Can I get an Sisko thread? Is there anyone who thinks he's the best captain?

Can I get an Sisko thread? Is there anyone who thinks he's the best captain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ali3c7FaQGU
youtube.com/watch?v=H1XFCH1-WHo
youtube.com/watch?v=f4n7wZpTM-k
youtube.com/watch?v=ahawhXzUV8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhGKHo8xN_g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Overacting: The Character

I CHALLENGE you...to a game of BASEball

>it's a crazy man with a piano episode

He chewed the scenery even more than Shatner, except that people tell me DS9 was supposed to be serious.

source oh mighty quints.

I love him, but he's not quite as cool as James Tiberius Kirk

Ya but I love his over acting, it's laughably comfy and I think ds9 is all the better for it

>Cast a black man
>Make him a commander instead of captain for the first 3 seasons xD

agreed

Also he can really bring the feels in some episodes, like Far Beyond the Stars

>best captain

EDD
ING
TON

He's the best captain.

>implying this pacifist, indecisive pussy is one-tenth the captain that Space Jesus is
Even Patrick Stewart thought Picard was too much of a wuss

I just watched the one where Eddington gets caught in the end and i thought iy was actually really powerful when sisko is punching the bag and talking about how he got bested by a normal man and not some weird alien force or anything like that. I thought he conveyed being that angry really well

How you gonna call someone a wuss who saw 4 lights

You betrayed your uniform!

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

there were of course a few episodes were they made him a badass, like Starship Mine (aka the Die Hard episode)

Most of them time he was a pussy tho

He's amazing in scenes where he's supposed to be highly emotional, almost like he is feeling it for real and not acting

All right, Javert. I'll give you what you want: me!

Friendly reminder that that's not how you spell garak

your gay theatrical overacting piece of shit nigger captain is bad and you should feel bad

>mfw Garak called out Dukat for his attempts to seduce Major Kira in Civil Defense
Fucking
Based

The only Star Trek I want to marathon is DS9

COMMANDER, FIRE TWO QUANTUM TORPEDOES INTO THIS FAGGOT'S MOM'S BASEMENT

That's because Brooks didn't realize it wasn't actually real. Too many marijuana cannabinoids imo.

The best Captain / Space Jesus com... nuking through!

Sinclair was better

But Sinclair was just a commander!

Yeah yeah, wiseassing my ass away. I liked both of them actually.

>Is there anyone who thinks he's the best captain?
Daily reminder that 2/3rds of the ships he was commanding were destroyed

It wasn't until I finally saw Le Miserables that I got the subtext of that whole story arc

Does anyone have the image with "You DO not UNDERSTAND the level of INSANITY I operate at" text?

I love Sinclair's smoky, authoritative voice and calm demeanor. Sheridan seems just a bit too thin-skinned and comes off as less mature or experienced as Sinclair.

They literally spell it out in the episode

Yup. I didn't like it at first but it rerally grew one me.

An enemy commander who continues to out smart you as has taken refuge on a planet.

Do you
A) Let him go. You'll get him next time
B) Try to negotiate. Surely you can find common ground.
C) Launch a WMD that renders the planet inhospitable to humans.

>It wasn't until I finally saw Le Miserables that I got the subtext of that whole story arc

"AWW SHIT! IMMA SOUND LIKE MISTER T!"

Sinclair was more like a diplomat and I'm sure that if O'Hare's health would have permitted him staying in the show, he would have grown into a soldier he needed to be. Sheridan on the other hand was a soldier who had to grow to be a political figure.

Although I have to admit that in the beginning Sheridan felt pretty young and noobish. During the third season he really grew on me and the hardass he became after his death and resurrection was bloody awesome.

But like I said, liked both of them and it's a shame what happened to O'Hare.

>the best captain?

of a shopping mall in outer space?
needs a captain?

I liked Sinclair better.
He felt more human. Like at the end of Season 1, he didn't know what was going on but knew something was coming.

I never got that type of sincerity from Sheridan.

Also, Delenn was a terrible character.

Were they clean?

>literally the most vital Federation Outpost
>sits next to a wormhole that leads to a part of unexplored space where untold danger lies
Yeah, no reason why they'd need a captain there amirite?

All the Minbari were terrible, fucking space elves and their pretentious, self-righteous faggotry

How come he had a chip on his shoulder about racism despite living in a utopia that had wiped out racism for 300 years

It wasn't the pretentiousness or self-righteousness that got me but rather the fact that the show kept making them "right".
Like they were justified.

