Do you think Disney is concerned that literally no one is hype for Rogue One?

Do you think Disney is concerned that literally no one is hype for Rogue One?
>youtube.com/watch?v=McPq8FPgl6c

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spaarti_cloning_cylinder
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising
youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA
youtube.com/watch?v=htS2zKhTXvI
youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI
screenrant.com/rogue-one-star-wars-poster-concept-art/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Empire:
>smart
>shiny
>organised
>justice
>galactic domination

Rebels:
>dust
>brown rags
>le strong women
>terrorism

This is the movie's greatest problem, only plebs support the rebels.

Ain't that the truth.

>rebels are literally third world shit

>no one is hype for Rogue One
I'm hyped.

It'll probably do as well as the Marvel movies usually do. It won't do as well as The Force Awakens did, but I'm sure they know that and are expecting it.

It will make close to a billion because it's Star Wars.

Give it 20 years before the franchise will do less than 700, maybe.
Generations have changed on how well movies do.

that doesn't make any sense though, aren't all those women american?

kill yourself reddit

I think this one is going to make around 700. I can't believe they thought they could do strong woman shit twice in a row.

but why would we let other countries claim our women..I mean I suppose they can keep lena but..

>close to a billion
Have you heard one person talk about it?
There's already more hype for episode 8 than this and it comes out in two months.

>der leaf

these are the new leads for possible sana solo role user

you're not going to be happy regardless of the new disney movie you get

canada is on the same continent but nobody calls canadians, americans. come on now.

United states of America, = americans

Doesn't matter, it's Star Wars. People will see it regardless. People know about it.
even if they would not, people go to the cinema and see "oh star wars" and watch it.

and yet the rebels are more competent while having less resources

I guess righ-wing tards only care about flashy dresses and cool uniforms, not a surprise.

>Going to the cinema without knowing which movie you're going to see

>supporting terrorism

If they remove this female nazi propaganda, then maybe people will enjoy the movies also.
The last Star Wars movie JJ made is the first I will not buy and I'm sure this Rogue one will also suck donkey balls!

I'm hype looks Dope.

It would actually do Disney pretty well to play this movie down so people aren't burnt out on Star Wars before Ep 8 can become the highest grossing movie of all time.

>supporting fascism unironically

The rebels win every time because it says so in the script.
Only makes them more obnoxious.

... yes. That is how most people do it, they have somewhat of an idea what to see beforehand, but can change their opinion based on what else is on (if they are familiar with it). it's fucking Star Wars, for god's sake. Don't make it sound like it will have a small turnout.

>not supporting freedom fighters

Sheev was elected Democratically and given power democratically. The Rebels are just butthurt.

I fucking lol'd dude.

he manipulated the system while creating the same threat that was used as an excuse to grant him special powers

he is a crooked politician and a sith lord

>rebels shitskins and woman
>empire whites
really makes me think

I'm already tired of Star Wars.

So a perfect American Politician.

While I'm not hyped at all I'll still probably gonna go see it. Mainly to see whitewashed Thrawn.

better lube your ass up because they're still coming.

You could just not watch them.

user, maybe in 10 years by starwars is a relatively untapped brand in a market full of capeshit.

LUBE THY ASS.

Do I hear the fenson navy speaking.

According to the movies and everything else canon the rebels are just plain better at making war than the empire.
Like the Vietcong was better than the Americans or the Americans were better than the british all the way back.

Having a huge military is useless if you have an even bigger bureaucracy that prevents you from using it efficiently.
For example due to its racist policies, the empire loses out on a lot of potential just because they refuse to let more intelligent or strong species work with them.

>because it says so in the script
Are you retarded? Did you seriously forget that we were talking about a fictional universe? If you dont accept that all our information from canon (doesnt even matter which one) says that the rebels are smarter and more efficient then why bother?

You're right user. I'll never pay for another disney star wars after tfa.

Disney's Marvel's Star Wars IS capeshit.

You don't mind when Hillary does it.

You're a literal faggot aren't you?

said the guy that is going to give money to a corporation so they can fuck you.

>For example due to its racist policies, the empire loses out on a lot of potential just because they refuse to let more intelligent or strong species work with them.

I'm surprised they just didn't work on a better clone template.

Reddit, I said i'm never paying for another star wars.

