Why do people give Marvel shit for looking like TV? I've never seen anything on TV that looks like this

Why do people give Marvel shit for looking like TV? I've never seen anything on TV that looks like this.

Let's make it piss yellow.

No. TV tries to look like Marvel, like DC. TV these days is trying too hard to look cinematic, but it's fucking television, and the problem is it looks cheaper than cinema but tries putting on airs. Have you seen Gotham? That shit is the cheapest looking Eastern European slap job I've ever seen, it looks fucking fake.

I wrote Boofy the Vimpare Slibbled. Pls gib me dat.

Gotham looks like shit because they film it in NYC. 90% of their budget goes toward filming permits, so they have to use local hire crews that likely teach part time at New York Film Academy.

Because Whedon and Russos soft lighting and neutral filters which are conducive to how a lot of TV shows light their sets to add a 'humanistic' quality to character scenes like you're watching a homemovie.
The used the same director of photography for Guardians of the Galaxy and Age of Ultron, but one had the excuse of being more colorful and jaded while the other one aimed for being as dreary as possible.

Trent Opaloch was the DoP for WS and Civil War. He's best known for his work on District 9 though which was a movie shot candidly as if the audience were the third party and the chaos that ensues feels all the more real through shaky cam and quick cuts. That's exactly what he was going for and nailed in WS, but in CW it fell short because most people don't know how to accommodate for characters that are half CGI.

i wonder if they are trying to go for a consistent look for both their tv and film properties. I haven't seen any of the tv stuff though? would anyone agree?

Agents of SHIELD looks bland and unintersting. The Netflix stuff has a bit of style.

I agree, there are even superhero tv shows like the Flash we can compare it too and its miles ahead of anything they have to offer.

>90% of their budget goes toward filming permits, so they have to use local hire crews that likely teach part time at New York Film Academy.
[citation not needed, but would be appreciated]

google new york city filming permits
it caused a massive uproar like 8 years ago because it fucked over a bunch of small-time sketch comedy crews that filmed their low budget sketches with each other in NY

>I've never seen anything on TV that looks like this.

Thank god for that

No the Netflix shows are actually competently and stylishly shot.

They're far superior to the movies in pretty much every area but far better on any technical level.

I thought the avengers were supposed to be the big 4, not widow and arrowboy

is it cause they wouldnt be able to carry the flicks alone? bad chemistry?

What video game is this?

What the FUCK is the point of Black Widow or Hawkeye?

And this fucking loser couldn't beat a dude with no powers with a shield.

In AoU, Hawkeye is the "heart" of the group. Just a normal guy with a family, who happens to rock the bow and arrow. Wasn't executed great, but basically, he's the audience insert.

Widow is on the infiltration/espionage side of things. They haven't shown nearly enough of it, but TWS really touched on her skill set well.

As far as why they're charging headfirst
into a war zone along with the actual bruisers is fucking beyond me. Probably just wanted the shot of all 6 to make it look cool and assure people that they're worthwhile characters.

Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter look and feel like the movies. The Netflix shows are very different in style and cinematography though.

Yeh, in close-quarters combat against two super-strong soldiers with actual martial arts training, while your targeting systems are down, your little wrist laser is spent, and explosives are not an option because you're in a bunker that would collapse and kill you too.

Not to mention that vibranium is basically the MCU's adamantium

>Agents of SHIELD look and feel like the movies
Not really.

PEEPEE WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU IT'S THE GHOST OF WOJACK

looks like star wars rebels or some shit, garbage.

They look like romcoms. BvS was visually stunning

>a multimillion dollar budget movie doesn't look any different from a CW show done with pocket change

they make billions every damn year why are they so fucking cheap?