Holy shit I just got hulu. Why do people even clown around with netflix...

Holy shit I just got hulu. Why do people even clown around with netflix? Hulu has 9 million movies rating from awesome to masterful. Netflix has like 5 shows to binge watch...

Shill thread successful!
10 Cents have been deposited into your account!

Not sure if memeing but it's leaving Hulu within a couple months and moving to the new Filmstruck streaming service aka Netkino w other labels. It was nice to have access to a lot of.criterion films yea but they didn't add much after a while. Hopefully FilmStruck is more thorough. They will have commentary and bonus features which is promising.

Lol you're shit out of luck for Criterion bruh Hulu is getting rid of them in November.

sweet mother of FUCK I just got myself a Hulu account. now for a reasonable fee per month I have access to over 6 million shows and blockbuster movies, Netflix just cant compete.

It's only good for Criterion movies. They let them run with no ads. The tv selection is mostly trash and has terrible repetitive ads.

Seriously? No more criterion? I might cancel before the free trial is up then...

Kinda pissed now. I was excited and then I get the rug pulled out from under me.

netflix is honestly pretty fucking shitty. some good tv shows on there but the movies are atrocious.

bought myself a hulu last week as well
this library is so vast in comparison to netflix
why don't we hulu and chill? xD

Hulu is the BEST!!

#Hulu

>hey cmon watch our new netflix original series!
>cmon
>do it!!

@75128584

Hulu has such great service too!

I'm an old Cred Forums user, not a shill btw

First off, no fucking way do they have 9 million movies.
Second off, the vast majority of their movies are utter shit that they probably paid pennies for the rights for. Basically the same thing as Netflix.

Criterion is leaving in Nov, but Filmstruck launches later this month and will carry Criterion movies.

Having hulu, amazon prime, and netflix is the way to go.

26 akira kurosawa movies.
8 seijun suzuki movies.
A ton of classic Hong Kong cinema.
Those 3 things alone are probably more good movies than are on netflix.

So after criterion goes away from hulu, where do I go for masterclass quality movies?

Do you even know what hanzo the razor is?
Picture a 70s cop movie but in feudal japan. He kills the bad guys and then "interrogates" the women with his massive dong that he beats with a mallet to toughen it up. Show me that on netflix.

You were shit out of luck to begin with.
>that abysmal bitrate

Based FilmStruck is about to come and save us all. I'll happily drop Hulu for it. I never understood why Criterion even partnered with them. They're not built for movies at all.

Filmstruck. $10 a month though.

What's film's truck got besides criterion coming?

the Filmstruck library is basically TCM. It will probably be great.

Criterion has like 900 films. I think that's good enough.

Cause its US only, and rest rest of the world exists despite what Americans think.

It's Turner Classic Movies and Criterion. They also mentioned working with several indie studios as well.

It's on a rotating library of roughly ~200 flicks from both the Criterion Collection and TCM. You don't get the full library whenever you want.

Mubi seems really interesting. Are any of the films on it actually good?

You have my interest... ditch hulu for this?

It will not access the TCM library contrary to what many of us thought. They said so in an Instagram comment yday I think. They'll feature the foreign and indie TCM films but not classics, bafflingly.

I have hulu, netflix, amazon, slingtv, hbonow, showtime, and I'll be getting that filmstruck thing too.
Plus I have some premium memberships on popular filesharing sites for when I can't find what I want to watch.
It's the ultimate content combo IMO, although netflix's library isn't what it used to be.

I'll preface this question by saying that I don't mean it in a rude or condescending way.

How do you feel that you're paying as much/more than people who have cable? Do you feel you get your money's worth?

I like watching documentaries a lot but I've gone through most of the decent ones on netflix. Which VOD service has the best documentary selection? I'll probably get filmstruck once it starts, so hopefully it has nice documentaries too otherwise I'll have to try another service.

I have cable, but I don't live in the US, so that explains a lot. These services are the only way for me to get un-dubbed, un-subbed content.
Also, on-demand is a huge plus for me. I don't like DVR-ing stuff.