>Disney turns Star Wars into MCU
Oh gee I don't see how that could go wrong.

underrated post

Why is there a guy beating a stormtropper with a stick?
How do you damage someone wearing an armor, even one made of SHITTY plastic, with a bamboo.
JUST

Wtf, unless Han got cucked, what is this bullshit?

I dont think that they used clones at all after a certain point when the last ones had died.
Not sure what the canons use to explain this but I like to think that like with their disdain for nonhumans they thought clones were impure or just straight up had the opinion that its better to have your citizens perform military duty to increase patriotism and keep them more in check.
First one fits well with them being thickheaded and thinking they can afford to be emotional rather than calculating, second one is more reasonable but it may also be a combination of both or something completely different.

I am just a little

its the same director from the new evil dead and dont breathe, could be good

Im more hyped for it than I was for ep7

>December 16 2016
T-t-they'll fix it! R-r-right?

JUST stop user

>good guys are a multi-racial parade led by a bland feminist self insert
>bad guys are a white male and a gang of storm troopers

Disney just can't help themselves can they.

disney won't allow it to be good, they already fucked it with reshoots to make it more family friendly and funny.

user that's his wife you're talking about.

I'm hype.

It seems very Empire Strikes back in tone.

no they great thing is majority of the people that spent money on tfa were white men.

White men spend against their interest chasing nostalgia.

???
You realize that Disney Executives have the higher power over everything and mostly use B-List directors because they got less power and will do more what Disney tells them to do?

>he hates the Founding Fathers
Get out.

That's the next movie user, just ask adam driver.

Chewbacca was able to punch them out with his bear hands with no problem too

that's how Star Wars has always been

there was a rebellion on the cloning world. technology got lost so we only get small bursts of clones
>Vietcong
it could have been solved if US stopped pretending and just nuked it all.
>Having a huge military is useless
having a huge military is a lot smarter than having doomsday weapons
>For example due to its racist policies, the empire loses out on a lot of potential just because they refuse to let more intelligent or strong species work with them.
What? many non humans work in top levels of the empire and "strong" species are sent into mines so they can work using their inborn skills.

But it doesn't have Forest Whittaker.

I though Clone wars babbies liked it because they think it will link TCW to canon universe?

t. Hugo Boss

"White" South Americans will kill you for that. But fuck them, because you are right.

TCW is already part of the canon universe you retard. I don't get why faggots who know nothing about star wars, go into star wars shitposting let alone any legit conversation

SA cares about the term americans? weird

argentina is truly the whitest.

only things made after the takeover and movies are canon though user, which is why people care so much about things being put in current media, thrawn as example

I'm kind diffident because of the massive reshoots thing.
It's always a sign of messy movie.
But then again Suicide Squad was a mess and made close to 800mil just because people recognize Joker and Harley Queen.
Rogue One will break the billion anyway just by being star wars.

They were always the Nazis user.

The old fans don't care any more they just cashing in on pseudo nerds

It'll make 800 max

I really hope they don't go through with the Han Solo Movie.

I don't mind a Boba Fett Movie, he had about 2 lines and no character so you really aren't ruining much with him. I also like Temuera Morrison so wouldn't mind seeing him with a big film.

But fuck don't ruin Han Solo he already had to bow down to Rey in 7.

>According to the movies and everything else canon the rebels are just plain better at making war than the empire.

Literally wrong in every way. Be it movies or books Empire was almost always better than rebels at waging war.

Rebels won thanks to plot armor.

>only things made after the takeover and movies are canon though user
incorrect. there is an official list of what is and is not canon and Disney kept TCW and tied it rebels tv show

>only things made after the takeover and movies are canon though user

Right, like TCW

It's not though. Compare the lightsaber fight between Kylo and Rey to battles in Avengers.

>every star wars protag is a mary sue
>every bad guy is a white male
PATRIARCHY BTFO

all white men must die user

What of it? It was fucking garbage

I consider myself an old fan. Read most of the books as a kid and loved the KotR/Shadows/Jedi Knight games (skipped the comics).

I'm genuinely happy with the new movies, direction, so far.

>technology got lost
Thats honest to god way more shit than what I came up with in a couple of minutes. Is that actual canon or just some obscure comic adaption of a book about a sidecharacter from a video game?

>it could have been solved if US stopped pretending and just nuked it all.
You mean like the empire should have stopped pretending by destroying a completely useless planet just because of feefees and should have outwitted AND outnumbered the rebels.

