Why is popcorn in the theater so much better and how do I make that shit at home

Why is popcorn in the theater so much better and how do I make that shit at home

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/84332/you-think-food-tastes-better-if-its-expensive/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>popcorn

fat piece of shit

Question for Americans. Does your popcorn look like this? It does it Australia but in American shows they're always squirting butter on top.

Make it like you normally do
Drop it on the ground
Walk over it a few times
Sweep it up
Put the ground popcorn back into your bag
Have a minority spit on it for "laughs"
There you go, delicious theater popcorn

popcorn isn't that bad for you unless you smother it in butter.

It looks more like this. But it is fucking delicious even more so with a few squirts a' butter

Wouldn't the butter make the popcorn soggy?

forgot pic fuck

you pay more for it, and the natural association with price/quality makes you enjoy the more expensive shit more than cheap shit

surprisingly, no

uhm... well for one thing its not pure 100% butter, its hydrogenated soybean oil with butter flavoring. whatever it is, when you add it to your popcorn it soaks it up and just makes it buttery , not soggy. its liek crack in a bag

Buy some popcorn salt

melt butter on any popcorn

there ya go

no, thats not why, movie theater popcorn is infinitely more tasty than microwave.

if you use actual butter than yes, it makes it saugy

They put like straight msg on that bitch. I don't know if it really is, but it smells like cake and tastes like salt.
I used to work in a movie theater. Next time you go in bring a small container and ask for some of the popcorn salt in a water cup to pour on your popcorn yourself, then later transfer to your container.

this is what I read once.

edit: here is the article time.com/84332/you-think-food-tastes-better-if-its-expensive/

but we're not talking about actual butter, are we? fucking special ed kids

It's like the number one office snackfood because it's low-fat and easy to make enough for everybody.

I was talking about actual butter. actual melted butter will make the popcorn soggy

You know it's not freshly popped right? Where I worked it was made in the morning and stored in big refuse size bags in a store room, later it's simply heated up under a light bulb on the concession stand.

Think how much they make from one refuse bag full.

the fuck? why?

Movie Popcorn tastes awesome because they use coconut oil to pop it in.

There now you fatties don't even have to leave the house for the 3.50 sensory friendly movie at 1030 am on tuesdays

air pop it nigga

Wait, Americans actually put butter in their popcorn?
Holy shit I thought that was a joke

He's lying, popcorn doesn't really take that long to make and it'll be obvious if it's too old (it goes stale, you gullible fuck)

Just how it was done at our place (major chain in the UK).

We (guys working on concession stands) never popped it ourselves or saw it being popped, just went upstairs to get a new bag when needed.

The empty popcorn bags you give customers are worth a lot more then the popcorn and staff throw a shit if you rip one (true story).

They usually pre-pop a few loads when they know they will get slammed with customers and know they will run out

If I ever make it to America i'll have to give it a try. I love popcorn.

Actually my mom's friend who did work at a theater would give us the big ass clear garbage bags full of popcorn sometimes and that shit lasted ages in the bag before going stale, I mean days.
I still imagine they make it fresh though, theres no good reason not to.
however they could get away with popping it and just warming it up later aswell.

>knew a guy whose gf worked at a movie theater
>she was the assistant manager so she would come home with literal hefty-sized garbage bags full of popcorn

You guys haven't lived until you've pigged out on literal pounds of movie theater popcorn in one sitting

Yeah. like I said in the post before, used to get the bags full as a kid.
If anyone wants to know why movie theater popcorn tastes better and is unhealthy it's the oil that it's popped in.
Plus if you get that soybean butter flavored shit on top it's just worse.

That would be awesome. It would be my equivalent to when George ate that giant block of cheese.

I rarely go to the theater, so when I do I always get popcorn with butter and some crazy soda concoction from those new crazy flavored soda machines and pig out till my stomach hurts. But thats not till the movies over anway so its all good

No one gives a fuck what you do reddit. Fuck off.

>It's another shill thread for the stupid push button soda machine by RC Cola

>implying anyone needs to shill for it when it has so many fucking flavors

My life got infinitely better when I discovered the secret for movie popcorn and how to make the Red Lobster biscuits.

>tfw at 8 mothers friend worked at a drive in and would literally give me a 4 foot bag of unsold popcorn that i would finish in one sitting everytime we went

i was sadden when it closed down

Lol you think lowfat is healthy? I thought that retard fad died 10 years ago you piece of shit

plain popcorn is a health snack for fat fucks.