What went wrong? I mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as good as the first season

What went wrong? I mean it wasn't bad but it wasn't nearly as good as the first season.

>first season written over three years and made with single director
>second season written over six months and made with multiple directors
Gee you tell me, Sherlock

I'd say it was Cary Fukunaga (pbuh) not being on board. He surely flattened and removed the excesses in the first season script judging by the horseshit that made it into season 2.

Also McConnaughey and based Woody.

Caspere knew this

Made in reaction to the first season. Everybody wanted to be the new Rust, everyone wanted to be the enigmatic burnout who carried the weight of the world on their shoulders.

It went at it with 4 Rusts and hoped that would carry the show without coming up with a compelling plot. What the show really needed was no Rust-type, it needed to move forward and tell a different story with different types of characters.

It was pretty bad

It had mcadams which was nice

They killed best boy

Will there ever be a third season?

>Everyone is Rust

People who say this don't understand the second season and should be ignored.

>boring, convoluted plot
>gay John Carter, the worst character in the entire series
>forced, inconsequential cliffhangers, e.g. Ray getting shotgunned
>way too much filler

that hbo guy looking over pizza's shoulder the whole time, he even admitted season 2 was his fault because it was so rushed.

It was 5 years, then touched up after they cast the leads.

Nic should have passed off duties to other strong writers - like David Chase did with The Sopranos. He had Terrence Winter, Mathew Weiner and that husband and wife whos names elude me.

Bold assumption. But at the same time, I feel a number of directors didn't understand or do the season 2 scripts justice. Surprisingly, Justin Lin did incredibly well. The first episode is a masterclass in direction. But man, episode 4 is terrible.

They killed all boys

I had a dream about this show as a VR "experience". Velcoro and the gay guy were on some bus and Vince Vaughn and his crew were shooting at it on a highway. It was a really weird dream.

>what went wrong

Your neurological development.

S2 was great. Only plebs didnt like it, because it didnt have occult memes and existential ramblings of McConahey.

Nah it was shit

It was so bad that HBO wanted to fire Pizza right away

>Nah it was shit

WTF I HATE COMPLEX PLOTS NOW BECAUSE SOME STRANGER DIDNT GET IT

does anyone have the Greek tragedy analysis of TD2?

these.

Season 2 was better in every way.

It really wasn't

>What went wrong?
The biggest issue is that all the plot lines must be tied up during a single 50 minute episode, which is a pretty fucking hard thing to do when you've got 4 out of 4 main characters still alive and kicking for a good half of the final episode.

The show was just out of scope for pizza.

I hope so

McConaughey said he'd be interested to do another season recently

All his troubles could have been avoided in episode 1.

>No, i did not try to solicitate a bj from that woman because im as gay as last year's fall lineup. Don't believe me? Come to my house and see all the gay shit I do. Ill suck your dick right here if i have to.

Boom. Woodrow lives.

Cops don't tolerate gays among them you tard. It was either play ball or quit the force

Vince's acting reminded me of mark whalberg in the happening

i want my goddamn underground metro plot