What are some telltale signs its a non golden era/zombie Simpsons episode?

What are some telltale signs its a non golden era/zombie Simpsons episode?

ill start
>Homer gets unnecessarily hurt

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watchv=ZUA2V9o_UDk
youtube.com/watch?v=zHXPfQZk6g4
youtu.be/ZUA2V9o_UDk
youtube.com/watch?v=w--VcX3n_7w
youtube.com/watch?v=LGQdfMkuJSI
youtube.com/watch?v=ointmkCGOKk
youtube.com/watch?v=E8gDvbsYd0Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's an episode made past season-7

Didn't they already do a "Homer does weed" episode? And what's up with Bart's hair?

What are the golden era episodes? I ve never watched Simpsons

Maggie being nothing like a baby. Like firing guns.

Townspeople appear for no reason

this

Everything from the seasons 2-6

>I'd like to hear from sideshow Mel!

The Simpsons are mustard yellow instead of slightly green tinted. The episode is not in 4:3. The opening theme is different. So many ways really, if you can't tell in the first 5 seconds you may be retarded.

Family Guy style "characters in center of the frame facing one way while only their mouths move" animation

The timing is just way off, in the golden era I ouldn't tell when I was going to expect something without a joke in it and the laughter that came from this was always genuine.

Now it follows a more traditional pacing, I can instantly recoginise when a joke is being set up.

Jokes feel shoehorned in

Like half of the jokes aren't in context, literally ANYTHING can happen at any time for the sake of a joke

>Wiggum gets high off pot
>starts acting like he's on some hallucinogenics and stimulants
Huh.

They do this is the one where Homer becomes a hippy aswell.

There is nothing wrong with season 1
REEEEEEEE

>Character uses an iphone or ipad

homer shouts 'OOOWWWOOOOWWWW' for 5-10 seconds
moes allusions to committing suicide are a gag
there are 7 fat tony/sideshow bob episodes per season cause Joe Mantegna and Kelsey Grammer's respective careers were on a bit of a lul
smithers makes frequent overt references to his his increasingly debauched homosexual acts

>Everyone saying seasons 2-7 are the only golden era episodes

I think the show is great up to before the 300th ep and good up to maybe the rapture episode.

People only have a problem with S1 because they think the animation sucked. S1 animation is way better than any of the new stuff

I think a lot of people hated it because the overall animation and some scenes were nightmare fuel for kids. It also got pretty dreary too, but it has some great lines

>You can march 'em off a cliff, you can send them to die on some forsaken mission but for some reason, you can't hit them.

Kill yourself
You have no brain no taste

When did they start using stiff assets for animation instead of drawing things by hand?

and a funny face

Bart is stupid/has a medical problem

as opposed to just being lazy and underachieving

S1 was considerably less "jokey" than the following seasons.

Oddly enough cartoons today are becoming more like season 1 Simpsons with the increased focus on emotional moments.

>I take my cartoons very seriously

Kek, don't burst an artery over it.

Any episode that NoHomers.net or Dead Homer Society says is okay to hate.

Objectively the first 8 seasons are Golden Era, everything after that has a noticeable decline.

Seasons 9 and 10 are of worse quality but tolerable. Graphically there's a step between 9 and the seasons that came before. This is known as the Groening Shelf.

Seasons 11 - 14 are awful, but some episodes break the mold and shot that core is still there.

Seasons 15 - 17, you're well within the trenches now. No episodes stand out, the shows formulaic DNA is exposed if it wasn't already and the monotony is palpable.

Seasons 18 - ???, this is the abyss, where no man dare go.

>Homer gets unnecessarily hurt
But that episode where he skates into the canyon is great.

they did a Boyhood parody episode. it's actually pretty good imo despite it being made pretty recently.

Can I have a link to where you screencaped that image? I know it's a website that shows ratings for every episode of a tv show but I forgot what the website is...

>The episode is not in 4:3.
They didn't go to widescreen until Season 20
youtube.com/watchv=ZUA2V9o_UDk
youtube.com/watch?v=zHXPfQZk6g4

graphtv.kevinformatics.com

*youtu.be/ZUA2V9o_UDk

They reference dead Krababpel

Principal Skinner is a crumbling mess

>no more Skinner Vietnam jokes
>no Bart crank calls or very small chance of one

>"Bart gets a F" is not golden era

Yeah, no.

only a pleb wouldn't include season 1, kill yourself

Marge hates on Homer despite him being in the right.

You can think of a better punchline to the joke than what they actually go with.

It tries to push a liberal agenda to the forefront at the cost of everything else.

Marge was a judgmental cunt who overreacted to the dumbest things as early as season 1. See the episode Homer's Night Out

Shit nigga this simpsons was never meant to be post internet

That was always a thing though

You can immediately tell by the animation quality and style

I think it was season 8 or 9 it changed

>Bart suddenly loves art
>Bart suddenly loves BMXing, not skateboarding
>Bart suddenly visits Abe every week
No, it's shit.

