Filmstruck Outlines Launch Date, Pricing Structure and Criterion Collection Integration

Kinoflix about to launch, bros

>Today, Turner announced the launch date for FilmStruck, the company’s first domestic subscription video-on-demand service, set to debut on October 19th. Developed and managed by Turner Classic Movies, FilmStruck will feature the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films. It will also feature extensive bonus content, filmmaker interviews and rare footage. Later this year, FilmStruck will also become the exclusive streaming home to the world-renowned Criterion Collection library, where subscribers can gain access to the Criterion’s entire streaming library through FilmStruck’s exclusive premium add-on tier, The Criterion Channel.

>Subscriptions to FilmStruck are available in three different pricing tiers:

>FilmStruck Subscription – $6.99/month – offering hundreds of constantly refreshed, hard-to-find and critically acclaimed films, plus exclusive bonus content including hosted introductions, originally produced pieces, interviews and more.

>FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel Subscription – $10.99/month – offering everything in the FilmStruck subscription plus unlimited access to Criterion’s entire streaming library of films and special features, along with channel-exclusive original programming such as filmmaker profiles, master classes, and curated series by celebrated guests from the film world and beyond

>Annual Subscription – $99/year for FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel (a $30 annual savings)

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2016/10/filmstruck-launch-date-criterion-collection-turner-classic-movies-1201733919/
filmstruck.com/
instagram.com/p/BLOJjxSBG5i/?taken-by=filmstruck
criterion.com/current/posts/4252-filmstruck-launches-october-19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>“FilmStruck is a departure from the timeless Hollywood classics that we offer at TCM and a genuinely distinct offering for the streaming marketplace, focusing on a thoughtfully curated experience around hard-to-find, critically acclaimed, independent films from the most celebrated libraries in the world,” said Jennifer Dorian, general manager of TCM and FilmStruck. “By combining the expertise at TCM and the Criterion Collection – two of the leading authorities in film preservation and history – we have created something really special that is a must-have for passionate film lovers.”

>Following the same curatorial expertise as TCM, FilmStruck’s massive library will feature over 70 fully curated and constantly refreshed programming themes. These include: Cinema Passport, a monthly “franchise” showcasing the work of countries rich in film history and culture; The Masters, a monthly, director-focused “franchise” highlighting acclaimed directors including Akira Kurosawa, François Truffaut, and Chantal Akerman; Food for Thought, a collection of films that tickles the tongue by prominently featuring food; and more.

>Additionally, FilmStruck will feature hosted introductions from film critics and celebrities, including actor Bill Hader, reporter Alicia Malone, and comedian and “Archer” actor Lucky Yates.

>FilmStruck will be available exclusively on Amazon Fire TV, web, iOS and Android devices at launch on October 19th, and on Apple TV and other platforms and devices in the coming months. Those who sign up at the official website can explore FilmStruck’s curated and constantly refreshed library with a special 14-day free trial.

indiewire.com/2016/10/filmstruck-launch-date-criterion-collection-turner-classic-movies-1201733919/

Some thoughts, inb4 shill

I'll probably drop Hulu for this. With Criterion and the C(omfy)W gone, there's not much left for me.

The beta wasnt so impressive however, as they only provided the Criterion films already on Hulu. I'm looking forward to seeing if they have access to more Criterion titles than the same that have been on Hulu for a couple years when it launches, as well as the content from other labels. I was hoping, as it's a joint venture w/ TCM, it would feature Turner Classic Movies, like, the old Hollywood stuff they play. It won't. From the TCM instagram today:
>Filmstruck won't have too much overlap with us, expect(sic) with TCM Imports.

Having said that, the TCM app for iOS and web is pretty great anyway, or at least always has a handful of classics to watch.

Stoked they're providing an iOS app, holding out hope the Apple TV app will work for last gen, but I doubt it. PS4 would be ideal.

The pricing's not bad, hoping the bonus content is as complete at the physical releases. Anyway, nice new option for cineastes and aesthetes such as ourselves, gentlemen, ladies.

What a stupid name

p cool maine, when I download a movie I feel like i'm entitled to an awesome movie, not so much when streaming

filmstruck.com/

>Room with a View
>Walkabout
>Daisies
>A Hard Day's Night
>????
>Persona
>Three Colors White

What's the third last film?

What/where do u mean exactly? The title page shows a lot of different stuff. Screenshot?

The movie clips being shown as the background at the top

Ohh, duh. Yeah, i dunno good question. Glad there's not an entrance exam.

I wish there was an entrance exam for Cred Forums.

I was definitely hoping this would be a TCM meets Netflix kinda service that focuses on the classics. I'm actually very disappointed by this information, and won't be subscribing

Kwaidan. Perfect time of year to watch it senpai. It's pretty good.

Me too

>Kwaidan
Thanks much

is it for americans only

Yeah, i'm holding out hope that the other labels will fill it out. I just wanna see some actually rare, little seen, hard to find, etc content.

