Is there a more consistently awkward segment of TV than the part in Jeopardy when they make small talk for a quick bit...

Is there a more consistently awkward segment of TV than the part in Jeopardy when they make small talk for a quick bit right after the first commercial break?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eQLPIz6CYLE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Larson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck Jeopardy UGH.. JUST GET TO THE GODDAMN GAME, I BARELY CARE ABOUT THAT EITHER.

>Hunter, this isn't your first time on television. I heard you were a guest star on an episode of "To Catch a Predator." What was it like meeting Chris Hansen?
>Amber, your Tumblr on misogynistic themes in yogurt advertisements receives how many thousands of hits per day?
>Barbara, you once wrote a novel that the publisher rejected because it was just 600 pages of thinly veiled copies of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley having explicit sex. How did your 37 cats react to this disappointment?

Wouldn't it at least make more sense to have the banter between the first and second round? Why do it in the middle of the first round, that's fucking dumb

this is good

Someone I know who worked on the show told me that Trebek actually likes this shit because it gives him a chance to throw in his clever joke or observation at the end of whatever the person says.

The sad thing is they actually rehearse these stupid anecdotes and plan it all out ahead. The problem is that like 90% of the people who make it to Jeopardy are clinically autistic and lead vapid existences.

I might be making this up, but I'm pretty sure that's how they used to do it. I thought I remember them finishing the interview, and then introducing the new categories. No idea why they changed.

Hunter takes this shit seriously

The main reason why I haven't tried out for Jeopardy is that I have nothing to say in this segment.

Sensible chuckle.gif

>The problem is that like 90% of the people who make it to Jeopardy are clinically autistic and lead vapid existences.

Which is better than how other game shows pick their contestants. Remember Deal or No Deal, when they intentionally went for over-the-top annoying screaming idiots? That show could've been almost watchable if they'd gone with normal people.

Ken Jennings won 74 or so straight games of Jeopardy

imagine him trying to go through 74 of those filler segments

a good half of those were probably just Alex going 'why are you still here, fucking lose already goddamn'

I saw one episode of Hole in the Wall and it was a a bunch of sassy black women versus sassy gay fat guys and it wasn't a good thing.

Ken at least seems like a decent guy.
What I'm wondering is, how'd Trebek get through a month of sharing a room with Arthur Chu?

>mfw the round/game doesn't finish because Trebek is an egotistical stroke victim

>Hole in the Wall
oh man. the video went viral, every country had to make their own version, nobody realized it was just one segment on a variety game show and just people getting knocked into the water can't fill a half hour.

Needed a laugh, thank you user

tfw hacking best game show ever and getting away with it

You reversed the order you dumb shit

It always goes from viewer's right to the left, cause the champion is the one closest to Alex and he always ends there

You have to provide 6-7 fun facts about yourself, and Alex gets to pick which one he talks to you about during that segment.

it's more awkward when trebek tries to randomly/unexpectedly add his own like personal input or commentary to an answer as a contestant tries to pick the next category and ends up cutting them off

I fast forward.

DOES THE AUDIENCE NOT LOVE MY COMMENTARY AND FUNNY JOKES

ARE THEY NOT ENTERTAINED

that guy isn't even 40 in the gif
he ended up losing and squandering all his winnings

what? he looks like he's 68 or something there

this guy gets it

>withdrawing all your earnings
>getting your home robbed later

I love rooting against the non-white contestants. I know 30 Rock made that joke but I always do this.

His end story is sad but he was alpha as fuck and owned the system, albeit for a short but glorious time.

youtu.be/eQLPIz6CYLE

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Larson

Saw one of the original Jeopardy boards in Don Pardo's basement New Jersey home. It had manual sliders like a Fenway Park scoreboard.

Did he fuck the shit out of your asshole or what?

It's better if they plan it out ahead of time, trust me