youtu.be/Jwup4ItqyNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=54zoJnwSJhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HHHHHHNNNNGGGGHHHH

Don't start period, problem solved.

start with s01e01 and drop it s01e01

no fun allowed I see

You're obviously shitposting so don't act all offended, you girl

I'm not, I watched the movie when I was a kid and now I'm in the mood for some dumb fun, sue me faggot

If you don't want to spend too much time on it, watch Linkara's History of the Power Rangers series.

Watch

MMPR
Zeo
In space
Lost Galaxy
Time force
Dino Thunder

if you didn't watch this children's show when you were a child, there's no point in watching it now, unless you're quite underage/retarded.

Only the first power rangers team is necessary to watch. Maybe the movie, but even as a kid i was disappointed with the ooze character and story

I forgot to add you should watch all the specials as well

Watch:

Kamen Rider W
Kamen Rider OOO
Kamen Rider Fourze

And all the crossover movies inbetween.

Ignore:
Power Rangers

thanks user
what's that? an abridged version?
ok man
I remember liking the first movie but that was long ago, I've been seeing news about a reboot and that sparked my interest in the old stuff
I can do both user, I'll write that down. any more stuff you recommend?

ULTRAMAN

Fuck linkara, the fucking autist

Alright OP listen here! Watch MMPR (not all just the episodes that look entertaining on the description, because I assume your watxhing on Netflix). Definitely watch the green with evil series, cause ya know, green ranger. Its OK to skip episodes. It's a kids show, you won't miss much. The watch ZEO, skip turbo, then watch In Space. Skip lost galaxy on ,untill time patrol. skip untill Ninja storm. Ninja Storm is pretty good (for power rangers mind you). Then watch Dino Thunder. No seriously watch Dino Thunder. Best Power Ranger series, bar none. Then SPD, it's campy and fun, but you can skip if you want. The skip until Dino charge. That one is OK. Then RPM which I'm watching right now.

Holy shit, fuck Linkara. Almost as annoying as Doug

Then after this if you are willing to try more seasons watch:
light speed rescue
RPM

Watch MMPR but realistically its for kids so dont watch anything at all.

>MMPR
I'd say watch the green with evil saga and return of an old friend. Those were pretty much the high points.

MMPR to In Space is the main self contained continuity. After that it's mostly one off seasons but with a crossover episode with the previous season at some point. Just watch it till you don't want to. It's a cheesy show for babies but it can be fun. Maybe just watch the Green Ranger arc.

Zeo has the best opening.
youtube.com/watch?v=0vmUyduQYsw

Watch Zyuranger

While I agree with the notion that Linkara is a dumb retard (in many, many ways), I do not agree with his view on the PR seasons. Although I respect them, nonetheless, but give my own reasons as for what season to watch later on. However:

Is right in that, just like DBZ or WWE, if you have no emotional connection to it by having watched it in your childhood, it will bore you. It is bad television, but it can be entertaining. It has mediocre writing at its best, but it can be very creative. But if you didn't watch it as a child, you might have less patience to really liking the series as a whole.

Having said that, Power Rangers sucks. Power Rangers is creative, can be entertaining, but it is mindless fun. It is, after all, the epitome of action for children since things like "Transformers: Beast Wars" (that arguably had superior writing in the later seasons, but few PR episodes hold up to it) were rare back in those days.
90% of the episodes are filler and if you don't like the describtion that is given, then there is no need to watch them.

Also, I will spoiler you within MMPR - In Space about the cast, so beware.

>MMPR S1
A lot of these episodes are very creative and unique because these 60 episodes were all done without knowing what "Power Rangers" really are. It established the mythos and had a minor "Wizard of Oz" feel to it.
The writers did not care about anything and just wrote for fun. All of the episodes are filler, except for "Green With Evil" that was specifically written to resemble a comicbook-storyline and does feel like one as well. It also is one of the few episodes early on to -not- be filler, so you can watch that.

The first season of MMPR is fun, but if you do not like it... just skip it. Power Rangers has the positive that its universe is shared, but the seasons differ greatly from one another and that makes for a unique viewing experience.

