Now that the dust has settled, what does Cred Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Now that the dust has settled, what does Cred Forums think of The Dark Knight Rises' opening plane scene?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/x1kkig_romeo-juliet-opening_shortfilms
acepilots.com/korea_bordelon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a big scene

So big that it transcends time and space

For you.

THE FIRE RISES

4 u

dailymotion.com/video/x1kkig_romeo-juliet-opening_shortfilms

its done some kind of mild psychological damage to my brain. its beyond Kino now.

No scene in the history of film has ever had as much impact

I really think about this every day. Every time I see a large male, every time I think about a plane, every time somebody mentions the CIA, every time somebody asks about a mask, every time I weigh on the scale, every time somebody mentions the want to be a Dr., every time somebody says they're not their friends, every time somebody mentions loyalty, every time somebody mentions Batman.

Holy shit. It's a part of me now. This scene is a big guy for me, and taking over my brain must have been a part of it's plan. Of course, Bravo Nolan you're a real human being and a true detective. I don't know what to do anymore. I wake up in the middle of the night and immediately yell FOR YOU! I just can't help it. Every dream I can remember for the past 6 months has had to do with this fucking scene. Even if it's just the faintest sound of the plane. Oh my God. Please save me. Somebody. I can't take it. My life is crashing with no survivors.

Yep same here.

No matter how hard I try, I can't say the word "yes" during normal conversation, it always comes out as "yesh"

It's also given me the obsessive compulsion to consume protein powder and bulk up, if for no other reason than to become a big guy like Bane

Who's the Sam Hyde of the plane crash scene?

>Korean War US pilot hero named "Guy Bordelon"
>Flies an F-4U fighter plane, only pilot in US Navy to do so.
>makes 5 confirmed kills, crashes all 5 planes .. no survivors.
>only Navy pilot ever to achieve "Ace" status in the Korean War

acepilots.com/korea_bordelon.html

someone get this hothead out of here

Where are all the hotheads?

I really am starting to think I need mental help. I've also started wearing various shades of blue lately and not until reading my own thoughts did I realize it's probably because of this fucking movie. I browse Cred Forums for around 5 hours every day and the amount of time's I've watched that plane scene in the past week is more times than I've thought of my family, friends or parents. To those who are new don't watch this, and don't get into it. I posted "BANE?" at least once a week for a year, and it has actually addled my brain. The sound of a plane alone sends me into fits of uncontrollable laughter.

FOR YOU COOP

reminder there is an Egyptian god called Banebdjedet
>is a big guy
>"lord of the sky"
>blue plane wings
>has four ewes for a head

I literally go PAVERU HAKASE, CIA DESU like 15 times a day at work. And I've never even been in Japan ffs.

Don't you mean...
>WHEN are all the hotheads?

YOU'RE A FUNGI!

>tfw watching the plane scene on repeat on an 11h flight, supressing the urge to jump out of my seat and yell something about crashing this plane

Is Aidan Gillen really aware of Baneposting?
If so, what does he think of it?

All I've heard are rumors

There's just one thing I don't understand - The movie is names as 'The dark knight rises'.
Bane said to brother, "The fire rises!".

So what was it? Batman or Fire?

>Is Aidan Gillen really aware of Baneposting?

Of coursh he is. Literally impossible to avoid it in this day and age.

What I meant is, is there any documented evidence of this?

As in, is there an archived thread anywhere, where someone describes approaching and asking him about it? Or anything like that?

YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD PAVEL
I'M SENDIN YA TO THE FOOKIN SKARCH M8

The fire was the dark knight
It was subtle, Nolan films are clever like that

Do you feel in charge?

Of coarsch

There was an article where he adresses the shopped watch on his Vale trip picture. Subtle, but he knows it.

Bravo.

Why is one of them expected in the wreckage? Who is bane referring to when he says "they" ?

It's a logical inconsistency, just sloppy writing.

CIA says the flight plan lists "one of you", which would mean it lists ONE of Bane's men in the plane, and therefore ONE of them is expected in the wreckage.