>having a huge military is a lot smarter than having doomsday weapons
Both are useless (at least in Star Wars since the empire did have both) if your people are too stupid to use either one effectively.

>What? many non humans work in top levels of the empire and "strong" species are sent into mines so they can work using their inborn skills.
Not sure if we want to take nu-canon into the equation or not, but in the Rebels children show the empire is just genociding species for no good reason.
If we want to go the other way and just look at the movies we see exclusively humans in the military and only collaborating with the cartels and bountyhunters when absolutely necessary. Of course this could just be a coincidence and they might have given every species the same opportunities but humans ended up being perfect for all positions, but that seems unlikely given that other races were established to be somewhat equally capable of leading military forces like Admiral Ackbars folks.

>movies
No. They were arrogant and narcissistic which was their downfall. They valued tradition over efficiency when deciding to fight a rebellion with the deathstar instead of investing that same resources into specializing to fight asymetrical warfare.
>books
Most of them are written by people who already have an erection when they think about the empire because they prefer shiny uniforms and huge ships over an actual strategy. No suprise that the authors just keep stroking each others dicks...

Why doesn't it bother you that tfa doesn't fit with the other movies at all? How old are you?

>That's how Star Wars has always been
in the 80's it was appropriate. The prequels were like that to a certain extent, but consider Darth Maul, Grievous, the Clones/Mon Calamari, Geonisians etc etc etc

But it follows the tone of the first three with a band of unlikely heroes being thrust into a conflict bigger than they imagined.... Oh wait you're a prequelnigger aren't you?

If you're being serious TFA, being mostly a homage film, fits much better with the OT then the prequels or a lot of the expanded universe stuff. Also don't mind doing something different since a lot of the expanded universe stuff was much better written than what Lucas strove to do (i.e. jolee bindo's character).

Not him but the prequels were probably even more different from the OT than TFA is to the entire saga. But thats exactly why I like the PT and have absolutely no feelings for the new movie.

Art is controlled by capitalism so I know that they didnt make a shit remake of IV to annoy people like me, but literally just to rake in as much dosh as possible.

In a perfect world with better copyright laws there could be many different studios trying to make more star wars or anything else really, and the best ones would survive.

>Thats honest to god way more shit than what I came up with in a couple of minutes. Is that actual canon or just some obscure comic adaption of a book about a sidecharacter from a video game?
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spaarti_cloning_cylinder
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kamino_uprising
>Both are useless
Than what is useful? I have yet to see the sunshine policy type crap work. all it does is give wiggle room to stalin types.
>Not sure if we want to take nu-canon into the equation or not, but in the Rebels children show the empire is just genociding species for no good reason.
mas amedda is still burned into the film. Im not saying they don't oppress non humans, Im saying they don't ignore useful shit just because it comes from a non human.

>my Empress

Literally nothing wrong with this.

So what you mean is that it's a direct rip-off of ANH, that tells the same story, with nothing new?

My main issues were finn and rey not maming any sense as characters and the entire movie and disney expanded universe shitting on return of the jedi. I know there was a lot of shit in the old EU but the new stuff is worse than it ever was.

I honestly think that the spin-off movies are a very bad idea; regardless of their quality.

The problem is there's simply too much Star Wars in too short a period of time. I think people are going to get tired of it a lot faster than they think.

You could compare them to Marvel, but the main difference there is that there's multiple franchises that are different, Star Wars movies will always feel similar.

who gives a fuck about the tone if nothing else works? the tone was shit anyway, fucking retarded jokes all over the place for no reason.

You will find that is you who are mistaken, about a great many things.

>I know there was a lot of shit in the old EU but the new stuff is worse than it ever was.
This is probably my biggest grievance

It was like 'awesome! they've purged the eu, finally star wars can be less retarded!' and then within the first five years they've somehow gotten to a point that was just as bad
Ahsoka? Ezra? Helicopter-lightsabers? Obi-Wan's girlfriend? Spider-Darth-Maul?
Nevermind these rumours that in ep 8 it will be revealed that Rey is the """REAL""" chosen one

>[F-M]

no thank you

Who gives a shit? Now you dump advertising for it over the next two months and everyone goes and fucking watches it because it's star wars. Two months of hard plug time is all you need with a ip that prints money like star wars.

Your non-Jewish allies betray you.

Wait, they were on Jakku.

