AI TURNS BAD LOL

New sci-fi stories when?

man in black is based

WTF IS THIS SHIT?

kek

In ur butt

whats the secret storyline gonna be?

Jealous he isn't kissing you, user?

We all know you stormies secretly crave the BBC.

it came out of fucking nowhere

MEGA

watch episode 1 and find out for yourself. It has a lot of potential

It's not AI it's scripts.

Robotkino

So what exactly is this show about?
Human toys?
Master cop investigates?
War?

KEKworld

youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

>It's reboot shit

Yeah not watching this.

Why is Ed Harris is based

Quality post m8

*so

ok where would i unironically download this???

is he /our guy/?

except they are not sentient
>AI TURNS BAD LOL
it does not, the maker is just nuts.
old fag has existential crisis and nostalgia so he fucks it all up. everyone but him maybe a robot

When did you guys realize Westworld is one of the only ways to get a popular anime idea into the mainstream?
Robo-kino?

Not a reboot. Park has been running for the last 30 years. It's all canon.

Oh my bad it's a soft remake wink wink ;) *nudges*

fuckin google this

Not a remake

RBRBG

but the AIs are turning good

Since it's in the future, he probably is. /vg/ most likely.

we are all robots

Will The Man in Black achieve a 100% New Game + run? Stay tuned and find out what easters eggs he may discover in another exciting episode of Westworld!
I honestly think this show is great.

I think he is trying to find the grand prize of being able to play for free. Or actually forget he is in the game or something like this.

>Dolores has a real gun
well shit

finally, the two jackasses running for potus did something worthwhile

Got it backwards, AI are the good guys, the humans are the bad guys.

What a terrible fucking thread.

I like bananas

Show gets popular , threads go to hell.

>season finale
>Ed Harris gets the 100% achievement
>He opens up a delicious bottle of Mountain Dew and downs it in one shot
>other guests look on in astonishment as the world disintegrates into madness around them with all the hosts heads exploding or /dancing
>How did you do that?
>Git gud.

calling it now, Ed Harris's character has cancer

These violent threads have violent ends.

Does it have other worlds like the movie or JUST old West?

discussion when?

no growing boy this week

>It's a racemixing propaganda episode
Kind of tired of that one

I am so confused
Why he cut the top of his skull and give it to other random guy which his daughter broke the 4th wall and gave him a riddle

>chokepoints the map
fuck off

Didn't Hopkins say that humanity can now cure all diseases in the first episode?

Seems like just Westworld but they might milk the other places if the show does well

west

Ed Harris says at one point: I a sense, I was born here.

Made me wonder if he's Richard Benjamin's character who went nuts after events in the movie. Probably not but would be interesting.

it's the equivalent of a bored developer hiding a pointlessly obscure easter egg in a video game, and ed harris wants to find it

>the humans are the bad guys.
thats really edgy bruv

DUDE FAILURE OF COMPLEX SYSTEMS LMAO

Crichton is a hack

except no one wanted her
mark my words

to trigger a quest

What a fucking waste, you just know HBO has extra set-dressing from Rome and Game of Thrones laying around in a shed somewhere.

Did they totally shut down the possibility of the other parks from the movie, or did it just seem ambiguous?

That's really underage-y. And i am not your bro.

There's been no mention of other parks but they could always say they're independent locations with their own staff but since Ford is only focused on Westworld that seems unlikely, They could say they're opening new zones though.

ed harris is the equivalent of an exploiter going into unreleased zones

no he is not.

The big revelation is he is actually a robot

the place without mothers

Hopefully Taluh Riley comes back.

>2nd episode
>already BLACKED
is this a record?

>to find the maze you must kidnap the card dealer, drain him of blood until he only has 3 litres left, take his scalp to a mexican, shoot dead the mexicans family except for the daughter, and then the daughter will reveal to you the entrance of the maze
Can't believe they hired "that kid" to write

fug its topkino

this guy is a complete cuckold

you have autism

Harris will never recover once he realizes the maze quest is meant for 13-21 year old guests.

I just watched the first episode and honestly I'm not enthusiastic. Feels a bit all over the place with 2deep4u promises which won't deliver and forced artsy shit that looks a bit plebbish and GoT-ish.

Also every other scene has niggers in it for no reason other than some stupid diversity quotas.

Most of the stuff from the set of Rome was auctioned off sadly.

>every other scene has niggers
there's one black guy in the whole recurring cast. Some buff nig is shown for 10 seconds

iss this what you mean by "every other scene"?

there will probably be spinoff miniseries. hbo already paid for 5 seasons of westworld

The secret harris is looking for is the elevator hopkins use to enter the part

he explained that they only speak the truth when they are the most desperate

why did he assume the girl was telling the truth? i thought he was gonna say "yeah i heard that one before" and blow her brains out. she could have been reciting a gay indian poem

>be billionaire
>start TWO companies which are worth billions
>real life Stark
>wants to advance humanity

>fucked a model
>subtly bragging and promoting his work because he doesn't hold a petty grudge like a true bitter cuck

>gets called 'cuck' on a Taiwanese degenerate containment site
(you)

and this guy is playing elon musk?

