We need to start supporting older women in Hollywood

We need to start supporting older women in Hollywood

So she wants something more adequate right? How about casting her as a camel in the Aladdin live action remake?

Is her left eye trying to escape?

Tell that to Meryl Streep, Judi Dench, and Cate Blanchett.

You can get parts in Hollywood if you know you're capable of acting. Something Felicia never learned to do.

O L D A N D B U S T E D

>i'm 37 years old and i just got a role as a 35 year old what the hell why is hollywood kicking 35 year old women out of the industry

I cannot believe how stupid this bitch is.

Who is this pummel camel?

>You can get parts in Hollywood if you know you're capable of acting
This sums it up pretty well. If your career is based on your looks, of course the roles are going to start drying up, the second your looks do.

If looks are all you're bringing to the table you age out sooner than that, but if you can act it's like this user said

>Get audition asking people around your age
>Hollywood doesn't want people my age!

?

When is she going to get a nose job?

Millennials think 30 is old age.

She's beautiful she looks like me.

You saying I'm ugly motherfucker? I'll spit on your face.

she looks 50

Well what did you expect being the laughable "LOL NERD!" poster bitch instead of doing a good performance?

>Boomers now want Hollywood to pander to them, politicians weren't enough
kys

why?

OP are you a lesbian

When you're 35, yes, in general, you're too old to be getting the part of "the young 20 year old girl." If your entire career was built around being that young college-aged girl, yes, that part of your career has ended, and you either move on in your career and do parts for you, or your career is over (and you've "aged out" of Hollywood).

And there are parts for 35 year old women, and you need to go after those roles instead of trying for roles that younger, prettier women are going to take.

Or, you can cry about it on the internet for internet points from idiots. Whatever.

Her problem isn't age, it't the fact that she has no talent and looks like a burned out dumpster fire

don't be so fucking rude

Adding to this, if you're a child actor, the same shit happens to you: when you hit puberty, you "age out" of Hollywood because your career was built around being a little kid and you are no longer one. You need to either transition and continue your career, or quit and find something else to do.

LOL, so does she still think she's young and attractive or something? This surprises her? Or does it not surprise her at all, and she went to the audition knowing damn well what it was, and just wanted something to be complaing about on shitter?

well shes definitely not getting the roll now

I worked with Felicia and Wil a few years back. they never land roles. Felicia tried for Melisandre on Game Of Thrones and she was convinced she was going to get it

>37
>boomer

she is proof that you don't have to have any talent at all to make it. an inspiration to us all.

great way to be blacklisted you dumb bitch

how long until she's doing blacked?

I doubt Blacked would even want her, looking how she is now.

She's not even close to BLACKED standards. Maybe dogfart.

She should be grateful that she ever had a career in the first place, to be quite honest.

CAMEL
A
M
E
L

Of course she was convinced. Both Wesley and Felicia are used to being asspatted by their stupid fanbases into believing they are anything but trash.

>and she was convinced she was going to get it

Sounds like she was turned down and now is pretending she didn't want the part anyway

Do they not understand supply and demand? If there is a demand for old ugly hags to be in movies or tv they will get them. Generally speaking people want beautiful young people in movies.

>how long until she's doing blacked?
She's a racist so probably never.

She is just in a panic that the only thing she had to a career is drying up. I see she's turning to the glass of kool-aid to stay relevant.

It's so weird how you never see 25 year old actresses talk about how they want more older role models.

Jesus christ. I'm trying to picture her acting next to Davos and Stannis. Even Jon would look like a master next to her. Gendry probably would've vomited when he had to grab her flappy pancake tits.

Good thing we got based Van Houten.

How stupid is she? Even the most teenage of teenager movies still have adults in as the parents. It's almost impossible to think of any movie that didn't have a 35+ year old women in. The only problem for her is that these roles aren't the stars which her ego clearly can't cope with

this is fucking hilarious when you consider that carice van houten manages to be a combination of older, hotter, and much more talented than her, and by an especially large margin on the last two

Felicia likes to brag about how she read the books before the show. she told me that during the interview she started talking about how big of a fan she is and she knows everything about the books and she has red hair like Melsandre.
I guess she thought the casting director would be smitten with her and cast her

>refuse to post anything other than vague twitter update about role
Absolute bullshit imo

wtf I love camels now

I'm surprised she couldn't get the part.

old women serve no purpose, let's kill em once they reach 35 years old, thanks

> The only problem for her is that these roles aren't the stars which her ego clearly can't cope with

She has not once in her life played the starring role in a tv show. Why would she have an ego that doesn't allow her to play minor roles when literally her entire Hollywood career is based on recurring minor guest roles?

well that's a good way to get a job

Abigail Spencer is 35 and looks great. She's also stars on 2 tv shows. What is Felicia Day's excuse for having a failure of a career? Thats like blaming the patriarchy for getting old.

>Cast me in this role that I already have tons of preconceptions and ideas about because my hair is the same colour, even though you might be taking the story in a different direction and want a malleable actress to shape the way you want. Also forget that red hair isn't that rare and that hair dye exists.
10/10 audition would casting couch again

>and also coincidentally was a big part of the fappening

meme magic

>Just got an audition for 35 year old

Isn't she 50?