They should have been always mostly antagonistic and sometimes respectable, but the fact that they were often cosmically right really made their holier-than-thou attitude insufferable.

it's the historical accuracy argument, that people should face history the way it was instead of pretending such problems never existed

fortunately he realizes he was being a faggot about and that it's just a game for people to have fun

>the hardass he became after his death and resurrection was bloody awesome.
Terrible plotline that really went no where.
I kept expecting the creepy old guy to be somehow sinister but, no, it was a straight up Deus ex Machina

>How come he had a chip on his shoulder about racism despite living in a utopia that had wiped out racism for 300 years
He loved Negro League baseball, and played on the holodeck. Though the Negro League was great, without racism it would not have existed at all.

Picard was a pussy

True

Like how the show glosses over how the Earth-Minbari war started as if it were the human's fault. Except, what kind of backwards stupid race would think firing off weapons is good First Contact protocol? Fuck them

because he is a N google?

>Hey Commander Dax
>Yes Captain user?
>How come when we approach a planet you're always like "I'm detecting 12 Humans and 3 Klingons?"
>Well sir, the sensors can read the DNA of everyone on the planet and tell you their species
>Cool. Get Dr. Bashir to email Mr. Eddington's DNA to the bridge and then cross-reference the sensor results with that. Then email the coordinates to Mr. Worf
>[beeping and mumbled Arabic over the comms intensifies]
>Done sir
>Mr. Worf, Fire a spread of Photon torpedoes at that spot until the sensors can't find him anymore

Why don't they use their own magic when it's convenient?

where is this from?

computer load up adolf hitler program.
>hitler is black
>all of germany is black.
why so angry?

Goddamn that episode is so fucking good.

Something something atmospheric inference

>Picard
>Pussy
You fucking 'seen 3 episodes' plebs are so full of shit.

Picard is the definition of Speak softly and carry a big stick. He never backed down from a fight and aggressively pursued them more than once. Especially with the Borg and the Romulans.

The fact people think he was a pacifist only speaks to how good the characterisation was. More often than not Riker, Troi or Guinan need to tell him to calm the fuck down or drop a grudge.

The man was accepted into Klingon traditions repeatedly and beat them in hand to hand. Hell he was stabbed in the heart picking fights he couldn't win in his academy days.

I don't think there was ever an episode where the sensors could differentiate between one person and another of the same species unless they had some special marker that would make them stand out as unique.

I've seen every episode, faggot, and far more often than not he spends hours and hours wringing his hands wondering what the most peaceful solution is when Kirk and Sisko would have taken seconds or a few minutes at most to come to a decision. Captains need to be decisive, not waste precious time philosophizing.

For example the episode "The Enemy," no episode exemplifies his worst traits better than that episode IMO.

>It's a Bashir and O'Brien episode

youtube.com/watch?v=ali3c7FaQGU

>The episode where they're both dying inside Sloan's head
>Bashir asks O'Brien if he likes him more than O'Brien likes his wife
>Maybe...

I definitely think historical accuracy is important in fiction, but a simulation would be different. For example, you wouldn't want to take your Ferengi friends into a Lets-Be-Nazi-Officers holoprogram without changing a few things now would you?

>I love moi wife
>Yes of course you do. You just like me more

Who wouldn't like anyone more than fucking Keiko?

Maybe, but I don't think they would even be able to tell that they were different species without reading DNA since most humanoids in Star Trek are so identical that they can breed with each other.

And if they really can't, then fine:

>Hey Commander Dax
>Yes Captain user?
>How come when we approach a planet you're always like "I'm detecting 12 Humans and 3 Klingons?"
>I'm just making conversation sir
>Fine.
>Mr. O'Brien, get down to the transporter room, cycle through every humanoid target on the planet, activate scanners and compare the results to Mr. Eddington's last transporter pattern
>OYM DONE SER, HE'S IN A CAVE ON DE NORTERN CONTINENT
>Very good. Beam him into space.
>OYE OYE CAP'N

Making the most of the time he has doesn't make him a pussy. When the decision demans he's as decisive as anyone them.

Even Kai Winn is more likable

>O'Brien and Bashir's drinking song
Do Americans really not know Jerusalem? It's probably the most famous hymn in Britain.

youtube.com/watch?v=H1XFCH1-WHo

What actually makes Picard a nu male beta pussy is that he never hit it off with a woman properly and had kids during the show.

>You want to know... you *really* want to know what my problem is? I'll tell you: Las Vegas 1962, that's my problem. In 1962, black people weren't very welcome there. Oh sure, they could be performers or janitors, but customers? Never.

It's just a holosuite program Sisko, Geez. That was 400 years ago, it's time to let go of the anger. That would be like if I as an Irish person refused to go to a renaissance fair because of how the Irish were treated back then or my girlfriend refusing to go to a toga party because of how they treated her English ancestors. People would think we were nuts if we responded the way he did.

Well that, plus his tendency not to engage when it is completely with his right to do so. Like in the episode I mentioned, I can understand not wanting to start a war, but holy shit at least follow through on your word.