One guy wore the white hat, the other the black.
What is the implication of this.

What's so weird about that?

Lets say that it is a map on his scalp ( we don't really know for sure)

So there are indians in the world and they scalp people, so there is a certain scenario where the dealer gets scalped and collecting his scalp starts a tressure hunt

white = light = good
black = dark = evil

a real world Westworld would have generic horrible video game quests like "collect 10 buffalo asses". Only you'd kill the buffalo and start cutting and the ass would disappear because only one in ten actually drops an ass

why's he so smug?

>already paid for 5 seasons
why would they do that?!

I'm flabbergasted by this.
And slightly aroused by the sight of the naked woman running.

>You'll never rape Dolores 30 years straight.

I genuinely believe once e have a simulation this realistic (whether digital or with robots) crime will drop to zero

>Which would you prefer.

Rolled my eyes so hard at this.

you are retarded
>simulations will stop theft
>simulations will stop crimes of passion
>simulations will stop manslaughter
>simulations will stop fraud

>Maintenance staff can only power down robots drugging them.
Goddammit Nolan I really don't want to drop this.

>Choose wisely, Neo.

They really need to shrink the opening. too long. too boring.

>implying you have not done stranger quests
Do you even game?

there are video games with complex quests (they are still horseshit though). Considering they can create realistic androids, they should be able to create more complex quests
but since not all visitors have time and money for long running quests, most quests involve just gun fights
I guess there are few longer quests

Plus, the song is not catchy like in GoT.

>theft
simulate life as a billionaire
>crimes of passion
possible but significantly reduced
>manslaughter
simulate killing people all you want
>fraud
see number one

Don't forget about the daughter saying that "it's not meant for him"
IMO the maze is meant to be found a different way, maybe it was added for the Indian storyline that faggot came up with, maybe for beta testing it or some shit

Harris is just cutting through all the shit and getting to it a different way, he's probably been there so long he knows how these storylines generally work (hell he'd probably been there so long that he'd already exhausted all the other storylines, when they started working on this Indian one maybe he noticed the changes from it and started looking into it)

Since the storyline is incomplete (and actually got shut down by Hopkins) if he reached the maze it'd probably give him backdoor access or some shit
But I'm kinda expecting him to get to the maze only to find it's been removed because of Hopkins rejecting the storyline, cue season 2

now watch ep 2 and see your hope die a little more

>They shall have one, something I have been working on for sometime; something quite originally.

What did he mean by this?

so what do you think old man's master plan is

imho putting hats up like that does not really show what would look good on you. seems like some pseudo shit a shop does when they don't have much product
classic cowboy shit but white hats don't really look good in real life

religious enlightenment for guests and hosts alike

something like treasure hunt

i love 1970s movies set in the future. they are always dated as all fuck.

Any deeper meaning to the god/satan analogies ?

change that to "50s"

I saw so many oldies as a kid because Cartoon Network became TCM at night. This is one of my favs

>when you played skyrim for so long, you start adding silly mods

>"it's not meant for him"
it could mean that it is made for a robot character or its just cryptic flavor text.
>Indian storyline that faggot came up with
its older than that

>everyone commits crimes just for fun

fan of The Purge series are we?

So why did Prometheus attack them?

still waiting for logan's run

>this is Make Love Not Warcraft live action edition
>Ed Harris is the hacker

Okay, here's the thing that bugged me.

Presumably Harris knows the daily activities of all the characters pretty well. That Mexican probably wakes up in his house before traveling to wherever he is captured by that posse, and is then strung up. Harris could have intercepted the Mexican at any time, sparing the time and effort of having to interrupt the hanging episode and shoot all those cowboys. And showing up before the last minute would have avoided the risk of the Mexican being hung before reaching him.

Why did the operator guy refer to the black gunslinger as an "guest"?

im dieing of hunger and disease, thank god i can simulate food and medicine. thank god i can simulate fake money to buy real food and medicine. how would a poor person afford these simulations? westworld itself is a vacation center for the extremely wealthy.
id argue it would be reduced slightly, not significantly.
you do not know what manslaughter means
yeah just like how in real life rich people never commit fraud

you are fucking dumb

where is fun in that...

how do i open .mkv
windows media player says its not supported?

>fun
covered
>wanting to hurt people/being a sociopath
covered
the only thing left is crime out of desperation for money/drugs. But if you can afford the simulation you'd be covered on both

That would be the absolute worst choice for his character at this moment, holy shit.

Lets hope you never write anything

Because he's a guest

Am I the only one who is turned off by all the pretentious dialogue? Why can't people just like actual people? Fucking Nolan faggots.

Typical nopass.

Harris clearly enjoys gunfights.

godfuckingdamnit i'm sick of this meme

are you a fucking retard or what

I said "once we have a simulation" like that, not "once Elon Musk can afford it for himself'

I'm talking as widely available as electricity or telephones.

>rich people never commit fraud
they commit it for more money you moron

god damn you actually are retarded

Use vlc, friend.

