Has there ever been a less charismatic or less interesting lead character?

Has there ever been a less charismatic or less interesting lead character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLPbw52g5bQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sup

His power combination would be pretty cool if they hadn't introduced an unlimited hard counter for his invulnerability

>character has no weakness

MARY SUE!

>character has a weakness

LAME!

fucking make up your minds.

jessica jones

I don't call characters mary sues and frankly think the notion that any character who isn't crippled and amoral must be shouted down is ridiculous, but whatever, fuck you, stop talking to amorphous masses instead of individuals, if I saw you in real life I would fucking punch you right in the face, instead I'll just make you eat some serial commas, you're an idiot, please stop posting forever, thanks

that ratwater arc was pure kino tho

thx for this post

I actually like the show overall but fuck he was/is the weakest part of it.

lol stay triggered nigger, you couldn't punch a ticket.

All memes aside, it made sense the way he was when you look at his prison story. He was a man betrayed by a person he trusted, a man who let his father down in the worst way possible. His best friend also died due to his fighting.

Also he was pretty charismatic when he banged the detective chick. Also you don't want to make the main character 'too big' to get in the way of the plot and be like one of those 16-year-old numales that makes a quip every 2 seconds.

MARCO FUCKING POLO

JESUS CHRIST WHERE DID THEY FIND THAT GUY

I'm not "triggered". Do you ONLY comprehend memespeak? Are you able to hold an actual conversation and defend the views you've expressed when criticised? Wow, it sure doesn't seem so.

I feel so sorry for you, and would punch your fucking lights out

It's a mess.
You could comfortably cut 10 minutes from each episode.
The pacing is bad, the acting is wooden, and the plot is both simplistic yet somehow hard to follow.

>Also he was pretty charismatic when he banged the detective chick.
No he wasn't. He was completely wooden and the dialogue was awful

he's not really the lead, he's just the "relatable character"

kublai is the real protagonist

I thought things really fell apart after Diamondback showed up.

I definitely agree with that. I also found it really stupid that they were keeping Diamondback's persona a total mystery for the first half of the season, and when he shows up he's just another villain. I really don't know what I expected with Diamondback, but I was ultimately disappointed by his character.

Lead character has dumb quotes and his acting is not good enough to lead a show.

Can't empathize with a guy wo says sweet Christmas and corn ball shit like that.

It's just so unnatural for anyone ever to say dumb shit like that.

Agreed. Luke Cage isn't a real black man. No self respecting black man would act this way. He's a conservative white males wet dream of what a black person should be. Boring.

This. They were telling a really powerful story that black people could relate to, then turned it to boring comic book shit for nerds.

Jessica Jones
Matt Murdock
Literally everyone on Agents of Shield

But user, that's illegal! Playing the punch-out game is the fools way!

Lots of black people are nerds though.

Isnt' black on black crime the main reason why black people are murdered? Isnt fighting that a good thing?

That's not how Mary Sue works.

Nah man, you gotta be making mad stacks but da white man be keepin you down, nigga. Shiet, Luke Cage ain't nothin but a Uncle Tom, fool be a lapdog for da white man, know what I'm sayin? You gotta stop being a buster and start representing da hood, go bust some Crips.

Or something to that effect.

Nigger detected

No, police persecution is the main cause of black on black crime. White persecution keeps blacks in the ghettos and it causes blacks to have to turn to this shit to make ends meet.

He was 100x more interesting than he was in Jessica Jones tho

Who are you talking about? Because I'm pretty sure Luke Cage isn't the main character in Luke Cage, he's only in like 20% of the scenes. The Cop Lady has more lines, the fucking nurse has more lines, the villains have more lines. Shit, I thought the show was about cottonmouth at first.

>method man's speech in episode 12

No, black on black crime is largely due to structural issues in society that keep black communities in a near state of perpetual poverty.

Black communities also have little to no respect for the law, because it's rigged against them, so why, even when you're innocent and you get stopped and frisked based on the colour of your skin, shouldn't you just do illegal shit to make coin if the cops aren't going to treat you any different if either you're innocent or guilty and you have no other paths out of poverty?

Isn't this the same for Batman?

>Literally can build a aircraft that puts the entire F-35 project to shame.
>Can build a tank that puts the Abrams to shame.
>Both projects are hundreds of billions of dollars in R&D
>Net worth must be in the trillions of dollars.
>Spends his time, instead of investing in his city to fight poverty, going around beating up poor people.

It has nothing to do with the character, they just cast a shit actor.
That and they toned him down. He was more stereotypical in the comics but at least he was entertaining, they just made him a uncle tom now.

because maybe it might be worth getting frisked a few times per year if it means you get out of the ghetto?
This kind of retarded shortsighted thinking is why blacks can't stop fucking their life up.

yes, the other two netflix marvel shows

Its hard to watch. The directors want you to think he's only thinking about doing the right thing for harlem but you really know hes thinking about how he can use his super powers to obtain more watermelon, fried chicken, and obese white women.

niggers are niggers no matter how much cash you give them

>That need to portray him as an alpha who bangs every girl in the show

Please stop

>largely due to structural issues in society that keep black communities in a near state of perpetual poverty.

