The Sopranos, The Wire, _______

>The Sopranos, The Wire, _______

What's the last one, Cred Forums?

The X-Files

Breaking bad

Those 3 shows are always in the run for GOAT

I know Cred Forums is contrarian as fuck against BB but it's true.

Seinfeld

>implying anything else can compete

BREAKING BAD

>Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, _________.

Inb4 reddit says Mad Men.

The show sucks mad cock

MAD MEN

Oh kb reddit!nnnn!

walking dead

archer :^) :^) :^)

gommora

Pic. Related

The Curb Your Enthusiasm.

...and Deadwood, to cap off the holy trinity of overrated garbage.

Blossom

Curb is a pretty pretty pretty good show but sitcoms deserve their own list. This is essential /patriciankino/

Mad Men

Carnivale

>Cowboy Bebop, Dragonball Z, _______

What's the next one, Cred Forums?

Two and a half men the early seasons with Charlie

The new western cannon for the TV times.

>/patriciankino/

fuck me

the memes are reproducing on their own

The Wire wasn't actually good. Only "black culture" fanboys rated it.

>Oh my god its so real
>Yeah i heard even the police radios went quiet because they all watched it because it was so informational and accurate
>Suburb numales got their fight glimpse of the hood because there weren't even any blacks at their school
>hood niggas are like noble knights and shit
>i wish i could suck on idris elbas dick

Ghost in the Shell?
Whatever was in that Toonami lineup

twin peaks

When you get over your irrational fear of niggers you will realize the wire was goat and treme is the most underrated show ever.

hey guys, random questiom here: now that series like sopranos, the wire, oz, all these classic hbo shows are long gone, i would imagine hbo doesnt make much money off them anymore, except for dvd sales and stuff. why wouldnt hbo consider like having these shows edited for regular tv and have them run in syndication on like fox or cbs or whatever. i mean wouldnt that make hbo a lot more money off these properties? im sure tons of people whove never had hbo who only have had regular tv their whole lives would tune in

Gundam Wing

whatever HBO fanboy nerd.

Breaking Bad/Mad Men/True Detective are the only choices we have here.

Argento Soma

Azumanga Daioh

Artistic integrity for lack of a better word. Showtime toyed with the idea of syndicating dexter, but eventually chose not to because editing down for syndication would really compromise what the show was about.

I don't like got
I don't like girls
I don't like datetime.datetime.year() man
I don't like mahr
I don't like ballers

Oz

>game of thrones
This is the most overrated show list right?

Madmen, obviously.

The only reason to watch The Sopranos is if you've wasted your time on everything else. I mean jerked off 4 times, and can't think of anything else to do. Even then, I'd probably pick up War and Peace before I'd sit through one episode of The Sopranos.

I assume y'all haven't mentioned Sanford and Son because it's such an obvious choice.

Nip Tuck or The Flinstones

8kr
Kino is for reddit underage newfags

Deadwood being left incomplete, it can lay claim to be the unfinished masterpiece that would blow all our cocks off.

>I know Cred Forums is contrarian as fuck against BB but it's true.

No, we're just not all 13. That show is a pastiche of every drug dealer B action movie ever turned into a series.

You probably liked it until it became as big as it did. I remember season 1 going way under the radar. Breaking Bad was the first mainstream cable show to do what it did.

Band of Brothers

True detective but it's in ascending order

Hate to say it, but Breaking Bad. It's still a decent show amongst all the shitbiscuits that are being thrown out lately. The first season of True Detective can be considered there too.

good bait m8

Seinfeld and you are a pleb if you don't think so.

He was right about you being 13, sopranos did it 10 years earlier.

The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men is the godly trinity.

Deadwood, Rome, Six Feet Under is the angelic trinity.

Anyone who thinks the Simpsons wasn't the best show ever created genuinely needs to be put in an oven.

>irrational fear of niggers

when you get over your irrational fear of the truth, then you have my permission to post

>Mad Men
literally a soap opera for numales

it's legacy has been tainted

if it ended at around 9 or 10 it would be eternal GOAT

It's legacy hasn't been tainted, it had 7 seasons of pure and consistent writing that has been unrivalled as of yet to date. It's also the most rewatchable show anyone has mentioned in this thread

I see no Sex and the City in this thread. /tv has gone to the dogs lately.

