Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7SWFgSf7o
lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Genesis_of_Lost
youtube.com/watch?v=IV-D5SvQnF0
masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/page-4/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, that would be Twin Peaks

yes of course
If it maintained season's 1 quality throughout, maybe.

No.

yes, closely followed by the wire

The Wire is reddit tier garbage

Yes

>Twin Peaks
you have to be 18 to post here

Why would he want to kill based Paulie? Just because he told john about the joke? Besides, Tony wasn't even sure it was him.

This, The wire is vastly overrated but praised by pseudo-patricians because of muh realism.

The Sopranos is the very best.

Because he was talking too much and yeah, he did know. And besides, Paulie was ready to jump ship for New York at any time.

Yes, followed closely by Six Feet Under.

Yes alongside Mad Men

Anons, what's your favorite episode?

Sopranos is the best most consistently.

no that's merlin

Cold cuts. This scene is pure kino.

Probably. BoB is better but it's a mini-series. at times Mad Men was better but not as a whole.

Forgot the link
youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7SWFgSf7o

Paulie had annoying habits that always got on tony's nerves

Long Term Parking

Literally objectively yes

I think it's the best crime show ever made. In my opinion six feet under and lost are better made shows, and I can think of scores of tv shows that are more entertaining.

Also Tony should have killed Paulie in that scene.

Also where can I get capacola in Australia? Keen to try out some gabagool irl

Watched the whole thing over the summer after being told how great it was and I honestly can't see how it gets so much praise. It gets a 7/10 from me

>In my opinion six feet under and lost are better made shows

Your opinion is literal shit, please refrain from posting here any longer, you fucking tasteless cunt.

Reminder not to reply to the faggot Anne Erin

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me

It was a garbage show with cool moments. No idea why Cred Forums loves it.

>every main character has plot armour until the writers decide they don't
>best TV show

Yeah nah m8

SACRE BLU, WHERE IS ME MAMA

Lost? Hahaha

Yeah, Lost, what's funny about that?

>implying anyone under 18 could ever fully appreciate the subtleties of Twin Peaks

gotta be 18 lil hoes

Lost is garbage made for children

Sopranos is a show about people. It depicts some of the most detailed psych profiles of any fictional character. If all you see is a show about mobsters then you will never understand why it is the discussion for GOAT.

Lost has the most absorbing mythology ever made for event television, it supports so many interesting and creative readings of the story. They're available at length at various places online, I won't go into them here, but unfolding it for yourself is an unparalleled experience in storytelling.

As well, Lost is on another level in terms of original soundtrack and pathos, it's the only show or movie that can make me cry multiple times, and it does it effectively even on my 10th or 20th rewatch, and at times for reasons other than sadness. That emotion when Sun and Jin are reunited partways through season 2, or whenever the first few piano keys of Life & Death sound off in the background. A1.

As well as depth of storytelling and character building, it's also entertaining as hell. The adventure feels like adventure, the discovery elements feel like discovery because you learn about the Island at pace with the protagonists. The only reason it's not taken seriously as television kino is because so many people went into it with asymmetrical expectations, they wanted one thing (to have Joop sit in front of a camera and go through a list of "unanswered" questions viewers had, essential spoonfeeding them the narrative) and got another thing altogether. The quality didn't necessarily dip, although some of the screenwriting got noticeably sloppier in the second half of season 5/first half of season 6, all that happened was that viewers became more and more actuely aware of how close to the end of the show the writers were getting without explicitly addressing the questions of Walt or the Hurley Bird or the Numbers.

That meant they were disappointed by the finale.

That meant they didn't like the finale.

And that means nobody is allowed to call it what it is these days without being ridiculed: one of the greatest shows ever made, and possibly the very best.

Watch it again, man

man, that ann erin trip is sure a fucking faggot.

Maybe if you keep talking about me I'll go away

>20th rewatch
What in the actual Christ is wrong with you? You fucking mongoloid.

I watched it an awful lot while it was airing, and since it finished I've watched it through about once a year.

>Reminder not to reply to the faggot Anne Erin

Season 2 is some good tv.

then season 4 hits and it's nigglettes and everybody afraid of some nigger with Autism whose' only defining trait outside of said autism is plot armor.

that ending song is goat

It is, quite easily. I watched it 6 times already, including in real time. TFW!

In Camelot.

>LOST

I mean it's a fun show, I'm rewatching it now, but come on mate.

>he's so obsessed that he camps on a thread for nearly three hours just to talk about me

Definitely the best show.
Honorary mentions:
The wire
Twin Peaks
Six Feet Under
Deadwood
Homicide
Oz ( to much shock value, not as rewatchable)

SOPRANOS -3 good seasons 3 shit seasons

lost- 1 good season 5 shit seasons.

the wire - hammy first episode , so dropped

game of plebs - dropped because it looks like super plebby shit.

I'm Alan Partridge - 2 great season's

>lost- 1 good season 5 shit seasons.
WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO
PLEB DETECTED PLEB DETECTED PLEB DETECTED
WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO WEE OOO

It's way up there. Top five for sure.

>SOPRANOS
>3 shit seasons

Sons of Anarchy is better than this pile of garbage.