I wonder how obnoxious she must have been that they didn't even ended up offering her a role as random prostitute #3 or something.

because of both of her fans building her up online makes her think she's a bigger deal than she is, and she was the female lead in a few things

Ar you trying to say that the stars and Hollywood conspired to release the fappening?

she was actually pretty bummed when she didn't get it. Like she joked about it but you could tell she was feeling down. She's auditioned for tons of sitcoms too like New Girl, Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars

of course I'm not saying this very large coincidence happened to effect many working actresses and was seemingly helpful but we could say they took advantage of something that may or may not have worked out in such a way that we can never really know about..user

>I wonder how obnoxious
Just look at the op pic, that's the kind of obnoxious she is

I mean, to be fair, Spencer's pretty significantly more attractive just based on her natural genetic material.

She's a better actress, sure, but only because Day is basically community theater tier.

It pleases me to no end that Felicia Day is losing her livelihood. The fact that she even had a job as a "nerd queen" to begin with shows just how prevalent and shitty this whole nerd culture has gotten.

might as well, gays, blacks and females are all getting their comeuppance. may as well let old people grab their place in the sun

I understand she'd be bummed at not getting her dream role, but how detached from reality is she that she actually thinks she is a good actress if nowhere will hire her?

Women peak in attractiveness earlier then men. People want attractive people in movies for the most part. It's not sexism, it's biology

no way in hell this is true

>People really only want to look at women when they're young and attractive
>They accept this when they're young and even make fun of old ladies
>They get upset when they get old and realize no one wants to look at them anymore

Also Felicia Day has never been attractive, so she's going to age horribly.

Hey remember when she was crammed into Supernatural?

she looks like the old version of mellisandre

millennials are 30 though

I have to agree, meanwhile in Japan, you have talented seiyuu who get less work over time because they got old when age is irrelevant to voice acting. If you can act, does appearance really matter?

she's not a 18 year old blonde with a-cups so blacked wont take her

>Hey remember when she was crammed into a bathtub in Supernatural?
fixed that for you

I remember when she was crammed into Eureka as a female scientist and all the male ones fought for her attention.
It was fucking ridiculous, especially with the show being full of actual good looking women.

Research shows that men become more attractive as they get older. Men get into their stride with career.

I never actually finished Eureka. I had to drop it because of her. does she die in the end?

Progressives love the idea of everyone getting equal chances but won't accept that people won't pay for shit just because it's "fair".

Everything she has created and done has always been the whitest thing ever, and the friends she surrounds herself are almost all white.

She's definitely the sort of person who crosses the street when she sees a black man approaching.

She's not old, she's just not attractive.

Milennials are people born approximately 1980-2000. That means they're as old as 36 currently.

I remember she died after a couple of episodes but the wiki says that she is revived in the end through some science bullshit.
That was one of the resons I stopped watching.
They kept resetting the whole show's universe through time/dimension travel, alien artifacts and computer simulations pretty much every season.
What's the point in watching a show where nothing ultimately matters?

>You now remember this poor faggot has been trying to escape his Tumblrshit show to the MCU for seven years now

You faggot keep changing the dates, two years ago it was 1984, five years ago was 1992, let me guess two years from now it will be 1969?

I heard he was a possible choice for Captain America but how do you know he himself is "trying" to escape Supernatural?

Can't really blame him since the show is shit but I also can't blame him for wanting to stay, seems weird that he'd put effort into trying to leave a show that offers consistently good pay has a loyal fanbase that loves him

Honestly user, she is easy to ignore, I still love Eureka.

im more sad F day is going to be on Librarians.

>escape supernatural

>when he is the sole reason the show is still going

They're going to be on the air for at least 14 seasons, they just redid the contracts so he has 2 more seasons of supernatural coming up.

Ackles is the reason Padalecki is still on the show. He wanted to keep it going.

>idiots actually believe Ackles wants off the easy money train

He is one of the only consistent things on cw and has 3 houses. The guys portraying brothers live close to eachother. They've lived together, they've hated each other and basically became like real life brothers. Ackles is sole reason supernatural is still going, never let yourself believe otherwise

He also auditioned for Hawkeye and the main guy in Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's not her age it's her fucking looks

People use different scales for retarded reasons. Here's the most commonly accepted one:

1940-1960 : Boomers
1960-1980 : Generation X
1980-2000 : Generation Y / Millennials
2000-2020 : Generation Z

Now, some people want to make it 1965-1985 and 1985-2005 and stupid shit like that for no real good reason. But a generation is twenty years and the logical and commonly accepted break off point is on the turn of the decade, not halfway through.

No we don't., Women hold all the cards up until they're 30. Men hold all the cards after 30. It's only fair!

>Boomers

Christ you're dumb. I'm actually glad on most days both your shit generations forget we Gen Xers exist while you squabble with each other. You're all so very much alike in all the worst ways imaginable.

>35
>aged out
exactly

So? That's called being smart. Nothing more dangerous than a young black male.

There was a huge population gap for your generation though. 76 million Boomers, 77 million Millennials, but only 55 million Gen X'ers.

Felicia said that since the GG incident that no game developers or anyone in the industry want anything to do with her

Source?