Would have loved to see TCM films but i think Warner may be a part too?

Those are the only people who matter.

I believe I did hear Warner Bros is involved. It would be great to get their library of classics, especially if it included Warner Archives and the "Night at the Movies with Leonard Maltin" stuff.

FYI: A subscription will be required to gain entry into /film/

>paying for movies

Wait, do people still do this?

if no one payed for them no one would make them, and there would be no blu-rays to do HD-rips of

The lack of TCM is disappointing, but it still sounds great. I might give it a shot. I already have a huge Blu-ray collection, so I might not pay extra for Criterion, but we'll see.

cuck

Is Mubi, dare I say it, kill?

Mubi is kill ;_;

man yur kool

will it be region locked?

>supporting things you love so that more stuff like it will be made makes you a cuck

>tfw invited to beta but literally never used it once because I forgot.

It was ok. If you've looked at Hulu's Criterion selection, you've seen it.

I'm a bit annoyed that this was so heavily advertised as TCM + Criterion but in reality it has no actual TCM content and Criterion is a second tier subscription. That said I've very excited to see what comes out of it. The big issue I had with Criterion on Hulu (besides all the dated scans) was the lack of curation. It was 500 obscure French and Japanese films with no way to sort through them or know what they were going in. The description of cycles based on director, country, theme sounds perfect.

Hopefully MGM and Warner license out their back catalogs, though Warner Archive Streaming makes that unlikely.

Mubi is only useful out of necessity. The idea of paying in advance with no knowledge if the next months slate is any good is terrible. It's the "box" scam of streaming services

glad i have it for the herzog movies it had recently but this will probably replace it for me

Where Is BvS?

>no answer on whether it will be available outside the U.S.

Fuck this shit.

It obviously won't, and if it will it won't have the same films

TCM and Criterion both have North American rights to their movies (TCM is broadcast without blackout in Canada and Criterion DVDs are stocked by Canadian retailers).

It seems strange they won't even comment on whether the service is going to be available in Canada.

Oh, Canada isn't typically what comes to mind for "outside the US'. I thought NA was a given

via their instagram:
>We'll steam (sic) in the US only at launch. We're exploring international interest though. Whereabouts are you based?

You should unironically contact/lobby them. They sent out a couple really involved surveys for feedback in beta.

instagram.com/p/BLOJjxSBG5i/?taken-by=filmstruck

>they won't even comment on whether the service is going to be available in Canada.
see

In your asshole

On October 19, the Criterion Collection and Turner Classic Movies will launch a subscription streaming service built by people who love movies for people who love movies. It will be unlike anything out there, with thematic programming, introductions, special features, and much more. FilmStruck, the primary service, programmed by the team at TCM, will feature a rotating selection of Criterion titles alongside movies licensed from sources around the world. A premium option for FilmStruck subscribers, the Criterion Channel will be our home base in the streaming space, programmed and produced by the Criterion team, where we can take our mission to a whole new level.

Criterion Channel subscribers will have unlimited access to the largest selection of Criterion titles ever available on a streaming service—all the time. Our own ever-expanding streaming library includes many of the best-known classics in the Criterion Collection, along with hundreds of rare films you won’t find in any other medium, but we’ll also be featuring full Criterion special editions of titles licensed from major studios as well as out-of-print titles and films that have never been available to us on home video. We’ve worked hard to make the Criterion Channel a worthwhile addition for our core Criterion Blu-ray and DVD customers and regular FilmStruck subscribers alike by creating original, channel-exclusive content, director profiles, live events, guest-curated series, and a programming rotation where there will be something new happening just about every night of the week.

This gay shit doesn't work in my slavshit country but MUBI does so FUCK YOU

We’ve had a great five years at Hulu, but the opportunity to build our own channel with the help of an incredible team like the one at TCM is a dream come true for our company. FilmStruck will be the exclusive streaming home of the Criterion Collection as of November 11, when our library will be leaving Hulu. The monthly cost of FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel together will be $10.99, but you can sign up for the FilmStruck newsletter to receive a free two-week trial offer when the services go live.

We have talked (and debated) for years about the best way to bring some sort of subscription plan to our viewers, and with FilmStruck and the Criterion Channel, we believe we’ve finally found it. The first week on the channel, we’re bringing back the out-of-print commentary from The Silence of the Lambs. Catch a double feature on Friday nights. Find a short with a feature on Tuesdays. The possibilities are endless, and we’ve just begun to explore them.

criterion.com/current/posts/4252-filmstruck-launches-october-19

That's because Mubi was made by a shitskin

>too Jewish to spend literally TEN DOLLARS A MONTH on entertainment

Hitler was right.

>All of the greedy, stealing, amoral shitposters on this site are also anti-Jewish, inbred, do it for free Cred Forums mouth breathers
>hurr le jooz

Doublethinking brainwashed morons with internet access need to be treated the way they deserve and be fed to pigs.