ITT: Shows that couldn't be made today

ITT: Shows that couldn't be made today.

Frasier could be made today....but it would be an Amazon or Netflix exclusive, because it's geared towards sophisticated white people

I downloaded/watched half of season 1, was entertaining and I liked how short the episodes were. Should I continue?

Do it, Frasier is hands down the comfiest sitcom. Falls off after season 7 though

Anything involving grabbing some pussy apparently.

Yes.

>watching things you enjoy
Your pleb is dangling.

>because it's geared towards sophisticated white people
>he doesn't realise that anyone can enjoy it
People who get the jokes and references will laugh at them, the people who don't laugh at how pretentious Frasier and Niles are.

I agree that anyone could enjoy it, but in 2016, such a show would be optioned to Netflix or Amazon first and foremost. The networks go for diversity in prime time! Multi demographics.

Yeah its pretty great desu

>>>Those were the days....

w-what is this?

What show is this?

weren't most episodes about disconnects that couldn't happen in today's cellphone world?

They already did, it's called How I Met Your Mother

The supposed reboot will be the worst thing ever.

13 posterunek

what is this haircut called?

No, just finished rewatching the series and it keeps up technology wise. By season 3 every character has a cell phone and Fraiser has an outdated laptop which is pretty funny.

KILL ALL WHITE CIS MALES

>geared towards sophisticated white people
that's like saying Big Bang Theory is geared towards rocket scientists.

it makes fun of the upper class. that's the entire joke.

I don't agree with this 100%. To a certain extent, there's "namedropping" or just mentioning of a commonly known scientific phenomena/theory in TBBT, and there is namedropping or just mentioning great works of art or science in Frasier. Frasier still does more comedy with the art, culture, and science than TBBT does. It's not always just a punchline, but it's used as a setup or theme as well.

The show is so dumb and overly excessive with its fat lady jokes that it becomes funny just because of that as well. It's over the top and still enjoyable to this date.

godamn polaks wow

I tried watching fraiser but I just couldn't get into it. Wasn't really that funny desu. Some how for a cultured individual frasier never talks about stuff I've never heard of despite the fact that I live in a basement.