Which is the best Mad Max movie and why is it the original?

Which is the best Mad Max movie and why is it the original?

Because it wasn't Americanized.

I liked how the world wasn't as decrepit as the sequels, still had diners and working radios.

Mad Max is underrated but Road Warrior is still the best

True. I was pretty heartbroken when Miller said that the style of Fury Road was what he originally envisioned for the first three, though.

Definitely agree. I personally find the idea of an actively crumbling society much more engaging than the more outrageous aspects of the sequels.

Road Warrior is also pretty excellent.

This. Mad Max was really good for a director's first film and with a nothing budget, but Road Warrior took everything that was great about it, refined it and added just the right amount of fantasy, but kept the grittiness and brutality of the first film.

I also love the subtle world building seen in Road Warrior, like these guys, who are obviously former cops like Max, even though it's never referenced or talked about in the film.

Based Bubba

Mandatory preamble post

2 = 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

Definitive.

Pretty based desu

Almost
2 > 4 > 1 >>>>>>>>

I went to silverton where mad max 2 was filmed, they had one of the old scripts from filming on a podium you could read. There was literally only a dozen lines of dialogue from max in the whole thing.

know where i could get this as a pdf or something? really fucking neat stuff

Sadly I don't, I could only find these on the wiki

Really makes me want to see something set inbetween MM and RW, as serious shit goes down to go from outlaw bikers to quasi-medieval hordes of marauders

1: Fury Road
2: Road Warrior
99999: Thunderdome
Infinity: Mad Max

You're literally a contrarian if you disagree. Unless the copy of the original I watched was some home edited fucking shitshow fanfic, the audio quality, acting. and pacing are fucking atrocious.

>Fury Road
>Better than Road Warrior

I am gravely dissappointed

Really they're about the same to me, but since Fury Road is newer I'm inclined to like it just a tad bit more.

Man a mad max movie set in Brisbane or one the lesser citys could be neat, doing fucking drifts and shit down king george street with people held up in the city library.

Just foe the sake of something a little different, would have to be set in a world similar to mad max 1 or 2 though.

It is so obviously 2 > 1 > 4 > 3
You guys are idiots thinking Mad Max is better than Road Warrior, but even stupider if you think Fury Road is better than Mad Max come on

I'm not sure about setting a Mad Max film in a city really, maybe a small abandoned village occupied by bandits could work though. Miller's not much a fan of elaborating on the larger details, but he does a great job of subtly explaining characters and the world through smaller things, like costumes and props.