>ITS A CARMELA AND FUURIO EPISODE.

>it's a two of the best characters episode

What a fucking idiot

>ITS A MAKING THIS SHIT UP AS WE GO ALONG EPISODE.

Someone post the webms

I think this is the most overlooked part of the show by far. In the fourth season Paulie is a straight up snitch for New York and multiple times discusses the potential for "changes in leadership" with Johnny Sac.

Paulie ends up being a terrible soldier.

WHY ?

>Damon Lindelof: After the meeting, I went home, I was totally jazzed. I started writing some ideas down, I started sending J.J. emails, then the next day he was like, "Why don't you come by, again, and we'll start figuring out if we can make this into a pilot."
>Bryan Burk: So we started talking about what the show was, and who these people were, and where they had landed, and what that thing was on the island. And the big picture of where we're going and at the end of an initial conversation, of like twenty or thirty minutes, we had discussed where the show goes for, I believe for the first five or six years. Like, we understood the big picture. And it was then that we realized, we know what this show is.
>Damon Lindelof: ABC, meanwhile, was saying, "You need to be rolling film in like four or five weeks." We're like, "Well, we'd just met, like..." They said, "By the end of the week, see if you can come up with an outline for a new pilot." So, over the course of the next two or three days, I worked with Jesse Alexander and Jeff Pinkner..."
>Jesse Alexander: Certainly, we always knew that a lot of drama would come from the interaction of the characters, but we really felt there needed to be that outside pressure that raised the stakes for everything. And the opportunity to tell a compelling mystery in a way that we had touched on in Alias, with building a mythology, and a serialized mystery, and we wanted to add those elements to Lost.
>Jeff Pinkner: The exploration of this place was a mystery and adventure to itself. In that the island in itself, could be in a way, be a dramatic version of a video game. You could find the hatch, but it could take you several weeks before you had the proper tools to be able to open the hatch. [Trebuchet scene shown]
>Damon Lindelof: I wrote a 23 page outline on Thursday. J.J. and I got together, worked on it a little bit more, and then on Friday, we gave it to ABC.
lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Genesis_of_Lost

because his IQ is literally over 180 and he'll talk you into looking like a retard

>ITS A SHOE HORN IN A GUEST STAR EPISODE.

>It's an user has no fucking idea what he's talking about episode
Like how dare they not have six years worth of screenplays already prepared by day nought. If you followed the official podcast, they hinted at time travel in season 2, and zombie sayid too.
This.
Hi btw

Paulie is one of the worst human beings ever.

And Tony takes him onto that fucking boat, and if Paulie even flinched for a second, a single stutter he would have killed him. But he didn't, and he lived.

Long time no see. Change back to your original trip, it was better than Anne Erin.

>WHY ?
Anne Erin is the worst trip fag on Cred Forums who shits up every thread he posts in.

That era of W1MmioNU0A died with the oval, it's all about the Anne Erin now. I feel like I'm moving into a new phase of tripkino though. How's the dog walking business?

He doesn't live though pal. When the cat approaches him in the finale? The cat is the karmic resurrection of Adrianna's spirit - if you're not familiar with the concept check out how many times she dresses in a similar colour tone to the cat. The cat is obsessed with the picture of Chrissy as well.

Paulie is given the Aprille crew - run by Vito and Ralph, both dead. It's cursed and Paulie is deader than dog meat.

>tripfags shitting up the thread
cya guys

One of the only decent episodes in later seasons.

paulie should be swimming with pussy!

tony is an incompetent cunt for not ending him.

You guys are fucking retards. Paulie was a survivor.

>He doesn't live though pal

He survived the boat trip, of course Paulie fucking dies at some point.

>if you're not familiar with the concept check out how many times she dresses in a similar colour tone to the cat

Yeah no shit you fucking faggot

Fair enough - can't live in the past. It's all about dog breeding, and it's going very well - are you still in the city? I left about 12 months ago, rural now.

Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way back to Cred Forums

Wow rude much? I can't even

I know he's a survivor, that's what I fuckin said you queer

Don't talk down to people and they'll respect you a lot more
>if you're not familiar with the concept

jesus fuckin christ

yes

Where?

BAYWATCH

Thread ova.

That makes sense for breeding. I live near Clayton for uni, so suburbs.
We (/austv/) tried to arrange a second meet up to go to the movies last year, but it failed abysmally. I think Cred Forums ausfags are doomed to never meet. Probably for the best.

>if Paulie [...] flinched for a second
>he would have killed him
>But he didn't, [...] he lived

ergo Paulie is a survivor, where the fuck did I imply that he wasn't

Reminder not to reply to the faggots Anne Erin and Kagney.

you're one dumb bitch

It's not exactly a mainstream belief pal, it's pretty outlandish. No need to be an asshole just because you're on the internet. I'll push your fucking shit in if I ever see you in life.

see

Groovy what are you doing at uni? I can't see much good ever coming up out of a meetup tbqh, especially with the international heat this place receives nowadays.

>When the cat approaches him in the finale?
>The cat is the karmic resurrection of Adrianna's spirit
>The cat is obsessed with the picture of Chrissy as well

So Adrianna (in cat form) approaches Paulie. That means Paulie is going to die?

