ITT: sequels that were better than the original

ITT: sequels that were better than the original

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03WFjaE3aL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pic not related

you start, OP.

meme

When was the last time you saw both? I watched them back to back yesterday and Aliens is just a far better movie.

A week ago, and you couldn't be more wrong.

Whatever Alien does, Aliens does better. More tension, better atmosphere, better characters, better effects, better sets, better structure and flow, better build-up and payoff, better sci-fi. Just through and though superior.

(You)

While I actually agree that Aliens is better, it by no means does everything better than Alien. In particular, the tension in Alien is off the fucking charts. That movie has more atmosphere than any ten other "thrillers"

Not even trolling. At least this movie has an actual plot.

I thought so too but I watched it recently and it's not as effective as I rememberd it. It's still a great movie though.

Diminishing returns bruh

Pic unrelated

What's your definition of plot?

That is such total fucking bullshit. Dirty Harry, All the Presidents Men, Andromeda Strain, Marathon Man, theres so many thrillers from the 70s alone that VASTLY out perform Alien in terms of atmosphere. You are full pleb.

Characters have motivations beyond "Kill the alien". Scenes have arcs that aren't "Alien kills someone"/"Alien gets away"/"Alien dies".

>Characters have motivations beyond "Kill the alien"

Did you even watch the first Predator? Their motivation was to get to the extraction point where a helicopter would pick them up. It's just that one the way the Predator fucked with them so it turned into a cat and mouse game.
Your definition of plot is full on retarded. Just because a narrative is too simple for you doesn't mean it's not a plot.

Both of those movies are fucking great.

FUCK OFF

Try again nigger

I liked godfather 2 better than the first. When Sonny is beating up Carlo was so bad. You can see him miss several times and still Sonny is getting hit. That's just bad but other than that godfather is cool and all.

youtube.com/watch?v=03WFjaE3aL0

not even memeing

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill