People in this board actually act as if this was bad

>people in this board actually act as if this was bad

it's at least visually interesting to look at, compared with something like F is for Family or any other adult animation show that seems to put minimal effort into actually interesting settings and character designs

I just started this show and it's great. Has an interesting premise and, like the other user said, has some great visuals and interesting character designs. Plus, some of the jokes with longer payoffs are making me laugh pretty hard.

Never watched it before until about two weeks ago. It's actually a good show. Pretty funny. Rick is hilarious.

Cred Forums hates this because its memes have been adopted into the mainstream. The catchphrases are annoying but the show is alright. It's darker than most other normie shit, it satirizes all the sci fi tropes that have been overdone for ages so hopefully it kills them, and its funny. I'd rate it way above Bojack or any other shitty cartoon people jerk off.

>reddit

R&M is good. I'm definitely gonna rewatch it before season 3 comes out.

You should watch Space Dandy if you really like R&M. Its sort of like a cross between R&M and Cowboy Bebop.

I genuinely feel season 2 was significantly worse than season 1.

I hate it when shows get super popular real fast so the creators get confused and load the show with the shit they thought made them popular.

space dandy had such an amazing OST

I thought the second season was better than the first by far. I like how they put more focus on the family this season.

I had every reason to like Space Dandy and gave it ten episodes or so but it's just not funny to me. Creator has a different sense of humor than me, I guess.

>new Rick and Morty takes less than a year and a half to be made
>new Venture Bros takes 3 years with ever shorter seasons
AS can't even lie to me and say it has to be that slow, they're just cheap fucks

I thought so too, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The last episode was amazing and I'm very excited for next season to be on an intergalactic earth. Should mix things up even if the Rick status quo will come back after one episode

reddit and memey

once anything becomes popular, people start to hate it and find reasons to hate it.

This show is so fucking smart with it it's jokes. Like the levels they reach with not only the written words but the way it's weaved into visual stuff. Seriously the fact that people shit on it here made me hyper-aware of just how retarded people on this board are. It's better than the sopranos.

It's mediocre and overrated to boot.

>op and the rest of the thread in charge of not being btfo by me

>not liking bojack because its popular

literally family guy on roids

Cred Forums is full of contrarian idiots
Rick and Morty is good
fite me scrubs

GOAT voice acting for the main characters.

Nah, I don't like Bojack because its not funny and its not interesting and it's not fun. It's literally just "DEPRESSED HORSE AND QWIRKY SIDE CHARACTERS LOL". I've only seen season 1 though

Bojack is dogshit. Thats why user ans myself dont like.

it is damn good, you can't compare it to family guy and all this other shit shows, it is in another universe.

Bojack is meant to be a character study. Just because its a cartoon doesnt mean its meant to be fun. Its meant to show the common different struggles people face, different ways to deal with it, and the struggles of self destruction/childhood abuse through an entertaining medium.

Not perfect, but good. Get taste feg.

any show that includes silhouettes of tom servo, crow and gypsy in the background of pilot is good by me man. also I think a lot of has to do with older kids being able recognize the same level of absurdity as rockos modern life, ahh real monsters etc. younger kids were not into a shit era of toons (there are gems but still) so that's all they can see.

born into*

I don't like it because I think Will Arnett has a very grating voice I just can't get past. I loved him in Arrested Development and 30 Rock, but his voice is just too much when he is the main character.

Coupled with the type of humor it serves up it makes every episode feel like it's dragging on for hours even though its like 25ish minutes.

I liked both Bojack and Rick & Morty before Cred Forums went all "Enjoy your reddit show" bullshit.

To be honest I only ever watched season one of both shows, but I hear both shows get kinda crappy so I'm happy with what I watched.

>yfw rick and morty are voiced by the same guy,

>visually interesting

2 episodes in and these are the lamest monsters I've seen.

Then why make the character being studied a horse? And why fill 90 % of the show with annoying side characters like the dog man and the pink cat woman, all with their dumb humour and problems that take an entire episode to resolve. And as far as character studies go, this is not even that great. Nearly every line of Bojacks dialogue is him whining about something irrelevant to himself or the plot, if making a compelling character was as simple as making someone who is an asshole and complains about everything then I could just come to Cred Forums. Entire episodes can go by and the only insights we gain about Bojack is that he's an alcoholic and does mean shit sometimes. Its an exercise in dullness that people like because they identify with him, or they feel some connection with how his interior is different from his exterior. But it could all literally be condensed into a 40 minute short.

It's a fun show, it's just overrated beyond belief just like everything else reddit gets its claws in.

"Overrated" isn't a legitimate complaint about a show. Sure, it's a common one, but it says nothing about the quality of the show. It's purely a reaction to people's opinions of it.

I notice a lot of the criticism of Rick & Morty is actually criticism of people who like it. They rate it too highly. They go to reddit. That kind of thing.

I thought it was clever, dark but didn't wallow in being edgy as possible, and good at subverting expectations just frequently enough to be interesting but not so often that you get used to the subversion and that becomes the new normal. Is it the best show ever? Nah. Is it the best cartoon ever? Nah. Is it one of the best things on [adult swim] and worth watching? Absolutely.

Who cares who else rates it what?

the 2nd season becomes more hit and miss but it's still worth it.

I think the creators are just slow at coming up with ideas to keep it a good show.
I don't want VB getting shit.

No, thanks

I have about as much respect for Rick and Morty as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it. I have ZERO respect for people who are not free thinkers and blindly enjoy the reddit memes that comprise Reddit and Memety.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb.

Rick and Morty might not be perfect, but in the day and age of "Supergirl", any red-pilled tv series/cartoon is appealing by default.

And the autistic pasta flooder is in the thread now.
Your mob mentality is pathetic and it only upsets you.

You sound like you need psychiatric help.

>red pilled
boy id love to hear this one

hello new copypasta template