>MMPR S2
It is similiar to the first season, but with less episodes. As with many episodes of Power Rangers, just skip through the episodes you feel interested in. There is barely any continuity.
Later in, you have lots of two-parters which resemble small comicbook-plots. They're mostly rather interesting, but cheap. But Power Rangers is a damn cheap show. That's what's so interesting about it.

>MMPR S3
This is where things get interesting, the entire mythos of Power Rangers is expanded within the series. There is a lot more continuity within the third season, a lot more changes (for the most part, there is a mini-seris within the show and it has lots of filler), and the villain cast was purposefully written to resemble Al Bundy and his family (just ask headwriter Doug Sloan who was responsible for MMPR - Turbo and then Ninja Storm and Dino Thunder).
I strongly recommend to watch the series, if you were interesting in the former seasons. Otherwise, there is no point in continuing. The same goes for

>Zeo
It strongly ties in to the former series, but delivers less direct change. It does have a few continuity nods and I recommend to at least watch the beginning episodes as well as the "Golden Ranger" arc and "King for a Day".
This show suffers greatly from wasted potential, something that occurs a lot throughout the show.

>Turbo
It has a movie, but you can skip it. In fact, you can skip it all up until "Passing the Torch". The headwriter changed and Judd Lynn was responsible for this half that featured a new cast and a fresh tone. It was less serious, less bound by the continuity of previous Rangers. It was more fun, and you can feel that. Less restrictions, and the ratings went up once more.
I recommend watching any episode you find interesting (as always) as well as "Parts and Parcel", a kind of heartwarming episode.
>Turbo
It has a movie, but you can skip it (unless you want to know what kind of happened, kind of). In fact, you can skip it all up until "Passing the Torch". The headwriter changed and Judd Lynn was responsible for this half that featured a new cast and a fresh tone. It was less serious, less bound by the continuity of previous Rangers. It was more fun, and you can feel that. Less restrictions, and the ratings went up once more.
I recommend watching any episode you find interesting (as always) as well as "Parts and Parcel", a kind of heartwarming episode.

>In Space
Very, very continuity driven. Very, very fun for the most part. Power Rangers at its best that features everything you would want from such a show.
The episodes can be so diverse and I would just tell you to watch all of the episodes up until the "Psycho Ranger" arc as it can be rather tedious to watch.
Of course, all two-parters are the ones not to miss because they are kind of relevant to the plot.

>Lost Galaxy
This is where every season is self-contained, but this one still features a lot of continuity nods.
It is similiarly well written and is in some ways a great, little space action-adventure show for children. Its writing is still strong and fulfilling for the most part.
The villains are diverse and have their own schemes (similiar to In Space, but here even moreso), the Rangers are likeable, the episodes are generally better written for the most part.

>Lightspeed Rescue
Its premise is different from the rest of the series and can be seen as underwhelming, but it delivers as you would expect, and is truly underrated.
Demons attack earth and you have a diverse cast from all over the world to beat them.
It doesn't feature any religious themes, of course, but it's consistently well-written for an intended filler season.

>Time Force
A show that betrays its own theme and is regarded by its own creator as something of a miss and mostly left because of it. Many fans like it still, and some episodes can be rather nice, but the name implies "time travel" which does not happen whatsoever, for the most part.
Mutants from the year 3,000 travel back in time. And while you have sympathy with the main villain (..... kind of), the cast is nothing special and you have more diversity that makes for interesting mash-ups in Lightspeed Rescue.

>Wild Force
A fanboy of the show became headwriter for this season that was supposed to be the last series... ten years ago.
It was supposed to be the start-up for something great (Ninja Storm), but Doug Sloan overtook the series and the plans never came to fruition.
The series features a somewhat emotional rivarly between the Red Ranger and the main villain, for its standards, and that is the highlight of the show.
The most oustanding episode is "Forever Red" that is basically an Anniversary Circlejerk as ten Red Rangers fuck up the returning Machine Empire. And it's campy, fun.
Other than that, just watch it if you like the premise.

Lightspeed Rescue is my favorite PR series

It has my favorite pink ranger and the motherfucking GOAT Silver Ranger but idk it's not my favorite.

