Anyone here use a 4k display? How is it compared to non-4k and is it worth upgrading for Television and Film?

Anyone here use a 4k display? How is it compared to non-4k and is it worth upgrading for Television and Film?

Other urls found in this thread:

trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-explained
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course.

Are you a retarded marketer? there's like 3 real 4k movies.

People who play video games are a better market to shill this shit.

I've been thinking of getting a 4k projector for my kino room but PtP rarely does 4k for kinos so it seems pointless

Wait until 4K becomes more standard. Right now you're limited to like a handful of Netflix series and upscale Blurays

Not even your eyes can see in 4k
This is just more useless technology, like Blurays

>This is just more useless technology, like Blurays
you are absolutely retarded.

dude, you just got fuck'n trolled

> i was only pretending XDD

Are you saying that blurays aren't useless?
Tell me why the fuck do I need one, when I can stream all my movies.

>being this mad you got fuck'n ruined online

Netflix has done quite a few 4k shows so far.

But wouldn't recommend getting the TV until the broadcast TV starts sending in 4k desu family.

4K phone

quality goes like this

theater > bluray > rip > stream

Bluray is miles ahead of streams in quality, even if the "resolution" is the same, due to the compression involved. Blurays are currently the best way to experience movies outside the theater. Hailing streams as somehow equal in quality is worse than those advocating VLC media player over literally anything else.

If you go cheap on a 4k, you're a moron, or a normie

unless the film/show you are watching is in 4k it is pointless.

there is no video game in the market that has 4k textures. you can choose 4k in the options, but it will still be the the same texture size.

4k right now is a meme meant to part fools from their money

>just about zero native 4k content
>all 4k does is make 1080p look worse

Are the entry-level ones (starting around 400euros for 40" philips) worth it ?

I have a small, old "hd ready" tv and I'm hesitating between a 4k tv and the ps4 VR googles which have a cinema mode.

what if I wait till 4k is cheap to get a great 1080p panel at a reasonable price?

How are video games players a better market? Video games will never have 4k worth of details. Neither will cartoons or anime. Only watching real people would allow you to see the difference between 4k and 1080p.

OLED is right around the corner of being affordable.

>says me who's been waiting for 5+ years

HDR is also supposed to be right around the corner.
trustedreviews.com/opinions/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-explained

>Video games will never have 4k worth of details.
spoken like a true grandpa, people are already running dual cards to play in 4k also causing the antialiasing to be diminished. Hell most of my gaming done on PC is 4k downscaled to get super sampled results. Stop spewing bullshit. Next you'll tell me eyes can't see beyond 30fps.

>40" 4k

might as well get a 1080p iWatch.

er, shit, those exist don't they

Whatever 4k games there are look the exact same in 1080p. If you have a 4k game it's just stretched out to 4k pointlessly like the plenty of anime you see saying it's 1080p.

you might need to get your eyes checked

am being perfectly serious.

You're getting some things confused.

yes, consoles will just upscale to 4k because they can barely render at 2k without dropping frames (and a lot of games just render at 720p still and upscale from that). PC can actually render at 4k.

Whatever 4k games there are look the exact same in 1080p

Holy shit is it bait or something ?

I watch all of my yify kinos on my laptop desu

I really want a Vizio P65 but it's about $2000. Would it be stupid to try to get one now with black Friday around the corner? Is it reasonable to expect a set to have a black Friday deal?

I remember seeing a video from a 4k tv maker, and they said you need like a 70+ inch screen to see the difference. That doesn't matter here though, because as far as video games go, there is no difference, there are no video games with 4k worth of details.

It's the truth. But you can waste your money on nothing if you want because you lack common sense.

>4k worth of details.

do you even know what resolution is?

is this one of those things where even if people think you're an idiot, at least they're thinking about you at all?

look go google 4k vs 1080p video games and tell me again that they look the same.
But i think i'm replying to a bait.

Resolution is the amount of pixels. Anything can be stretched out to having 4k of pixels, it's pointless unless the content itself was actually made that way, with those many details that seeing it in 4k would allow you to see details that you otherwise wouldn't be able to see in 4k. That will never happen in video games.

Only idiot children who did no research would think I'm wrong.

can't really tell the difference from 760p to 1080p, so it seems pretty useless

I don't have a 4k screen retard. You even think you can tell the difference between a 4k video and a 1080p video when you're not even looking at it on a 4k screen? You must be a child.

>idiot children who did no research
is this the advanced tactic of calling others what others think you are?

resolution determines the amount of details you can see. You're saying that it's useless to be able to distinguish fine details?

You realize that one day video games will look like real life right?

are you getting yourself confused over the fact there aren't many 4k textures and thinking that means video games don't have 4k detail?

>i have no idea what resolution is.

>resolution determines the amount of details you can see

Yes but again, no video game has those many details. So they look the same in 1080p. And no videos games will never look like real life. There's just too many details in real life, get a microscope and you can even see someone's cells.

Much better than my 720. But that's probably just 1080p. I only bought it because I had the money.

jesus christ.

No it's the tactic of calling Cred Forums tards what they are.

>take 4k image and 1080p image
>zoom into a 1080p section on the 4k image
>compare 4k 1080p section to the same section on the 1080p image

this isn't rocket surgery

im thinking of buying the new UHD HDR 4k samsung 8 serie.anybody have one?

Again, you cannot see 4k on a non-4k screen. I'll try to explain, my screen right now for example is 1366 x 768 . That means that those are all the pixels on my screen. If I see a video that has more pixels than my screen does, then I can't see a difference between it and something that only uses the maximum amount of pixels as my screen.

Get an OLED. That's a genuine leap in image quality.

Are you fucking retarded? That's why the image is crop to fit you're monitor's resolution. And even if it wasn't all you have to do is look at it on its original size.

... but yea, if you blow the image up to it's actual resolution, its actually easier to see the difference between 1080p and 4k even on your 720p screen.

Listen you said that theres no difference between 4k and 1080p gaming. I just post a pic that proved the contrary therefore you shut up.

>Ppl are paying $800 gpu for 4k even though they can't see any difference xd