>No one liked the chosen one shit in the prequels
>I know lets make our lead the REAL chosen one
I half hope Disney is that stupid to piss everyone off and half hope they don't completely fuck over canon even more then them and the prequels have by actually making her the chosen one.

>taylor not american

this movie would be so much better if Jane Arseso had an actual personality. she's supposed to be a rogueish character, yet she's as boring as a rock. literally has only one expression on.

also Donnie Yen should've been a Jedi. then they can give Vader something to do where Yen duels Vader to give the crew a chance to escape. we can actually see a skilled lightsaber duel in the Disney Star Wars instead of the awkward flailing mess that was in TFA.

I agree with you on all that. I cannot stand how badly they fucked up on the finn character and even more so that rey can do all this stuff with no training. I decided after tfa that i'll never pay for another new star wars.They fucked up so badly that it hurts. I had been waiting my whole life to see Luke as a jedi master but it doesn't matter any more.

The force can have a strong influence on the weak minded.

>it's a 'the writers wrote it in the script so you know conservatives are bad episode'

Just like Hillary!

>Donnie Yen should've been a Jedi.
He should have been a Miraluka you fucking faggot

What is even the point of making star wars movies if the end is predetermined? No bad guy is going to completely win, no main protagonist is going to die. The good guys will win, maybe with a little twist at the end that means that the antagonists haven't completely been wiped out. What is even the fucking point.

Forgive me if I wont take the first link seriously. Any article mentioning Luuke is for joyreading only, but not part of my canon.
The second link is much more interesting, but as far as I can tell doesnt really back up your point. In the "aftermath" section there is no mention at all that cloning tech was lost, but instead that the emperor diversified and decentralized the production of clones, which would make it even more implausible for them to just lose tha magic formula to create them.
Off the back of my head I do not remember any major human technology ever getting lost after a certain point of connectivity between humans.

>Then what is useful?
Same thing that would be useful here on earth: resymmetrization of the battefield. The empire controls the media input of trillions of people on billions of worlds but they are unable to use it for their maximum advantage. They would have needed to either actually make life better for the majority of people (and species) or at least brainwash (possibly literally) them into thinking they did. If you have systems upon system of collaborateurs there is no way for the rebels to get any more supplies and support. The rebels had entire shipyards under their control by the time of Ep VI just because the empire was too incompetent to present a viable alternative even to being a rebel. Thats what you get for thinking that one meager deathstar would have people supprting you and then doing the same thing again (and again if you count the planned mass production of deathstars in some parts of the EU)

>mas amedda
He is nowhere to be seen in the OT so if we want to go full autism and pretend that OT and PT are in any way really related then we can assume that if he had any power besides representative it stemmed from the pre-empirial days and i see no evidence that Sheev would have placed a non human that he didnt trust since before the coup with any major position of power.

She's Han's fake wife. They were working together on a scam that required them to pose as a married couple. And she just went on calling her Han's wife for the next ten years.

Or promises of a wall. Walls don't work in space.

You never liked Star Wars much if 2 movies after a 10 year break is already too much for you.

Hah could you imagine disney making a supposedly PC movie about a black independent woman, only to find out later that she was actually just an asset to Han Solo but he was just so much cooler than her that she adopted his last name even though they werent actually married and he probably gave no fucks about her whatsoever?

This shit isn't star wars, they're just calling it that.

>Miraluka
literally who?

How insane do you have to be to do that and make problems for your fake husband by calling him husband? I hope someone kills her for it. I also hope they fire whomever came up with this shit and Chuck Wendig too

my life for yours

>

That sissy got beat down, and Miraluka helped do it.

You forgot:
>X-wings

That alone puts the Rebels leagues ahead of the Empire.

scrub shit for scrub people.

Don't worry, rotten tomatoes will get the plebs in the seats

>The Ferrari of shuttles
How does it feel to have a small dick user?

>scrub
>that blew up the death star... 3 times
>posts pussy lambda class

nah, you're the scrub, dont even reply back

would the world be better without plebs? I mean it would feel good for a time but since someone needs to get exploited things would go to shit, it feels less bad when its the plebs.

if shit lines up even a slave can kill an emperor but that won't make him better.

Forgive my autism, but why do spaceships need wings? If they are for atmospheric flight, shouldn't there be an aerofoil?

>3 times
>3 nill
>trois a zero
>tres a zero

yeah lol whatever fag

it's fantasy, it just looks cool.