>Ninja Storm
"Disney's Power Rangers" as it features extreme sports, superpowers that would be in every season up until RPM, and a villain that is laughable at best.
The action is repetitive and will remain the same for the most part in all of the shows because of slow-mo explosions and the aforementioned superpowers. There is less goy-alien action.
The writing is fine, though, as long as you even like the show.

>Dino Thunder
Basically a re-take on MMPR, but with a more "realistic" high-school setting and a few bad soap-opera tropes. That is Power Rangers.
It features the return of an old Rangers as the mentor and also the episode "Fighting Spirit" which is a episode purely for fanservice.
Besides all of that, the episodes can be be fun, but nothing all too serious.

>SPD
The guy that worked in the art departement for "Lost World" and "A. I." is headwriter and executive producer for the show, set in the distant future of 2025 featuring a space police that chases alien criminals in one city.
The sets and acting are all lovely. It is very MMPR because none of the episodes matter, but many are fun to watch and the universe is greatly enrichend by the different alien races. I exeggerate, however, because this is still fuckin Power Rangers.
You can skip almost every episode and the characters are kind of strong, but there is no development whatsoever. It just looks nice.
Great theme song, but the next show also has one.

>Mystic Force
Basically a mix of Harry Potter and other fantasy shows with a cheap story that just gets more boring as the show progresses.
It sucks, it had a lot of wasted potential, but the first few episodes are vastly different from many other seasons because of its unique setting (although the same can be said for SPD for example).
There is no reason to watch it all because it does not get any better.

>Operation Overdrive
Indiana Jones + Batman = the mentor of the show. And that is the most interesting thing about it.
It mainly has weak writing and is god-awful at times. The premise is so great, but I won't write it down as one would just get disappointed once they see the actual show.

>Jungle Fury
The 17th season that has low standards, but fulfills them in every way.
This is not a bad show, it just does not have a lot to offer. But it really is a neat series about martial arts guys fighting other monsters as they learn new skills. It can be fun and interesting at times.
The japanense equivalent "Gekiranger" is vastly superior.

>RPM
This is literally what would happen if they did "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" in the distant future. It has the same plot, pokes fun of its own series, and has somewhat good writing thanks to micromanagement done by the new headwriter and executive producer whose name I won't mention because I forgot it.
However, the first half of the show just felt overly serious and many fans talk about RPM when they want others to take them seriously because they don't realize Power Rangers is a shitty kids show.
Regardless of how "XD" the show became, the writing and the actors and the cast are well done. They all have actual unique backstories and develop throughout the show (somewhat).
But the real fun is in the latter half of the show because Judd Lynn, the one responsibl for In Space to Time Force, came back to finish the show. It is truer to the series core because it is more light-hearted and doesn't go down a dumb way just to darken the show.
RPM is one of those shows that are throughly enjoyable, really. The last city on earth trying to survive the attacks of the Machine Empire.

Saban bought Power Rangers back. Its executive producer of it is now the guy that literally copies the japenese shows almost 1:1, because of that the first two shows lack heart and they never develop beyond its original premise.
The characters are caricatures of themselves, one-dimensional beings with no acting skills. And that is not the fault of the actors, they were told to do act more as if they would talk to a toddler.

>Samurai
>Super Megaforce
Both shows try too hard to be like MMPR and fail. It's almost like a reboot, just that all the episodes lack any creativity while the latter show features continuity episodes with Rangers of past seasons.... that are done badly. The epitome of wasted potential.
"Gokaiger" is the 30th Anniversary of "japanese power rangers" and does it so greatly that I recommend to watch this instead.

>Dino Charge
Judd Lynn is back and delivers a somewhat fresh take on the series. It's not all that great, but it has a unique cast and is just a neat, little TV show for children as you would see them in the 90s. It has lots of creativity, and is a nice take on the franchise.
Nothing all too new when it comes to the story, though.

>not watching the superior Voltage Vengerz

Fucking pleb.

J U S T
U
S
T

yearly reminder that this actress ignored the fandom for more than 20 years and then came back to get lots of money donations to produce an awful show bout dumb shit

I love the autistic Power Rangers fans. They're so dumb as fuck. Even Linkara is kinda better

stop when you're no longer feeling it. show fell off for me when these new Rangers replaced the Rangers I liked.

watch the first movie though.

She'd be better off dead

So many goddamn boners over this chick.