Good.

her panel with Nerd HQ spelled some of what this user said but I've never seen her directly say anything about it out loud.

just look up nerd hq, its like 4 minutes into the panel.

nice ass desu

>We're the generation that uses the least planetary resources

IMO we need to let the Boomers die off then cull at least half of Millennials. Gen z is fine because everyone above them is too poor to pop out more kids

>allowing our enemies to breed endlessly
>worried about the USA

you're retarded. We need to steralize the continent of africa.

GG left a horrid taste in everyone's mouth. The way public figures on all sides conducted themselves like snotty 5 year olds will follow all of them into the grave.

Also it can definitely be argued that the subsequent fallout from all that butthurt is why Donald fucking Trump could very well be the next POTUS. The domino effect of this entire shitshow since 2014 can't be denied.

>mfw Zoe Quinn inadvertently killed the Left with her cunt

Guys, breaking it down it really is sad. She grew up in a time where it may have been unheard of for girls to play video games, traditional board games, hell even cards. Sure there has always been a demographic of girls who played games, but think of Barb from Stranger Things.

Here you had a girl who, let's face is, was attractive. You'd see her walk into one of those Magic stores and you'd drop your spaghetti all over the place. She was self-aware of this enough during her youth to think, huh, I can really market myself here! An attractive girl who plays video games..little did she know that by at least 2010 girls were playing games like it was no big deal, meanwhile her web-series is out there promoting herself to be some sort of sacred, untouched unicorn. Girls like her are a dime a dozen, and plenty more attractive than her.

She is also aware of this, her looks are fading but she's still holding onto her being a one of a kind gamer girl. She could have used her 20's to get some sort of degree, study medical coding, any type of trade that didn't use her appearance as her foundation.

That's her face, user.

>tfw the pop culture of today is essentially a shoddy facsimile of pop culture in the 80's

Considering the neon plastic texture of the 80's, that's pretty fucking sad

Jessica Chastain can't stop getting roles and she's pushing 40... the difference is she can act

Shit, It's been a long time since I last looked at her face I guess. Her face grew longer for some reason.

This makes me so happy to know that she routinely gets shut down because she's a bad actress, and that people won't hire her just because le such a gamer gurrll xD "fame"

Does she really need the money though? Thought that she was basically rich, riding on the wave of royalties from the Camel Cigarette packages

she said it in her latest twitch stream...at least I think it was the latest one
she says
"I got invited to a Halo party which was weird because for the last few years game companies have wanted nothing to do with me because of that "incident" a while ago. I guess it's finally over?"

Yeah, You see all these lazy men actors who build up muscle all fucking day, such a lazy cunts.

Fuck off, women.

>im more sad F day is going to be on Librarians.

She'll have to compete with the ultimate QT Waifu Librarian.

Movies and shows are all about appealing to the masses. Unless an actress is outstanding like a Kathrine Hepburn, it's hard to find work over the age of 35. You get an occasional work that appeals to older women like Golden Girls.

The fact that gamergate was the start of the conservative reolution blows my mind. Try explaining that shit to somebody like your parents.

well without seeing either a video or a link, I tend to take those things as a grain of salt kind of deal. People fantasize a lot when it comes to her, especially bad things.

She should be thankful that they allowed to attempt to be a 35 yr old with her 47 yr old looking face.

Is that the same person who openly talked about shitting herself on Twitter?

she still made it on the show though which saddens the shit out of me.

that was a meme joke some guy pushed.

>Carice van Houten is older than Felicia yet manages to look twenty years her junior
This ugly cunt just can't compete.

Somebody said something like Gamer gate was fat nerds taking a detour to Games top and ending up walking into a CIA operation.

Live that description, if you have it post the full.

I can't link twitch videos here or Cred Forums thinks it's spam or something?
basically go to felicia day twitch and it's the video where she's playing divinity original sin.
I think it's that one!
I openly admitted to watching her twitch streams which is embarrassing enough, why would I bother lying about what she said?

because like shitting jammyjams thing, people love lying on here so unless I can verify, I never believe people.

why doesn't the gay mafia allow older titcows like christina hendricks to cash in by exposing their nipples? that would be great for older women in hollywood

>Felicia tried for Melisandre on Game Of Thrones

what a great pic

Sinful character creation from 15 days ago?

Except she was never fucking attractive. She just had a vagina.

But wouldn't that just be an accurate role and not condoning it?

It would be like if the audition was for a character who was a slave and going "WTF THERE ARE SLAVES? FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD"

>After puberty, female fertility increases and then decreases, with advanced maternal age causing an increased risk of female infertility. In humans, a woman's fertility peaks in the early and mid-20s, after which it starts to decline slowly, with a more dramatic drop at around 35
Fuck you, nature!

That's called "thinking you've finally made it far enough to enter the big time, then realizing all the agreeable, thirsty fat nerds have been lying to you for years about how amazing you are."

Golden Girls was great.

>age is irrelevant to voice acting

A bit sad for me as well but I trust the guys making it, Leverage was pretty good and the last two seasons of The Librarians have been comfy fun so even with her in it I'm pretty sure I'll still find a way to enjoy it.
She's got her fans and has, to my knowledge, been pretty professional on sets(she was invited back to Eureka and Supernatural several times), so she probably gets small roles offered to her in Genre shows enough to live on because she's okay to work with.
Still hoping they bring back Alicia Witt. She's getting on in years(41) but she really brings everything to her roles and has the crazy eyes and energy to play her part perfectly.