I watched the first episode last night. Why is this show being praised here? It's cheesy shit that masks itself as being good behind high production values when it's trash, kinda like BvS

>muh aerial shots
>b-grade script writing that a 15 year old would think was cool
>unnecessary dialogue
>Can see everything happening in the park in real time on a map, but they're completely oblivious to Ed Harris doing whatever he's doing
>scandinavian lady cant act for shit and has to say fuck every two sentences to show how badass she is
>killing the fly as the final shot
That was so cringe worthy and predictable it hurt

It's just so generic. What is the appeal?

wait what, I thought the whole point was that he was a sentient bot.

that is like asking why did he take him to location where all his family would be summoned to, maybe its a requirement

you posted a whole lot of hot opinions without saying anything specific. Good job

you are forgetting that he has been going there for 30 years, and the last critical failure was 30 years ago. the critical failure was probably related to the maze and he has been trying to figure out how to get there. management also said he gets to do whatever he wants, so im guessing he gets special privileged after a lawsuit or something after the critical failure.

if there's a escalator/stairs shot that doesn't look cool from an overhead angle, I haven't seen it.

probably he is but no one knows yet

There are no sentient robots in this show.

It's artificial people, it makes sense.

dat Leone aesthetic

masturbate in public while saying MKV over and over. cops will tell you how it works, its worth 2 weeks in jail

too early to say it
probably they are sentient by design but due to regular wipes they never achieve true sentience

hey Im not saying that is what I would write or that its a good idea but Im saying it is likely to happen.
>Lets hope you never write anything
did you tell that to everyone speculating about star wars ep 7

Reviews are completely subjective and I gave specific examples. What other ways could I say what I said you dolt

The whole point of what? Shitty Cred Forums theorycrafting?

>it could mean that it is made for a robot character or its just cryptic flavor text.
Maybe, there's people talking about how the "co-owner" Arnold might have left in a quest for the hosts before he died, and since he was the only one who knew about it nobody else would know to remove it, could be neat (next ep is meant to talk about this Arnold guy)

>its older than that
For all we know this Indian storyline has been worked on before it was shown in ep2 though, I'm pretty sure it's gonna tie into things what with Maeves dream about them, IMO the maze and maze-scalps etc are all "remnants" of that storyline

Maybe Maeve's dream is something that actually happened, being attacked by Indians etc as part of a test of the storyline, which maybe Harris walked in on by accident (or was actually part of the test, he is meant to be a VIP of the park) and saw the Indians scalping people and noticed the map in their scalps, seeing as he's been there 30 years he'd probably know what a normal host scalp looked like, so seeing the map could have piqued his interest in these "remnants"

do they have real decors or green screen?

>gave specific examples
no, you said things like "unnecessary dialogue" without pointing out the unnecessary dialogue

it's shot at the same set town as Django Unchained

not

>I leveled up

>Why is this show being praised here?
I have yet to see a thread praise it
>Can see everything happening in the park in real time on a map, but they're completely oblivious to Ed Harris doing whatever he's doing
who said that?

Humans and hosts talk like they have a stick up their ass. It's annoying.

Plebs gonna pleb and they eat that pretentious garbage because it looks "deep".
This show is even worse than GoT IMO.

Harris is a host made by Hopkins led to believe he's a guest and also enjoys guest benefits, Hopkins is testing his ability to learn.

>wow dude you are dumb for not picking up something i never said that radically changes my entire argument
classic internet retard

>they commit it for more money you moron
and they will continue to do so. greed has no limits. the greediest jews will never be satisfied by unlimited fake wealth

But the point is that you're not supposed to be able to tell who's human.

>For all we know this Indian storyline has been worked on before it was shown in ep2 though
its a new expansion pack, no way they worked on it as long as the maze. also oldfag is likely to have hand in the maze and he hated the new storyline
>"remnants"
you can't have remnants of something that was never implemented

The kid is a robot, he does a complete 180

>Youre not going to come back here are you
>Goes from smiling happy to go"
>His enthusiasm, gone
>Turn around emotionless and walks away

What is it about the statue?

youtube.com/watch?v=GyC0A98k-1s

Let all of them talk normal then. But don't bore me with pretentious shit. Like the two visitors on the train in e02. Or the black guy with Hopkins.

Jurassic Park but with robots, rape, and more violence

>What is it about the statue?
There is no bell

that robot kid is prob old guys actual robotic child pet project. the scene before was management talking about cutting expenses. the guy is clearly sentimental about his old robots

you wouldn't rape a t-rex

It is the old man's child version

>Implying I wouldn't

yeah i would

>something that was never implemented
How do you know? The way I see it WW is pretty close to a real-world MMO, and adding a story to an MMO involves testing it. They wouldn't just add the whole thing at once and tell you to have fun with it, they'd need to work on it somewhere privately first and make sure it works as they expect.

I reckon they did this testing with Maeve which is why she dreams about it, Harris got involved with the test somehow and now knows about this unfinished story, so he follows it. Hopkins cancelled this story in Ep2 though, so maybe he's following a dead end now.

fine, I'm only taking from the first episode though
>the constant exposition to Bernard about the core processes and rules etc of the park
They talk to him like he's on his first day the whole episode. I know it's the first episode but it's the most lazy way of exposition that they could have done
Pretty much all of the dialogue that isn't done inside the park (with the exception at the end) is drawn out and could be cut down. The overseers of the park are all unlike-able, which is probably intentional, but is stupid. Nobody cares about power struggles between two shitheads.

