Boy the way Glenn Miller playyyyyed

Boy the way Glenn Miller playyyyyed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzFWRPiNXOI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dooooes wah da daaaaays

The beginning and end credits of All in the Family were prime comfykino.

>ywn vote for Trump with Archie

Why live?

Trump is practically Archie Bunker anyway.

I know way too many alt right people who praise Archie Bunker yet are too stupid to realize he's basically satire.

>It's an "Edith gets raped" episode

Well, they are trumpsters.

I mean this has literally been the case since they started airing the show.

it's funny because that show was meant to mock Archie's ideologies, but most of America ended up loving Archie for this very reason...because they identified more with him than meathead.

I know this is the case, but I find it hard to believe Lear thought Michael would be the hero of the series when he comes across as such a whiny douchebag.

if anything, it shows how "progressives" have always been, and will most likely continue to be, out of touch with how most people think and behave. many ideas look pretty on paper and are fun to discuss in academic circles and "enlightened" artistic gatherings, but those ideas don't often fly in the real world.

The misunderstanding worked against some blacks as well. I can't remember the program, but it was dealing with older TV shows. All in the Family was one of the ones they talked to people about, and there were blacks who talked about how terrible a show it was because Archie was such a racist.

glen campbell not glen miller faggot. you got shit mixed up with barney miller.

Yeah but the whole show didn't paint him as a pure asshole all of the time.

He was put out there as a product of his time. Not to be necessarily mocked but laughed at and with him being in a new era. Meathead was the clarity but was there always in an overbearing way so there was that middle ground for you the viewer. Such a damn good show.

no one on Cred Forums's old enough to know what this is anymore, meathead

Bunker was a union Democrat

bump

>it's funny because that show was meant to mock Archie's ideologies, but most of America ended up loving Archie for this very reason...because they identified more with him than meathead

It was clear that Archie has no problem with black people or gay people, he's just misinformed and has to come to terms with his long-held beliefs, which he does over the course of the show

He ends up accepting his gay friend and becoming friends with many black people over the course of the show

People who trumpet Archie Bunker as some sort of Cred Forums bastion of racism and right-wing beliefs have never seen the show

His sone was just a dumb hippy-dippy bandwagon-jumper who looked like he was fucking 40 and still lived at home. That's why people disliked him

Best line ever:

youtube.com/watch?v=GzFWRPiNXOI

>Meathead was the clarity but was there always in an overbearing way so there was that middle ground for you the viewer. Such a damn good show.
We're pretty much agreed that Gloria was intolerable 100% of the time even if she was right, aren't we?

>no one on Cred Forums's old enough to know what this is anymore, meathead
You'd be surprised.

You say this like it was a regular thing.

oh boy

This. Archie would SAY and THINK a lot of racist and bigoted things, but in the end he would always do the right thing.