How do they seem to know literally every magic trick?

How do they seem to know literally every magic trick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bjzQVVl9y0o?t=4m59s
youtube.com/watch?v=SCFXV6o7cro
youtube.com/watch?v=J7Cg1TStD6s
youtube.com/watch?v=xtrvJflO6D8
youtube.com/watch?v=H3FHytuCdHg
youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1kG6E2OJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2yIfbm5v1Qw
youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA
cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(09)00396-1
youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo
youtube.com/watch?v=9WXPwT2kPGo&feature=youtu.be
scholarworks.umass.edu/cpo/vol4/iss1/8/
youtube.com/watch?v=5P_0s1TYpJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it annoys me when they get fooled by something really shit and obvious, like they're over thinking it and giving the magician too much credit,

>you clearly see him pick up and put the oreo in his mouth and they miss it

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>that smug faggot with the Oreo

Holy fuck that trick sucked. All of that ridiculous buildup for what amounted to a split second of Teller not paying attention to notice the most obvious slight of hand imaginable. I caught it first try.

During the earlier years of magic stage magicians spent quite a lot of time and money creating tricks that other magicians couldn't perform. Eventually though someone would replicate the trick and others would discern the trick from the replication and the whole system would repeat. There was such a huge boom in original tricks during the early years and over time that surge kinda' wore down. It's hard to come up with an original trick that doesn't require special machines or large stage props and most of the schmos that show up on Fool Us can't afford to buy or bring these set ups and instead choose to less intricate tricks.

All it takes is for Penn and Teller to be very familiar with standard stage magic(they are) and they'll be about to figure out your trick. If you haven't noticed most people fool Penn and Teller by making them think they're performing another trick or misleading them in particular. The people who beat Penn and Teller aren't there doing 'normal' magic for the audience, they're there to do magic for Penn and Teller and that's it, which is why a lot of times the tricks people perform on the show are convoluted and have a large build up only to end in something simple or disappointing.

>smug faggot with cards fooled Penn and Teller in that one episode
>the hustler and tea guy didn't

stop saying "smug faggot," it's really cringeworthy

also no one itt understood the oreo trick feel free to watch the episode again

Because most of the people on that show are there to advertise themselves. They are not creative and are simply reusing existing tricks.

>>smug faggot with cards fooled Penn and Teller in that one episode
That was the best episode though.

>also no one itt understood the oreo trick feel free to watch the episode again

is this bait? after he spat out the milk he picked up a napkin as if to wipe his face, practically unhinged his jaw putting the oreo in, it wasn't even subtle.

Funny, this has just been on Channel 5 in the UK

How do they do the number suggestion ones? Like when they ask a few people to give a number between 1 and 9.

it was not sleight of mouth, confirmed by jon and also penn and teller

ITT: dummies who dont understand that expert magicians do bluffs of obvious routines in order to win fooler status

stick to your magic kits, dum-dums

I thought they canceled the show at first because those two shitty faggots put twenty bluffs in one shitty repertuare and won and then they changed the whole system when the show came back.

Really wanna know how but those magic books are never posted online and cost like $50 dollars

I think you shoudl go watch it again and listen to what penn says, he's talking it up as slieght of mouth, as if he's so skilled with his mouth/tongue the oreo was there all the time.

it was simple sleight of hand, watch it in slow motion (not that you have to) it is obvious when he loads it into his mouth from the napkin.

penn was giving him too much credit.

i miss ross as host

alison sucks

Matt,
Give it up. You don't know how magic works and you never will.

There's no trick to it. When asked to pick a number between 1-9 a large majority of people will say 7. Simple probability.

ok you're being retarded on purpose now and I'm taking the bait anyway.

he puts it in his mouth at 5:10

youtu.be/bjzQVVl9y0o?t=4m59s

There's a limited set of "moves" as it were that a lot of tricks use. A lot of magic is simply dressing up the presentation to disguise slight of hand that has been around ages. And two guys like Penn and Teller, there will be little they don't know or incorporate themselves.

you're embarrassing yourself matt

>fooled

I thought teller saw it there, couldn't believe it when they actually had to discuss it and all the shit penn was talking after it.

what the fuck

>smug faggot with cards fooled Penn and Teller in that one episode

this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=SCFXV6o7cro

>youtube.com/watch?v=J7Cg1TStD6s
So he dropped a deck out of his pant leg while everyone else was distracted, but what happened after that?