There have been a fair few threads full of people calling it TVOTY

Just finished it, fuck I just want to watch more for hours

anyone else think the little boy host is probably anthony hopkins' character as a kid?

>except they are not sentient
Not yet.

this, fuck. I hope episode 3 gets an early release too

yeah definitely. Just wondering why he'd create a younger host version of himself though

the park was probably originally intended to be light hearted whimsical western fun. he probably made a kid bot to see if the kid would like the park

or because he wanted a child but was married to the job. if i had to make a fake kid for myself id want it to literally be a kid version of me

>Tommys not going to believe!

WHO IS TOMMY?

yeah. i wish it was on Netflix so i could just watch the entire season in like 2 days. HBO will probably move to netflix's business model eventually and ditch the cable channel entirely but until then we can only wait until next sunday.

>they put on some blue sticker
>its gone next time they are shown

FLAWLESS

i was thinking the man in black maybe.

would make sense as to why he has free reign over the park and how he's been there for so long without going bankrupt. ages don't really match up though.

I feel bad for Teddy, poor guy never gets a break. It's probably going to be a running gag that he gets murdered every episode.

this post was meant to be in reply to this one:

hmm the 1080p is 1.6 GB while the 720p is 1.3 GB. Should I go for the 1080p?

they should have named him kenny then.

yeah, but at the same time there is something about waiting a week that makes you savor each episode more too, but man this is kinda like lost in the sense that each episode just builds and sets up to the next continually

My dad works at Delos and he told me that there's a cactus north of the starting town and if you shoot at it 3 times at midnight Mew appears and you can catch it.

Basically means the 720p one has a higher bitrate, therefore higher quality for its resolution

Considering there are ruins of a lobby for some place with the same name as the theme park from the old movie, other worlds will definitely come into play one way or another in the future. my guess is this season will focus 100% on westworld, though.

So what's the management's goal?

Are they making cylon skinjobs for the government?

>Cant you see it
>At what?
>The town with the white church
>Perhaps youre not looking hard enough

>Camera shows a black church

Well Hopkins is obviously trying to make true sentient AI. Management doesn't know about that though.
I don't know what management wants. Maybe they want to replace important people with robots? Like foreign leaders and stuff?

racist

>So what's the management's goal?
To run a successful theme park and MAKE MONEY while doing it

> implying technology as advanced as what's in West World wouldn't be stolen by government agents world wide

i really hate responding to these types of brain-dead "spoon feed me please" posts made by possibly actual robots with no fucking imagination

because they haven't. he's apparently read that they've planned it to be a 5 season show and assumed that meant that HBO already renewed it for 5 seasons, which is pretty stupid.

speak for yourself
because we saw him pitch the story. He is a script writer and his story was not picked up for development. also you maybe the one who does not know how real MMO works, they don't just put in bits of the quest, there is usually a separate server where everything is tested. given how they had not tested the new "remembrances" its clear that they are sloppy but maze is defiantly not connected to artfags quest

How does one enter the westworld? is it matrix style?

are you sure?

I dont get something, for example in this episode when they cut from the black hooker int the saloon to the examination of her. is that done "remote" somehow or is just a new day?

>be me
>out for a walk at night
>see this
what do?

he was talking about the secret goal of management dumbo

>t rex
>3 pictures of raptors

proving his point noobs

It's a train dude.
Although I'm a little confused on the transition there. The dressing room was obvious way bigger than the train, but as soon as he stepped out of the door the train was already riding.

>They talk to him like he's on his first day the whole episode
its strange since in ep 2 they add a new guy who is the audience vehicle, having his buddy tell him could have the same effect and even leaves a window of "well he is not really part of the dev team so he was wrong"

If it's literally just artists vs investors, I'll be disappointed.

>'paint it black' starts playing
>man in black appears

bravo JJ

yes, that or his dead brother

>except they are not sentient
By what definition?

>To where the snake lays its eggs
>Everything here is magic, except to the magician
>Hopkins sends the snake to the direction of the black church

Whats the current theory Cred Forums?

Is the church actually an antenna

Nobody wants to fuck this dirty whore

the train wasnt shaking you stupid fuck. it didnt start moving until his friend came out

I thought I was smarter than to do such shit but eventually I ended up shooting the moon with a sniper rifle in GTA SA hoping to see UFOs or something like that

What is jeffrey wright's deal? He whispered something to delores' first dad before he went into storage

and he has regular secret non-rape sessions with delores

KEK

no idea

im more interested in maeve's dream where she sees an indian chief dude and he turns into harris

>there are no bells
>its not a full church
that is the point.

so confirmed little kid bots and also confirmed being able to make them imagine things

they better play janies got a gun on the player piano next episode

There is no management, black hat and Hopkins are the only real people in the story

Why does no one talk about the female shooter from the gang with the snake tattoo and what she or they may be up to or a part of.

When he "pitched" it the storyline was pretty much fully complete though, he had the characters ready and knew what to expect from it (all that shit he said about people finding themselves etc), I doubt you'd want to pitch an unfinished/undeveloped story to Hopkins anyway, seeing as it's already established that he's not really involved with the storylines, afaik hes just the top guy who doesn't need to do shit except approve changes to the park.

Really I don't see any other way to explain Maeve's dream other than it being part of a test, or the storyline already being implemented to a certain point which she picked up in her dreams maybe, idk

>also you maybe the one who does not know how real MMO works, they don't just put in bits of the quest, there is usually a separate server where everything is tested.
This isn't a vidya game MMO though, it's real-world, the only way they could have a "seperate server" is to have a duplicate of WW somewhere else, or have a section of the park dedicated to testing, which is where I think Maeve was during her dream (the house she was in does seem to be in the middle of nowhere)

>given how they had not tested the new "remembrances" its clear that they are sloppy
They did test them though, only 10% of the hosts were given the update, which shows that they do test things before they implement them.

new day

I'm guessing her mind sort of merged two memories of past lives together: One of being captured by the Indian dudes, and the other of being captured by Harris.
Harris probably tried to get information out of her at point as well.

>there is usually a separate server where everything is tested
there are dozens of World of Warcraft videos where people succeed in getting to "out of bounds" locations and end up finding hidden sections of the map and "under construction" dungeons and such.
This happens because the developer doesn't account for certain combined effects, such as flying vehicles having different physics, or actions which translocate the player shove them through world geometry... Or that someone simply forgot to put a boundary on the world map.

The scrapped storyline could end up being the "hole" in the world geometry that lets Ed Harris go "out of bounds" and not even by being a player character while doing it.

by definition that they feel nothing, they emulate as commanded and not a single unite has done anything not in its programming

i just wonder how they got on the FIRST train that got them there, if it wasn't all physically real, there wouldn't be the need for trains at all. hopkins also just took an elevator to the desert, i guess maybe the lab is underneath the whole park

She's part of the main cast, so I'm sure she'll get an episode featuring her eventually.

I thought those guys were just there to kill all the broken robots.

He is up to shady shit obviously using his relationship with the bitch to do something niggerish by having secret interactions with the hosts. In the new preview we see someone shooting themself in the head in the back room of that host storage area we saw earlier with Dolores' original father. The person collapses as Hopkins walks away all worried.

code words for hidden programming. There is no sentience, human characters are activating hidden scripts and are being fooled by them

>by definition that they feel nothing
Not true. They have to feel and sense the world around them to interact with the guests.

theyre hosts

nobody cares what their intentions are except this cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k
top tier cinematography

link to the new preview?

>Ed Harris had a gun that could shoot through a wall and hit an android behind it.
There are two possibilities here:
>The guns magic ammo can simulate going through solid objects and hitting things on the other side, even though the actual bullets can't go through walls.
OR
>Harris has an actual gun with actual bullets.
Do you think he could've smuggled one in?
Also, was the gun that Dolores dug up real too? If not, why was it buried? It's not like it's difficult to get fake guns in Westworld.

>Maeve's dream other than it being part of a tes
Maeve's dream is memory of her old function. at some point she played a mom on the farm. she is pooling on the past the same way dad was pulling on shakespeare because she got triggerd by the code phrase from delores

whats she gonna do with that gun anyway?
and i imagine harris wont want to be stopped by a real person so might aswell carry a real gun maybe its a fuck up or the "fake guns" can do just that.

is he supposed to be really unlikeable?

>which shows that they do test things before they implement them
no, those 10% were in active duty. yes they did not up all 100% but its idiotic to put any untested hosts into the game. imagine the reviews from people whos hooker hang up on them mid fuck, guy whos side npc fucked up the quest, another npc who caused his party to get lost. its not good business

I guess they won't even cease to function with those wounds, their system is just telling them to shutdown

>top tier cinematography
>mixing guns between shots
>ever action shotgun mixed up with a lever action rifle
>no cases ejected even though you can hear them
whoever was the gungrip is a fucking moron

MiB is a gold player

For our more advanced guests. Panning for the hidden gems in Westworld can take time, and our Gold package offers access to secret paths that lead straight to the outer fringes of the park. These narratives are not for the faint of heart – come unprepared, and you may find yourself blinded by the halo of righteousness, or pulled deeper into the allure of darkness. All amenities in the lower tiers are available to you, along with an arsenal of hosts and tools to unlock levels you never knew existed.

obviously, he will be killed one of the likeable androids

maybe it's a gun that teddy dropped during one of his scripted deaths

>whats she gonna do with that gun anyway?
She's definitely gonna be the first host to kill a guest, calling it now. I don't know who it'll be though. If it's anything like the movie it'll be William's douchey friend, but it seems like she was being led by someone, so it'll probably be someone more important.

this second episode is pure kino

shes being led by brenard

I know. I took a wyvern to the top of tower of insolence in lineage 2 but that is not the same as getting bits of quest. I have also seen officially implemented quests trigger to early/late etc (common with holiday quests) but they are deemed finished, no one crafts right on the server, bit by bit.
>it's real-world
kind of unrelated but they could run simulations, have conversations etc and yes they can try it out on a patch of land.
>middle of nowhere
quest seemed boat related

i want dolores to do some wacky shit already, lads

i feel like MiB is just on a super hard quest

like, there are obvious quest markers, as if it were an MMO. You pick up the rolling can, you get the dolores quest, you help the eyepatch guy, you get the treasure hunt quest

will probably be proven completely wrong but my current thinking is that theres a super rare 'quest' that MiB is on, and it started when he scalped a host and realised there was a pattern on their scalp

oh and my moneys on him being related to Hopkins' character in the real world

>it's real
wew lad

>They have to feel and sense the world
wut? all they have to do is observe. how do you think chat bots work?

