All I know is that this dude has some kind of indestructible skin

All I know is that this dude has some kind of indestructible skin.
In episode 1 MC gets hit in a face by a notorious "professional" thug and our hero remains unflinched while the badguy broke his arm...
If that thug is worth his salt, then he would throw his whole weight into the punch and then some. Let's be generous and say he punched at around 600 pounds. That would move anyone however big you are.
I can understand Superman withstanding Batmobile crashing into him, because that's what he does.
But how can a black guy with indestructible skin remain on his feet after a haymarker? That is some immovable object type bullshit. Can he stand in front of a bus and remained unphased while the vehicle shatters around him?
tl;dr he's supposed to be indestructible, not immovable

Have your nurse explain it to you.

Genuine discussion on current TV show on a Cred Forums board
>you're sick

They also show him having super strength. In the first episode.

Yes, picking up washing machine with one hand.
That doesn't mean he has super traction allowing him to remain in one spot while being hit.

And not every hit is going to ragdoll someone, especially of his size. You're trying to have an internet argument instead of making an actual point. Do better.

Not ragdolling , just any reaction at all. He wasn't tickled, you know.
Back to my original point, would he stop a bus in the middle of the road? Nothing to hold against, in boots.

Fuck off reddit, you can look this shit up yourself.

What do you even do here if not discuss current tv shows?
This place turned into a real shithole

hey you're the one watching shit shows

Try out a Sopranos, Wire, or Mad Men thread, they're more friendly.

I had a bigger issue with the stupid drilling bullets.

for a bullet to actually drill into Luke they'd need some kind of force applied.

It's been shown that they don't drill instantly and only start drilling while lodged inside the wall.

Now if you tell me that these bullets can actually penetrate Luke then the drilling is not required, you can just kill him by shooting him. You'd save a lot of money rather than buying muh special drill bullets.

My point it, if they gave Luke a weakness or mentioned that the bullets were made of something harder than his skin then I'd accept that but they were all about the drilling.

I think it's actually "indestructible flesh" - meaning his musculature and bone density are way above the average human. If he can take a LMG round to the chest and survive an RPG, I'm sure a dude's fist (not even a pro boxer) won't do much.

>Comic book

Ah yes, I see where you're becoming confused OP.

You see, its just pretend.

But dude! ALIEN BULLETS AYY LMAO

But they're not even alien bullets.

I'd accept it if they told me they were magical or alien bullets. But if you say it's a science thing then I'd expect you to provide some degree of accuracy.

Not saying he can't take an RPG or a LMG, just saying that he doesn't react to them, that's weird

so he's just superman who can't swim and doesn't have lazers?

He can't fly. I think he can swim fine.

Also no ice breath and other superman feat.

its fucking capeshit user when have they ever cared about the laws of physics

But he's infinitely more superior(pun intended) to Superman, because he has years of oppression guiding his righteous anger unlike a certain cis-white male alien

something something abalone

It's a superpower. It does what the writers say it does.

even if that pun was intended, it was super terrible, man

I know

It's pretty obvious he doesn't understand the full extent of his powers, but the fact that you've seen him take so many shots without getting staggered should tell you that he is more than just bulletproof.

Each of those rounds carries a good amount of kinetic impact. The reason bullets don't knock people around is because of their penetrating power; the fact that they cannot penetrate his skin means that he's taking a ton of concussive force with every bullet and is equally unmoved.

TL;DR: if you want to talk about continuity in the way that his powers are portrayed, being shot over and over again is consistent with him being unmoved by a normal human haymaker.

well he's also shown to weigh a shitload in...jessica jones i think they show it? so, just imagine he's basically a giant steel man, and if you punch a huge steel person, youre gonna break your hand, not move it, especially if that thing is living and has its feet planted and ready

He wasn't shown to be heavier than anyone else his size.
Luke Cage is just a huge dude with super strength and indestructible skin.

They specifically mention the bullets are made from an alien mineral.
It's not that far fetched to believe that whatever the bullets are made of are harder than Luke's skin.

That's how I've always thought of it. If bullets are bouncing off him and not ricocheting wildly, he's nullifying that force somehow. It's not as simple as just having really hard skin.

Indestructible flesh doesn't necessarily mean it's not supple.

Yes he has been, multiple times. Try looking at your TV instead of your phone the next time you watch a show.

He's been shown sitting on his normal motorcycle and normal sofas and normal beds and normal benches just fine.
You telling me to look at my TV instead of my phone is pretty ironic.

>Can he stand in front of a bus and remained unphased while the vehicle shatters around him?
That actually happens later on you fucking dunce. It was a minivan though and not a bus. It doesn't show how much the vehicle moved him, but it couldn't have been much given the situation.

He also has super strength.

Often in comics, they portray increased density poorly. For example, wolverine apparently weights like 400lbs, thanks to his bones being covered in metal. Luke Cage is probably similar; he can handle normal objects because his weight is probably just like a super fat guy.

The punch to the face doing nothing is probably meant to show that hes like a brick wall, and a street thug prize fighter couldn't smash a brick wall in one punch.

>Often in comics, they portray increased density poorly. For example, wolverine apparently weights like 400lbs, thanks to his bones being covered in metal. Luke Cage is probably similar; he can handle normal objects because his weight is probably just like a super fat guy.
Comics have nothing at all to do with the TV show.
In the show, Luke hasn't been shown to be any heavier than a normal man of the same build.

Luke left a FUCKING CRATER in the alley street when he jumped from the window.

this series was terrible. discount boardwalk empire with a love love letter to harlem/nyc culture piggy backed onto a comic show. this didn't even feel like a super hero show at all, it was just a mouthpiece for muh real life issues. if you want to make a show about that then do it instead of hijacking another show.

And yet could lie on a normal bed perfectly fine.

Beds hold fat people that weigh hundreds of pounds dimwit.

Also Luke's broken beds before.

>wears his classic comic book attire for 10 sec
>looks at himself
>"You look like a damn fool"

Bravo Netflix

anyone have the shot?

did the same thing in Jessica Jones

>Beds hold fat people that weigh hundreds of pounds dimwit.
I'm not saying Luke's a lightweight, retard.
But he doesn't weigh thousands of pounds.
Those same fat people would leave a crater jumping out a window too if they were indestructible.
>Also Luke's broken beds before.
Yes, fucking all out with Jessica, another super-strong person.

I don't get the Cred Forums posting on this show. The whole thing was an educated country black coming to Harlem and not wanting to be a thug, and rejecting the thug culture in every way but the music. Meanwhile, nigs continue nigging and force him to go vigilante and start nigging out on them. The whole thing portrays nigger behavior in a negative light and was pretty good until cottonmouth died and then Diamondback overacted his way through the rest of the show.

i hope iron fist is better

i cant believe they just threw away cottonmouth. he didn't even have any powers, instead he plays a fucking electric piano, jesus christ what a waste. and of course they made burstein into an evil white male scientist instead of a real doctor who actually helps cage. they're probably not even gonna do nightshade or shadowland.

I don't remember. What was it?

In other words, there's no problem. They've shown that luke is heavier than a normal guy of his size. The end.

It's my hope that Iron Fist is less about the message and more about fun. Iron Fist's comics or things I've seen him team up with luke Cage in have always been lighter. I like the buddy cop thing he and luke have in some renditions, where Luke's the straight man with dead pan humor and Iron Fist is the goofier of the two.

Jessica, Daredevil and Luke have been so heavy on the message that I think we need one that just has some fun with the over the top nature of the shit Iron Fist has to deal with sometimes.

>Jewish
>white
And I wouldn't say Burstein was evil, Luke and Claire just didn't like him very much.

Yeah, they hold up her outfit, Patsy shows it to her, and Jessica is all like nope. At least in Dare Devil they remembered it's a comic book show and fuck you. This isn't X-men back in the day that was embarrassed to be a comic book movie, you're part of the marvel universe, embrace how fucking stupid this shit is and play it straight. Daredevil did just fine with that.

They decided to use him to set up Stryker getting powers of his own, or him using stryker as a test subject for creating further things. I'm not sure which.

Plenty of white people in Luke's show were just fine. You don't remember them because they didn't get demonized, but look closely and you see plenty of them, like the white cop that Luke saves bulelts being sprayed by his black cop partner, who get explained as being a nice guy. The white cop Stryker kills, also a white male, to frame luke, also passed off as being a decent guy that the people on the street liked. The guy he was talking to before striker killed him was on friendly smiling terms.

There were plenty of white people that were just normal and decent people in the show. There were people of all colors who were decent or terrible as their roles required.It showed that everyone is capable of anything, no matter which way.

He did some really questionable as fuck shit, but there were some good intentions in there. Now, if he does to stryker what I think he's gonna do, on the villainous side, he's gonna be a villain. But that's fine. I like me some mad scientists.

I'm kinda hoping this leads to Claire getting her mad science on later, that'd be fun as hell to watch.

He squats 6 plates

He'll make Diamondback super strong too.He's a villain user, just a weak one.

Is Erskine a villain for creating the Red Skull?
Like the other user said, Burstein does questionable shit, but he does have good intentions.
We don't know what he's going to do to Diamondback, but yes, most likely he'll end up giving him superpowers.
If he's going to enhance Diamondback for villainous reasons, then yes, he'll be a villain.
If he ends up giving Diamondback superpowers because of comic book accidents, then no, I wouldn't call him a villain.
He's antagonistic, not villainous.

that's what it seems like. shame because burstein, claire, and luke were a team they even opened a clinic together.

As long as I still get Luke Cage/Iron Fist buddy cop moments, I'll be fine.

>It showed that everyone is capable of anything, no matter which way.
And yet all the major villains or antagonists were non-whites... makes you think, huh.

>I'll just give powers to this psychopath who is actively trying to kill Luke Cage
>Lol I'm a good guy, I swear!

I dunno, looking back at the moment I think he might've just been trying to take a sample of Luke's DNA (since he says in the episode where he heals Luke that the whole reason the experiment worked that well is probably due to Luke's unique DNA), and since Luke obviously wasn't going to give him one he's probably going to sample it from his brother.

I don't know comic Diamondback, but it'll seem really hamfisted to me that he comes back as someone with superstrength.

It's almost as if they explain that it IS possible to kill him if you watch the show

If I punch a big block of wood it won't break but it might move
He can't break but the kinetic force should still apply to him
Same with Cap
His shield can take the hit but sometimes it still moves him

It's almost like they're criminals in Harlem or something. You're like a SJW whining about too many white people in Vikings, please neck yourself.