Harry Potter IMAX rerelease

Well I called it, WB had be en talking about this for a couple years. All the Harry Potter films are being rereleased in 4K IMAX screens, the first two will be shown in IMAX for the first time ever. I'm going to see all of them I cannot wait.

>In anticipation of the global IMAX release of Warner Bros. Pictures’ Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them beginning the weekend of November 18, IMAX and Warner Bros. Pictures today announced that all eight Harry Potter franchise films will screen for the first time in domestic IMAX locations for an exclusive one-week engagement beginning October 13. The event, which will build on the growing excitement surrounding J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World franchise, marks the first time both Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets will be digitally re-mastered into the immersive IMAX® format and released in IMAX® theatres.

>Showtimes may vary depending on location. Tickets will be available in locations by means of four separate admission packages: Single Ticket; Day Access (admittance to three or more shows in a single day); Four-Show Access (admittance to four shows any time, any day); and Festival Access (unlimited admittance throughout the event).

comingsoon.net/movies/news/772649-entire-harry-potter-franchise-to-be-released-in-imax-for-one-week

imax.com/news/harry-potter-imax-week

FUCKING YES

Wheres the fan fiction bro at

I want to see this but I don't want to make rowling richer.

>dude, pay to see the movie again!
>it'll be totally different this time, we promise

>Well I called it
I guess we'll have to take your word for it.

Does this really excite you that much? These movies aren't that great.

I'd assume WB is getting most of the profits. And Rowling is a billionaire so its a drop in the bucket anyways

>it has to be different
lol at you

Yes it excites me I love all the movies except Goblet of Fire, seeing the midnight original releases was one of the best things ever

>Cursed Child is canon
>Ebony Mc Dark Raven is not

Someone explain me why.

It makes all the tasteless man children happy.
Because it was for a play you uncultured Cred Forumsedditor

Finally something good unlike one of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Cred Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-posting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better.
As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

cap this
there will be something huge about that event horizon flick soon(maybe like the original cut coming out or something). its being shilled all over here and social media right now

Just called my local IMAX theater they are showing one fim a day and tickets are single only at 10 bucks a pop.

Other theaters might be doing things differently and offering festival passes or admittance.

Where's the /lit/ guy with the "Harry Potter is bad and I'll tell you why" copypasta?

How long until the movies are rebooted again? WB probably wants another franchise besides DCEU.

They have a new trilogy. they arent rebooting if anything they will throw money at the trio for proper sequels in 5-10 years.

they wont reboot for probably another 15 years

Scratch that online listings show multiple movies being shown a day.

Is HP worth my time? I always liked LOTR more as a kid, but I think I wanna watch HP since I'm a creature design fag and I know the series has some cool ones.
That and obnoxious faggots in high school were always HP fans.

>WB probably wants another franchise besides DCEU
Thats what the trash in the op image is mate. They only greenlit it in case the superhero shit falls through
at first(when it was first announced and the writing not even started) it was supposed to be just one little flick and then 'DCEU' doing a faceplant turned it into a trilogy

i love hp and lotr. they are different, the cool thing is that the films are very different having six cinematographers and 4 directors but theres nice progression and imo really nice atmosphere.

lots of people liked potter so that was just a cross section

Don't watch a shitty rip get a remux at least

eh, those kids were just obnoxious already. Plenty of people silently liked harry potter without coming across as a fukwit

>tfw UHD Blu Rays are basically scam 2K upscales
>h265/x265 codecs are crap and adopting slower than predecessors
>we're still years away from proper 4K/10bit colour/HDR remasters of HP or LotR
>why live

i think ootp was filmed in 5K

the prints being shown in theaters are 4K i believe

Were they originally shot in IMAX

they were shot in 4K or more and most of them were released in IMAX when they came out. Whatever projection system they have is remastered to display in IMAX