>unique poster counter hasn't incremented
Matt pls

because there are lots of tricks that are patented and public domain and Penn & Teller know them all.

There are also magician forums you can sign up to where they discuss new advancements in magic tech, new tricks and new concepts. They likely frequent these sites too so they can keep up with the latest developments in the community.

Yes, internet forums are the reason why two of the most famous magicians in the world know magic tricks.

this was my favorite act: youtube.com/watch?v=xtrvJflO6D8

how they did it is well-known, they're just so fucking good at it

You shouldnt put the poster counter on a pedal stool, a quality discussion can arise even from two people talking constructively to each other. Bitches like you are a diamond dozen

Do they talk in some kind of very elaborate and subtle code?

This is the comfiest show in TV right now.

It's like something out of the 1990s

how is this done? this act has been fucking with me since I saw it on Worlds Greatest Magic V in 1998

yes, secret code. using syllable counts, emphasis and specific phrases. it's all about how long they've been doing it

I think they just memorize indirect keywords and phrases, correct?

At 2:36 she hesitates a bit in her words as though she's processing something, which means she's probably deciphering the shit he said a few seconds earlier.

Hustler had a nice act but it seemed like everything he did was pretty standard, just applied in an imaginative way. It's too bad about the tea guy, it seemed like he worked really hard on it.

agreed, I was a huge fan of 90s magic specials as a kid, but then David Blaine and Criss Angel ruined TV magic by doing fake/editing tricks and made the public lose trust in magicians.

I have taped reruns of all 5 Worlds Greatest Magic specials, still literally the COMFIEST television ever produced

they're real powers you get from dating a niggress.

non-racemixers will never understand

How do they get their names and he personal significance of the objects (e.g. the guy's mother)? Is it sort of like hypnotism where you kind of go along with what she said out of fear of spoiling the trick for everyone else?

>it's like something out of the 1990s

youtube.com/watch?v=H3FHytuCdHg

fuck I was 8 when this was on. I'm 30 years old. on this aids pile of a website, god I hope I don't wake up tomorrow.

but yeah, I like penn and teller!

Hypnosis is real you fucking moron.

Where the fuck did I indicate or imply it wasn't you kneejerking faggot?

I assume it's preshow work, though not the kind where the audience is in on it. Rather they just do research before the show.

thats what I'm wondering. They could get names of people by just getting records from the theater of who bought tickets / their seats, but how do you get his mothers name without him writing it down or anything?

My victims don't pretend to "go along" with my command hypnosis "out of fear of spoiling the trick" because they are actually under my direct command and it is not a trick and cannot be spoiled, moron.

pre-show work isn't allowed

>Hypnosis is real
hahahahaha no it isn't

I liked Piff from the original run of the show

youtube.com/watch?v=Tq1kG6E2OJQ

Lol, you really don't understand magic at all.

pre-show work isn't allowed. the act must be presented to the producers beforehand

Hypnosis is just vulnerability to suggestion.

When I asked "is it sort of like hypnosis" I meant the implications of it, not the actual process itself.

It has to be some sort of social mechanism like I said. If you were surrounded by a hundred people eagerly anticipating a stupefying trick, would you not go along with the act out of fear you'd be outcasted?

it's pretty much the only rule of the show, they're nto allowed to do any preshow work with audience memebers, there are no stooges, everythign has to be done on stage on the fly.

QED

youtube.com/watch?v=2yIfbm5v1Qw

was there any trick worse than this one?

that is a way to do it, but it takes balls of steel, and you need an audience full of betas. It would be so easy for that to go horribly wrong

You have not one clue about the fundamentals of magic, I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing over your post. I got back up to type the captcha

i was on the show

Decades of experience.

Also look at the dude's fucking body language around 3:50 in It's not a matter of "alpha vs beta" when it's something to the scale of the shit on the show. It's a fucking phenomena.

nice shitpost man, have a (You)

a black kid avoiding prison is a pretty good trick desu.

and the oreo one.

The only thing that can blow a hole in this theory is if someone actually finds the dude named Cash.

Any acts where the performer wasn't convinced Penn & Teller weren't fooled?

>magic is about adhering to rules
Matt, you're a fucking retard.

In the end the judges will rule if they were or not if the performer doesn't believe it. In the recent one with the state cards Penn and Teller thought they got it but were overruled.