Bart has always been intelligent, but very nonacademic

What the fuck. Please tell me that's a Treehouse of Horror episode

no it wasn't

I never detected any kind of annoying liberal agenda until season 7 at the earliest

The celebrity cameo feels forced as fuck and goes on for way too long.
The characters have iphones.
Modern music is featured, and is always like the celebrity cameos.
Bart has a love interest, who is most likely older than him and voiced by a celebrity.
Pop culture references, so fucking many.
All of the characters have been flanderised.

I wouldn't say he was intelligent, but in the early episodes he was quick witted and clever. Later he was turned into a retarded loser.

I agree with all of these except this one:
>Bart has a love interest, who is most likely older than him and voiced by a celebrity.
They started doing this in the golden era

>ill start
>>Homer gets unnecessarily hurt
So every single episode including the Ullmann shorts?

Bart gets an F has to be the single most overrated piece of television

>it's shit

"It's not funny"

If you think it's more complicated, then you are autistic, and was raised by television instead of family and friends

Don't know the exact point, but I feel like it was around the first movie. God the animation used to be so lush and interesting...

The dialogue is really poor and stilted and more of a delivery vehicle for punchlines than actually feeling like characters talking/

Kind of hard to explain without an example, but watch a new one, the characters spell everything out verbatim. Like the episode will end with Bart saying something like "Now that I've learned (insert hackneyed moral here) I'll treat you better Homer!" or something like that.
Has anyone else noticed this?

No, he's right. Bart just wasn't traditionally smart. He was a good race car driver, mini golfer, barman, learned French through assimilation, and earned all of the Scouts badges if I recall correctly. He can learn quite a few skills, just not through traditional classroom education.

digital ink & paint

easily the quickest way to determine is to just look at the animation, if it's obviously been done on a computer and not by hand you know it's Zombie Simpsons

Don't you ever, EVER talk that way about television.

most of the golden era Marge episodes weren't that funny desu

The animation is more jank than early South Park.

Nope, Sky Police - season 26 episode 16

Last exit to springfield was a Marge episode and possibly the best episode of the show

>homer shouts 'OOOWWWOOOOWWWW' for 5-10 seconds
Fucking this. Why did they get rid of "d'oh" for this shit is beyond me

but then you have episodes like Marge Gets a Job, Marge in Chains, Marge on the Lam, and that episode where she becomes a cop, all of them forgettable tripe

She's the only main character that you never knew if her episodes were going to be good or not, everyone else was consistent including Lisa

>The episode title is "Lisa the ______"

1-8 are golden
9-10 are ok
11-12 are bad
13 is awful
the rest aren't even the same show, kill it with fire

apparently the animation had to be redone for the first few episodes because it was nightmare inducing. they still left a few scenes that weren't too bad in the babysitter bandit episode

youtube.com/watch?v=w--VcX3n_7w
TELL ME IT ISNT REAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

any episode with a sub plot that acts like filler for the episode

>Barney realizes how much of a pathetic drunk he is after watching his birthday party video...Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa work together to take a memorable photo...

>w does x; while y does z

and dreams one

This legitimately feels like the opening to a Family Guy episode.

Any episode were all the voice actors just phone in their lines

Early Lisa episode were GOAT you pleb

objectively correct

Simpsons was never good.

>the babysitter bandit episode
fucking love that one

Probably because you were too dumb to tell it

Glad you didn't include the 300th episode.

That's the one where Marge literally, and I use literally in it's truest sense, literally rapes, yes RAPES, Homer.

LOL RAPE LMAO XD

Or maybe you're just a faggot who reads too much into things

>he doesn't like Lisa the iconoclast

Lmao'ing @ reddit

Wiggum was speaking and acting just like Peter.

>That's the one where Marge literally, and I use literally in it's truest sense, literally rapes, yes RAPES, Homer.
explain

Unnecessary long couch gag, they started doing it with the Circus one for shorter episodes but now they do it a lot more with addition of stupid shit like link related on the end since they can't be botherd with 22 minutes long stories youtube.com/watch?v=LGQdfMkuJSI

>Bart suddenly likes hip-hop
>a 50 year old white woman pretending to be a ten year old boy is rapping.

>This nigger doesn't like marge on the lam.
Kys pham

Imo an easy cut off point is pre/post movie. The majority of pre movie was good, while everything after was bad. Simple as that

She gets roided up and literally drags him to bed kicking and screaming, then the next scene is the morning after and Homer looks disheveled and is obviously afraid of her

>Chief Wiggum sounds like Moe half the time.
>Even the voice actors have given up at this point.

not to mention:
>Bart episode
>let's make it about Lisa
It's shit and whoever thinks this episode is good is just parroting the internet.