Trini was purest maiden though.

youtu.be/kQfQ_8Om4GQ

Is this kino?

fandoms are usually stupid especially if it's something from their childhood. idk if this is just an American thing or not.

you start when you are 3 and drop it when your nuts drop

You're too old now but it's not worth watching after the 2nd series.

just watch JETOMAN and forget about american trash

man, In Space was so fucking awesome, blew my mind as a kid.

This is one of those things that if you didn't watch in the 90s when you were a kid and developed an emotional connection to it, it'll be unbearable to watch now.
It's action for kids, and most of the time, bad action.

It can be summed up in:
Sparks,super sentai poses, random slowmo explosions, sparks, monsters that look like they were drawn by children, typical asian fight choreography where one person fights dozens at the same time, more sparks and MEGAZORDS.

That being said, i was never a big fan but the franchise has it's place in my memory, the only season i watched almost entirely was Dino Thunder, what? 10 years ago?

I was too young to care about MMPR when it aired in my country but i'll never forget DAT INTRO.
It still sends shivers down my spine:
youtube.com/watch?v=tZtzn5GQOng

>Trini
RIP.

>dat behind the scenes video with Tommy and Billy with awkward Trini

I just realized you can see Tommy flipping Billy off via shadow

youtu.be/jvLwO8QZI7Q

Man, they were such dicks to that fucking disgusting faggot. Damn.

Pls don't bully Billy

Not really, Billy was just a self-loathing gaylord back in those days who made people's lives somewhat miserable because he thought he was being constantly attacked. Doesn't even mean he did anything or so, but he was overly serious about anything.
Bear in mind that many of the crew members were gay themselves and JDF (Tommy) is a prankster who just makes fun of everything and himself, so he would not get a long with somebody who takes overly serious.
Besides maybe JDF, no one took issues with him anyways.

JDF and Yost are good friends in real life. Occasionally,Yost would babysit JDFs kids

Thought I heard the crew bullied him pretty badly though? Or maybe he just didn't get the ribbing.

To be fair, she was wearing the suit for a charity stunt thing or some shit

Kinda amazing considering how much of a christfag JDF is

lmao then who did Yost take any issues with? He said in the original interview he felt being attacked for being gay, if I remember correctly. While, of course, he coulda just meant that he had lots of self-loathing and projected it onto others, I am not sure if he meant it that way.

RPM is really good

The producers and directors. Not so much the cast members

I can't believe that guys like Tony Oliver would have issues with him being gay, though, as he interpreted it.
Especially when some other crew members were gay themselves.

I don't know. Probably because Billy was the most useless character and people bullynerds.

This bothers me on so many levels.

I guess Tommy stayed green with evil part 1

>I'm Zack and I'm black. Go figure.

Did you know the dude has a missing finger

Fuck, I always wanted a nub. Always thought they looked rad.

Hey, why did he go jew for more money anyway? His token replacement was so blah.

youtu.be/Jwup4ItqyNQ

This fucking theme

Do you have any idea how much they misuse the actors? Even more than in regular Hollywood, those guys worked 16 hours a day for six months. Not including training, if I remember correctly.
Then you have to remember that they got paid PEANUTS.
Considering how well-received the series was at the time, it is only logical they would want more money. Especially because they were treated so poorly.

Kinda weird to say, but in this case, Saban was a real jew (which he is). Although he didn't even know any of the cast members in the first place.

Honestly, did they really expect more than that? It was a cheesy saturday morning kids show. It's not like they were making a blockbuster (except when they tried to). Not saying they didn't deserve more bread but I honestly don't feel bad for them either. It wasn't exactly the big time. I was more sad to see them go and replaced with Coys and Vances.

>Billy was the most useless character
Just the opposite. His brains were constantly saving their asses.

For the second season when the cast would go on to star for four more? Yeah, why not? Many actors do this shit. For fucks sake, many sitcom members were paid a million per episode.
Does not mean they should be paid that much, or that PR is on the level of a popular sitcom, but the first few seasons were immensly popular. "Lost Galaxy" had a 7.1 rating.
It does not matter if it were a kids show or not, the series was -the- most popular thing on TV at one point, why should they not want or get more?
>because the characters were bland and, ultimately, only Tommy Oliver aka JDF mattered
Yes, this is true. However, I am quite serious when I say "being paid peanuts", just not literal ones you buy at the store, but the ones in a gas station. Like that. There's something like the Screenactors Guild, I think MMPR was non-union for a reason because the pay was so fucking low.

