More than a decade later neither marvel nor dc has made a movie half as good as this

>more than a decade later neither marvel nor dc has made a movie half as good as this
Dark Knight was good, but why is Spider-Man 2 still the gold standard for capeshit?

>he thinks Spider-Man 2 is better than Spider-Man 1

It is.
Spiderman 1 is okish.

You can't top perfection. The Exorcist was made decades ago but it's still the gold standard for possession horror films, The Godfather was made decades ago but it's still the gold standard for gangster films, Young Frankenstein and Airplane! were made decades ago but they're still the gold standard for parody films.

Who cares
Homecomeing is gonna beat the shit out of anyone of them

OP is right.
Spider-Man 1 is far better than "okish". It's not as good as Spider-Man 2 but it's one of the top 5 best capeshit movies.

The Shining is superior to the Exorcist, and Goodfellas is superior The Godfather.

On an unrelated note, Spiderman 2 is probably my favorite capeshit movie poster as well as movie. One of the very few I wouldn't mind hanging in my room.

i can agree with you, spider man 2 is best FAMILY capeshit

but this, this is for MEN

You can't beat perfection I'm afraid

>The Shining
>possession horror film
The film never really makes it clear whether Jack is becoming possessed or going insane.

He pretty clearly gets possessed you plebian

>literally who director
>everything is being tightly controlled by Kevin Feige and Disney
It won't be bad but there's no way it'll be better than the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies. The best capeshit movies were made by directors who had style and some creative control. The only outstanding MCU movies are Iron Man and Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Iron Man was made before Disney bought Marvel and made everything as streamlined as possible.

It's probably not a possession in the traditional sense, but evil spirits were definitely to blame for Jack's behavior.

I know in the novel it's very clear he was possessed but the movie seems to be intentionally vague on whether Jack was possessed or insane. Anyway, when I said "possession horror film" I meant "exorcism horror film". There have been a billion exorcism horror films since The Exorcist came out but all of them pale in comparison to it.

"The Winter Soldier" was made long after Disney's acquisition.

I'm aware of that. The Winter Soldier is the exception. Every other post-Disney MCU movie is either mediocre or enjoyable but forgettable.

>he thinks TWS was good
I don't get this meme. it's literally no different from any other Marvel movie

actually its the strikeout darling of phase 2 of the mcu universe.

its basically a bourne movie.

The first two acts play out more like a spy thriller than capeshit. The third act is woefully generic "WE GOTTA HAVE A GIANT FINAL BATTLE" bullshit but the first two acts are pretty unique compared to the rest of the MCU.

The final battle isn't even particularly big aside from when they blow up the airships in the end. It's mostly Cap fighting the Winter Soldier and grunts, Falcon running from a helicopter and Nick Fury discussing politics with Robert Redford.

Blade > Spider-Man 2