Older episodes felt conservative. Like how Homer got a gun and it was a good thing.

Same with Lisa episodes.

So it's basically Family Guy now?

>Homer falls down the gorge
>Twice
>Season 2
Cred Forumstard?

>Homer got a gun and it was a good thing

Wait, I don't remember that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ointmkCGOKk

>homer and marge have bedroom problems
>same sex kissing
hahahaHAHAH so funny and fresh, and good topics for a cartoon

Family guy didn't always do that either

posting evocative stills

>10 seasons since dropping the show
time sure fly by

Pure kino.

>"lel gore and blood"
they're not even doing jokes anymore

but who was flying the helicopter ?

>I am familiar with the works of Pablo Neruda.

this

>muh emotional episode

>and that episode where she becomes a cop

That one's great though

>Marge Gets a Job
>Marge in Chains
>Marge on the Lam
>The Springfield Connection
>forgettable tripe

Speak for yourself. All of those are great and memorable.

I wonder when they'll decide "fuck it" and make an entire episode long couch gag.

So what's with this? It's a puzzle to me

It was mesh, not an incongruous wood/metal combo.

No way, sauce?

Nazis r bad: The movie

They include as many references as possible to classic simpsons and believe it passes for comedy

Look at this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=E8gDvbsYd0Q

The hispanic dub conveniently changed most voice actors on season 8, so you can instantly tell if it's a shit episode..

>It's a celebrity guest star voices themselves episode

static layouts without any real visual storytelling significance

Not really. They aren't bad, but they aren't nearly as funny or clever as other episodes. Only thing below them in the golden era would be the clipshows.

Nah, Lisa episodes are great until they started making her out to be a self-righteous bitch in seasons 7-8

CG shading is the #1 indicator.

>not liking the emotional episodes
>only wanting zany shit with laughs every 10 seconds
faggots like you are the reason Family Guy is popular

>pretending to hate the simpsons

>Large marge
would never fly today

couch gag lasts longer than 2 seconds

Celebrities making guest appearances as themselves and not as voice actors of some original new character.

Digitally colored Simpsons

something done as early as season 1, try again

What I would like to know, what was the joke behind the 'car hold' bit. Moe mocks Homer for calling his own garage a garage, implying snobbishness, which would indicate that his following statement humorously makes him part of the lower classes or even the poor. But what is particularly low class about car hold? It just seems like a surreal yet neutral way to call a garage.

And even yet, garages don't exactly hold cars, do they? Rather than they contain them. So why doesn't Moe call his garage a 'car container'?

Maybe Moe characterizes his garage less as a building utilized in containing cars than as a state of car's being: In garage the car is on a hold therefore the garage is a car hold? Is Moe proposing with his taunting that Homer's perceived higher class status manifests as a certain detachment of reality, as his 'car hold' has been christened with an abstract name, becoming a consumable product, merely existing for it's nominal purpose, where as Moe's garage is more closely part of his struggle in his (poorer) life as the intermediate plane to his vehicle i.e his car isn't just in agarage but in a car hold, ready to be used in a inevitable short notice?

It's "car hole", which is particularly destitute and fits Moe's lack of refinement, which suits contra the snobbish term of garage.

>it's a celebrity guest star voices a lunatic who thinks he's the celebrity episode

He wasn't even credited for it originally I think. Acceptable

The Simpsons was never funny

I have a best friend who never laughs when I play The Simpsons. Pretty sure he's autistic but I love him anyway, god speed user

>>Chief Wiggum sounds like Moe half the time.

Yeah, the voices seem really off in the newer seasons. Marge in particular sounds odd.

Car hold or car hole, it does not matter which (though it is "hole"), it simply points out that Moe is so uneducated that he believes "garage" to be a pretentious word and instead uses a phrase that no one has ever heard before because it is so moronic and clunky.
As said already, "car hole" creates a particularly ugly and pathetic image of what a garage is, and is the funnier and correct interpretation of the line.

Do you think they would even end the series once one of the main cast dies?

I caught an episode and thought Mr. Burns sounded really weird, and like he was phoning it.

Do they actually all work together or just send recordings in? It certainly seems like the magic is gone in the performances

fuck look at that choppy motion

I think I read somewhere that Michael wanted his involvement in it to remain secret.

>It certainly seems like the magic is gone in the performances
thats what happens when 27 years have passed

WHY IS THE ANIMATION SO BAD
WHY DO YTHEY BARELY MOVE ANYTHING BUT THEIR HANDS
THIS ISN'T FAMILY GUY
REEEEEE

what episode is that super low yellow one

most likely the lady gaga one

it's either Ned 'n Edna's Blend where edna and Ned secretly marry each other
or it's lisa goes gaga where the episode is devoted entirely to lady gaga