Also, Lindy Booth, Felicia Day and Alicia Witt holy shit the casting director on this show likes Red-heads.

>Fat Nerds.
>Walking.

Pick one and only one.

>Felicia Day is 37 year old white woman and looks busted as hell
>Gabrielle Union is 42 and looks sexy as fuck

>white women

>She's definitely the sort of person who crosses the street when she sees a black man approaching.
I do that because of statistics. Actually it also depends a lot on how he walks, clothing and if he's alone or not.

It's the most amazing thing when you're attracted to an actress AND she's a great actress.

I agree, i am actually getting tired of movies with teen girls pretending to be grownups, i want some real women like 28-45 year olds who actually both look and are grownup. Milfs rule.

if by sexy as fuck you mean looks like a deformed fish you're right on both accounts

They even made jokes about it in Timeless now that I think of it.

She couldn't even get rid of the black people hair near her scalp.

black don't crack

I hate this "women have it so hard" shit

Yesterday I was talking to my sister in law about her friend who is waiting for a guy to ask her out. I ask why the friend didn't ask the guy out and my sister in law answered "because shes too nervous and doesn't want to get rejected". JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SO HOW DK YOU YHINK GUYS FEEL

Dearie me, she looks like, mmmm... Marc Almond!

no the one before that I believe and it's a good 10 minutes in

I would say the first and last 5 years of a generation are a mix of the previous and next generation.

This tbhq senpai

Fuck you Hollywood!? No fuck you Felicia Day for being a dried up old Husk with a dry patch of desert where your overies once were. Sagging titties and crows feet? Keep walking granny this is a business, show business, not a political platform.

Never saw it myself because I was only 2 when the series ended and I wasn't into watching old shows, but I've heard good things about it.

It's interesting to note that back in the 80's and 90's, they DID make good shows about older females like Murphy Brown and Murder She Wrote without pandering. WTF happened?

So, did she take the part or not?

DELETE THIS

>she is 37 and looks 50

>He is 42 and looks 29

lol

dat roastie tho

she masturbates like a champ.

>you weren't pretty, your youth was
When will women realize this? You weren't cute when you were 19; You were young. You can't actually tell which women are beautiful until their early 30's when they can't use makeup and clothes to hide it all anymore.

Felicia thinks Cred Forums is full of basement dwellers who masturbate to cartoon porn ,____,

well majority of people that hate her do reside here.

So would it be fair to say she was a big fish in a small pool when she was getting hyped by gaming nu males? As soon as she went to the ocean (hollywood) she couldn't get anything good coz there is actual competition there. Now she is 37 and is pretty much washed out.

she was always cast as the "hollywood ugly" homely best friend character. looks were never really her strong point.

Huh no. Millennials are the ones who grew up with the internet and cellphones booming. They had overprotective parents who were too old to be laisser-faire baby boomers so they never got to play around unsupervised in a world where they could get hurt.

I'm not saying that no one born in the 80-88ish time frame would count as a millennial since there are a lot of factors at play, but depending on where you were born and what kind of environment you were in, someone born in the 80-88 period could either be a millennial or of the previous generation. I was born in that time period and pretty much everyone who lived in my area would not be considered to be a millennial.

Here's a better way of looking at it: a millennial thinks it's normal to post all your personal info on the web while my generation knows how potentially harmful it is.

Arbitrary cutoff points are mostly meaningless in the face of how technology changed the world. The explosion of the internet's popularity and accessibility in the mid/late 90s was an immense change in society. That's why I'm saying that people who grew up with and without the internet being omnipresent in their lives are of a different generation.

Sad part is that both sides had some good points: online harassment and sexualization of characters vs corruption and integrity. But none of it mattered because the whole thing just wound up being a shooting match between retards from both camps and people latching on to the movement without trying to empathize with the two sides.

Average or above average. 6 or 6.5 at best. But I agree that the only reason she got so popular is because of the vagina as opposed to real talent or ability.

Ok who the fuck is Felicia Day and why does Cred Forums hate her?

Google shows that she starred in some shows I've never even heard of

During GamerGate Felicia admits to deleting a lot of pictures and emails from her computer because she was afraid Cred Forums would hack her and leak them...I wonder if she had nudes

These two put it best.

>Cred Forums is full of basement dwellers who masturbate to cartoon porn
t-that's ridiculous eheh-eh.

We dont hate her, shes just really pretentious and thinks because she reads books and plays vidya shes jesus.

Heck you could add another 5 or so British women to that.

Most of them were hot as fuck. The difference is they did theatre, they worked to become great actors.

You've lots actresses now who never bothered to act, didn't really have screen presence, relied on their looks then wondered why their parts dried up with the looks faded.

Awww, she's in the same boat as Kate Micucci.

In that pic she looks like, mmm... Freddie Mercury!

the majority of the hate for her has to do with her and Wheaton, the stuff against her is mostly hijacking a movement which is same reason a lot of guys here also dislike Olivia munn, you'll notice a correlation.

I would argue her politics and trying to force them in a male dominated field where guys already feel like shit is being taken from them and they'll look for any excuse for a fight

the whole gamergate thing is hypocrisy taken to the 11th degree where even c-span panels are talking about it.