>>Harris has an actual gun with actual bullets.
If it was a "secret real gun" he would've run out of real bullets after a very short time.

It's very likely that all the guns are real and all the bullets they shoot are real.

Even if it's just "blanks and squibs" fake guns, if you hold a blank-firing "fake" pistol to your head and pull the trigger, the pressure wave from the exploding blank will *still* liquidate your grey matter. (despite being a "blank" round)

He's trying to find the hidden frost DK artifact appearance.

There has to be some reason as to why he's given VIP treatment.
So yeah, either he's a relative of Hopkins, or he had something to do with the accident that happened 30 years ago, since he did say he had been coming to Westworld for 30 years.
Maybe his wife got murdered by robots back then or something and they give him unlimited access forever. His quest is him trying to get revenge by breaking the system.

their software tell them to feel pain and adjust their responses accordingly
they are not feeling real pain but feeling it for real

Maybe, some reason I don't see it being part of an older storyline though, seeing as scalps are being taken and Ed is even involved...
But for all we know Ed's been going around scalping people for years though, trying to find that maze again, and then in Ep1 he finally finds it...
idk, hopefully next ep will answer more than this one.

The remembrances were programmed by their top guy Hopkins though, IIRC it was even him who pushed them?
He could have skipped the normal testing and decided to push it to WW ASAP, but only 10% in case it fucked everything up.

Anyway this is beside the point, it's obvious they'd have some kind of testing like you said, I just think they might have been testing this Indian storyline and Ed got involved somehow, with the maze/maze-scalps being remnants from the test. Now I'm kinda expecting him to reach a dead end because that storylines being canned, or maybe like said canning the storyline could let him "get out of bounds"

IDK if I believe it or not but it seems to make more sense than some other things I've read

They are not feeling anything. its a case of "if X do Y" software tells them to emulate expressions that a person feeling pain would have

oh damn i hadn't made the link between the accident being 30 years ago and him being there for that long, good spot.

Wider question, but do you guys think this would really work? Not the technology but the immersion? I feel like it would be playing a video game in god mode, which would be fucking dull

>oh the girl wants to fuck me, wonder why that is
>oh i just won a gunfight vs 10 dudes, wonder why that was

etc. where's the fun if it's not a challenge? Maybe thats why MiB is looking for a hard quest. Honestly, i think i'd be pretty bored.

Fucking script kiddies, when will they learn?

if the world is based in 1880 why are there so many single action revolvers?

>But for all we know Ed's been going around scalping people for years though
most likely this

That scene was fucking great. Felt kind of sad watching her reaction to Xerxes getting shit mid-speech.

youtube.com/watch?v=0I3EgQ394_k

humans are also not feeling pain

when you get on a roller coaster you know rationally that you're completely safe (barring the occasional freak accident)
but you still get the visceral thrill when you go over the top

No, just the one day they'll be able to.

>I feel like it would be playing a video game in god mode
well realistically they would have limitations, levels, they would force you to earn your food by doing quests and picking banditry or other jobs. you would rave reputation which would effect how npcs see you. if you just want to fuck around in a mini sandbox there is no need to go to such a big stage.

>tv in charge of firearms physics

Anyone feel like the park has a bit of a flaw in that the guests can't get hurt in any way?

Like, obviously you're not paying to get hurt, but the way they've set up the park, it's not just a quick draw fight where you always shoot the other guy first, there's big shootouts where you could be taking on multiple guys and none of them will be able to really do anything to you, even if you just stand there and toy with them like the Man in Black did. You can shoot a host at a bar in broad daylight, or stab one in the hand at dinner, and there's no indication that the sheriff will even try to step in, and if they did, you could shoot them too without any trouble.

So there's very little challenge, less than modern video games even, which have some kind of fail state for a poor performance. In this park, there's no simulated failure of anything, unless you say, got to know some side character on a quest and they died, or if you struck out at a romance quest, but if that happened, which it may not be able to, and you then raped the host, no one would be able to stop you. It seems like it would get boring after a while for anyone without a victimization bent, like the Man in Black has.

are you going to pull out some pseudo shit to make it seem like your point is valid?

From the trailer

>Religion is introduced
>Hosts attend church
>They have funerals (dolores is in a graveyard?)
>Indians attack
>Someone gets hit with an arrow, you cant see who because its covered in shadow, possibly important character if its hidden
>Ed Harris has an "oh shit" moment it looks like
>Dolores gets a new body so it appears
>What looks like a person in a doctors robe has a mechanical arm

Also
>Snake
>This blonde has what appears to be a snake tattoo and attacks the staff in the facility

I think the point is to roleplay along a little, like ducking behind cover when a shootout begins, and not talking about modern stuff with the robots.
That's what I would do anyway. Shooting people and fucking prostitutes could be fun for a while, but I'd be there for the western adventures.

what else would be there greenhorn ?