Which cunt do you live in

>Muh Amazon prime video

YOU ALL IDIOTS

YOU BUY NETFLIX FOR WHEN GIRLS COME ROUND OR WHENYOU WANT TO WATCH SHITTY FILMS WITH THAT MATE WHO HAS AN INTEREST FOR FILM

Chile.
In terms of value, it's relative, as with everything.

>charging more money despite not adding anything good

I'm done with Netflix.

Are you able to enjoy kino even with cars blasting reggaeton?

Why are you spending so much money on utter shit?

What a waste of money, you know you don't watch half of that crap.

Bump for answers to , why does Cred Forums hate documentaries unless they're meme documentaries like the Amanda Knox one?

Documentaries (at least political ones) are all propaganda. No one who doesn't already have a strong bias is going to invest the time and money to make something that may prove them wrong.

I don't have that many cars like that on my street. It's mostly barking from stray dogs.

The value for me is not how many hours/month I use each service, it's the instant access to a big library. Also, it's expendable income, I'm a wizard with a job.

The frustrating thing is that they're actually getting rid of the stuff people pay for to make room for their shit original content.

The goal apparently is to have a catalog of 50/50, half licensed content half originals. It's going to be a deluge of medicore garbage with one or two House of Cards level shows in the mix, while rights to stuff like Twin Peaks is allowed to expire

Sorry, it's an Cred Forums meme about Chile

Documentaries are super hard to make well.
You can accurately show what happens but it might not be that interesting.
You can fit what happens into a story arc but it might not be accurate.
I think it's pretty rare that a documentary can do both. Also real life just doesn't tend to be as interesting as good fantasy.

There are rarer and rarer good objective documentaries about someone/something you know little or nothing about.
Those are the good ones.
If you already know the person or story, you already have an opinion, or know the twists and outcomes.

Hey guys did you know food is bad for you?
Did you know your deeply held political biases are true and it's worse than you thought?
Also some old guy makes sushi.

>couple months
like 2 weeks

Uhm, why pay for shitty services when you can get all of this for free?

Convenience.

Because if you make more than minimum wage it's literally not worth your time to steal movies over paying 10 bucks a month.

You'll understand when you're older and have a job.

Shill #1
Shill #2

Criterion Collection is leaving Hulu on Oct. 19

It's mostly because pirated content expires quickly. Either links get shut down, or torrents lose seeders. I've been there a lot of times.
Also, why have just one source of content?
My flow is:
- Legal streaming
- Filesharing services
- Torrent (only if I'm really desperate)

why does this happen? ;_;

Because not even dedicated seeders can keep up with the huge amount of new content created every day.

*can't

>more than minimum wage
>worth your time

I pulled in six figures last year and it generally takes five mins to "steal" movies so where is your baseless shit now user?

I pirated all of Criterion's catalogue in an hour

none of that happens on decent private trackers

let him feel better about wasting money

he's butthurt he's not apart of any private trackers.

>generally
>five mins
If you really make six figures why are you willing to waste so much time rather than pay for instant on demand movies/tv shows for $10 a month

because download > streaming numbnuts

>insulting to show he knows he's wrong
Streaming > download unless you know for sure you're going to rewatch it again very soon. Otherwise there is no reason to and every reason not to.

They are fucking insane. Nice dub dubs btw

But streaming is eyecancer user.

Sorry I'm not willing to expose my anal glands to Daryl Basementdweller over the internet just for an invite

>pay for instant on demand movies/tv shows for $10 a month

Why does that sound so much like an advertising tag line?

Because I don't watch pleb stuff in over compressed 720p.

Use a disposable email address you mong.

Are you not capable of deleting things once you've watched them?

Anyone who doesn't torrent is a coward. Why have you allowed those worthless whores on social media to normalize your values? We're the future, we should act like it.

>Are you not capable of deleting things once you've watched them?
I never made an issue out of space

Because most documentaries have little cinematic merit, they're just shots of people telling us things intercut with voiceover telling us more things. The standard is a lot lower than it tends to be with other kinds of filmmaking - when stuff that is, cinematically, of no greater merit than an episode of Real Housewives gets acclaimed purely because people found the information it contained interesting, why try harder?