You can thank the Democrats for that.

>Black communities are hilariously right wing, reactionary and conservative.
>If Republicans didn't constantly pander to the white, racist vote and instead did some basic things to help black peoples lives and shut the fuck up about blaming black people for everything, they would literally have every election with ease.

All he wanted to do was play piano. Why couldn't I save that smile?

fucxk nxdjmlpooojlgcbn

>Cottonmouth literally says he'll deal with it at the Parley
>Retard subordinate goes and kills pops anyway
>Cottonmouth tells Cage he has nothing to do with it, didn't order it and already took care of the guy that killed pops and he will pay to repair the stops

"STILL COMING AFTER YA BRAH FUCK YOU, POPS DEATH IS ON YOU!"

Daily reminder Luke Cage literally goes after Cottonmouth based on fucking nothing. Resulting in untold damage and street gang warfare to Harlem.

>Ex-cop doesn't like criminal
News at 11

have to completely disagree with op and most posts, i think his acting is very good and measured.
luke cage is seeking a peaceful path, but he is forced to fight.
he says himself "i can not be under the spotlight for too long", that's the point, not a flaw in execution.
a feature, not a bug.

Kinofags don't watch the sorta grind house cult classics this shit is based off of.
Most people on Cred Forums likely haven't even seen Enter the Dragon outside of clips on youtube.

It's Netflix, what do you expect?
Thank god I'll never ruin the comic by watching this.
>No self respecting black man would act this way.
Yeah, they all act obnoxious, because they think that's fun. Also, this is why people dislike black people. Even successful blacks hate you're idea of the typical black man.
The police fuck with everyone. I've been profiled by the police, and I'm white. You're a fucking sheep to media if you believe otherwise. This is also why people hate black people.

Now some whiny bitch will report the thread and it'll get deleted. Like every LC thread.

>character encourages positive black influence in harlem
>doesnt curse or call other blacks nigga
> "uncle tom"

pick one dumbass

jason bourne
ben affleck staring in anything

What are this guy's weaknesses anyway?

Haven't watched the show yet, but in the trailer he seems physically invulnerable with super strength

Do they have to kidnap / threaten his loved ones or something?

I wish we could've had a show about the Mongols without the "relatable character".

>everyone SHIELD
>he doesn't like fitzsimmons

I mean that basically happens to every superhero and is a vulnerability for them all

He should die from poisoning or lack of oxygen. Also he nearly died in Jessica Jones from shotgun directly to the head because it made his brain slam around in his head and caused trauma

I've watched 2 episodes, and he has used his super powers for like a total of 10 seconds across 2 hours. The rest is just back room deals and gangster happenings. Does it get better?

I was wondering why the nurse from Daredevil showed up. I'm done with Netflix capeshit.

is she in this show?

Jesse is full of charisma in the comic. He's extremely full-loving and masculine, and has a very rigid set of morals.

The character in the television show is just some whiny sociopath who enjoys shooting people's dicks off and crying about his dad.

See Cred Forums, that's the problem. You can rationnalize it the way you want but the main reason why you don't like this show is simply because you don't like black people.

God I wish Cred Forums would leave so we can talk about the objective flaws of that TV show.

>>>Literally can build a aircraft that puts the entire F-35 project to shame.
>>Can build a tank that puts the Abrams to shame.

that's what happens when you are smart with your money instead of funding a bloated military complex industry

He's only mildly bullet proof. They have specialty bullets in the show that can penetrate him.

Method man is in this? Does he have a big role? Had zero desire to watch this until hearing that

yes. I like him and the show
What is the point of being invulnerable if anyone can have bullets to kill you

youtube.com/watch?v=OLPbw52g5bQ

you're supposed to be gay or a white woman and worship the black body

>it's fine to be a gangster and kill people whenever you feel like it

LOL

we wuz prisoners n shit. The backstories were so shitty. All these people needed to do was not commit crimes and get a fuckin job.

its a typical nigger response. since in their mind blackness= geto culture, anytime they see an upstanding black man who can think and act rationally they call him an uncle tom to justify their own failure

at first I thought Cottonmouth was called Cottonmouth because he gave good blowjobs in prions. I was confused why some characters said it with pride. it made sense when we got to snakes, I still don't get whos romeo

it was kind of funny how he, pops, his own dad, etc all had at least 2 women in their life, at the same time and most of their problems came from that

How would him beating cops have stopped injustices against black men? also not much injustice going on around here since we see most everyone at least somehow connected to crime and cops only losing their shit when one of them is dead.
batman is rich so he does both

What is tahirah even saying? cottonmouth was a good guy?

The point was more that Cottonmouth's whole regime was the reason Pop died, not Cottonmouth himself. Luke just wanted to bring down his crime syndicate and clean up the streets like Pop wanted.

Your wife/gf wants to fuck Luke
Even if she says she doesn't
Just like how you lie and don't say you wanna fuck x and y

Luke literally said he didn't want harlem, he just wanted to be left alone.

He is the real dark knight.

when the black robocop reboot comes out he will get the role

>is invulnerable
>except for all the bullets that can kill him
>has to be dipped in boiling acid each time he is shot

no