No, he said one day they might be able to raise the dead. He was pretty affirmative about curing all disease.

>Not the technology but the immersion? I feel like it would be playing a video game in god mode, which would be fucking dull
You'll be as immersed as you allow yourself to be. Also anyone except the most delusional would NOT believe they're actually "safe" in westworld. You can still jump off a cliff and splat in the canyon below; you can still get cut on a sharp piece of metal and get an infection; you can still be stung by an insect or have a fly crawl on you.

If you treat the game as a puzzle/adventure quest, or even a simple historical recreation vacation, it could be fine and you'd never experience the god-mode issue.
Violence however does clearly indicate different rules, in which you would *absolutely* experience the god-mode effect that would dull the fun of playing heroics significantly.

X in that case is a sensation or observation, and Y is a response though. You haven't proved they can't feel, you've shown that they can.

They are not feeling anything. its a case of "if X do Y" software tells them to emulate expressions that a person feeling pain would have

>if X do Y
refer to

yeah its less like a game and more like one of those stage shows they have with stunt actors(I can't find a name now) but now the audiences is part of the "game" like in murder mystery dinners

The gun he is using has a secondary firing mode.

imfdb.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver

I wonder if thats the blonde qt from the shootout in ep 1

But that's what I'm asking though: How can the bullets from this thing go through a wall, while also not being dangerous to humans?

She's the actress from that Hercules movie with The Rock. I knew she looked familiar, but I couldn't tell from where. Hope she doesn't get immediately killed off and stays around for awhile.

>Someone gets hit with an arrow, you cant see who because its covered in shadow, possibly important character if its hidden
Didn't that happen in Ep2 though?

immersion

its information, they don't feel anything. When you feel pain you know its pain but for them "pain' is information and has same process as a gust saying no. "if X do Y" is not some new thing, its used even today in basic game AI so you are arguing that the mook you killed in uncharted 3 has feelings or that Japanese robot that can side step an object in his path can sense the world

cyclic redundancy error

how can regular bullets not be dangerous to a human?
maybe they'll explain the mechanic later, but in the movie the guns simply didn't fire towards guest due to them having a thermal sensor

For all we know Westworld is another fucking dimension with video game physics. My point is that within the context of Westworld all the guns work the same even his with the exception of him and other guests not being able to be hit with magic plot armor. It hasn't been explained fully but the whole real gun theory is based on nothing. My guess is the gun is just a symbol for, or literal piece of, her past when she was either a bad guy bandit as previously discussed in the show or just a bad ass gunslinger in general.

we get that its kind of a joke that teddy gets rekt all the time. but i get the feeling that if no one kills teddy hes going to do something dark

Youre right, it is

We also get a hint in the opening of ep 2 when the host says the guns are "real enough". Then later we explicitly see the ammunition being used and it seems to be real.

>Anyone feel like the park has a bit of a flaw in that the guests can't get hurt [by the hosts] in any way?
only if the guests paid for it, and signed a waver, could it be done in a sensible manner.
but then the issue comes that the guest would know various plot points and safeties, removing the hard edge and "thrill" of legitimate resistance/violence.

if you get tied up and were told you'll only be tied up for 2 hours, you won't be screaming for help. just waiting patiently until the next plot point

tl;dr the difference between a fetish for pain, and actual torture.

for humans pain is also information
it causes your brain to limit certain activities
it is all information

underrated post

Why does Cred Forums hate this again?

>but i get the feeling that if no one kills teddy hes going to do something dark
I think that was implied at one point in episode 1, wasn't it? In the conversation where Teddy is outside with the fly crawling on him?

except cypher is human. hell if they could feel even the basic things there would not be need to plan out every micro expression. whatever, you are taking me for a ride or have a your head up your ass

i had a Westworld = VR theory up until now

the thing is that the whole base is underground (eg. level 84 and below) basically besides a few office floors above ground

they get into the realworld park entrance by underground train

and Anthony Hopkins enters the desert by taking a fucking elevator

first I thought the whole park was a VR thing like a holodeck in Startrek with physical interaction

but what if it's a real park in the middle of nowhere and the bots are just put into the area placed by humans ?

are you pretending to be retarded? for humans pain is information but its not just information
>it causes your brain to limit certain activities
not always

>When you feel pain you know its pain
>but for them "pain' is information
knowledge is information. You still haven't made a meaningful distinction. Somehow, I'm getting the sense that you think sentience is some magical final step or something. Like Catholic ideas of "ensoulment". It's just differing levels of complexity in a system.

I fucking hate children.

act guy prob got so sick of no one letting his shit play out that he planted fucked up stuff into every robot that never gets to finish their speech

This basically sums up the plot of west world in it's entirety.

>for humans pain is information but its not just information
It's physical processes that are used to process and store and react to information? I'm not sure where you're going with this. Is the missing final step pain neurotransmitters or something?