Yeah, but the advertising dollar has to be a bit different, no? I would think that would impact the pay. I suppose it depends on how much they wanted in the end. Could've been fair, I really don't know. But if they wanted some crazy figure, they probably should have known better.

I think they wanted the show to be union, which Saban wasn't willing to do at that point in time. Tommy was the breakout star of the show so Saban really didn't give a fuck about anyone else. Some cast members have talked about JDF negotiating raises for everyone because he actually had that sort of power. When he eventually wanted to leave the show Saban tried to blackmail him and said he'd fire the entire cast if he left. He left regardless and Saban did in fact clean house on the rest of the cast.

Daily reminder that Kat > Kim

At least watch the Green/White Ranger arcs

Patrician

... that would be Turbo? Where a new cast was already groomed since the ratings were bad as fuck anyways... ?

always wondered were the MMPR episodes a mix of the american actors with the japanese version fighting scenes?

ofc they are

DON'T ASK ME WHEN THEY WILL BE OUT!

None of the replacements were introduced prior to Turbo. Two of the four made their first appearence in the 14th episode, and the other two were introduced in the same 2 parter they became rangers (episode 18). I don't believe Zeo's ratings were bad either. In fact I remember someone having said the reason they made the second movie when they did is because the ratings went back up after having dipped (season 3?)

Be as it may, Turbo's ratings were bad and went up after the new cast was introduced. They did change the headwriter after all, so the ratings could not have been good whatsoever.
The fresh start / reboot was supposed to be explained later as well, I believe part of the reason was because they needed to start anew to boost the ratings.
IIRC, Crayfish / Chris Funaro once said that the movie was more or less made because they either still had a deal with Fox or because they had a lot of budget to spend, while cast and crew remained the same for the Turbo movie.

Just watch Sentai

MMPR is the only one that exists for me, but I would never re-watch it unless I were high and feeling nostaligic

movie was fucking kino and Kimberly gave me my first boner and now my boner

Pick a motiff that you think is interesting, start with that, after all the seasons are autoconclusive and you don't need to watch the previous ones...oh, wait, you said Power Rangers, sorry, I dunno.

fight me

Well yeah, I imagine the first half of Turbo had poor ratings because the first half of Turbo had a lot of problems, but by the time those ratings came in they were probably already filming episodes with the new cast. I don't believe ratings improved after the cast change either, at least not to a significant degree, because they planned on In Space being the final season.

As a kid i had the power rangers bed set with pillow cases.

I used to kiss Kimberly and hump my pillows daily.

If you werent a kid around that time you wouldn't understand.

>Kim 5'2"
>Kat 5'8"
Kat undesputed best girl.

Another one of these threads?
Stop watching a shitty remake created by a greedy jew preaching multiculturalism and watch the original show where the makers actually care about their product.

bread cutting board with horseface against pure aryan qt with curves.
Such a hard choice.

This is actually a common misconception.
They didn't plan for IS to be the final season. In fact, they already knew they'd film more seasons based on the ratings that went up and up.

>but by the time those ratings came in they were probably already filming episodes with the new cast
And crew. Which means the ratings went down beforehand, and Sloan wanted more continuity inbetween the seasons which is why he was let go in the first place.

a reboot was, thus, necessary, and certainly did not come out of nowhere. Certainly at least not solely because JDF wanted more money.

Also, before one says
>source

There are few interviews of Judd Lynn out there, albeit not many. Actors aren't reliable sources at all when it comes to production.
Also, Chris Funaro said so himself, and he has been very tight with the entire production for years (although now, of course, less than usual since the crew changed hands a few times). Nonetheless, he's still got a super great mind for Power Rangers, especially when it comes to backstage stuff,

It was HARD. I remember I used to jack it to scrambled channels out of desperation, bruh.

I'm fucking her not looking for a pick up game.

delete this

>parents get a descrambler/cable box
>don't realize how tech savvy I am

I lost so much semen.

