Which one should I watch if my favorite horror game is Silent Hill 2?

Which one should I watch if my favorite horror game is Silent Hill 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/duffer-brothers-talk-stranger-things-916180
youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eraserhead
Jackob's Ladder
Angel Heart
Phantoms
Season 9
Deathwatch

Neither. How did you get the impression that they're at all similar to Silent Hill?

Oh, and The Tenant.
The Ugly as well.
And you might even like to watch Shutter Island.

Stranger Things for sure. With no spoilers, one aspect of the show reminded me of Silent Hill.

hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/duffer-brothers-talk-stranger-things-916180

>Then, we play a lot of video games, so there's a lot of video game references that people are picking up on. There's Silent Hill and Last of Us.

Session 9 you mean

almost none of these have the same atmosphere as silent hill 2

I haven't read any major plots about them. I've just been told by a coworker that they're close to Silent Hill.

Those references are fleeting.
Better to watch Twin Peaks since it inspired the whole series and has a tangible influence on the second game. Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=qZowK0NAvig

AHS Hotel is fucking hilarious if you take it as self-parody, which I always assumed it was. Nothing to do with silent hill though.

>Those references are fleeting.

But they're still there and can be spotted, yeah? Glad we had this talk

Jacob's ladder is aknowledged by Silent Hill creators as a major influence

Have fun not blinking and freeze framing in order to get them, since they are absolutely fucking minimal compared to the more known 80s stuff it bases itself on. Stranger Things is a show you watch if you want more Goonies, ET or Monster Squad, not Silent Hill. But it's a pretty good show none the less.

>Stranger Things
in theory it pays homage to everything from King to Spielberg

but all I could think of is
>is this silent hill or what?

spoilers for OP's sake
so the whole "underworld", both conceptually and visually, and the monster are a blink-and-you-miss it similarities?

silent hill is loosely based on jacobs ladder you complete twat

>almost
Doesn't mean all.

>silent hill
You mean Silent Hill 2, which was almost as big a deviation from the series as SH4 was.

I'm with other user.

Jacobs ladder is great (and spooky) and all, but Silent Hill? I see very little in common.

Silent Hill 2 is partly derived from Jacob's Ladder. The head shake the enemies do is a tell tale sign, as well as the conjecture about what the town really is and what the monsters represent.

The rest of the games are different. It seems like the people who are quickest to comment about what SH is similar to, really haven't played all that much of it.

tbqh that's true. I never understood the story behind SH2, I was a little kid

I don't think it was ever meant to be fully understood. There's a story for sure and some more obvious imagery. But then there's a lot of red herrings that can shoot you down a tangent for hours trying to consider or rationalize what some metaphor means.

Scream queens.

AHS Hotel is horrible. Stay away from that crap.

that part was very Alien too

Jacobs Ladder is trash.
The ending completely ruins is it.

hurr durr he was dead all along eksdeee

AHS is for women and fags.

The only thing resembling SH in Stranger Things is that there is an "evil" version of the town.

Session 9 is the most Silent Hill horror movie out there probably.

Lost Highway is basically Silent Hill 2 The Movie.

It's not always about the destination, sometimes it can be the voyage.

The voyage is meaningless as he was dead all along anyway.

>Silent Hill
Well that was extremely obvious.