The Shield

Spice and Wolf.

couldn't agree more

Mad Men

The big bazinga theory.

Soap operas are melodramatic and the characters are caricatures. Mad Men is the opposite of a soap opera.

I found Mad Men to be the most boring, pointless show I've ever seen. I stopped watching it after six episodes. I didn't care about what was going on in the show at all.

Fuck you.

kill yourself

House of Cards, The Americans, _______

What's the last

My 15 year old sister couldn't finish Breaking Bad because "it was really really boring"

wasnt enough cute anime girls for you? fucking retard

>replying to that poster

when someone posts something that demonstrates retardation or is obvious reply fishing your best course of action is to ignore it.

Nothing will ruin this poster night faster than you not taking the bait

>bitching about anime pictures on Cred Forums
Where do you think you are?

I would say six feet under of BrBa

She's right, it's intensely overrated teenageboycore. It's liked by a lot of older people, but these are all worker drones who should rightly be denied the franchise.

This would be a strong insult if anime wasn't objectively the best television.

The Breaking Bad

Anime fags and cartoon fags are exactly the same group of people that hate each other with a passion.

Both are tasteless, smug and feel superior for enjoying their programs.

I say this as someone who's seen most of the good animes. I hate that I can't talk about anime on Cred Forums or in real life because of fuckos who belong to some low iq """""""fandom""""""

>All this hate for breaking bad

Breaking Bad was universally praised on Cred Forums up until season the end of season 3, then it started to get popular in the mainstream. Is it really so bad that a few plebs enjoy the same shows as you?. Be honest.

Deadwood.

>The Joy of Painting

This is about shows that help you go to sleep, right?

A looped black-and-white shot of shit tumbling out of a cow's anus.

is it so hard to believe some people genuinely thought the show got worse as it progressed?

Hey thanks

Why not be the change you wish to see, my nigga?

Is it so hard to believe some people really come to profess a dislike for popular things because it makes them feel superior to others?

I know it's a sacred cow on Cred Forums, I just don't see why.

I first started posting on Cred Forums to talk about how much I hated that show. Reddit always censored and deleted my comments

This is a common projection - peasants think everyone as craven as they be.

How do I know you're not trying to put down people criticizing breaking bad to feel superior about yourself? You can't take posts on the internet on anything but their face value.

I went 5.5 SEASONS of it before finally dropping it.

I think the praise it gets is just that it is a meme as fuck show that not many have seen so the autists here try to say they are part of a secret club.

It's dogshit.
Mad Men is absolute dogshit.

>that not many have seen

tell me have you ever left the basement?

Tv: The Sopranos, The Wire, Curb your Enthusiasm

Animated tv: The Simpsons*, Futurama*, Bob's Burgers

Documentaries: Attenborough, Theroux

Reality tv: Cops, Unsolved Mysteries, Hansen vs Predator

:^)

It's not even dogshit. It's just nothing. Nothing interesting happens. Like, in some shows lots of shit happens and it's all obnoxious or bad, but Mad Men can't even manage that, it's just nothingness.

It's like watching paint dry, except with alcoholism. I'd rather watch fucking Antiques Roadshow, at least every once in a blue moon something interesting gets appraised.

Iron Chef, Good Eats, __________

Mad Men

L O S T but only if you watched it live. Watching it a decade later really is not representative of what watching the show live was like at all.

A looped black-and-white film of shit tumbling from a cow's anus.

It's a period drama, and people watch those so rarely they feel like they're smart or classy for watching it.

But fuck, I'd rather watch Boardwalk Empire, Deadwood, or Deutschland 83.

Breaking Bad

Yeah.
Was this supposed to be funny?
Sounds like you haven't left it

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Fucking five and a half seasons and when I call it out on what it is some Mad Men cuck tells me "durr ADD?1!"
It's the most overrated show I've ever seen and it isn't even close.

