So how has your Horror October gone so far, Cred Forums...

So how has your Horror October gone so far, Cred Forums? I watched 31 horror films last October and I'm trying again this October. So far at five and I'm gonna watch a couple more tonight.

>The Purge: Election Day - 3/10
>Green Room - 7/10
>The Neon Demon - 5.5/10
>Knock Knock - 7.5/10
>Saló, or the 120 Days of Sodom - ???/10

Still thinking about Saló.

How's it going for you guys?

None.

I don't feel frightened at all when I watch horror movies, but my subconscious clearly freaks out on me and I incur terrible nightmares for days/weeks.

I watched the Exorcist two hours before bed, fell asleep and I had a dream that I was speaking to a girl. The girl had a paper and she kept asking me to read it, but aloud. It was all jibberish on paper, but I began reciting it and she kept asking me to recite more lines, almost pushing me to do so.

Had to force myself to wake up. Looked some languages online to see if I recognized anything, and the closest thing I saw was hebrew. I'm not even fucking Jewish.

Another time, I watched Freddy and had a nightmare with him in it. He chased me throughout the dream, then caught me and we drank koolaid together for the remainder of the dream.

Yeah, koolaid. Blue koolaid. I still don't know what it means. Shit happened four or five years ago. I had to pee furiously when I woke up, though.

Jesus, man, sorry to hear that. You ever talk to a therapist about that shit?

Shuddufuckup faggot

Give me my minute back for reading that bullshit of a paragraph

Thinking about seeing Salo as its long overdue for me to watch
I'm gonna be watching some good old J-slpatter nonsense and probably checking out more Miike because everything he does is weird in some way

Saló didn't disturb me and it wasn't frightening, but it was sickening.

Didnt like the Green room at all.
Neon Demon wasnt great but I thought it was better than the Green room. About a 6 or 7 or so.

>Blair Witch Project
I get why people would like it because of the atmosphere and realness to it. I don't necessarily understand why the actress got awarded for "worst actor", I just found her character to be immensly annoying.

>Scream 4
A movie that shouldn't exist and is dumber than the original in many ways. And then you have the haha-hit on Instagram-Girls "deconstructing" her laughable motifs. It's dumb. Didn't even do anything new with webcams or so.

The Conjuring 2 came on blu-ray the other day, hope it's going to be as good as the 1st

Nope. I just stay away from horror movies. They don't scare me while I'm awake, just when I'm sleeping. I think it's my body's way if telling me, "hey, you SHOULD be afraid while watching it since you store all of your fear in your subconscious."
Sorry, you got tricked into reading my blog.
Heard Salo is several levels of fucked up.

What didn't you like about Green Room?

Considering I casually browse this site I think I'll be ok but I guess we'll see

So far so good
>Rosemary's Baby
>The Final Girls
>Diabolique
>Repulsion
>The Tenant
>Eyes Without a Face
>The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
>The Haunted Strangler
>Black Sunday
>A Bay of Blood

More I want to watch:
>Kwaidan
>Peeping Tom
>The Uninvited
>Who Can Kill a Child?

And it's probably about time I see The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I haven't watched a movie in two months.

Should probably get on that.

I watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre for the first time two years back and it did not disappoint. It's a really great film, probably my favorite horror film. Peeping Tom is also really great as well.

I already know what happens in Who Can Kill a Child?, but I may still watch it just because its finale sounds absurd.

Right on, have any recommendations?

If you've never seen Cube, give that a whirl. It's poorly written, but the shit that goes on in the film is a lot of fun.

Death Spa is also a really dumb yet still pretty enjoyable film. I remember watching Romero's Martin a few years back and thinking that was really good.

Possession is another really out there one.

Oh, totally forgot: Cannibal Holocaust

I went into it thinking it wouldn't be that bad and that people only liked it because it was edgy, but it was still pretty damn disturbing and really well-made.

> Green room>neon demon

I fucking hate refn and I actually liked green room, but your rating is just bad.

