Ok so the sabotage scene in Star Trek Beyond was pretty badass

Ok so the sabotage scene in Star Trek Beyond was pretty badass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vO3LCtyty5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also I like how Pegg wrote himself a cool alien girlfriend

This.
And yes the movie was pretty neat as a whole

Better than the steaming turd that was the second one.

The only thing that was shit about this movie was the new uniforms.

>The only thing that was shit about this movie was the new uniforms.

fight scenes were eh. also are these aliens fucking retarded?

true... but I aint watching star trek for the hand to hand combat. Its all about the sweet sweet starship action

The entire fucking movie was badass. Jj Abrams should kill himself for getting stood up by a chink

no it wasnt it was stupid

It looks cool ya but it was fucking retarded. How did playing music make them explode? It was only interfering with their communication, at worst they should've been crashing in to each other, not spontaneously combustimg

They look like a cross between the early STO uniforms and Enterprise uniforms.

They were from the Enterprise series era.

The VFX team didn't have time to make the ships crash into each other. So instead they just explode randomly. Oh well.

This is where JJTrek jumped the Shark.

The aesthetics for a large part are just off.

>The Blue and White scheme for the ships is boring and generic. Doesn't look Star Trek where ships are supposed to have a real world Navy/Ship/Submarine feel.

>The new uniforms look like they could belong to any Sci-Fi genre and are not really Star Trek enough.

>The Ship design of the Drones and Narada were both generic as fuck and again, don't look like they belong in Star Trek at all.

>Krall's men look like they were literally copied 1:1 from a generic Sci-fi video game.

Yorktown was fucking cool though. Very utopian.

It's not only a problem with the new JJ films, Star Trek Online suffers largely from the same problem.

>New original ships look like generic star ships from any other sci-fi franchise and don't adhere to Roddenberry's Ship design manual. (pic related)

>Uniforms all look "Super edgy sci-fi" and are all leather and and armored and shit, again not really fitting in with the aesthetic of Trek

>Wacky glowing shit and hologram screens and shit flying all over the place, again, not like anything that belongs in Trek.

Honestly I don't get what the fuck is the problem with modern sci-fi designers these days, it's not only a problem with Trek, pretty much all Sci-fi/Super Hero etc films these days just have these super fucking generic, overdesigned "Sci-fi" designs that look like they were pulled from Halo or some other Video game. Not only Sci-fi as well, the Kaiju in Pacific Rim were all generic, the Muto's in Godzilla looked pretty much the same as Cloverfield and the Super 8 Alien etc etc.

I thought it was ____fun

>You will never bully Jaylah's lack of knowledge about human culture
>She will never beat you to a pulp once she has had enough of your shit

>Yorktown was fucking cool though. Very utopian.
that was the worst part.
Pic related is what a starbase should look like. The shit in the movie was some deathstar bullshit

>he shit in the movie was some deathstar bullshit

You mean hamsterball.

This is the bad guy superweapon of Episode VIII.

>not the Suncrusher

Absolutely 100% not your dumb EU shit. Disney hates all of that.

>Absolutely 100% not your dumb EU shit. Disney hates all of that.

is that why Grand Admiral Thrawn is in Rebels?

Cast was good, as always. Effects were very good and I thought design and effects were both great.

Jaylah felt like half her story was missing, really just felt unresolved. I think a large chunk of it was left out in editing. Story overall was bad and felt clunky. Stringer Bell's motivations didn't make sense. Most of story didn't make sense. Music felt out of place. Fat Admiral Porkins was stupid. Gay Sulu felt forced rather than natural. Spock gets in shit for wanting to mate with Vulcans and create more Vulcan babies even though there are only like 30 Vulcans left in the entire universe and making more would be number one priority but he gets a guilt trip for not racemixing with his black girlfriend instead of perpetuating his dying race... hay that sounds like a subtext there.

Overall, 3/10. Worst new trek so far, worse than Into Darkness.

Sorry, I don't watch Cred Forumsshit.

>Sorry, I don't watch Cred Forumsshit.

So you were wrong, ok.

When the Sun Crusher isn't in Episode VIII, I'm going to seek you out and demand an apology.