You used to be a 6.5/10 Felicia I would smeared my bell end against your cervix.

Now you're an old as fuck 3/10 that I would MAYBE bend over and buttfuck (but only if you cleaned my knob off afterwards).

felicia day isn't hijacking anything. she actually was a tfw no bf basement dwelling gamer until she made The Guild.

No, neither side had good points.

She tried to parlay being your relatively attractive female gamer friend into a career, then failed in part because of her willingness to throw that audience 'under the bus', as her kind say, for Twitter props from even bigger losers than she already pandered to. She illustrates the fact that nerd cachet is as volatile and difficult to transfer into real currency as bitcoin.

>smeared my bell end against your cervix.

What oddly dry imagery.

have you actually read her book you pleb?
Felicia was making a lot of money making advertisements for coca cola and ups, she had a young hot boyfriend, she had a circle of friends and she playing WoW on the side.
her idea of addiction is gaming for 8 hours a day

Will would be perfect for Game of thrones, he already has no dick.

if you're the same d-bag advertising her twitch, I think we know your shill purpose. Stop trying to defend the camel.

>have you actually read her book you pleb?
why the fuck would anybody do this?

I'm always on twatter praising her up with a dummy account that I've weedled into her followers. She's a stupid cunt.

It is easy to play "I'm such a loser lol" compared to actually interacting with people who stay up till 7am fapping five times and crying to animu. Throw in the worst cases with dragon dildos and piss jars.

It is also funny how she will be the first to call someone a sweaty basement dwelling loser and using terms which insult "the outside".

sorry shakespear

Mate, i once read like 10 refrigerator instruction manuals in one sitting for no reason

damn

I wish we could get him as Nova, although I think I'd prefer to see him as Star-Lord as opposed to chris # 3

You don't think that 12 years old boys shouting "I'm gonna rape you!" and "go back to the kitchen" at the top of their lungs whenever a girl talks in an online match isn't an issue? Or that the fact that gaming news outlets that tout themselves as journalists when they're in bed with gaming companies and are regularly and openly being bribed in order to promote products in a multi billion dollar industry isn't an ethical issue?

If you don't think these kinds of things need to be addressed, feel free to keep your head buried in the sand. But don't bother the rest of us with your stupidity.

Maybe it's because English is not my first language but a 35 year old women who has aged out doesn't mean all 35 year old women are aged out

>I used to be a fan of Felicia's back when she made The Guild.
>I'm a girl who has played games my whole life so Felicia was pretty cool to me.
>never had much friends. was social outcast like Felicia
>So one day I'm walking past this coffee place and I see Felicia walking out the door.
>I say hello to her and tell her I'm a really big fan.
>Looks at me up and down
>walks past me
>tfw even Felicia doesn't even care about your existence

older women have there place in Hollywood... it's called "Lifetime Original Movies"

People talking shite in video games is hardly an issue.

the 12 year old thing has been addressed, mute button and you can ignore any player on any service. You're never going to create a civil environment when every fps makes its billions on guys talking shit to eachother and oh yeah freedom of speech so unless you plan on legislating and using speech codes online, good luck, but I agree ethics do matter which is why nobody takes gaming journalism seriously.

Asd

>social outcast like Felicia
Lmao, I hope you realize this girl had a big group of close friends growing up. You've been had.

>You don't think that 12 years old boys shouting "I'm gonna rape you!" and "go back to the kitchen" at the top of their lungs whenever a girl talks in an online match isn't an issue?

Can't handle the banter.

Why is she mad at the premise of a character?

I hope your lesson was learned. Put your faith and adoration in a God and not a narcissistic camel.

>You don't think that 12 years old boys shouting "I'm gonna rape you!" and "go back to the kitchen" at the top of their lungs whenever a girl talks in an online match isn't an issue?

Show evidence of this. I doubt it happens more than once in a blue moon if at all.

back when I was a fan I believed everything she said.
she has social anxiety
Depression
OCD
I thought she struggled with things too but I can see now it was all bullshit.
probably a persona to fool vulnerable people like me

Because then she would have to act. I'm sure she can nail the character.

Threadly reminder that she's currently living with and mooching of a 70+ year old man.

Why are you repeating the nonsense of both sides? The first thing is unimportant, the second is fictional.

ugh

>Grown women
>Scared of 12 year old boys

LMAO AT YOUR LIFE FAGET

Go into any cod match on xbone, kiddies squeel whenever girls mic up, that is accurate.

I tried explaining to them that they shouldn't want a sausage fest but young guys use these places as therapy for all the shit they go through in their day and act as ugly as we do here.

>1985-2005 and stupid shit like that for no real good reason.
There is a clear cultural gap between those who remember the pre-9/11, pre-social media world and those who don't.
Stop pretending otherwise.

>35
>young

You do understand this extends to spamming email, post and social media forever and ever? And that actual threats are not freedom of speech? Kids/people these days are raised like literal shit.

Although, I think that games are a little silly and it is weird how big the've gotten.

>playing cod
You can only blame yourself really.

The burden of proof requires more than you promising me that it happens. Prove that it happens.

OK, here's the issue - your hobby is for 12 year old boys.

Reminder that Kate's just done a nude scene user.
Have fun.