WOW you are wrong

We're having a private conversation you retard why would people reply to us at all? I have fags like you noosed every single day watch your step.

Arts/Law. Finished my arts degree, almost finished with my law degree.

I can't describe the disgust I just felt when I realised I grew up near the faggot anne erin

Why do you post? Everyone just calls you a fucking moron. How desperate are you irl?

youtube.com/watch?v=IV-D5SvQnF0

best scene

he jerks off every time someone responds to him

Alright faggots. I'm gonna go pick up my sister from work and maybe go out for a kebab afterwards. Catch
You grew up on balcombe road? Where did you go to primary school?

>masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/page-4/

You should find an interesting answer or two in here senpai

>I'm gonna go
>You grew up on balcombe road? Where did you go to primary school?

lmao

I've read it, you seem to have missed the point of The Sopranos if you think that Paulie is doomed because of cats and the crew he runs

You realise my brother in law is a moderator here on Cred Forums right? If you ever accuse me of not understanding The Sopranos again I'll have you taken out. You're nothing to a shark like me.

see

Reminder not to reply to the faggot Kagney

Not quite.

Best show ever made is right here.

This is good advice. I called him a faggot once, years ago in a Breaking Bad thread.

Two weeks later I came into work to find out my job had been outsourced to southern India. It's not worth trash talking him here.

You tell me.

...you're dumb

OH FUCK IT´S THAT ZIP

literally genre fiction

>Reminder not to reply to the faggot Anne Erin

If you combine the two episodes Join The Club and Mayham they are probably the best. Favorite individual episode has to be either Made In America, Kennedy and Hiedi or Funhouse.

Which genre? Drama? Adventure? Sci Fi? Supernatural? Mystery? Thriller? Romance? Seems like all of those elements were present in most episodes.
Shit, the Sopranos is genre fiction, it's a crime show. Face it, there is virtually no legit criticism of lost you can make.

>Favorite individual episode has to be either Made In America, Kennedy and Hiedi or Funhouse

My cracka. Surrealism combined with mobkino? Chase was the absolute madman.

No. It's pretty overrated.

season 1 and 2 are brilliant

season 3 is fun with ralphie.

are pleb tier filler trash.

Only the ade fbi chris story line that is remotely interesting.

Drags on with so many pointless characters.

Lets not even mention the ending.

yes

I just started this show last night. It's pretty fucking excellent so far. On like episode 4. By the way, Tony's nephew or whoever that is, and his retarded friend are going to die by becoming too ambitious and making a power grab move that someone, whether it be Uncle Junior or even Tony himself, finds to be a betrayal and will off the kid.

Screen cap this.

brendon becomes a made guy and ends up becoming Top boss of waste management industries.

AH good times user season 1 and2 are top tier,

ending of season 2 is especially goat.

spoiler alert vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

vvvvvvvvv
still cant believe brendon popped Silvio.

uncle jun
mummy soprano
artie
bobby
ralphie
best characters

yes.

lost is so damn bad, cliche characters and dialoges, not well thought story, just season for season.
i hate this shit show and how normies think it is an intelligent mistery show.

are you the new SupaHotFire

>comparing an old sitcom from the 30s to a modern drama which ushered in the Golden Age
>comparing sitcoms to dramas

what a massive faggot you are

Sopranos and the Wire are the undisputed top 2. Whichever you think is better obviously comes down to personal preference, but both shows are as close to the absolute peak as we'll probably ever get.

>Lost. it supports so many interesting and creative readings of the story.

No, because the people who wrote it had no fucking clue what they are doing, all this mystical shit is just thrown there without any background because they just wanted to put strange things into the show so people think there would be a good story behind it.

>character building

clichee characters that are fucking annoying and bland.
god damn please let this post be a bait, no one can be this fucking stupid.

Hard to say

Test Dream
Whitecaps
From Where to Eternity
Mergers and Acquisitions
Whoever Did This

In no particular order. That whole closing arc of Season 4 is fucking elder god tier. From "Watching too Much Television" thru to "Whitecaps" Pure kino

>SFU and Lost
>better made shows

you must be either a faggot or a woman

just like this guy

Whitecaps

it's he perfect blend of serious mafia stuff,comerdy and home life

>thinks LOST is the best show ever
>rewatches it 20 times
>confuses "literally making shit up as we go" with absorbing mythology
>standard cable schlock makes him cry multiple times

yeah you're a woman alright. LOST is low brow garbage

This is what you should have done with Sopranos, but your a dumb fuckin woman so go figure

I'm halfway through season 5, so this list will no doubt change. At the top for me so far are Funhouse, From Where to Eternity, University, and Whitecaps.

I also find myself loving the weirder one-offs that seem to catch shit, like Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood, D-Girl, Christopher.

fwiw I've seen every other show that's been tossed out as best in this thread and I like all of them, and anyone who says lost, the wire, and sfu are shit is a contrarian faggot. That said, I'm not even to the peak of Sopranos greatness yet and I think it's the best show ever put to tv.

>I'm Alan Partridge - 2 great season's

This FOP gets it