JDF didn't want more money, he wanted to move on to other things. And the producer wanting less continuity doesn't mean ratings went down. They were changing the series for the second time in two years, and I could see how one might think less continuity would make the new series more accessible/less confusing to new viewers. Ultimately the cast change wouldn't have happened if JDF didn't want to leave.

>not wanting to fuck high test kat
I can only assume you're a manlet.

B-but user i'm not just if she is a much worse version of this

>Ultimately the cast change wouldn't have happened if JDF didn't want to leave.
True.

> And the producer wanting less continuity doesn't mean ratings went down.
If ratings went up or stayed the same, they wouldn't have needed to freshen it up. It's been said by multiple people they had to do this, including Doug Sloan and Jackie Merchant because of the ratings.

This is now a Kat thread.

No

I avoided it or watched it ironically when I was bored or needed a female ranger with big muffs to fap to. literally every episode is the same plot with a new robot thrown in every few episodes to sell new toys. its complete trash. repetitive and dull. its no wonder it created an entire bumper crop of other shows exactly like it. just by watching one episode, one could replicate its exact formula
I really feel sorry for people who have nostalgia for this crap

Too bad she had to get those cancer sacks chopped off.

I fucking will!

>I really feel sorry for people who have nostalgia for this crap
Don't. It's just normal for anyone with a childhood. Most shit we watch as children doesn't age well or wasn't much to begin with.

Someone post it.

Yes

Ok, a little

requesting pics of her thighs pls

not true, there are worthwhile and genuinely cool things to be nostalgic about. stuff like power rangers and pokemon have no substance. they're just repetitive garbage to get kids hooked on consumerism at an early age that extends all the way into adulthood to the point where these companies have customers for life. these franchises have no value and never did. if you were subverted into liking these things as a child, then you were either closeted, had little to no other options for worthwhile culture to adopt, or were simply a dull child and I do feel sorry for you

>they're just repetitive garbage to get kids hooked on consumerism at an early age that extends all the way into adulthood
Right. Except that it's a common occurence that they watch it for a few years at most and then move on.

drop it when they stop assigning ranger colours based on race

Good lord, you are going on about nothing.

Don't even bother with the (((Saban))) shit. Watch the super sentai series instead.

Man, I swear the series MMPR is based off is more incoherent than it. Never get why people sing it's praises. It's pretty shit too.

MMPR > its japanese equivalent.

Super Sentai can be great because its writing is usually more consistent whereas Power Rangers suffers greatly from different executives and headwriters that all have a different vision.
Both series have different tones and both can be serious and lighthearted, the latter moreso in PR (because SS exeggerates by using children and low-brow humour and PR is kiddy by nature and can have somewhat heartwarming episodes) while the former moreso belongs to SS (as it gets rather serious and dark for a kids show, as it usually the case in Japan; meanwhile, when PR gets dramatic, it mostly becomes a bad soap-opera as the guys can't find a good middleground).

All these pleb-tier tastes and opinions in this thread. Except for Kim posters. AJJ is life

Start from begining stop at in space finale maybe also watch galaxy if u like sci fi. If ur really into it watch light speed but go no further

You don't, you retarded faggot.

>not watching Dino Thunder

Opinion discarded

light speed is the pre 9/11 kino series

Skip MMPR. The autists won't like me saying that but the show is terrible. Start with Zeo and stop when you finish In Space. Space was the peak.

Season 1 to Season 4 (In Space)

Then go watch RPM if you want.

From what I hear Rose McIver saved RPM

The 3 part episode of the green ranger being made by Rita and is the most kino of Power Rangers.

>Proceeds to kick Power Ranger ass in hand to hand combat
>Get's a fucking flute dagger
>Summons a robot godzilla from the sea
>Kick more power ranger ass
>Rip Zordon a new one

I liked Jungle Fury more than the sentai version because the choreography was great. It was the first time the fights felt like martial arts fights. The western team did a better job at translating that than the Jap did and some of the original choreographers were great. To this day, it is still in my top three PR series.

First of all go back in time and be 7 years old and then watch it.

Yes, because you're so mature that you're on a Japanese Image Board.

Powerkino

youtube.com/watch?v=54zoJnwSJhg