>Well shit
yep, it was pretty shitty. the whore scenes weren't shocking either...

what the deal with this park anyway? if they are invincible, there is no risk or fun in it. Just like aspoiled video game wit 'god-mode on'. And Hopkins even knows more cheat codes.

>first I thought the whole park was a VR thing like a holodeck in Startrek with physical interaction
What made you think that? Seriously where do such dumb ideas come from, do people like you just leave the show in the background while you fold laundry?

I remember that. One of the guests was saying that there was something off about Teddy. Hopefully they revisit that. If the robots are starting to remember their past "lives", I'm sure remembering himself dying constantly in violent ways will drive him insane.

James Marsden never wins. He is the Dying Sean Bean of holding Ls.

it generates emotional and physiological response

you not only know pain but you feel it

>(c) All weapons and equipment used within Delos parks are the exclusive property of Delos, Inc. Gun ammunition contains proprietary safeguards related to bullet velocity, and tampering with gun safety features or ammunition automatically transfers liability to you and absolves Delos, Inc. of any injury or death that may occur as a result.
>(d) All livestock within the Delos parks are Hosts, with the notable exception of flies. All humanoid and animal Hosts within Delos parks work to keep guests safe, even when the narrative calls for them to appear to endanger guests. Please note, the appearance of danger is not the same as true danger, and all Hosts utilize the Good SamaritanTM reflex to prevent bodily harm. However:
>(e) Delos, Inc. shall not have a liability to you by reason of any delay or failure to perform if the delay or failure to perform is occasioned by circumstance beyond our control, which shall refer to any act of God, storm, fire, casualty, unanticipated work stoppage, power outage, satellite failure, strike, lockout, labor dispute, civil disturbance, riot, war, national emergency, Governmental action, Host malfunction, or other circumstance beyond our reasonable control.

should i watch the movie

actually Tony would'be pissed af, seeing a nigger with a white woman

They emote, and they physically react to the stimuli.
We already established that they have physical sensations. It's a big part of the series. Like the workers talking about how the whore had some physical discomfort in her lower abdomen that was the result of a MRSA infection.

why not do a full vitruvian man?

They're god of the gaps type morons that always want to fill in blanks with nonsense instead of taking on board what's evident and taking in real information.

You should've seen it already.

actually the CGI overview they have in the control room

but also because it would make sense for safety purposes

>They emote, and they physically react to the stimuli.
yet there is no feeling
>Like the workers talking about how the whore had some physical discomfort in her lower abdomen that was the result of a MRSA infection.
she had "physical discomfort" the same way she had "assertiveness/aggression" and tact. its a malfunction alert, because someone forgot to clean out the fleshlight and you would not want guests to get anything. you have seen them built from scratch, like plastic terminator

Interesting

These characters must be important I think
>Ed Harris quest leads him to something with snakes
>The lady in the shootout has a snake tattoo
>She also attacks technicians in the facility
>Escaton the bad guy never gets to read his speech the writer wrote up (possibly clues?)
>Horse with the treasure from the salloon escapes

>If you look up the name 'Escaton' on google you get
>eschaton
>(literally) the last; used in theology to refer to the world during the posthistoric era of God's overt (apocalyptic) reign, immediately preceding the end of the world.

Or a Might and Magic 8 RPG character
"At one time my ancient masters were caretakers of more worlds than there are apples in a bushel. Before the Kreegans — before the Silence — they were worlds of wonder. My masters were kings and queens of a golden civilization. _I was made_, not because I was needed, but because I could be made — a protector of that which needed no protection… a symbol of might to a mighty people. But now, and for a millennium, the Kreegan blight has eaten away the splendor of the worlds. And so have my masters fallen. They are now warlords and generals, and I am their greatest soldier." — Escaton the Destroyer

>Had a palace which was a maze with secrets rooms
>Final room in the palace being Escaton's Throne Room which is through the door on the opposite wall of this antechamber. The antechamber itself is guarded by a few Plane Guardians, Plane Protectors, and/or Plane Overlords.
>Door could be that secret elevator thats in the middle of no where that Hopkins uses

Do you think I stretching a bit too far

same
I was floored by the subtlety of the scene

>yet there is no feeling
What is feeling in your definition then, and why is it the hosts don't have it?
What does it take for a purely physical system with a complex network of sensory inputs, a way to process that input, and the ability to outwardly react to it get "feeling".

SNAKE!
Ed Harris Is Liquid Ocelot

Why? I though they already had mentioned the implications of the "White Hat" vs. "Black Hat". At least I had picked it up.

that scene where they are talking about slowing down Harris and thor's brother says that he can do whatever he wants

might be referring to the fact that he is wearing a black hat

mercs = bots
patriots = humans?
ed harris is going to set them free

D R O P P E D

VR game with god-mode on

>might be referring to the fact that he is wearing a black hat
I don't think that's it. I think plenty of people going into the park choose the black hat. Man in Black seems to be implied to have special privileges in some way.

but on meth you would

About as subtle as a typical western.

how's the PvP in Westworld?

what retarded name did goons give their guild?

Is the old westworld stuff canon?

yes

you're a next level faggot kys

scrub

why