>if you do that I will consider it an act of war!
>on second thought, I'll go easy on you this time
>here I fixed up your spy you sent into our territory illegally, I'll let you have him back instead of sending him to Starfleet Intelligence for questioning
that episode annoys the fuck out of me

We don't have drinking songs at all over here. You can probably get people singing a popular radio song from the past 40 years, or if you're really lucky you'll find a person or two who knows a sea chantey or two that they learned from a movie, but we have no proper drinking songs. It's one of those cultural things from abroad that I really wish could somehow we could incorporate.

Pretty sure the next lines in the episode were spoken by Kassidy, and giving him shit for exactly that.

Picard confirmed MGTOW

Oh yes he was a beta on that we're agreed especially in the first series but not a pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=f4n7wZpTM-k

kek

I actually liked that part.
It made sense for Sisko to be reluctant to go with the program.
He's proud and has ties to his African American roots.

It wouldn't have made sense for him to be totally cool about it.
The show didn't rub your face in it either. It was just Sisko's opinion

but they did think he was nuts, and he realizes this and goes to the holosuite

Whose..idea was it to...make shitsko...pause at seemingly...random points while...speaking?

Why... whateverareyou talking...about?

it was because he was high as balls on cannabinoids all the time.

Captains's Log
Stardate.............2

you shouldnt have ferengi friends they are a bad influence.

>It's a Lwaxana Troi episode

DS9 actually made her a good character

SKIPPED

>DS9 actually made her a tolerable character
ftfy

>it's a Rick Berman casts Roddenberry's wife as a slut episode

What's wrong with you?

Lwaxana is the most real character up to this point in Star Trek. She's fun, she loves life, she realises all this high tech whizz-bangery around them is amazing and she doesn't feel like pretending otherwise to make everyone else feel more comfortable.

And her bants are Australian tier.

What's wrong is that I have good taste in characters

>Star Trek
>good taste in characters

I bet you also like Power Rangers and Godzilla

Whoa whoa whoa, I never said anything about it being my favourite

You were thinking it tho.

Star Trek has plenty of great characters faggot

my quads prove you wrong

Nigga if I was forced to choose between Star Trek and BSG for the rest of my life, it's not even a contest
Except for Season 4, bar the ending scene of Revelations and The Oath/Blood on the Scales

>liking sci-fi trash

Kill yourself

>The holodeck doesn't make real things
Then where'd the lipstick come from?

>implying sci-fi is the only genre I watch
It's funny to me that you think that

>Eating shit is not so bad if I also eat other things

>not liking sci-fi and fantasy
fuck off pretentious faggot

Reality a shit

This is the only good sci-fi film

youtube.com/watch?v=ahawhXzUV8Q

So, where were the bathrooms on the Enterprise?

Shitters were clogged

Quints don't lie.

That's not how you say the original gul'dar heel

The humans were on that planet illegally.

Really makes you think.

>tfw can't gas illegal immigrants

Think of it like using tear gas on illegal immigrants. You're still gassing them, but you're just trying to make them move to another location, not trying to kill them. Same with Sisko, he gassed the planet but nobody died, they just moved to another planet.

>33
noice
FUND IT.

He was never a captain or a commander for that matter. Just a sad crazy blade man who snapped, and started living in his own imagination. He should have just bought that restaurant with his black gf.

The characters and settings are holograms, but the replicators work in conjunction with the holodeck to create stuff for the crew to use and consume.

>22
best fan theory with appliciable logic.
my ship, every room would be a holodeck with projection touch screens, if power concerns wernt an issue.

i liked sinclair, he looks somehow like christian bale/patrick bateman.
too sad he got schizophrenia and died early.
this show has to be cursed, so many are dead.

Friendly reminder that Mollari did nothing wrong.

>black twitter just xD meme
>insulting the glory that is Star Trek characterization

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................76.4

NO IT'S REAL

I'd like to think so as well, but I'm afraid that at the end of the day hes just a sad mad man.

Is it gay to be attracted to Garak?

Was O'Brien moved off of the Enterprise for any reason in particular, or did he just get reassigned?

I can never remember.

It'd be gay not to.

They found out he was a war criminal
>the minstrel boy to the war is gone

I thought he was reassigned after Riker crashed the Enterprise

He requested a transfer after Rascals.

can someone post the tng and voyager ones of these? cheers lads

He is best captain, despite his overacting.

I thought that was Luke Cage

>I thought he was reassigned after Riker crashed the Enterprise
That can't be the case, the Enterprise shown in the pilot of DS9 is the 1701-D

And the Enterprise came back to DS9 during the events of Birthright parts 1 and 2

It's on the frrrrrrrrrrakkin' ship!

Frakkin' Centurions will be pouring in at platoon strength!