Mad Men posters should fuck off to knowyourmeme or somewhere

>live

It wasn't transmitted live.

> except with alcoholism

Literally confirmed for not watching it. Alcoholisim is only an issue in the show twice and the first time isn't until season 4

>he didn't watch it live

problem?

Hell's Kitchen :-)

Freddy gets sent to rehab in like season one or two, faggot.

I'm not that guy, I'm the 5.5 seasons guy and the show sucks fucking dick. Like, huge BBC

Stop over rating it, it's fucking terrible. Literally below Boardwalk Empire

Westworld

It was never shown live, it's filmed.

is she hot?

man vs food

>he didn't watch it live

problem confirmed

i'm amazed nobody has said it was a "character study" yet
that used to be the go-to meme for any show that didn't have a plot and was all boring relationship drama

I barely made it through the first season of Sopranos. Italian Mafia characters and dialogue are so cringe inducing.

Nah, I like many popular shows.
But it became trash post season 3

Mad Men

Freddy is a tertiary character. IIRC he's only even in about 3/4 of that episode

This could have been funny if you weren't such a fucking peasant.

Nobody who watches TV shows should have internet access. You're begging to get your manacles put back on.

meh its one of three (non-comedy) shows I've been able to actually finish

Its not above criticism like the Sopranos. In fact I can point out a lot wrong with Mad Men but its better than most stuff. saying "nothing happens" just means you're a pleb. A show where "nothing happens" is breaking bad.

rick and morty xD

kek plebs are so easy to argue with. Do you even remember what this conversation is about. You claimed the show was "about alcoholisim"

1 episode with a character who isn't all that important, or even in that whole episode doesn't and the issue untouched for 2 more seasons hardly sounds like a show about alcoholisim. But yes, I'm the one who moved the goal posts not your turbo pleb ass.

Keep crying bitch nigger. Mad Men > The wire

>You claimed the show was "about alcoholisim"

Where did anyone say Mad Men is "about alcoholism"? And what the fuck does it have to do with The Wire? Are you literally high?

gilmore girls.

If you're a pussy, then Mad Men

>nobody mentions Always Sunny

It is the greatest show ever made. God-tier comedy, just incredible entertainment for 11 seasons. 12th coming soon, too.

>just incredible entertainment for 11 seasons.

It was only incredibly for 6 seasons. Seasons 2-7. Season 1, and 8 are above average. Seasons 9 and 10 are okay and season 11 was straight up bad.

the first seasons of Community are the only thing that I consider close to gold era Simpsons. There is something about the character development that seems very related

Its Boardwalk empir...

hahahaha I can't even. Fuck that show. Can't believe I got suckered into watching 4 seasons

ok pleb

South Park.

Ask ten different people precisely when the show was good and you'll get twelve different answers, but at some point that show was 10/10.

Quintessential /comfy/core

Sopranos x mad men x malcom in the middle

I never noticed a severe drop in quality like everybody says, and season 11 was better than 10, it even had one of my favorite episodes in Mac & Dennis Move To The Suburbs

MAD MEN if you disagree you can fuck off my board

South Park is a show that's 10/10 universally praised but is still always underrated

It got really though.

IASIP is the only show I know of where if you read a summary of the episode you'd think its something like Friends or HIMYM or BAZINGA and then you play the episode and it's a bunch of psycopaths destroying people's lives and being absolute conniving bastards.

that shit was boring af homie

y'all niggas a lame

Why are there so many drinks on that table?

Once a season or so some major historical event happens, like JFK's assassination for example, and the characters spend an ep or two reacting to it.

I realized I was looking forward to that so much I should just watch a documentary on the sixties. Instead I watched a CNN documentary on the entire cold war era.

I had a much better time with that than with mad men. Notice how its defenders don't actually say in any specific terms why the show was good?

I actually agree with him, it was still great but something about the flow didn't feel as natural, maybe it's just in my head though.

shit*

Twin Peaks.

I was thinking about that the other day. How I thought Mad Men sucked major dick but I just enjoyed seeing the events that they had.

It's a fun part of any good period piece, really - the dramatic irony of the audience knowing some event will happen because of historical knowledge, when the characters don't.