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll find an unhealthy, codependent relationship to act as your attention and self esteem faucet until it's crushed by your ever increasing need to self destruct and keep people down below you so they don't leave you.

But seriously, role models should be people who actually accomplish things. Not incompetent gold diggers like Felicia.

The only reasons anyone wants to curtail freedom of speech are the same as they've always been. Stop helping to dig the grave of free discourse.

>implying you need to be born before 85 to remember "the pre-9/11, pre-social media world"

Shut it down, if you don't know how to behave you should be grounded, videogames aren't serious business and shouldn't be a way of life.

>video game journalism
Give me a fucking break.

you get my point though and obviously know what I mean

I agree it does lie on my side of the reus issue but if you're not taking people at their word when I'm a dude and have been as much of the problem as any other dude, when you get angry, you talk shit and when you talk shit other people are on the other end of it.

>838 â–¶
> (You)

but it is still free speech in the end because threats are things that can be credible, a veracity argument attaches which is why you're not going to get in trouble talking shit on xbox live.

In threats and harassment it is same veracity problem, which ultimately is still a free speech problem.

Literally every form of media and communication ever conceived has a built in filter for these kind of things.

People hate her because she used a few minor roles to force herself as the "nerd" icon, despite clearly having an absolutely minuscule level of exposure to the culture.

She then surrounded herself with sycophants who praised the ground she walked on, and used them as her personal social media lynch mob against anyone who didn't like her.

She's also a pretty shit actress

Oh god I was going to ironically post that gg fire rises when someone mentioned it now you are in full steam again. Let's keep this about millionaire camels shall we?

>you get my point though and obviously know what I mean
Yeah, I know what you mean and I have to tell you your bantz game needs work.

You said that whenever a female voice is heard in an online game she instantly faces rape threats. Just link evidence of it on Youtube. I imagine it has perhaps happened once so if you can link more than one I'll concede that it has happened that amount of times.

GOOCH?

Awwwww man.

Are women and men with low test incapable of comprehending banter? Serious question here.

Kate is cute...CUTE!

Supply and demand, old hag. Shoo, shoo.

Actually, boomers are the generation after the WWII, so the generation scale should start from '45 or '46. When all the soldiers came back from the war, they just wanted to make babies and so the boomers were born.

I'm not trying to make that kind of argument, I have been witness to it is my point. I wouldn't waste my time recording it because ultimately I don't care enough to do that. I was pointing out even I have experience with it. I don't go around white knighting.

It isn't rape threats either, it is more or less telling them to shut the fuck up, which then turns the chat into a shit flinging fest.

I don't know about 'amount of times' I just know when my cousin who is female runs with my clan she usually remained quiet so it wasn't an issue but other women like attention which draws the good and the bad.

if you want evidence I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

felicia Day has a little cult now she calls Team Hooman. They worship her and give her money whenever she asks for it. She travels America and takes pictures with them. they all wear shirts saying "embrace your weird"
this is how she makes a lot of her money now

>if you want evidence I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
We sure shall because you're talking shit.

wew lad

try being less fat and shower more

I agree, she's just Hollywood-Ugly.
But unlike Day she's involved in a lot of different projects right now, also she guest stars every now and then on a ton of different comedy shows, her musical partner Rikki Lindholme has a TV show on Comedy Central(Another Period which is appallingly funny) which she cameos on every now and then, the two of them also do comedy music for different shows occasionally(they wrote the song Howard sang to Bernadette for her birthday in The Big Bang Theory and did some backing vocals for Childish Gambino).
She's a hard worker.

Felcia Day just does acting, voice work on the side and tweeting.

>"embrace your weird"
That's not being weird...

Shit talking isn't, obviously. The issue is the perverse inevitability that guys sperg out and harass someone as soon as they prove themselves to be female.

I'm not talking about making some safe space where everyone holds hands and sings kumbamotherfuckingyah. Fuck that shit and fuck anyone and everyone who suggests something as disgusting as this.

Don't think that punishment and repression is the correct way to handle it though. I think education and understanding would be better.

>taking gaming journalism seriously
Uninformed customers take it seriously. I think part of the problem is that the big wigs in charge don't understand gaming and aren't willing to look at the issue because they're dismissive of it. Which leads to abuse and bullshit, just see No Man's Sky for the most recent debacle.

Goes beyond banter though, which is why it's problematic. That kind of behavior permeates online interactions for women. Here I'll give you an example: I was playing an MMO and some random dude asked me if anyone in my guild had a rare crafting pattern. I directed him to another guild member by saying "whisper her, she says she has the pattern". She had to block the random guy because he wouldn't stop trying to hit on her.

I can't say I fully understand how bad it is since I'm a man, but I can kinda see how annoying it could get to have that reaction EVERY SINGLE TIME you speak. I mean shit, I have an accent when I speak in english and people give me shit for it from time to time; I can't imagine how annoying and frustrating it'd be to be told "WOW YOU HAVE AN ACCENT THAT'S DIFFERENT THAN OTHER PEOPLE LOL" every time I spoke.

Hyperbole. But every time I've witnessed a girl speaking in a random online match, pretty much every guy in the game starts getting on her case. Small sample size and all, but it seems to be the norm for female gamers to have to deal with this instead of the exception.

I'm not willing to ignore any older women if they make my willy feel funny.

