Is Tetsuo a cult film or an art film and what is a cult film?

Is Tetsuo a cult film or an art film and what is a cult film?

drill dick fantasies

It's [f u n]

It is an artistic cult film

It's a shitty film.

>hfw when you whip out the drill

It's an artistic shitty flick.

>tfw making the mistake of watching Body Hammer

I mean I wasn't expecting a rehash of the first movie but it had almost nothing that made Iron Man interesting, even the body transformations weren't that great. What the fuck happened?

Is it possible for a cult film to get so popular that it's no longer a cult film?

A cult film is a film that is unpopular on release and becomes popular over time. Most movies reach the peak of their popularity on release.

Oh come on now I have to see it.

it just doesn't have the same energy as the first one

and the 3rd is even worse

It's like the polar opposite of Iron Man. Instead of something that feels like you're watching an intense nightmare with disturbing images flying at you faster than a kid saying nigger on Cred Forums for their first week you're watching a really slow plot that's told through a more traditional way that's incredibly uninteresting until the last ten minutes.

Would you say Big Lebowski is a cult film?

>TETSUOOOOOO

Good to watch a bit drunk.

It is cult. In a good way.
Art films are films like Trash Humpers and Cremaster. They are made for art gallery viewing.

But those are the best kinds of movies.

He went full Lucas with the third one
>pick all the symbolism of the previous movies
>explain everything with midichlorians shit

Bravo Tsukamoto

>really slow plot
do smoke a lot of weed? It is not slow. It is fast paced. While more conventional, it has it's own merits. It is less personal, more apocalyptic.

Not with this movie. It's just boring as fuck until a flashback sequence at the end, otherwise it's just a really lame scifi/action movie that half assed the most notable aspect of Iron Man by making most of the body transformations just be an armgun until the final action sequence.

>He went full Lucas with the third one
Ya, the third one was pretty awful. The tinted colours looked cheap too.

Compared to the first movie it's very slow though it's not exactly an issue I just wanted that guy to not go in expecting something that has the extremely fast pace of the first.

One of my favorite movies of all time. Shame about the sequels though but luckily Tsukamotos other films are great

KANEDA

DIEEEEEEE
>misses spectacularly

Electric Dragon 80.000V > Tetsuo

I'm glad you make this thread every day now, firstly because I love Tetsuo with all my heart and secondly because this way I don't have to start a new thread everyday to proclaim that Tetsuo II: Body Hammer is technically superior to part one in every aspect. Tsukamoto is a genius and in Body Hammer it really shows, plus Chu Ishikawa's soundtrack is incredible.

Seriously, everyone watch Body Hammer. People tend to be thoroughly disappointed in it because they compare it to the first one and expect something raw and dirty like Eraserhead but on its own merit, it's great.

Electric Dragon is great even though it's not as good as tetsuo

>Tsukamoto is a genius
This.

Body Hammer falls flat every single way you look at it. Everything from the soundtrack to the special effects is so far below The Iron Man it's not even funny. It's shit, and that's all it is.

Body Hammer is ok but Tokyo Fist is his best movie.

You are objectively wrong, what the fuck are you smoking? The special effects and soundtrack are leagues above The Iron Man, as is the acting, editing, camera etc.