So what are your ideas for a good AVP movie? Can it even be done?

So what are your ideas for a good AVP movie? Can it even be done?

It has to be set in the future and not on Earth
Ripley has to be the protagonist
Get James Cameron to write and direct it

Just follow the canon. I'm still waiting to see Space Marines duke it out with Aliens AND Predators.

One good idea is not putting faggots like Topher Grace in the movie. That's a great fucking idea. That fucker just ruins everything he touches

No quips.

Set in the future after the Ripley events.
A colony on a forested planet has some strange deaths/missing people.
They call in an expert hunter to take care of what they think is just an animal.
He knows it isn't.
He starts the hunt.
He gets a call from the colony saying that something else has landed.

So it's a hunt between the Predator, the human hunter, and the Alien.
The human hunter can be the knowledgeable character to explain things to the audience avatar, the colonists.

>One good idea is not putting faggots like Topher Grace in the movie
He was ok as a psycho.

Honestly, the problem was the love interest.

Predators are alien reptiles

Just like the Queen and Hillary Clinton.

Wait, is Trump vs Hillary actually Alien vs Predator?

I'd like to see Preds hunt Triceratops-like prey, jumping on it mid-movement and bringing it down, Shadow of the Colossus style. Marines stumble across a Predator vs Space Jockey war, whereby Xenos are being used as bio-weapons. It's pretty basic.

>involving the space jockeys

Don't fall into this trap. That's what fucked over Prometheus. Do not involve the space jockeys aside from the dead one in the derelict ship on LV-426.

What fucked over Prometheus was shitty writing due to dozens of rewrites that resulted in dead-ins cluttering up the final script.

Fun fact: In the movie, Jesus was a Space Jockey.

This rape scene needed to be longer.

I like Predator and Alien/s because of the human elements and how they bounce off the threat of the monsters.

That's what fucked over the script. What fucked over the story and the Alien mythos in general is that entire space jockey thing. They should remain a mystery.

Kind of like the games.
So taking place in the future with elements from both franchises. Don't be afraid of using space marines again.

>a Predator taking on an Alien at melee range and having a chance
>creatures that beat metal doors down
>that bleed industrial strength acid
>that hold Humans up with their tails alone
Retarded.

This caught me by surprise.

Get to your containment board and stay there.

making it an actual fucking horror movie and not pg-13 ""action"" retard family movie bullshit

>tfw no good movies these days

Die you fucking Bareneyfag

>Alien mythos
>we have no clue what happened on LV-426
>we don't know where Aliens come from
>only learn a sliver of information about the Space Jockeys
>still nothing answered in the franchise
No wonder Cred Forums is rated lowest IQ on the site. Not even Cred Forums is this retarded.

It is possible to have the Jockeys and make it a good movie.
It's just hard.

You're right about the mystery. The more you know, the less interesting it is, but you can still explore the shadows.

The core ideas of Prometheus are good. About the created and the creator. The Androids in the franchise so far are just there without any thematic importance.

>tfw you remember fapping to this 8 years ago

memes

>getting mad over equestrian enthusiasts caring to join us here on Cred Forums

i want reddit to go 2bqh

I'm ok with the backlash (though it's pretty youtube-tier) but the "barneyfag" stuff confuses me. I never cared to look it up to see on whose side he is. In any case terrible "argument" Would banish anyone using it.

Just do Aliens with a Predator in the mix. Unoriginal as fuck but thats all ANYONE wanted.

Stan Winston Studios on special effects (none of that ADI garbage)
Cameron producing at the very least

Colony finds some shit
Weyland Yutani investigates
Space Jockey shit/Abandoned Predator big game shit full of eggs for Jockey shit Pred hunting purposes
Activates beacon by accident
Colony wiped out by Ayys
Marines sent in
Predator shows up cause beacon
Weyland Yutani goons sneaking around seeking to yutilize both Pred and Ayy for their own ends (dat pred tech)

THEY FIGHT and something self destructs at the end

All you got to do.

The fuck are you talking about?

the predator and the xeno have to team up to fight an even more dangerous alien species

Set 2000 years ago in the period of the dead Engineers seen in Prometheus. They and the Predators are locked in an interstellar war and the Engineers develop the xenos as a weapon against them, which the Predators eventually learn to produce and control as well by capturing queens. Earth changes hands in this war and that's why you have both Engineer and Predator influence there.

Engineers were a mistake and Ridley Scott should've died before 2011 before he could ruin Alien mythos.

Set in the future on another planet owned by WY Corp. Planet only has one Large city(half million-ish). Somehow an Alien shows up and then like a zombie movie the city is overrun in just a matter of a couple days.

During the intial day or two a Fuck ton of space marines show up to try and fix the issue. It quickly goes from a kill bugs mission to get all remaining survivors to escape ships. Oh and in the middle of this whole mess a couple preds show up for a golden opportunity to hunt aliens and marines(but mostly aliens). Violence, Gore, and chaos ensue.

>fight an even more dangerous alien species
Starship troopers arachnid?

BIG

This would be good only if they don't do the cheap "Weapon gets out of hand and attacks their users".

>Ripley has to be the protagonist
so pretty much another easy paycheck for a woman who actively despises the franchise, the character of Ripley, and the fanbases but just can't say no to a paycheck

No follow the canon and do Machiko Noguchi