You're vile, Felicia. Fuck off and get raped.

there's nothing worse than an older woman complaining about this shit.

own your age, cunts.

Eek! A mouse.

>12 year olds insulting grown to teenage women on a video game is sexism

Holy fuck you cant make this up

>being this serious about fucking videogames
>mfw

>tfw no girl will ever react to you like this

Dude I have a very, very strong French accent. I guarantee you I have gotten more shit than any girl who has ever touched a keyboard.
You know what I do? I shit talk them back and everyone has fun. You must think women have the mental fragility of children. They don't need you to protect them, buddy.

>have you actually read her book you pleb?
heh

I worked with Felicia a few years back. she touched my penis with a vibrating xbox controller.
I got really hard.

the industry you're talking about survives on those guys which is why it won't change. profits matter, not people.

It would be like cigs trying to get people to stop smoking. Instead they use their flashy stop smoking campaign to get more people to smoke.

and neither am I, I'm pro-freedom of speech. If you want to change the environment for women, you need to get more women in, that is how you create the change you want. Infact every industry that has gained more women has changed because of it.

nice

There is no reason for gaming media to exist. They exist only to help sell product.
And nothing a 12 year old does is an 'issue'.

Her nipple + flickle technique was god tier.

Oh right, so you're a liar, like the GG retards you were parrotting, cool.

Not with that attitude.

>It isn't rape threats either, it is more or less telling them to shut the fuck up, which then turns the chat into a shit flinging fest.

Wait, you just admitted you lied, I should have noticed this before posting , great.

Like I said, agree to disagree.

dude fucking free lancing JOI at best

agreed, we need to support (hot) older women

you're under the assumption I was the original poster that you're quoting and I'm not. Are you new here assuming we're the same person?

I chimed in with my own experience, completely separate of the original poster or their claim.

>when you get angry, you talk shit and when you talk shit other people are on the other end of it
Aw Nahw, someone said something mean online! :(
There's absolutelty nothing you can ever do about it, and your feelings will be hurt beyond repair!

Bet you think it's a problem that people are too mean on Cred Forums as well.

Good.

>Hyperbole.

So a lie then? Cool.

Isn't always the untalented ones that built their careers on their looks that complain about it?

I don't think it's sexism. It may be somewhat (closely?) related and might even stem from it, but I don't think the issue is about sexism. Not sure what the right word to describe the whole thing would be though.

those are me ^

No, the reality is that you lied and then backtracked.

not at all as I said, I'm pro freedom of speech, but I also don't ignore what I've seen.

>54856 â–¶
> (You)

No.

Maybe 10 years ago. I don't know why people still bring up this tired old stereotype. The only people who speak in gamechat are competitive players and most competitive players have better things to talk about than saying that kind of shit. Maybe it happens elsewhere but not that much in video games anymore.

underrated

At 35 women age like curdled milk while men age like fine wine.

Women BTFO

>Letting 12 year old boys ruin your day

Holy fuck, grow a god damned spine.
You can also mute all communication if you want. If you are REALLY are afraid of that, then just play with your friends instead of PUBing.

Try like last month, maybe its been 10 years ago for you.

I don't know what experiences you have nor do I care. I pointed out my experience and refuted everything else that was wrong or disagree with.

user, you being anal does't convince anybody either. We've been through these threads in 2014-2015.

What is Day up to these days? Has she invested her millions smartly or used it all on nose makeup?

It all depends not all men looks as good as me.

>nose makeup
fucking kek
Felicia is the new Mad in MST3k
she even wrote six of the episodes

What? You lied and backtracked. The difference between truth and lies is not an anal distinction.

She's just mad that she's too old to play quirky nerd hackers anymore. Make up isn't magic, it has limits.

Oh shit, I had forgotten that! She probably makes more money this year than I will in a decade. Fuck.

this was the hottest girl on the internet back in 2008

All these posts dedicated to how hold and busted felicia day is
RIP in piece Felicia Day's career.

user the first person you accused was me.

^ this is a different person

That is three different people so far. So where did you come from newfag because you're too stupid to have been around here long.

No, it never was, except to thirsty gamers.

>I know it's three cos I'm two of 'em

Fuck off. I addressed a liar. If others interfered, the disorder is their responsbility.

That is one sweet picture. I hope those shoes had a movie.

I'm also French, although my accent's gotten less obvious over the years. In fact, I regularly make fun of my fellow frenchies for it and then talk to them in french. Everyone laughs, everyone has a good time and then we move on.

The key point is the "moving on" part. My understanding of the issue is that more often than not, when women get shit talked for being women, the moving on part doesn't usually happen until there's a block/mute involved.

Keep in mind that I'm not suggesting that women are frail damsels in distress and that they should be protected and kept safe at all costs. What I'm saying is that the feminist sword rattling on the harassment issues women face in online gaming has merit and should be addressed. Is this a problem? How big of a problem? What should be done about it? Questions, but not shouting matches, yes?

Getting more women in is good and all, but I think the harassment issue can act as an entry barrier to those who don't have a thick skin. It's not a huge issue and it's CERTAINLY not as big of an issue as feminists are trying to make it to be, but issues should still be looked at and resolved.

