Tfw you write your SJW review before finding out about a forced rape controversy

>tfw you write your SJW review before finding out about a forced rape controversy

Yeah, KILL those children Nat!

lmao Buzzfeed already made an article trashing him

>tfw the Onion A.V. Club article essentially says;

>It's a shit film, but Black Lives Matter, so I have to give it a good review, but the director is a rapist, so I have to lower the rating to a comfortable B

Also;

>he deserves a film that doesn't soften the era or apologize in any way for his anger

It's literally a white washed, watered down version of the story that won't upset audiences.

They leave out the child killing and rape and his severe mental illness.

Wouldn't want to challenge the audience too much!

Out of general curiosity, do you think the general American population/military is free from baby-killing, or is it just what it happens in a slave revolt that you find it repulsive?

Where do you draw the line? Slave insurrection murdering whites left and right bad, American military murdering Indians left and right good? I'm really curious because I don't get this taking sides shit. People did awful things in awful times. They DO awful things in awful times. But it feels like nobody wants to deal with it unless it fits their agenda.

Sorry, please direct me to the modern Indian slaughter glorification movies and all the critics praising them for their moral righteousness.

>white-washed reboot of Birth of a Nation

Pointless question since the film doesn't address it.

This movie is lazy slop feel good propaganda. I mean that - It doesn't want to ask tough questions like that. It wants you to say;

>Gee, white folk sure are evil monsters and I'm sure glad Black Braveheart world starred those cracker mother fuckers

It reminds me of another failed Oscar b8 release from a few years back directed by Edward "Epics R Us" Zwick called Defiance.

In the film a rag tag group of Jewish men and women retreat to the Eastern European woods under the leadership of some tough brothers who form up a brave paramilitary unit to fight the Nazis with.

It was kinda boring.

When you look at the real life story, however, it makes it apparent why the story may have attracted people in the first place - The brothers, rather than knock around lovable rogues, were extremely violent criminals. A bastion of last resort for regular Jews looking for protection. They fought the Nazis using guerrilla tactics; That meant going in to neutral villages and massacring populations who collaborated with the Nazis - These populations who were already facing massacre if they OPPOSED the Nazis.

...And it worked for the Jewish guerrillas. Which forces all sorts of interesting, challenging ideas on the audience.

But apparently millenials can't be trusted with conflicting and confusing thoughts, and thus get slop like Birf Of Da Nation instead.

What rape controversy? I haven't heard about this.

The writers, the direct and star pack raped a white girl a few years ago and she committed suicide.

Shit happens. He said he needs to "Do Better" when it comes to matters of rape.

>He said he needs to "Do Better" when it comes to matters of rape.
kek

Better how? Like rape them more efficiently? How sloppy is he doing it?

That must be why he made a movie about a rapist but without all the rape.

No way in hell this is real. If it was an extra, maybe. But the writers, director and the lead actor? Link to a real article or something, because that sounds too insane to be true.

Did Armond White shit on it yet?

The Writer, Director, Producer and Lead Actor are the same guy.

He and his Co-Writer, when they were younger, "ran a train" on a passed out white girl. They then proceeded to harass and intimidate her to drop the charges. She then committed suicide.

Don't see how that changes the fact that the film looks boring as sheeeeeeeit.

That's kinda fucked up, but I'm not surprised he's allowed in the film industry. Child rapists are so common I bet regular rapists are seen as conservatives.

Depends how many people will shit on this.

>forced rape
as opposed to a consensual rape?

Are you seriously suggesting that the American military deliberately kills children?

Its mostly discriminated killing of children.

Only after placing a very shiny scrap of copper on the side of the road.