>Narada were both generic as fuck
I disagree there, the more organic re imagining of borg tech is good.

I agree on most other points though.

>the Narada is half-Borg
>the Narada is self-aware and friends with V'ger
>Khan got skin surgery
Take your comics and fuck off.

I'm talking about the art style, not the autistic lore they put behind it.

>Halo
Maybe nuHalo. Halo had its own respectable simple style too before kikes kiked

2nd movie was damn fine, the fuck are you talking about

I especially like the part where they found a cheap, easy cure for death.

Come on, he's clearly gay for his little alien friend he's had since the first film.

>you will never fuck in-character Jaylah on the official movie set

Why even live?

Not him, but if they actually put the Sun Crusher into VIII, it would be absolutely hilarious.

Just imagine Leia's fucking reaction.

>Mount impossible mission against Galactic Empire that has built a super weapon capable of destroying planets
>Endure horrible torture, not giving up the Rebels, so that the Empire can be stopped
>Watch own planet be destroyed
>Against all odds, escape and destroy Death Star
>Empire gets to work on a second one
>Mount another mission, lose a lot of good people and friends to the second one, but finally put a stop to it
>Think you won
>3 decades later your fuckboy son comes rolling in with the bad boys, sporting a bigger Death Star
>Lose a lot of good people again and half the command structure of the Republic you've built
>Against all odds again, destroy it
>Okay, now it is done. It's finished. You've done it. All you've got to do now is find fucking Snoke, make him choke on his shit, spank your son's ass until his lightsaber looks washed out in comparison
>Get pumped. You can do this. You've got Luke back. You've got some new chosen one. You've even go the Millenium Falcon

>Suddenly Sun Crusher

They skipped a movie between Death Stars, so they're saving the Sun Crusher for Episode IX.

bitch cant even hold a knife right, this is walking dead tier

>Ok so the sabo

The only thing that separates this movie from your regular syfy channel movie is the budget.

>realism
>in a sci-fi movie

heeeehehehe

pleb

That's how she really looks like.
I'm kind of disappointed.

Yeah that was a good response to the flak JJ got for randomly putting the Beastie Boys in 2009. They could have backed down but instead they just put MORE Beastie Boys in there but made it relevant to the story this time.

my girlfriend and I were both cringing at how corny this scene was

sci-fi means science-fiction, so it is all based on the most current advanced technology and what is plausibly achievable in the future.

you're thinking of science-fantasy, movies like star wars, where the science isn't meant to make any sense ("parsecs are a measure of distance, not of time") and it is all based on magic, e.g. the force, faster-than-light travel and so on.

You're talking about the survival uniforms right? Because the updates to the regular uniforms looked great, more classic and away from the sports jersey look of 09.

>my girlfriend and I
*Me and my girlfriend.

fucking retarded normalfag

That was badass! Surfing in space on a huge wave of small fighter ships you blow up with oldschool tune via oldschool info delivery method - radiowaves.

I got goosebumps.

what is this opposite day? that scene was embarrassing as shit, it when the movie officially jumped the shark and on the same level as pic related except they were trying to be funny unlike star trek

>shits on capeshit and "nerd culture"
>makes this movie

Is there a bigger hypocrite than Pegg?

I think they explode because of the crashes, it's a very packed flock and you can't see those crashes in detail.

Thrawn is literally the only well known and liked EU character.

>Shits on Star Trek Beyond
>Liked Family Guy

>sci-fi means science-fiction
>fiction

well there you go

youtu.be/vO3LCtyty5M

This was Pegg's original song choice

In all user's opinions

What age group do you think they made this movie for?

While I thought the third trek film looked nice, the plot was not very engaging as an adult.

and the dialogue was far too "safe" and for "everyone"

Scotty is shit by the way.
spock is shit
kirk and the doc kinda gel well.
bad guy sucked.

>and the dialogue was far too "safe" and for "everyone"
As opposed to the super edgy adults only dialogue star trek is known for?

i didnt say i like it i said it reminded me of that scene in how ridiculous and misplaced it was

>I'm the ultimate authority on what a theoretical structure should look like

Kys.