But Cred Forums has had threads about Big Brother, Jersey Shore, and other shit like that with little cinematic merit. Why not nice documentaries?

Then go make a thread it.

Torrents don't lose seeders anywhere near as much as links expire, anyone depending on direct download sites is truly misdirecting their clicks, my good man.

Whenever I do they die right away with no replies. It's too heartbreaking to try too often.

Because the kind of people who make six figures are the kind of people capable of prioritizing and patience, you worthless fucking suburban drudge who should have his kids A Serbian Film'd in front of him.

streaming PQ is miles behind disc based media

Oh wow, he demonizes the loose, equitable social interactions of the internet in favor of dependence on an artificially scarce source with a cruddy pipeline, how headset monkey.

>Cred Forums caring about cinematic merit

Cred Forums doesn't likethe because Herzog aside it's hard to meme with a documentary about penguins or squid. There's no big guys for you or racist frogs featured in Life on Earth or The Blue Planet and flamingos never get blacked.

Cred Forums doesn't like the art form of moving pictures Cred Forums likes dank memes.

You said it's not worth it unless you know you'll rewatch. Surely that suggests not wanting to own it anymore.

>prioritizing chump change over time
His priorities sure are out of whack. I doubt he's as wealthy as he says.

It's not worth it because you have to wait longer whereas streaming is instant. I didn't mean ownership or diskspace.

are you retarded? it literally takes

No, here's the thing - the people who talk about documentaries are a subset of those talking about art cinema, not a subset of those talking about blockbusters and TV. So cinematic appeal comes into it. Most documentary makers put little effort into the form of their films, and just copy the prevailing form. The result is sameyness. This is the reason independently produced documentaries routinely get bought by and edited into series strands - they can be because they so often look the same, regardless of how unconnected the production teams and circumstances were.

Nobody should talk about anything Attenborough's done this decade anyway, the man has become a meme, wheeled on to assert that the BBC hasn't changed when it has.

Definitely gonna try out Filmstruck when it comes out. Netflix occasionally has good movies, but most of them are shit.

30 films 1 added and 1 removed each day which may seem a bit shit but honestlty the quality is right up there.

Oh I am senpai. I am.

Not done a stroke of work in 5 years still got a six figure income, just got back from three months in Dubai and off to Aspen as soon as they get fresh powder. Enjoy paying your kike subscription. I'll score hot chicks and pirate movies. Shit's gonna be cash.

Are you retarded? That's still not instant, even if everyone had such internet connections and every show/movie they downloaded had so many seeders.

Confirmed for guy who'll never earn six figures.

Fuck, do you chew with your mouth opened? What kind of retard pays not to wait five minutes? Peasants like you are what's wrong with the internet now, you don't deserve the vote, let alone internet access.

yup, so I have to wait 5 minutes and I get to not give money to jews?

sign me the fuck up

it takes 1 seeder for download speeds of >3mbps

maybe you should stop with the sour grapes and find a private tracker?

>complains about wasting time
>spends half his day on this shitty board of all places on Cred Forums

The problem is the lack of momentum, those shows all have many episodes for a following to build up and can be seen casually, where a documentary lost in the sea of documentaries - there are too many on Netflix, more than any other genre of filmmaking - is often not going to have been even noticed in passing before it gets mentioned here. Blame the ease with which documentaries can be produced, too, as noted above.

what kind of asshat pays for internet then on top of that pays for movie streaming service?

just get invited to PtP, BtN and torrent anything you want for free

You have to have a personality and volition for that. These people are headset monkeys.

I don't understand you subscription serfs, why don't you just attend every movie you want to see at the multiplex, buy one of everything at the concessions, and tip the usher $300?

That's what you sound like, you paycucks.

NO

Isn't PassthePopcorn full though?
As in no more people are getting invited

Those are Cred Forums immigrants here because the Cred Forums mods don't allow them make the threads there.

>immigrants

This concept where you have a native board and are an 'immgrant' when you post on others is redditor shit.

I have neither. I still dont really know what netflicks is to be honest.
I used to use hulu when it was free btw.

I'm not a shill but there's a new thing coming out this month called filmstruck and criterion is directly partnered so they should get the good shit