Watch some mommy-core horror (pic related)

What made Neon Demon great?

I was told to watch the Cube just yesterday, I'll check it out.

I'm down for Martin, haven't seen any Romero movies outside of the "Dead" series.

Death Spa looks fun,

Have seen Possession, and if Cannibal Holocaust is more disturbing than that, not sure I could handle it.

The atmosphere of constant unease, plus the beautiful imagery.

it's not

Green room was a straight forward thriller. It was enjoyable, but nothing special.

As I said, I don't like refn, but neon demon actually managed to make good use of visual language, especially compared to his other films. Not so ham-fisted, but still not amazing.

I'd give green room a 5.5, just above average.

And neon demon a 7.5.

Also Cred Forums just tricked me into watching The Den. 1/10

Been on a werewolf kick. Watched An American Werewolf in London, Dog Soldiers, and Ginger Snaps over the last couple days.

Also watched Blair Witch in theatres and it wasn't great.

Probably will watch the Howling soon along with a bunch of found footage movies I put on my IMDB to watch list. Also Jacob's Ladder, which I've seen a little bit of but never watched all the way through.

I felt more unease during Green Room than Neon Demon.

One pro for Neon Demon is that those two hours went by fast.

It's been eh so far. I wish I had more free time to commit to 31 movies.

Horror-related so far:
>Who Saw Her Die? - 6.5/10
>Cat People - 7/10
>Deep Red - 8.5/10 (rewatch)
>Halloween 4: Return of MM - 6/10
>Return of the Living Dead - 7/10

Want to see Trick 'r Treat, because I loved Krampus. Also want to rewatch The Exorcist, as it's been a while. Already seen most of the 2016 horror movies I'm interested in, except for Train to Busan and (if it counts) the new Godzilla. Might watch February (Blackcoat's Daughter) because setting looks interesting and pacing/tone reminds me of Bone Tomahawk.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Green Room. Saulnier is a grounded director who really knows how to effectively portray violence.

OP here. Just watched Gremlins for the first time. That was pretty bad. It was just boring for 2/3rds. At least there was Phoebe Cates, meaning I now get to look up her nude scenes and maybe jerk off to them.

Deep Red was a bit disappointing to me. I found it to be really good, but thought it could be great if the movie was as exciting as its first ten or so minutes.

go check out don't breathe, its awesome.
Also my thoughts on green room its an abovee average flick for sure but patrick stewart was so under used, should've had way more screen time and actually said shit instead of mumbling the whole time.

Eehhh, I'm not sure how I feel regarding Patrick Stewart. I feel like having him play a bigger role would have made the focus of the film on Patrick Stewart. I think he had just as big a role as he should have had. Plus I cracked up when he called that drug something like "nigger-rock" or whatever.

there's a bad batch of that nigger-dope goin round

There we go, that's the line.

i love the way he said nigger, sounded so comfortable with it, almost like he'd been saying it for years....
Wait a second...

I like to imagine he complained to the scriptwriter after reading the screenplay that he doesn't say "nigger" once. Something like, "How can I be a White Supremacist if I don't say 'nigger'?"

why is body horror even considered horror?

horror should be about inducing fear not disgust.

Cred Forums tricked me into watching the witch, it was mediocre. Also watched The Purge Election and Paranormal Activity 1-3 (will watch the rest soon), it was fucking bad. Though PA1 had some alright night scenes tbqh, but it was still boring overall, and the 2 sequels are lazy.

>Scream
Yesterday, I watched pic related for the first time and I think it's garbage for the most part. It has its funny moments, though. What's the deal with the Indigo poster in Sidney's room, by the way? Yeah, I'm one of those faggots who think that every object in a certain position has a special meaning in a movie.

I saw Scream two years back on Halloween for the first time. Unfortunately, I'm a lightweight and was already six or seven beers in, meaning I was fading in and out of consciousness. I really don't remember much.

I do remember being in elementary school 20 years ago and like half the kids dressing up as the Scream guy.