However, it makes no sense because Bane calls CIA on his bluff ("or perhaps he's wondering..."), so he knows the flight plan probably lists all 3 prisoners, and that CIA never intended to actually shoot or throw anyone out of the plane.

the plane scene has so many plotholes, it's amazing they don't converge into a supermassive black plothole

Ahh, makes sense. I just thought it was weird that Bane would care about such formality in the first place when he just killed a bunch of federal agents anyway

Has anyone here ever discussed how the skydiver hits his head on the plane?

>Oh, you think cameltoe is your ally?

>CIA
>Bane
>Plane
Notice the prevalence of the hard "A" sound in the three major aspects of TDKR opening scene. A, the first letter in the alphabet, the alpha in "alpha and omega." Alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, what the God of Christianity refers to himself as. Emphasis on the "beginning", as this scene opens the film. God also refers to himself in 3 distinct parts: the father, son, and holy spirit.

Bane, CIA, and the plane represent the holy trinity. Bane, the mastermind behind the plane heist, tests CIA's abilities. In a similar manner to the way God tested his son, Jesus. Bane has already rendered CIA's fate predetermined, he must suffer and die in the plane crash to bring about future events. The plane itself acts as an impersonal vessel for the event, it exists as temple for Bane and CIA to interact. When Bane asks why CIA would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane, he's asking why CIA doesn't have faith in the plane's abilities, as if being thrown out of the plane wouldn't guarantee the man's death. It's God asking Jesus why he would lose faith in The Holy Spirit, why he would doubt its abilities.

God has often been referred to as "The Big Guy Upstairs." When CIA calls Bane a "big guy", he represents Jesus questioning his father's motives, asking why he must suffer if his father is big and strong enough to save him from his suffering. When Bane replies "For you", he is saying two things at once. First: that he is being a big guy for him, it's God saying that it hurts him to watch his son suffer, but it's something that must be done, it's tough love. Second: that Bane and CIA are one in the same, that the bigness of Bane's guy includes both CIA and the Holy Plane. That they are 3 different faces of the same being and one cannot exist without the other two. The final word, "Crashing this plane with no survivors" indicates the end times, when God in all his facets bring about the apocalypse and all the unworthy are purged.

biggest since the silent era

Literally every time I hear the word "big", in any context, I have to stifle a giggle. If the context is "x is a big y", I can't stifle it.

it's gotten to the point where i am super triggered if i only see someone in the street wearing a light blue shirt and a darker jacket over it. i need fucking therapy

>tfw first one to talk gets to stain Maier Kraft

what the fuck CIA??

please screencap this

fuck i love this flick

CRASHING THIS THREAD

For cinema.

>Google it
>It's no bullshitting real

Are we retroactively changing history with memes? Or was the Big Guy inside humanity all along, waiting for CIA to unlock it?

I unironically like it. Not because of memes. I think it's a good action cold open to the film.

I thought it was a decent scene and found it bizarre with how it took off as a meme. I still don't understand the obsession with it.

>airbus
don't worry it'll crash anyways

>Dr dur dur Im hur hur dur
Fuck off!!!!!!!

Normal scene. Nothing special. Shouldn't be memed.

UUUU

Leave us.

If I pull off that brace, will he die?

the dust rises again

When will this stop?

THE FIRE WALK WITH ME RISES

This can't be happening

H O T H E A D

>From the 2000 Dune mini series

>Or was the Big Guy inside humanity all along, waiting for CIA to unlock it?
I think you answered your own question, user. He's been here since the very beginning.

Who wins?

Werder Bremen never wins, so
BANE!

Fucking retard

Don't worry, it's the altered one with the dubs hand

>you will never actually watch "Planecrasher"

why live ;_;

Holy fuck why did this title get me

I've heard about you.
Didn't think you that big.

I'm big when it's useful

Saddam Hussein, I'm USA.

>SOME FOLKS WERE BORN
>MAAAAADE TO WEAR THE MASK
>I'M A BIG GUY FOR YOUUUUU

was becoming eternal a part of his plan?

Dr. Goebbels, I'm NSDAP

>bane thread stays up for 4 fucking hours

MODS

fuck off reddito

Found the hothead

>tfw it actually sounds like "mosquito"

brilliant

>4

the dust will never settle, so long as the fire continues to rise

I like it.

>You're a big guy.
>Fuck you.