Just watched this for the first time. Holy fuck. What a masterpiece. Made me feel like a kid again...

Just watched this for the first time. Holy fuck. What a masterpiece. Made me feel like a kid again. I had tears in my eyes for half an hour after watching it. Is there a better movie in existence, Cred Forums?

the score is great desu

I would suggest not to watch it any time again soon, or you'll start to notice some problems.

Like what? I can't think of any of the top of my head

>I had tears in my eyes for half an hour after watching it.
tits or gtfo

Go watch Paprika and the Girl who flew through time

Sloppy and unnecessary romance, hasty resolution with the employees of the bathhouse inexplicably liking Chihiro in the end, dip in quality after the river spirit, and not enough character motivation for Haku. Some parts feel rushed, while others are finely paced or too slow, which makes sense based on how Miyazaki's original script being far too large for a single movie.

A very good film, perhaps a great one, but several flaws that become more glaring on repeated viewings, though I always thought the romance was poorly done.

>Is there a better movie in existence, Cred Forums?

For me the holy trinity of Ghibli movies is Whisper of the Heart, Spirited Away, and The Tale of the Princess Kaguya.

The only Ghibli movies you should actually avoid are Pom Poko and Tales from Earthsea.

I didn't exactly see it as a "romance" per say, maybe as a developing friendship between children.

The scene where she remembers his name definitely had some romantic undertones, though.

And I did notice some pacing issues but honestly I was just far too enthralled by the world to care. The train scene completely transported me. And the entire ending with her seeing her parents again, her hand leaving Haku's, not being able to look back, and having the car covered in leaves tore my heart to shreds.

The main thing I loved was the brilliance of the world, just how it took me away right back to having such a childlike sense of wonder. The animation and voice acting were great as well in my opinion.

Maybe I will come around to what you see on repeat watches but for now I cannot remember the last time a movie affected me so profoundly.

I really liked princess monoke, but nostalga is making me biased towards it because that's the only Ghibli movie I watched as a kid.

>I didn't exactly see it as a "romance" per say, maybe as a developing friendship between children.
Then this should have been clarified, because love is definitely mentioned, and not particularly in a platonic way. It's still childish for us to expect anything significant to develop between then.

It's done much worse on Ponyo because the kids are even younger and it's somehow more important to the plot. There are actually much worse problems with that movie.

> honestly I was just far too enthralled by the world to care.
Which is why I said they would become more apparent on repeated viewings, and why I suggested to not see it again too soon.

>The main thing I loved was the brilliance of the world, just how it took me away right back to having such a childlike sense of wonder.
No doubt.

>Cred Forums 'trying' to speak about Cred Forumsnime

Its the best animation of all time.

Ignore all the fags who are gonna bring up obscure no-name anime, noone has heard off.

Fuck off weeb, we are discussing animation movies.

Its tumblrs favourite but imo 80s gore ovas are superior

>>>/Facebook/

the ending song to this movie fucking killed me

just sat there for the entire credits feeling numb

bittersweet to the max

The man's general movie making process can be summed up as: make story boards and have a story woven around them. Problems will be entirely incidental. Results: Inexplicably charming.

>being far too large for a single movie.
Remember, it could have always ended much sooner.

Out of all of Miyazaki's stuff Spirited Away is consistently highly rated but pretty much everything else he's directed is competitive. I personally like Porco Rosso and Castle in the Sky more than all the rest.

90s gore OVAs > 80s gore OVAs

Im pretty sure anyone with half a brain understood that theme.

There's a massive penis shaped statue in the front of that tunnel in the beggining of the movie if you haven't noticed

>per say

neck yourself kiddo

1. Tale of Princess Kaguya
2. Nausicä of the Valley of the Wind
3. Ocean Waves
4. Grave of the Fireflies
5. Spirited Away
6. The Wind Rises
7. Kiki's Delivery Service
8. My Neighbours the Yamadas
9. From Up on Poppy Hill
10. Pom Poko

Boy have I got a movie for you.

>Tale of Princess Kaguya
I'm fairly stunned that people love this movie so much. To me, it was fairly mediocre. It shows that ancient Japanese storytelling was fairly primitive. And for those that place it on top, are you seriously suggesting that Ghibli's greatest film wasn't by Miyazaki?

Yes,
A K I R A

>Porco Rosso is not in that list