Is the whole Sean Connery movies being the best Bond movies a meme?

Is the whole Sean Connery movies being the best Bond movies a meme?

I plan on watching all the bond movies and just saw the first two and im not really seeing the fuss at all. In fact I found Dr No and From Russia with love to be quite boring.

Mind you my first Bond movies were the Pierce Brosnan ones. and I didn't mind a few of the roger Moore ones when they were on tv.

They don't take themselves seriously and Connery has swagger. They're not great or maybe not even good movies but they're still better than any other Bond schlock they put out.

>I didn't mind a few of the roger Moore ones

Well you're a pleb, that's your problem.

>They don't take themselves seriously

Yes they do.

>They're not great or maybe not even good movies

Fuck off.

kys

You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever are kinda goofy but the other Connery films play it relatively straight considering the entire premise of the franchise centers around a secret agent with laser watches and submersible cars and shit.

Honestly you sound like a young person. These movies aren't for you. They came out in a practically different world.

im 26.

Usually don't mind old movies. maybe my bond film experience has been tainted because of modern ones
But really even as a stand alone experience I'm not seeing the fuss about Sena Connery's Bond movies

or are the first two really just slow since they are still figuring out their groove?

are you me?

is goldfinger better than the first two?

>inb4 that one user who thinks dalton is the best bond and will quote flemings original description of bond and will say he is the most accurate.

fucking hate these bond threads

Watch The Name of the Rose. The only decent Sean Connery movie. You're wasting time with James Bond, kid.

The GOAT Connery film is You Only Live Twice. If you don't enjoy that one there is something wrong with you

Sean Connery is the most handsome man ever.
No homo, but I would let him sperm my boyhole.

I recently watched all of the bond films in the past few months. They definitely hadn't figure out the groove yet, and "From Russia" especially doesn't really fit the Bond formula at all. That said, it has one of the more original plots, and by the time you get to "The Spy who Loved Me" and "Moonraker", which literally have exactly the same plot with a submarine and a spaceship respectively, you will be missing it.

I think you're confused

The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker are remakes of You Only Live Twice, not From Russia with Love, which has little in common with any of them

>my first Bond movies were the Pierce Brosnan ones

well shit theres your problem right there, you were poisoned by Brosnan and probably Goldeneye. He's arguably one of the worst Bonds and easily the most overrated. Those later movies of his damn near killed the whole franchise with all the stupid bullshit they tried to pull.

>From Russia With Love
>Not the best Bond movie

My friend, I mean it is original compared to those two. Also You only live twice is about Blofeld instigating war between Soviets and US. The other two are closer in plot because the villain wants to re-start life on the planet and wait it out undersea (The spy who loved me) or in space (moonraker). Bond also teams up with a foreign spy working the same case in both.

Ah, I misread your post. Damn my poor reading comprehension

You see, masculinity is not defined by sporadic autistics movements, it is cultured over time.

The Connery Bond Movies are, as a whole, pretty damn good. Goldfinger is the best. You Only Live Twice is the weakest. There are certainly other very good Bond movies that came later though. The Spy Who Loved Me is very good. I do think that GoldenEye is a very good Bond film, and was perfect for 1995 and in relaunching the Bond franchise at that time.