Someone else earlier up mentioned Deutschland 83. Watching all that espionage and counterintelligence shit going on over Able Archer, which we know was just a routine military exercise, was tense as fuck.

mfw the gay agent got HIV back when it was mostly known as a weird incurable unexplained gay disease

The Shield is the only right answer

i didn't watch it for ages for that exact reason
it looked like another 'how i met your mother' style network sitcom

It should just be two.

Mad Men and Sopranos

>Mad Cuck
Sad!

The Wire > Breaking Bad > 1st season of True Detective > Game of Thrones > Mad Men > The Sopranos

>Mad Men

Walking Dead > The Wire > Breaking Bad > Mad Men > Big Bang Theory > Temptation Island > The Sopranos

See? I can make a shit ranking too.

It should just be remade to a list of 1. Mad Men

My dad likes it, you faggot.

Mad Men

Your dad is a literal manchild

Good start
Good response
terrible responses

Generation Kill.

>fag gets told his sacred cow is shit, resorts to spamming

Deadwood without question

The Simpsons

My dad doesn't like video games

Only one answer senpai Mad Men

Jesus fucking Christ.

What does The Shield do that The Wire didn't do better?

Other than glorify police brutality, that is.

The Wire > The Sopranos > Breaking Bad > True Detective > Game of Thrones > Antiques Roadshow > watching paint dry > Mad Men

Only season 1 is worth watching

....mmm tough choice. I'd say Mad Men

Being a manchild => liking video games

Its simple its obviously Mad Men.

The absolute Mad Men!

Yu yu hakushou

Liking video games => being a manchild
Not the other way

L O S T

The Wire, The Shield, The Sopranos... they're classic but LOST is a whole different experience, man.

Also Mad Men is literally hot trash.

Sopranos is 8.5/10

The Wire is 6.5/10 the later seasons dropping to 5/10.

One time Cred Forums hype really let me down.

Mad Men. Easily

HBO is for Horny Bastard Orangutans desu

PLANET EARTH
L
A
N
E
T

E
A
R
T
H

Not one of these posters deserves to live.

twin peaks fucking idiots

Rome

develop some taste you retarded faggot

Mad Men

TV: The Wire, The Sopranos, SFU, Oz, Breaking Bad, GOT
Anime : LOGH, Texhnolyze, Monster, Eva, GITS, Mononoke, Kaiji, Mushishi, HxH

>Community
stop being from reddit

you can actually see this fag getting more desperate

For me: Deadwood.

I'm sure it not having a "proper" ending means it loses some points. But to me, it's just about the most perfect example of what television could be that it fully deserves consideration among the best shows of all time.

Also, perhaps controversial opinion: The Wire really isn't ageing well.

There isn't a third one.

Deadwood, Rome, Mad Men and Six Feet Under are all on the tier below.

Double Dare, GUTS,________

and why is it GUTS

i ruined my own post i meant
hidden temple

Six Feet Under

Bojack.

Lost

True Detective s1

It's Classic Simpsons. Don't doubt yourself, You know it to be true,

Space Ghost Coast to Coast

The Joy of Painting

Cory in the House

Came to post this

Fawlty Towers, Father Ted, ________?

Real Dicks, the softcore td parody.

'Allo, 'Allo

The Young Ones

Band of brothers.

ALF

The Strain
Spartacus
Ash vs Evil Dead

Fun-core

man I hate the way that show ended.

Deadwood

What the hell is Game of Thrones doing there

>Deadwood, Carnivale, _________

Only Fools and Horses

It's a tough for me to choose between Breaking Bad and Friday Night Lights. I'm currently watching Deadwood. Not gonna bother with Mad Med.

Peep Show
Black Books
______

The Thick of It

Rome, obviously.

Breaking bad, Game of Thrones, Stranger things

>Shit acting
>Shit production value

>historical
>had a cult following
>cancelled
Fits the pattern.

Meant to reply to

>Rome
>Shit acting

The unholy trinity of extremely overrated anime? Evangelion, of course.

1st season twin peaks from the 1990s

sega genesis evan almighty's on