3/4 of the way through this Cred Forums. It's fucking shit. Do yourself a favour and skip it

3/4 of the way through this Cred Forums. It's fucking shit. Do yourself a favour and skip it.

too smart for you?

they can't even speak properly.

>skip an obscure movie no one watched from a year ago.

Yeah ok OP, thanks for the heads up.

>can't understand shakespearean english
holy shit go back to school

no one gives a fucking about shitty british """english""".

He was right.

it's boring as fuck

Do the world a favor and skip your life, piece of shit

>it's not capeshit so it must be obscure
expand your horizons mate

It's extremely contrived. The actors are delivering lines without actually understanding what they are saying or what context their quote has in the dialogue or story per se. Just the same monotone 'I am doing high art' formular all the time. Fucking horrible.

The costume design is awful. Pacing is deliberately 'art house' generic sluggfest. Cinematography is nice from time to time. Don't watch

I agree with a lot of this.

>I'm dumb and can't understand anything but the most obvious and popular words, so everybody else is too
>le clothes are ugly, ugh
>people keep talking gibberish bullshit, please stop, horrible pace
>Oh that looks pretty! *heads back to phone*

>uses meme arrows to convey his superiority

>The cinematic surprise of 2015 is Macbeth, directed by Justin Kurzel. Shakespeare’s intimate political intrigue is filmed as a global visionary tragedy. Kurzel depicts Scotland’s eleventh-century history while alluding to our millennial disillusionment (“I feel now the future in the instant”).

>Kurzel’s harsh, violent images link to 300: Rise of an Empire, transforming pop myth through breathtaking poetry. Both Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard look archetypal: His ruddy skin, facial scruff, scared eyes, and a smile not to be trusted complement her deep-set stare with blue eyeshadow beneath a pearl corona. Their scheming and anguish derive from deep suffering, sufficient to explain their moral fall. By literalizing “Screw your courage to the sticking post, and we’ll not fail,” Kurzel makes the play as sexual as 300, and the tragedy becomes, all the more, a human and affecting tale of ambition vs. conscience. (The mob hailing Macbeth ironically resembles the people wall-mugging in the background of today’s politicians.)

it's got based fassy, I'll watch anything he's in.

>At this moment of political division and partisan suspicion, Macbeth is a perfect vehicle to wake the biased, dehumanizing conscience, to show the worst of others in ourselves. That’s what makes Fassbender and Cotillard’s unorthodox performances so beautiful. His talent for decadent menace and her gift for wounding sorrow deliver a poetic effect even when they use contemporary cadence on the blank verse. Jed Kurzel’s shrieking, moaning strings and booming percussion — this is the year’s best music score — add tactile effect to already expressive images: The forest killings of Macduff’s family and Banquo are worthy of The Conformist, and Paddy Considine as Banquo’s ghost is unforgettable.

>Justin Kurzel’s intense understanding of the play’s essence is apparent in the welts on the witches’ faces, Macbeth’s catching embers in his hand, the revelatory edit during Lady Macbeth’s monologue, and the close-up that makes Macbeth’s “Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow” despair immersive. This is the most imaginative Shakespeare film in years, as we await Julie Taymor’s wonderful unreleased A Midsummer Night’s Dream.

It was really fucking bad.Fucking video game cutscene tier cinematography

Fucking pleb

>blaming the arrows
#ARROWSLIVESMATTER

I made it 20 minutes in, couldn't handle Cotilliard

why do you keep marathoning it, if its shit

Why does this fucking retard view every film as a political vessel?

based armond

You're the retard, actually

I need to finish everything I start

Are you saying he doesn't? Or what are you trying to say?

Based Armond and his BBO (big black opinion)

That you are the kind of person who supports direct or indirectly the pathetic method of reviewing exercised everywhere, which is basically bland opinion and plot synopsis. Armond is the exception, what you criticize- his truly cultural criticism- is what nowadays rarely exists.
So, by being a promoter of the lcd, you're the retard.

>He's doing something different than these retards over here so you should automatically support him

No, fuck off. There's more than 2 ways to review films.

His method is fine if the filmmaker actually a "message" he is trying to communicate with the film, but that is not the case most of the time. Armond pretends like every film made has some kind of political statement. He fucking called The Neon Demon a "critique", which is the anti-thesis of how Refn actually makes films.

PLEB, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>he doesn't appreciate Shakespeare speak

If you are watching a movie and you pause it or even to just change window to your browser to make a shitpost like this then you really really need to consider that you are lonely and you need to get some friends so you can watch movies with them and say this shit to them instead here.

Bye

>eyecandy cinematography
>slomo warscenes
>superpower (invincibility) for the capeshit fans
>fuckin qt Marion Cotillard
>boring