Andrzej Wajda, Oscar 1999 Honorary Oscar winner, director of the Ashes, Ash and Diamond, Man of Marble, Man of Iron...

Andrzej Wajda, Oscar 1999 Honorary Oscar winner, director of the Ashes, Ash and Diamond, Man of Marble, Man of Iron, Katyń, Wedding, Promised Land, Les possédés and many others has died today. he was 90

Possibly most important polish filmmaker, and not a pedo like Polański. Sticky when?

Other urls found in this thread:

mspresents.com/uk/the-promised-land/
youtube.com/watch?v=u-b7Rtu-nuk
imdb.com/title/tt0083789/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>implying he was better than Roman
but who cares, we are on Cred Forums

Sorry user, you must be lost.

You seem to have mistaken this for a place where people actually watch cinema.

I've only seen Ashes and Diamonds. What should I see next?

kanal is fucking great

I love kanal, watched it when I was very young
RIP

Try Promised Land, very organic kino about industrial era.

literally who

He wasn't no Stanley Kubrick, if you know what I mean

o kurwa rzeczywiscie

Even if he was a great filmmaker, I do not expect him to get a sticky.

Holy crap the commie died? Well his last movie was sent to the academy for the foreign movie Oscar even though he didn't deserve it because he was up against a legit WWII epic masterpiece on par with Come and See (Wolyn) and the brilliant biographical movie about the Beksinski family (The Last Family).

>it's a "Poles post outside of Cred Forums" episode
Just go back. If we had a thread for every literal who foreign filmmaker who died, this board would be nothing but an obituary database.

F

What kino should i download in his memory?

This one is a masterpiece. I know it exists in a longer TV version. Hopefully it's not too hard to get.

mspresents.com/uk/the-promised-land/

His WWII movies were usually pretty good as well although you have to be aware that he was always faithful to the rulling party no matter who it was.

youtube.com/watch?v=u-b7Rtu-nuk

Also Danton with Depardieu in the lead role. But I think I will watch the other movie about the French Revolution first (that two-parter from 1989).

literally who

t. plebian and proud

Wajda was making accessible historical movies and book adaptations.

Don't even try, noone cares here unless he wore a stupid cape in some shit flick

Mods should at least sticky it to promote his films.

Maciej is our hero!

Man of Marble

which one?

kill yourself

I agree, he needs a sticky

Danton was great.

Frewin: “Stanley [Kubrick] thought Danton was very nearly beyond criticism and ‘perhaps the finest historical film ever made’. He loved everything about it and said he would never tire of watching the scenes with Gérard Depardieu and Wojciech Pszoniak (‘I’d love to use that Polish actor in something’).”

coś pięknego xd

Piękna.

imdb.com/title/tt0083789/

I still quote the 'Camille...' scene all the time

>caring about a dead commie?

Glad he's dead desu

>commie
You use that word, do you even know what it means?

I went to the his museum of Japanese culture when I was in Krakow and saw his sketches, they were really nice.

>a commie
>a weeboo