Paramount expects a loss of 70 million dollars from Star Trek Beyond

>Paramount expects a loss of 70 million dollars from Star Trek Beyond

I guess putting the Beastie Boys in their trailer really did fuck them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Making a star trek movie and destroying the enterprise in the first act was just retarded.

In star trek the enterpise itself is a character.

We want space battles not fucking skirmishes and jumping on rocks and shit... dumbshit premise, dumb shit director.

>I guess putting the Beastie Boys in the trailer really sabotaged their profits
One job
youtube.com/watch?v=AmWLaFQNwVE

god this was fucking awful

They managed to alienate both Trek fans and normies with the marketing. It's a shame because the movie is nice.

b-but what about the Rey1.1 character? what about the progressive gay couple?
plus that McGuffin was the best in YEARS!

why'd they go with sabotage over intergalactic

Because they're literally using the song to sabotage the enemy's communication network causing them to get out of sync and crash into eachother.

I liked it fine, a lot better than into darkness.

surprised it didn't do a bit better at the box office, but I don't remember seeing that much advertising for it compared to other blockbusters, I didn't notice it was out til about a week after the release date.

>Making a star trek movie and destroying the enterprise in the first act was just retarded.

Uhhhh

They essentially tried to widen their audience for the movie. They tried to lure in the non-trekkies, "normies" who don't watch much scifi etc. And they failed. IMO Abrams pushed as far as he could with the first Trek films when it came to appealing to normies. Universal just needs to accept that while these movies are very profitable for them, they will never be as big as those movies that gross 1 billion dollars or more.

Star Trek has a huge built in core audience and you can lure people outside of that core audience, like the JJ films proved, but there are limits to that.

and it was in kid kirk's intro in the first one, bit of a callback I guess.

>fight the power by public enemy
>hoots mon where did that classical music come from?

Weird. I liked it just as much as I liked the first 2.

Shit, really? But it was good.

>music from hundreds of years ago considered classical

imagine that

Do you know what "the first act" means?

Maybe because Spock is mentioned by name in the lyrics to Intergalactic which would make it very weird.

I liked the Sabotage scene very much though.

>implying that ALL music from hundreds of years ago is now considered classical
When I hear a traditional folk ballad, I call it a traditional folk ballad, not classical.

>what about the progressive gay couple?
5 seconds of screen time.

It was a shit movie, but every time you complain about this you're just reducing our credibility.

That was done in the least obnoxious way possible. Also Jayla a cute.

>Star Trek movie needs the Enterprise to be good
>Best movie in the franchise has it for only a scene at the end

because it was in the first movie, it's the song young Kirk puts on when he stole the car

They should have had Jaylah singing an original song to defeat them.

lol

this is fucking retarded
>music in space
kill me

kys faggot

they explained word for word that they would use VHF radio waves to disrupt the signal between the enemy ships.

would you rather they just flew past in silence, broadcasting static?

it's a hollywood blockbuster, if you want to be that autistic about it there shoudl be no sound effects on any exterior shot, but they coudl still be playing the music inside.

REALISM should always be stressed

>would you rather they just flew past in silence, broadcasting static?

Yes.

Stop making shitty excuses for rule of cool that impresses no one and actively annoys.

that actively annoys you.

average movie goers at a summer blockbuster want a 'cool' scene in their action movie, not complete silence.

Never bothered watching because into darkness was such shit. This looked better but not by miles and still looked like it was packed with the same annoying shit that I didn't like in the first two films.

Don't you know? Tongue in cheek scifi that doesn't take itself seriously is all the rage. See the new star wars.

this was awful

star trek continues is good tho

I found it to be very entertaining, I don't see why it had such a bad reception.

>Best movie
>The one with the whales
>NUCLEAR WESSLES

Lmao sorry you settle for average, faggot. It's people like you who end up in the cuckshed

When adjusted for inflation, IV has the 2nd highest domestic gross, just behind the reboot.

>cuckshed

you forgot to call him reddit too.

it's an action movie not hard sci-fi, if you expected that after the previous two you're a bit dim.