>it's a mentalist act

fuck that was great

I like to masturbate to Shin Lim's magic number

Teller looks like a midget version of Tim Kaine.

He confirmed it was not sleight of mouth, not that it was not sleight of hand.

forgot vid
youtube.com/watch?v=EAN-PwRfJcA

Teller's not a midget, he's 5'9, which is average. He just looks like a midget because Penn is 6'7.

This. Teller is a full 11 inches taller than the tallest dwarf.

Hypnosis is real. Maybe you want to educate yourself on the topic. Here is a research paper from 2009 which documents some fo the effects observed with fMRI.

cell.com/neuron/fulltext/S0896-6273(09)00396-1

That was neat

Penn is definitely a big guy for you

youtube.com/watch?v=CxUskbSn8jo

Matt BTFO

You wish you rapist

are you fucking kidding me? even a blind man can see this shit

You will NOT reply to me again.
You will NOT reply to me again.
This post will NOT get any more responses.
Sleep

you're a faggot

I always thought Alison was a cute, but I have to agree. She's cringingly awkward, stiff and fake, and sadly, not even good to look at anymore.

>that time he said into the trash it goes on the show

He's a good guy.

jonathan is a seasoned tv presenter and is better with the bantz.

but I can fap to milfy alyson.

not sure what I prefer.

link?

Jonathan for sure, he was the perfect host

Alyson is cute but just average at hosting

the oreo guy seemed kind of embarrassed that he fooled penn & teller. I'm sure he wasn't expecting it at all and was just there as a filler comedy act.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WXPwT2kPGo&feature=youtu.be

Listen to the guy's weird speech patterns and phrasing, how he interrupts the lady on certain words and syllables, how she will take her time answering him--it's a subliminal chanel. ~2:50 with the guy's guitar pick, the man/woman interrupt each other at strange syllables, and wrangle some otherwise very peculiar language, but they pull it off with charisma.

You've said nothing and you don't understand how the trick works, poseur.

I don't understand how the trick works, but it's easy to tell that their language is stunted because there's some kind of subliminal channel there; anyone who speaks english could tell this.

Alyson looks like she doesn't really want to be there, but she isn't getting anymore offers because she is old and used up...so she needs the check

>Black CEO goes up and stands on stage
>can't prove that
lewl

link please

see
he wasn't even entertaining or funny, if you're gonna do a shit trick at least have a good act.

Are you a Fooler, Matt? Do you have a Fool Us trophy? I don't think you do.

Svengali deck. Easy as shit.

>Fool Us thread closing in on 100 replies
>my threads died with 10 replies max

>implying that isn't the most brilliant trick of them all
Magic is all about misdirection and playing with expectations. He simply tailored his trick to the intended audience: expert magicians. They were looking for a complicated trick and he knew they would miss the simplest switch in the world. Don't hate the guy for taking advantage of an easy opportunity.

scholarworks.umass.edu/cpo/vol4/iss1/8/
pretty neat article

finally a sane opinion

How the fuck did the Evasons do it

The trick is apparently called Second Sight, which is enough to get a load of information. See

>that time he said into the trash it goes on the show
when was that?

In the segment where he does a trick, he did one about finding love that involved cards.

hahah god damn thats obvious.

Ignore the links posted and all previous responses. The fact is, the Evasons used magic.

code and sociology

I'm pretty sure the husbando asks the crowd person's name off-mic.

A coded language that allowed them to communicate information. As to how they know impossible personal information, well there are only a few options if you really think about it. As pre-stage work isn't allowed and neither are stooges, it must involve social media.
youtube.com/watch?v=5P_0s1TYpJU

You're such a dumb idiot.

>sociology

jesus christ. That's impressive

I'm not that guy and I'm not saying that this is how they did it, but it's certainly possible.

It would be so easy for them to go on twitter or something and search Penn & Teller Fool Us and find people who are making posts like 'omg going 2 see penn and teller tonite, so excited'

Says the moron who doesn't back up his assertions with any explanations. The coded language trick has been used for over a 100 years and used to be a staple in magic before the widespread availability of communication devices undermined the credibility of the act. As for the obtaining of personal information, there really aren't that many ways of doing so but they all require some element of prior research. Considering the vast amount of information that people post onto social media, along with location tracking, it represents a goldmine for magicians. This is the simplest way they could have found this out.