You contradicted yourself. Game journalists exist to sell games but they use a term that's usually reserved for a group of people bound by a strong code of ethics. If someone assumes that a journalist (not some two bit news reporter mind you, actual journalists) is the same as gaming journalist and get scammed because of it, it's a problem. But since it involves a lot of money, it's an issue governments should be involved with, but they're not bothering with it too much.

12 year old kid with a bad habit has a good chance to grow up to be an adult with a bad habit if it's corrected. In this case, it'd be civility and civility is pretty damn important.

Huh link? I have no idea what you're talking about and I need to know for reasons.

you're too stupid to figure out when you're talking to different people and calling people liars means you're not connecting that it is different people in completely different ways meaning you're some kind of shill or tourist.

Dude, you are retarded. Are you actually putting me (born 89) and my smallest sister (born 99) in the same generation? Jesus, the growin up and everything is different, I'd say the newer gen starts from 97-99 as they don't remember or know shit about pre 11/9/2001 era.

Are you so socially inept that you can't understand an hyperbole can be used to illustrate a point or stimulate a discussion?

She definitely isn't very on the beauty spectrum. She might be attractive to lonely losers because she presents herself as being part of the nerdy culture, but she's not physically attractive.

Well to be fair, something like half of the posts are on a completely different topic. Goes to show how irrelevant she is.

>tfw next year he's going to be as old as Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Season 1

The only role she ever played is "quirky geek girl".
That becomes increasingly less endearing and more sad the further you move past 30 so the reason she "aged out" is because she can't play anything else.

Get the fuck out of here. My father was born in 63 and he absolutely is not a gen Xer. Gen Xers are those people who grew up in the mid to late 80s. I'd put them between 1975 and 1990.

>Huh link? I have no idea what you're talking about and I need to know for reasons.
Abigail Spencer had TWO videos of herself masturbating whilst naked on camera leaked during the Fappening.
It was probably the most explicit part of the whole affair and it was delightful for all involved.

>Goes beyond banter though, which is why it's problematic.
>it's problematic.
>problematic.

Fuck off.

I watched that RLM episode today too, user

These women are paid millions of dollars already. They are paid far more than the average man or female. They are paid yearly probably what the average person will make in two lifetimes

Why the fuck should I care if you find no work?

Why the fuck are you trying to get me angry for you? Fuck off with that fucking bullshit. I don't wanna see your old ratty ass on my screen anyways

She has a nice face... from the eyes up.

How about they do it themselves?

This, throw in Sarandon and Connelly and we're golden.

I just finished Career Opportunities and damn I like that movie.

>GG shit still triggering neckbeards and roastie cunts
Ayy lassies

>aged out of hollywood

Not as much as Elle's left eye

Hence the "ish". I also pointed out how stupid it is to arbitrarily assign a set period of years because of the social and technological changes involved in shaping generations and how different environments can result in these generation gaps being blurred.

But in regards to what I said: I explicitly said that people born in the 80-88 period shouldn't be automatically lumped in a generation that's widely regarded as having grown up with internet/cellphone and as you pointed out, the after effects of the WTC attacks. That doesn't mean that people born after 88 should automatically be lumped into another category because of an arbitrary ruling that decides that if your dad knocked up your mom after a certain day your behavior will automatically be completely different than a guy who's dad knocked up his mom a day earlier than yours did.

I was saying in another threat that when she made The Guild she did it because she wanted to make her own opportunities for herself instead of relying on Hollywood to make them for her.

I figure she has an audience/fanbase big enough right now that she could fund some kind of project of her own instead of making someone elses movie. Instead of complaining that the scripts and roles don't match her ideology she should be making her own scripts/projects which do.

>dude I can't find work even though im a multi millionaire with only a limited set of skills, but you should totally get very angry for me that I cant find more work LMAO

Can we stop talking about this ugly, dumb cunt already?

>We need to start supporting older women in Hollywood
you need to kys my man

"open to question or debate". Did I use the word wrong or are you just butthurt?

Are people ever going to stop being triggered whenever race or sex issues are brought up? I don't gamble, but I'd be tempted to put my money on "no" for this particular case.

but its just someone who thinks you have aged out of hollywood at 35 years as a woman. that does not mean "hollywood" thinks that. for that you would need a huge part of the hollywood "community" to perpetuate that belief.

The problem with indiscriminately calling things "problematic" is that it doesn't convey anything to the reader or listener except that you yourself are unsure of something, and connote a vague sense of unease you have about your insecurity.

>cartoon porn

It's called hentai, you uncultured SWINE!

Even with all that makeup she's ugly as sin.

She can game social media so good. Now it will be about older women and she gets coverage. I mean what kind of person has the fucking balls to make personal job related problems something political?

wil wheaton wants this lol

I agree with you when you say that using the word problematic conveys a sense of vagueness. I acknowledge that I'm uncertain how to approach the issue; not that I care too much about solving it or even the whole thing general, I just enjoy arguing. And I guess the insecurity part is an insult?

But I take offense to indiscriminately since I used problematic both for brevity and because it's huh "general-ness" was applicable.

My addiction to masturbation is problematic.

MILKIIIIIIIES

My coffee grinder is problematic.

>using the word problematic at all, virtue signaling

Obviously exceptions will be made for the talented and/or beautiful. Eva Green can act and looks like a classic painting.

Holy numale