Leagally forbidden to reference Army of Darkness

>Leagally forbidden to reference Army of Darkness
>Still throw in as many nods as they can

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2016/07/22/comic-con-2016-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-reference-army-of-darkness-in-season-2
nerdrepository.com/ash-evil-dead-interview-bruce-campbell-canon-fandom/
youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is it worth watching? Have only seen Army of Darkness.

like what? the leaping chainsaw grab?

Only if you liked it,

Yes, but you should probably watch the first two Evil Dead movies before getting into it.

>Leagally forbidden to reference Army of Darkness
This is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard

I'm not saying it's not true but what the actual fuck

Damn, Ted Raimi looks weird nowadays

Owned by a different studio that refuses to play ball.

But why? What kind of lawyer says "We're not going to squander the financial value of our partial IP rights to a genericized K-Mart satire, an Arthurian time travel subplot and a steampunk robot hand from a movie that was released 24 years ago"?

Lawyers and the law are crazy, even Bruce spoke about this was like "shyeah, good luck with that."

He hasn't changed much

The Studio allowed them to reference Army of Darkness from season 2 onward.

>Starz renews Ash vs Evil Dead for Season 3 less than an hour ago
lol

This is gonna be on for a decade

Groovy news.

i hope so

Yeah but watch the Evil Dead 1 and 2 first

Please have Hudson Leick in S3, I want a Xena/Hercules reunion so bad, isn't Iolaus a director on this too?

Yes, I found it to be really entertaining

>Great callback to the movies
>Ash playing Ash
>Blood
>Gore
>Ash bantz
>Violence
>Monsters
What's not to like?

Noice

what even is this show? and why did I stop hearing buzz for it the moment it aired?

Fucking yes.

He actually directed the diner siege episode, which I think we can all agree was the best one of the whole season?

>what even is this show?
The continuation of the Evil Dead trilogy, from the same people who brought you shows like Spartacus.

I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy epic chainsaw hand lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

No one watches Starz.

Hudson Leick will always be a bizarre mystery to me

>be incredibly attractive
>be at the very least an above average actress who completely nailed a violent crazy chick role that everybody loved
>have literally no career whatsoever afterwards, play unnamed extras in single episodes of various series or first victims in opening scenes of low budget horror movies

probably didnt want to play ball with the hollyweird pervs. Shes a good girl

they said they can reference it now
if they can actually show footage from the movie or go into the details is another thing

Is it just me or is his face twice as big as it used to be?

It's always been like that

Than when? Xena? Because he was actually quite rotund in early seasons in burn Notice but he steadily lost the weight as it went one, he's pretty trim now for someone in their late 50s

Evil Dead 2>Army of Darkness>Ash>Evil Dead 1

ign.com/articles/2016/07/22/comic-con-2016-ash-vs-evil-dead-will-reference-army-of-darkness-in-season-2

No, Campbell said last month they can't.

If only he didn't have those dumbfuck sidekicks around all the time it'd be a 10/10.

I love live action animation scenes, that bar scene with everyone shitting on Ash was straight out of an animation, it was funny as fuck.

>I love live action animation scenes, that bar scene with everyone shitting on Ash was straight out of an animation, it was funny as fuck.

You need to watch more movies

why?a

Your first frame of reference to that scene is "wow it's like something from a cartoon!", don't know anyone who would actually admit that.

Ok, virgin. Now go back to masturbating to underage girls and having no friends.

So when you say "You need to watch more movies" you mean "you need to watch certain, specific movies"?

Fuck off, anime faggot.

God damn Bruce Campbell is awesome.

I never mentioned anime you pathetic cretin

All the same shit, you pathetic dweeb.

You are autistic as fuck m8.

Says the faggot who watches animation and not movies. MUUUUM IT LOOOKEDS LIKE A CARTOOON ZOMGGG

nerdrepository.com/ash-evil-dead-interview-bruce-campbell-canon-fandom/

>On whether Army of Darkness is part of the show’s continuity, since it isn’t referenced in the first episode:

>Bruce Campbell: Correct in that it’s not material that we can do legally, so we’re not going to do it. It’s a whole complicated bunch of legal mumbo jumbo that’s not even worth going into. The three movies were made by three different companies. So that should tell you to call your uncle the lawyer and talk to him about it. He’ll laugh. He’ll go “Really, three movies, three companies and you want to make a TV show? This should be fun.”

>So it’s very complicated to put together. And I’m just really grateful that it all worked out. Here we are. But it means there are things we can include, things we can’t. But, you know, everything that Ash needed was in the first two movies anyway. Anything he ever used, so it’s all good.

kill yourself you weird fuck.

>>Starz renews Ash vs Evil Dead for Season 3 less than an hour ago
brooby

Based Starz

you first, friendless faggot.

They literally referenced it in the first episode

Is it groovy? I'm thinking of getting into it...

Evil dead 2>ash vs evil dead>army of darkness>evil dead remake>evil dead

this

Bruce said he wanted 5 seasons.

>Army of Darkness not at the top

I'll swallow your soul!!!!

>Is it groovy? I'm thinking of getting into it...

Give it a whirl, first season has its weak points to be sure but nothing completely off putting and those last 3 episodes were goddamn crazy.

It's very groovy.

Where do you put "My Name Is Bruce" in your rating?

Nice pasta faggot. It's a bit salty
though....

>Give it a whirl, first season has its weak points
Episodes were too short If I remember S1 were like barely 20mins I hope they keep the 30+ in S2

He's right.

1980 Evil Dead > evil dead remake > evil dead 2 = evil dead tv series > army of darkness

imo of course

Yes it's totally out of sight hip. I can dig it.

Haven't seen it. Does it tie into the evil dead series or something? Or just a separate Bruce movie? Either way I can dig it

Yeah ideally I wouldn't mind 40 minutes but 30 is a nice round number, also the use of CG blood could have easily been swapped with squibs for a better overall effect, but it's always helpful to remember Bruce has said in the past he fucking HATES the stuff they use for blood, the smell and most definitely the taste, and for something like Evil Dead with tons of gore you better believe you're going to swallow a couple table spoons, and that's if you're lucky

Is this a "fun" kind of show like his previous ones?

youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc

yes

What it is, daddy-o?

I love Jack of All Trades and The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.

In "My Name is Bruce," actor Bruce Campbell is lured to a town being attacked by an angry Chinese ghost because he's the guy that starred in the Evil Dead movies and a redneck kid from the town somehow assumes that means he actually knows how to deal with stuff like this.

I'm trying to think of something else with that general premise. The Three Amigos?

Sounds pretty good especially if Bruce hams it up. Will check out

Galaxy Quest!

The weird thing is you can definitely see where it influenced Ash vs. Evil Dead. Little things like him living alone in a broken down trailer surrounded by bad memories but still drunk and horny.

I never knew how much I wanted this until this exact second

i have all 4 shirts he uses throughout the movie

i only watched it once on netflix and from what i remember, its really not that great compared to anything else he's done. but i was sure as fuck glad to see Bruce motherfucking Campbell in another movie.

it's waaay better than man with the screaming brain

But it doesn't stack up to Alien Apocalypse

Does it hurt, being this autismal?

Aww shit son get hyped!

Can't wait for the new season.

Still crushing on her even today

I've been wondering why they never mentioned AoD in Ash V Evil Dead

>I just watched this and I spent the entire series repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.
>I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.
>writhing around on the floor for 30 min

This is good to hear, I fucking love this show but no one I know has Starz and most people on here don't have it, so I've been wondering if it was getting good ratings