Is there any anime movies as comfy and creative and amazing as spirited away or is this movie the absolute peak...

Is there any anime movies as comfy and creative and amazing as spirited away or is this movie the absolute peak? I havent seen alot of anime so im genuinely asking. Does anything come close ?
The only other anime movies ive seen are akira and ghost in a shell, which both although very good, just arent nearly as comfy as spirited away. its like it was made for people who really like atmosphere, mood, and for lack of a better word, vibes, over plot structure and narrative.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_Wcl0UxHRw
youtube.com/watch?v=RtrU4-LMtVk
youtube.com/watch?v=nhP1uFvam-E
youtube.com/watch?v=CsR3KVgBzSM
youtube.com/watch?v=iwROgK94zcM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli#Films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

studio ghibli did a lot of films like these. try castle in the sky. it's older and most people don't care about it very much but i think it's their comfiest.

Princess Mononoke is the comfiest anime move in existence.

Shinkai is better than Miyazaki

Hime Mononoke is pretty chill. I'd recommend Mushishi or Tabi no Kino if you want max comfy though.

depends if you savor the urge to kill yourself

Porco Rosso is top comfy

Niea_7.
Poorfag comfy.
Just listen to that OST.
youtube.com/watch?v=v_Wcl0UxHRw
youtube.com/watch?v=RtrU4-LMtVk

The sadness is actually exquisite. There is no better sweetness and bittersweet.

yes

I hated castle in the sky
Princess is a crybaby

song of the sea, Cred Forumsee

it's old fashioned, that's the traditional character. i think the cliches make it comfier and ground the setting.

She was terrible she couldn't do anything on her own
And when she's by herself she starts crying

Isn't this the only ghibli movie where the main girl is a weak bitch?

i hate you

Howl was as comfy if not comfier than Spirited away especially in the beginning and end.

You don't know comfy until you've watched Aria.

Yeah hayao movies set atmosphere well and joe's soundtracks are great

My nig

Howl was definitely comfy
Idk why it was hated?
Because it was too simple or something

damn this looks pretty comfy senpai

best backgrounds i have ever seen

Journey to Agartha - The Children Who Chase Lost Voices

youtube.com/watch?v=nhP1uFvam-E

I agree that this movie is extremely comfy.

>over plot structure and narrative.
This is a double-edged sword, as the magic doesn't hold up well under repeated viewings.

looks pretty comfy thx

Kimi no Na wa

This movie has less of a plot than Spirited Away, derivative of Castle in the Sky, and has your so typically Japanese nonsensical narrative, and seems like the inspiration behind it was, "Nobody's done an anime movie based on an Central American Indian aesthetic. Let's do that."

But it is comfy.

Ponyo
youtube.com/watch?v=CsR3KVgBzSM

Howls Moving Castle
youtube.com/watch?v=iwROgK94zcM

Anything made by Studio Ghibli
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli#Films

That's hardly the movie's worst problems and actually works to its advantage by having such a sympathetic character.

tried asking Cred Forums they all seemed really douchey and basically told me to fuck off

This is his best work, his ecofascist magnum opus.

Literally Ted Kaczynski: The anime

Porco is easily the comfiest.

lol

why was her skirt so short?
bothered me the entire movie

This I love it, not well liked on tv though but it's one of the most visually beautiful films ever

I wish Spirited Away had never won an Academy Award. The blu-ray is so damn expensive now.

It's not a skirt. She was wearing a coat or whatever. She was wearing pants.

Miyazaki is a pedophile

>castle in the sky
yes

my favourite is nausica
the manga is pretty serious too apparently, though I can't get into pictures that don't move

This film is a fucking animation masterpiece.

First time I've seen someone recommending Niea_7. Just wanted to tell you that you have great taste.

It's a jacket.

Top tier comfy taste friendo

Try Satoshi Kon. He made Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika. Maybe not sa 'comfy', but at least as masterful.

> tfw to depressed to enjoy studio ghilbi

OP asked for anime.

Haven't seen, but it seems to resemble The Secret of Kells, though much more variety in the artwork.

Perfect blue and paranoia agent are masterful.

Paprika is a brilliant editing and animation showcase, but the story is a boring clusterfuck.

Tokyo Godfathers is a Christmas movie, it's sentimental drivel.

check out wolf children

>Paprika is a brilliant editing and animation showcase, but the story is a boring clusterfuck.
This. I didn't want to say it because some people love this movie to bizarre extremes, but like Lucas says, special effects without a story is a boring thing, and this movie basically had no story.