This hurricane news spot is pure kino. I'm scared now and I live 1200 miles away

This hurricane news spot is pure kino. I'm scared now and I live 1200 miles away

>central and north Florida have never been hit by a hurricane this strong
>do not assume you can survive if you choose to stay
>this is like no storm in the record books

youtube.com/watch?v=JC18NUOLah0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QYaH5nU1Ls0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Krasnozavodsk_tornado
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Soviet_Union_tornado_outbreak
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1904_Moscow_tornado
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They haven't seen my toilet.

are they actually saying that?

andrew was a cat 5 with way lower pressure.

I seriously doubt this one will beat ike. ike had a confirmed 14 foot storm surge, and a reported 20 foot surge on in bolivar island.

Who are you?

yes

>If you stay your kids will die, too

youtube.com/watch?v=QYaH5nU1Ls0

you're mom

What's with the fearmongering over this hurricane? There have been worse before.

Im on the east coast getting the west eye wall now. This storm aint shit.

I'm GETTING OFF

western eye wall is the worst part. west side is the wet side.

did you get any eye time? I have been inside the eye of 2 hurricanes. it is insane. you probably can't see shit at night, the one eye it was at kije 4 in the afternoon. me and my dad went out and explored. it was surreal. you can see the walls, you know it's a storm, but everything is so calm.

Good, Florida's a shithole. Let it sink.

seriously

Nah its just off our coast. Last time i saw the eye was 2004 for Jeanne and Francis. One of the most amazing feelings honestly. Seeing that destruction while its so calm and knowing everything is going to shit in just a few minutes.

>some faggy Trump supporter was bragging about living in Orlando yesterday
I bet his record is quite corrected by now.

>being such a limpdicked autist that you remember specific anons in the past and bring them up

Wew lad, get a fucking life

Hey, Orlandofag. Shitposting from the local refuge, I see.

the powers that be are going to use this time to plant explosives on any major structure still standing and detonate them in the future when they see fit

I live in deep northern Minnesota you fucking loser autist

Sure you do.

Thief River Falls

Go Prowlers

>living in Nig River Falls

>That long pause at the end
fuck

Can't wait for all the clickbait articles referring to this hurricane as being "proof" of Global Warming.

I got lucky with this one. I'm in NC and its literally turning into the ocean when it hits NC. All I'm expected to get from this thing is literally a slight breeze.

?

whats a hurricane do?
maybe some basement flooding? Maybe you lose some shingles?

YOU ARE GOING TO FUCKING DIE SHITBIRD

>Land of the Free
>freedom to have you house destroyed by some bad weather

>be American
>get shot
>manage to doge bullet
>get killed by wind

>hurricane hits Haiti
>kills 300+ poor black people who already had shit lives
>same hurricane makes its way to America
>barely skirts the coast, so far kills no one, and looks to be receding into the waters

God is funny sometimes

ur deffo tryin i'll tell you what

What exactly are the dangers of a hurricane? Pic related?

You evacuate your home in the off chance that it would have hit you only to come home a day later and find that Jamal and his buddies have broke in and stole all your shit

Yeah, exactly. I don't understand the hype. This guy is obvious not very knowledgeable because Florida HAS been hit with as strong or stronger hurricane, as have other parts of the country.
If you live in a trailer or in a flood zone evacuate, but everyone else should be fine.

I always wondered what threat tornado poses to me if i live in one of these? Shame there are absolutely no tornadoes in russia to satisfy my curiosity.

the main danger of a hurricane is the storm surge. a strong hurricane has massively lower pressure, thus bubling up the sea. the storm surge is what kills most people.

secondarily, there are winds.in excess of 100mph at times. most of the time.hurricanes waver around 30-40 no matter how big they are. but the big ones have bands that have massive winds..and the eye wall is pretty insane.

if you stay inside a house that does not flood, even cat 5s can be waited out. but the beach area will be wrecked by the surge.

Does Russia even have sunny days or is it always that cloudy, gray weather I keep seeing in every single picture?

Everything north of Paris is perpetually gray and depressing

Americans about to get blown the fuck out
kino in its purest form

Yes.

soon...

Tfw Europe only gets the occasional flood but no really cool weather phenomena

Weather Channel is saying this for ratings.

Matthew is strong but Andrew and Katrina were worse. It's not unprecedented.

Mostly waves/storm surges. If you're not close to water there's no real threat except maybe a tree falling on you.

Tornados pop up too sometimes.

>Shame there are absolutely no tornadoes in russia to satisfy my curiosity.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Krasnozavodsk_tornado

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Soviet_Union_tornado_outbreak

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1904_Moscow_tornado

fuck I live in Dubai and this made me wanna evacuate

I went through a cat 5 hurricane. It went over us so we felt the full length of the hurricane.

There were tornadoes inside the hurricane that ripped houses apart. The waves washed away whole seaside condo complexes and roads. During the storm the water level rose 1-2m and flooded first floors of some low-lying houses, destroyed cars and anything else below the sea level. The whole island disappeared from satellite pictures for 24 hours because of the surge. After the storm had passed, the water was between knee-deep and waist-deep for another three days.

There wasn't electricity or running water for a month, so we had a bunch of canned food. But first we had to eat all the meat and perishables out of the fridge. Had a massive barbecue feast the evening after the storm with the neighbors. Next day one of the hotels had a generator running so we went there to charge our phones and drink cold beer. The whole experience was a lot of fun and it was great to witness the sheer awesomeness of nature first hand.

When you see a 40ft container roll in the distance like it was a piece of paper, coconuts lodged into walls and cars, boats wrapped around light-poles 100m inland, 10x10ft garbage containers resting on top of cars, hills of sand 15ft high on the side of the road, condos gone, buildings completely gutted, houses filled with sand, completely wrecked themselves or with blown-off roofs.

Nature is great.

lmao, wasn't Matthew already downgraded to a cat 3 hurricane? By the time it'll hit Jacksonville it will be a storm, at best.

But I guess people will continue to fall for clickbait nonsense like this.

rita was techically a worse storm than katrina. but all the blacks died in their trailers so it wasn't as good a photo op.

no one.remembers rita. even.though it happened a month after katrina, had higher winds and lower pressure, killed almost as many people, and didn't even touch a major city.

the last major storm was ike. but faggots get all uppity when you tell them "superstorm sandy" was nothing with a storm surge of 4 feet.

It's pretty comfy though

Very cool. Were you a kid at the time?