Why do we have to pretend that James Rolfe is some seasoned cinephile? He has proven he doesnt know shit about film...

Why do we have to pretend that James Rolfe is some seasoned cinephile? He has proven he doesnt know shit about film, by making that awful attempt at a feature. He has already killed his credibility.

James is based as fuck

knowing about film =/= knowing how to make one

>Star Wars fanboy
opinion discarded

james is fucking based, it's a shame that monster madness is ending this year

He never claimed to be a seasoned cinephile, and if he did, I doubt he'd be talking about the merits of Frankenhooker. He's just a regular dude who likes genre stuff.

Although I think Brain Damage is a way better Henrenlotter movie than Frankenhooker.

I don't think he really even claims to be some sort of "seasoned cinephile."

He more of a genuine film fan who enjoys movies and likes talk about them. Nothing wrong with that.

What are you doing other then complaining about this shit, seasoned youtube critic?

He's just an average basement dwelling film geek.

The problem is he's obsessed with the wrong kind of films (horror/sci-fi) which are on average the shittiest kind with the lowest barriers of entry.

If he was a basement geek who was also super into film theory and formalism, he might have actually been able to make a good film.

He knows a lot about the Universal horrors, I'll give him that, he clearly watched them a million times as a kid, we all have that selection of childhood films we're all too familiar with, but outside of them he knows fuck all. You can tell when he's doing reviews of more modern horror movies, even things like 80s onwards he's just winging it and repeating the Wikipedia / IMDB trivia section. Then when it comes to moves he clearly didn't watch as a kid (anything other than Hammer / Universal) you can tell he's completely fucking clueless, that Eraserhead review was a joke.

He's clearly a simpleton. He bashes people for refusing to watch black and white movies but once said I hate watching subtitled movies because it's hard to read and keep up with the movie at the same time. He literally said that.

>that james and mike video where he asked how can apes exist today if we supposedly evolved from them

He's a pleb making shit for plebs

I don't think making a "good" film was ever his goal.

He literally stated his opinion regarding subtitles? The fucking nerve of some people, man. It's ridiculous.

Classic Godzilla movies are more fun dubbed into English anyway, so he's not entirely wrong.

Director =/= Critic, reviewer, etc

>Why do we have to pretend that James Rolfe is some seasoned cinephile?
james is just a guy who enjoys horror films. no he won't be writing for sight and sound any time soon. but he knows his audience, and his audience knows him, so who gives a fuck? what use is there getting upset that a guy whose claim to fame is 'the angry video game nerd' isn't some highbrow cinephile? it's pretty clear he's targetting these videos at people who don't really watch many old films and they are an all right taster session.

Woah what? Fucking why?

>Why do we have to pretend that James Rolfe is some seasoned cinephile?
We don't, neither does he.

Some people just like fantastical entertainment movies. It's not like he has bad taste in that type of movie.

>If he was a basement geek who was also super into film theory and formalism, he might have actually been able to make a good film.
t. I watch YourMovieSucks and RLM

true but he is a guy who reviewed 'eraserhead' the other day and said 'uhh it doesnt work and wouldnt work if it was made today but its so weird'. what a total ignorant idiot! Eraserhead is one of the most important american films of all time, a surrealist masterpiece, James Franco or whatever has no right talking about it

He did a video saying that this is the tenth anniversary, and he feels it's time to move on. Besides, he's probably running out of stuff to recommend anyway, so it's probably for the best.

>I hate watching subtitled movies because it's hard to read and keep up with the movie at the same time. He literally said that.
He said he would rather focus on the actors' faces. I almost exclusively watch subtitled movies and I agree with that, nobody reads subtitles because they love reading subtitles.

James should make a guest appearance on a Best of the Worst: Horror edition. He could get drunk with Mike while drinking Rolling Rocks and discussing Horror B movies with Jay

Lynch fans are the worst, I swear to god. Well, not as bad as Tarantino fans I guess, but still pretty insufferable.

>'uhh it doesnt work and wouldnt work if it was made today but its so weird'
That's not even close to what he said you dumbfuck. Take off the David Lynch fanboy glasses for a single second.

>faces important to cinema

how old is james' kitty???

>acting is not important

holy fuck you are retarded

He was the first reviewer. He changed the way we view everything. We hate him because we all are becoming.._._him or rich evans

He knows 0 about film theory, critique or aesthetics en general. Like 95% of this board, he just says whatever first stupid idea come to his mind, and then pretends it is actually relevant to someone with knowledge in film.

I'll give him that he has seen a lot of mass produced retarded horror flicks.

>film theory, critique or aesthetics

Chris Stuckmann, is that you?

I miss all the memes about him being a cuck, the dying baby daughter, the coal burning wife, etc.

Those were the days.

Yeah, I only watch horror flicks where they only produced a limited quantity!

from watching his shit he seems to know about goofball LMAO xD horror, old as shit horror (Univeral monsters) and jap monster movies. I'd love to hear him talk more about the genre.

Cred Forums is still alive and kicking, for better or worse.

kys

no acting is not important. cinema isn't fucking theater.

An actor is nothing more than someone trained to pretend to not be watched.

I figured he had a few years left, with the rest of Universal, Hammer, and Friday the 13th.

He already did Universal Frankenstein and Mummy, Hammer Frankenstein and Dracula, all of Friday the 13th.

He did and I forgot. Whoops.

Don't try to scrape that shit off your shoe. That's a certified Cred Forums shitpost that never caught on anywhere else.

there's always going to be horror movies to cover but if he feels it's run its course then fair enough.

>you have to be able to make a movie to discuss one
thats bullshit and you know it

otherwise this board would have maybe 10 posters at most