>indian crewmen aloud to just drop trou and shit wherever they felt like it

IT'S A FAAAAAAAAKE

There's frakkin' skinjobs all over the fleet

Sauce?

what is this from? Is she about to give her a Vietnamese Landmine?

indian avengers

Technically i agree picard is most capable captain, sisko would be an excellent admiral.

>sisko would be an excellent admiral.
Maybe, but he'd hate it, he certainly did after they lost DS9 and he got made Adjutant to Admiral Ross, or something to that effect.

no really what is it from, as in name of artist

>This rifle was designed for use in areas of high electromagnetic (EM) interference (whether artificial or natural) that would render phasers useless. Though the design was originally dropped by Starfleet in favor of regenerative phasers

>Phasers stop working all the time
Nice job, Starfleet Corps of Engineers

youtube.com/watch?v=IjvYiSDJujA

derp

I don't care where you came from, go away.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhGKHo8xN_g

If I wanted to get into Star Trek, should I start at TOS?

Yes.

Only if you like camp 60s sci-fi. It's great, but not very accessible unless you like similar shows like old Dr. Who, or Star Trek in general.

If that's not the case, watch the movies from Wrath of Kahn to Undiscovered country, then go to TNG and remember it gets better.

>its a Sisko gets angry at whitewashing of racism in 1950's Las Vegas despite racism having been eradicated 200 years ago episode

>I can live with it. I CAN live with it.

>skipping TMP
He has no way of knowing you're a total pleb when you admit it in that manor.

TMP?

wew lad

I love TMP too but it's not accessible either unless you're a 2001 fan.

>ds9 blurays never
it hurts

The Motion Picture. First movie.

I guess that's a fair point.

11/10 episode.

That very first episode with him wailing for his dead wife and being pulled off the burning ship by his 1st officer cut me deep man. Heck of a way to start Star Trek. I didn't realize how heavily Abrams borrowed from DS9's opening in Trek 2009.

Tell me there's an episode where Dax and Kira get it on.

>>its a Sisko gets angry at whitewashing of racism in 1950's Las Vegas despite racism having been eradicated 200 years ago episode

He would have studied the history of baseball and seen that there were originally two leagues

Guy's a historical purist. Nothing wrong with that. He probably finds most holodeck programs to be dumb unless they're historically accurate. Happens to a lot of sports fans because they pay attention to stats and years

>the last World Series drew 300 spectators
>implying the league would still exist if they could only draw hundreds

>tfw in 10 years of Cred Forums still never seen a breen version of "shit was so cash" pasta

Recently finished all of DS9 and went on to Voyager

I want to fucking kill myself over how shit the entire Voyager cast is in comparison to ds9

Not as long as Rick "If it's gay then it'ts not okay" Berman is around.

elaborate?

Actually now that you mention it, aside from the baseball episode, the casino episode, and him talking about watching baseball with people, I can't recall him ever willingly using the holosuites. There was the Bond episode, but he didn't chose to do that, and it wasn't even fully him.

It has been a bit since I've watched though.

What episode is this from?

It says in the title. Explorers

Is the Dominion War cool?

I want to marathon DS9 but don't have the time so I'm just watching selected episodes.

Yes, its fucking awesome.

Some of the best episodes, one of my favorites is Siege of AR-558

That was the most comically ridiculous piece of acting ever seen in Star Trek.

Angsty black man gets angsty, do you enjoy Will Smith as well?

Dax makes out with another woman at one point, but otherwise sadly no

>>implying the league would still exist if they could only draw hundreds
It doesn't have to have been sustained while in the 100s. Imagine this:

>October 2271: 258,000 viewers
>February 2272: The holodeck is invented
>October 2272: 300 viewers (the number of people living in colonies without any holodecks)

>I want to marathon DS9 but don't have the time
Are you dying m8? Time travel pod departing in 27 hours? Turning into a pumpkin in 23 hours and 54 minutes?

You have the time. But the Dominion War isn't "cool" without understanding the characters who are going through it, which you'll miss if you only watch the episodes related to it.

Na. You goofed up. DS9 becomes largely serialized around season 3. Even the non-Dominion War stuff episodes are great. Take your time, user; no need rush a great series.

I take it you haven't seen the mirror universe episodes from ENT

You think that the sensors at that range use dna?
Not thermal images, or anything else?
Personally about 90% of the episodes are non canon to me. If an episode of ds9 doesn't revolve around cardassians I delete it from my archive and never think about it again.

This idea of 'racism' is merely a communist idea to destroy western civilization.

I have seen it, it was funny because undecipherable, but format gave it away. Forget what the girl was.

has anyone figured out why he spoke like how he did. It was easily the worst part of DS9. Made every scene with him unwatchable.

brrrennrrrt (brrnt rrrrntrrr brrn)

He punched an omnipotent being in the face

Your problem is that you are linear.