>Ben-Hur – $120 million loss

>Monster Trucks – $115 million loss

>Star Trek Beyond – $70 million loss.

Just fuck my studio up Senpai.

>It's a shame because the movie is nice.
this. it's en par with the other two, don't know what to complain about.

jesus, that was just a nod to takai, don't be a Cred Forums autist.

Literally did not know this was even released until I saw the webrip online.

that and the other poster looked exactly like the original first movie
if that's all i saw i would've guessed it had to do with v'ger

the whole, a ship disappears and then the captain becomes some mutant hating hippie wanting to destroy the fed is weak.

>and it was in kid kirk's intro in the first one, bit of a callback I guess.
yeah, kirk even recognized that song as "good choice".

>rule of cool
gb2 tv tropes fucking faggot

todays classical music was the pop music from back in the day, so what's the problem with beasty boys considered "classical music" in like 300 years.

starwars isn't sci fi senpai

>inb4 you autistically try to argue your flawed view because you don't know what sci fi is

That's only because it brought Spock back. The last 5 minutes of III don't count.

>starships, laser guns, laser swords, and lightspeed travel isn't sci fi

Ok, kid.

>inb4 you autistically try to argue your flawed view because you don't know what sci fi is

>laser guns aren't sci fi

I get it, user. You're retarded. It's ok

Its badass tbqh

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy

You know what website is convinced star wars is sci fi? Reddit.

I know you heard the words "science fiction" and you think you know what that means but you don't. We'll both live our lives, but you will always always ALWAYS be stupid.

>movies can only be 1 genre. multi genre movies don't exist

Your argument somehow got even more retarded.

>laser guns aren't sci fi

You're funny. I like you.

I closed the thread but I had to reopen to see if you replied. I sincerely hope you are trolling otherwise you belong on reddit. If you are trolling, you should stop wasting your time I'm drunk

So you don't believe in multi genre movies? And your drunk? That explains a lot. I'm glad you pulled your dick out of your cousin just long enough to reply to me,

kek. you're not even trying anymore. You could at least make it fun.

You keep stealing my responses.

The real horror was when the obnoxious song was a key point of the movie. This kind of quirky bullshit is ruining movies.

Arrived with almost a month of delay to Europe and very little copies, I live in a medium city and there was only one theater projecting it for 2 weeks. No advertising at all.

Did they even tried?

babbies 1st troll or what lad?

you went too quickly to insults and didn't make a convincing enough argument for me to truly believe you.

>didn't make a convincing argument

As if your "laser guns and starships aren't sci fi" argument was convincing. kek

>I guess putting the Beastie Boys in their trailer really did fuck them
putting it in the movie was even worse...

>you get the joke
>your autism wont let you enjoy it
My condolences

am I the only one that thinks that the third movie was the least shit of the new ones ?

no that's fine.

I put it on par with the first one, into darkness a distant turd.

Into Darkness was pretty good except for Cumberbatch as Khan. Every big complaint I've heard about it just sounds like autism.

The music was coming from inside the ship, it's not actually playing when the camera moves outside it, the music just switches between, I can't think of the word but meta or nonmeta depending on where the camera is. That's why it sounds more organic and radio-y inside and more like part of the soundtrack outside

It was good, the Sabotage scene was fucking terrible though let's be honest here.

Also, How did Kirk and Anton not break their fucking legs when they slid off the Enterprise as it tipped over? They basically fell like 30 feet straight to the ground. Even some shitty in-universe explanation like they had superboots or something would have been fine

i don't mind the simple details anymore since JJ started blowing up core systems in all his franchise revival fuckups

it was a nice flick to sprinkle over the dull movie horizont of revamped things

expected way worse of a movie desu

are you actually stupid or what?

Star wars is legit a fantasy film.

Light science fantasy at best. Their technology is so far advanced it might as well be magic. Hence fantasy.

Like I said. babbies 1st troll

Too good for tv

just as predicted in The congress

>Movies can't be more than 1 genre. It's not possible

Why did you go back to that argument?

Could have used the Rihanna song.