Why wasn't the film just completely about the spoopy nun?

Why wasn't the film just completely about the spoopy nun?

Wasted potential desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGAUXhCuGow
youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah I don't know what they're thinking. the demon was goofy looking and not scary at all. the short scene with the painting on the other hand the best part of the entire movie.

Vera is tasty and Patrick Wilson based, but the first one sucked dog dick. Pass.

I saw this the other week, my gf likes these shit movies. Are there actually any decent horror films?

babadook
mama
the witch
it follows
oculus

Can you believe they are making a second Annabelle movie?

Just fucking stop and make a standalone film with this nun

>OH WAIT THEY DID THE SPELL SO NOW SHE IS GONE FOREVER
well shit...

btw the nun is made up and isn't part of the "actual true events".

The descent
Oculus
Drag made to hell
Vhs 1/2

>It's an "Ed Warren plays the guitar with an Elvis interpretation" episode
youtube.com/watch?v=gGAUXhCuGow

>mfw he didn't play the Elvis Presley "HONKA HONKA" song
Such a missed opportunity

youtube.com/watch?v=pEsGf0PMXNc

I kinda like nippon or gooky horror

this part was pretty good tho
and technically it WAS all about the nun if you think about it

lake mungo and noroi the curse if you like the mockumentary format

The crooked man was more neat than scary, not sure why they felt they had to put him in.

That said, apparently a lot of the nun stuff was a result of reshoots, maybe most of it was going to be the Crooked man and they decided to make it about the nun instead.

So all of this is based on a true story?

>btw the nun is made up and isn't part of the "actual true events".
Really makes the ol' noggin go joggin'...

That's because they have a better understanding of horror. I'm not a weaboo, but goddamn I can only name a handful of western horror films that are actually scary.

I can't wait to see Wan's Aquaman movie.

He has stated that he is going to try to make it horror orientated so I am all pumped.

I just hope the studio don't mess with his cut of the film.

James Wan didn't like how the demon looked so he changed it into a nun in the last minute

POETRY

Wan is directing aquaman? I didnt know this

>I didnt know this
Seriously? Well he is.

The actor who plays Aquaman looks like such a fun guy so he no doubt will be amazing.

he's also directing a new robotech movie

>its another flashy shots and loud bangs with ghosts chasing in a small 2 floor house trailer

>So all of this is based on a true story?

It's based upon the fanciful lies of a pair of inveterate bullshitters. That they claim are true.

It is true that they really did go to the house to investigate a possessed girl although apparently they were only there for about a couple hours and were not at the house constantly nor did they bond with the family that much.

>that final 3rd act when suddenly the Warren's have to race back to stop the demon or something
Yeah that part is all made up

You know, this movie was shit and I dont get scared easily but I tell ya what, there were two scenes in this that really got to me
first was when the warrens daughter looked down the hallway and was like "who is that?" and the nun was just standing there and walks off
second was in the room with the painting and you slowly realize that the painting has eyes
both didnt have jump scares just a really eerie feeling to them that sent shivers down my spine

>You know, this movie was shit and I dont get scared easily
Have you seen Jacob's Ladder?

That has some really frightening intense bits.

The spooky nun will have her own movie next year.