My fucking sides

I don't know. its just a design, its like asking what is the difference between a hyper drive and a warp drive.
>If they are for atmospheric flight
The ship is used for both

>3,000 dislikes
KEK oh dear

One time it's an accident, twice it's coincidence, three times is a trend

>it could have been solved if US stopped pretending and just nuked it all.

Yeah that wouldn't instantly turn the world to communism in solidarity against the evil capitalist dogs or anything.

>trois
youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

This is my reaction to Rogue One
youtube.com/watch?v=htS2zKhTXvI

Disney cock-blocked the majority of December released movies this year. Everyone in hollywood is terrified of releasing anywhere near anything named Star Wars.

It's actually kind of hilarious. Rogue One will do fine.

1. space magic
2. was not even finished
3. needed an inside man and a manual jump pause at light speed(which is impossible but whatever)

For a shitty fanmade trailer? Why not?

you are delusional if you think governing bodies would switch on emotional bases. it did not even have to be nukes, a harsher hand could have won the war, you can't be building a sandcastle with 1 hand and destroying it with another only to wonder why you have not gained anything

So what you're saying is the rebels are just flat out better at warfare than the empire?
also
>2. was not even finished
youtube.com/watch?v=g7-tskP0OzI

>tfw too smart for Star Wars

You know, it isn't just because they are the "evil guys" which is why Star Wars gamers prefer playing them.

It's mainly more to do with what this user said
The Empire are just so much better with their weapons, clothes, technology.

It's funny really... at the end of Episode 6 the Rebels defeat the Empire and the Empire is completely in ruins correct? Well that's what I took from watching Episode 6.

SUDDENLY 30 years later in Episode 7, the Empire are back with even more bigger spaceships and death stars (STARKILLER BASE: which fucking gets destroyed the same way as the death star in A New Hope).

Mean while the Rebels are still living in underground systems, no high palaces or advanced technology bases.

This is why The Force Awakens has so many plotholes to do with the backstory. How the Empire managed to return with an even bigger army and build Starkiller Base (an entire death star system built and carved into a fucking planet).

BRAVO DISNEY

>fanmade trailer
FUCKING SHIT!!

OP YOU HAD ME FOOLED!

FUCK YOU I THOUGHT IT WAS REAL

>So what you're saying is the rebels are just flat out better at warfare than the empire?
no, im saying 1 guy saved them 2 times
and 3rd time it was the script
>2. was not even finished
the gun was done but the shielding was not

Hah. He got me too though. But I was actually hoping that people hated it, because that could only mean a better Star Wars movie for us Prequeltricians that normies hate.

It could •HAVE• been good.
Now that the Disney Board of Market Researchers have had their way with it, the movie will be fun

>Mean while the Rebels are still living in underground systems
it worse, they became the mainstream. all of the old corruption and bullshit came back and that is why leia broke off with the new republic and started a resistance on a hunch that the first order was coming

Their guerilla tactics were more effective than the empires massive military due to sheer incompetence on the imperial side.

Hillary is so smug she declared war on pepe to stay #1 on smugcharts.net

>fucks British men
>wears the British flag

you are telling me things are not as easy when you are a ruling body that has to care for its people while at any moment one of them may turn out to have been working against the system?
>sheer incompetence on the imperial side.
prove it

>Satan is a Prequeltrician
BLESS YOU LORD

>not hyped
Speak for yourself

she was being ironic
like Madonna

All it would need is wings and enough maneuvering thrusters to push back against a planets gravity. Plus it's not a fighter, it's a shuttle, it would have escorts to deal with any attack.

Sometimes it's nice to let your falcon decide.

Nice meme

>ironic
anyone who does anything to be ironic, should be shot

i was hyped until they annonce the re-shoot

Looks pretty cool tbqph family

Yeah totes ;)

Lest we forget the awful sixth grade level poster?

this LITERALLY looks like something someone on deviant art would make for their fan film

>North Dakota

Fuck those faggots.

I don't really care if I ever see it so you might be onto something.

>Vietnam
Militarily it wasn't bad, the war was lost at home.

lmao how many blacks, muslims, trannies and women were in the Founding Fathers?

this isn't the real thing, right? it can't be.
PLZ TELL ME IT ISN'T

screenrant.com/rogue-one-star-wars-poster-concept-art/

Who /neverseenTFAandnevergoingtoseethis/ here