How much better would Harry Potter be if they did it in 7 seasons with 10 one-hour episodes a season?

How much better would Harry Potter be if they did it in 7 seasons with 10 one-hour episodes a season?

I feel like this would be one of the coziest series ever. A whole episode about the train ride and arrival to Hogwarts, a whole episode about Christmas time and a Hogsmeade trip, etc.

They would age a lot faster

Yeah because Harry Potter wasn't long enough

can't improve perfection

it would be shit because there is nowhere near enough content for 10 hour long episodes

what would work better is extended editions that include all the cut content. the fourth book needs extended edition desperately

Why does Radcliffe look like the only one there that'd be a cool person?

Rupert looks like he'd be annoying and Watson looks like she's waiting for you to offend her

It still would have been one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Been saying this for years, would have been great. Would have given them a chance to properly world build, develop character relationships and dynamics, plus give some sense of the whole "magic school" aspect that was part of the reason many fell in love with it as kids, but got completely left out in the films for constant drama and plot. Hogwarts is a cardboard background in the films. The mundanity of going to lessons, dealing with crushes and other silly school shit is why the books are so comfy.

Did Rowling really need to put an entire chapter of every book describing how Harry uses the invisibility cape to watch Hermoine poop and then describe the entire scene in detail? Happened every book, and it really stands out a bit.

Because Radcliffe can enjoy a drink

maybe because you know the other two arent and youre biased already

Yeah Rupert looks like a football hooligan. Radcliffe probably knows all the dankest memes. Watson is snobby, but I'd still literally eat her feet

That scene where he masturbates in to a sock while watching standing in the girls dorm during GoF was a bit off, I agree, but the poop scenes are absolutely essential

personally I'm waiting for her to offend me and then step on my offending male dick

Because watson is a boring slag

>Watson looks like she's waiting for you to offend her
That's it.

That's the EXACT description I've been looking for for that stupid fucking look she always does

Man i hate watson, she just looks like such a bitch and all her opinions are shit like goddamn. she is not even good looking whats the matter with you people, krager go fuck yourself. I really dont get it.

Watson is going to be one of "those" mothers that goes to their kids school when she hears her kids friend picking up a naughty word

I solve all my lifes problems by thinking "what would Quentin do?"

Gone too soon but not forgotten

RIP

fucking kek
spot on

Would you an Englishwoman?

Radcliffe has stylish hair

Fuck off Krager, no one remembers your name and refers to you in threads like that. Get a grip man, no you know what! Dont. Lose your grip and fucking die.

She'll fade away and classify herself as obsolete soon, she's box office cancer and doesnt seem to get the enjoyment based Radcliffe gets from indie films

THAT'S FUCKING IT

WHAT'S THAT FUCKING LOOK CALLED

Hermione will be Black

You sure you want that? sounds like a monkey paw wish to me

Rowling is such a bitch. She is just sucking up to the alt left. She cant pretend that Hermoine being black auddenly was her fucking vision. She always imagined Hermoine white. Aaaargh kill me

I've been saying this for ages
Make a pg in-betweeners meets lord of the rings

>Ulysses
To this day i regret the time i wasted reading that smelly pile of shit

QUIDDITCH WANKERS

Where does "The Things They Carried" belong on this list?

No. That would be like them saying "Football wankers" you cretin

at least you didn't read Finnegans Wake.

I'd rather have a new story set in Hogwarts then re-hash the movie's plot.

Shows were not that popular when the first Harry Potter movie aired

Now every single history they think it has potential they make a whole serie

>Finnegans Wake
It can't be worse Oo

Aren't a whole bunch of ""classics"" and stuff become television shows now?
and I don't mean stuff like kung fu panders/disney movies

Your list is all over the place, neck yourself.

>avatar
ha ha ha, oh wow.
RED FAT BRITISH BUTTOCKS

grint looks like a bro and a godtier uncle that shows up at your 6th birthday party in a stolen ambulance with an entire group of star wars cosplayers that get into a fight with a group of trekkies so your grandfather falls out laughing and your mom flips out and raises hell, and your dad go back home to his new fat pregnant panamanian wife in shame with his shitty gift of a dead goldfish that he picked up on the way from a christian thriftshop he had to volunteer at for foodstamps.

radcliffe looks like the god king of all manlets that will pull so many bitches he gives them to his buddies just so he has enough time to pick up on EVERY girl in the area code.

she looks like the girl that is such a queen bitch that no matter how pretty she is, will never get her prince on a white horse, and is going to take it out on everyone in sight forever.

In terms of UK politics, Rowling is on the traditional Labour right. She gets massive abusive from the Corbynites.

>no Clifford for President
baka desu senpai

Order of the Phoenix has enough content for 22 episodes

Yeah didn't she have a hand in casting the movies? If Hermoine was supposed to be black, why didn't they cast her that way originally?

i was always disappointed that there wasnt enough femdom in the girls dorm, and that Cho Chang never had her uterus fondled by Prof. McGonagall in full description. it was only mentioned in passing, like we couldnt care less.

the whole fatman romping with nubile young boys must be a scottish thing because she just went on and on for chapter after chapter and used Horace Slughorn in such a generic way.

voldemort molesting the two children in the cave was surprisingly tender however for a sadist.

The great gatsby is so fucking overrated

This is false. If not solely from the content of the books, the world itself gives more than enough for a full season

The real reason that it wouldn't work out is because child actors suck. Before someone points out Stranger Things to me, that show has only one season so far and the kids aren't locked into a roll for 7 years of their lives. Even Watson and Radcliffe wanted to call it quits at one point because the job was getting to be too much for a kid to take on in addition to their normal lives. And tv shows film for a lot longer than movies do. From age 11 to 17 the actors would basically have to be different people and not get to have a normal life.

And then if it gets to be too much for one of them, they quit and then you have to recast because you can't just write out Hermione or Harry or Ron before the show is done, and recasts are jarring and lead to a loss of fans and viewers. Or if the fame goes to their heads, they become a raging alcoholic like Radcliffe did and a tv show is much more likely to get affected by that than a movie set is.

I'd love for it to happen to be honest, but I doubt it'd ever work

What about Dostoyevsky?

Why do you retards still say stuff like this. The controversy was that Rowling claimed that she never said Hermione was white, not that she "always meant for Hermione to be black"

She's a pandering annoying cunt for the way she went about it, but the point of it was that she didn't care about the race of the character's actress

If Malcolm in the Middle can last as long as it did without a drop in quality, then so can Harry Potter
Hell, Modern Family and the Middle also have child actors in a long-term roles with no major issues

You literally have no clue what you're talking about

Game of Thrones has been on for years now with the same child actors, except a couple minor ones that were recast as their characters became more important. But all of the normal ones seem pretty normal.

Comedy is a different beast entirely, don't pretend it isn't.

But they suck. Bran even got written out for a season, and his younger brother was gone for even longer. The Stark kids were some of the examples I was thinking about when I called child actors unskilled. The movies really did luck out with casting who they did, but from what I understand they auditioned thousands of kids to find them.

Would be neat to have a series told from Luna's perspective at Hogwarts, where a lot of it is her zany side adventures where she discovers and catalogues obscure magical creatures like Nargles and Wrackspurts, with the occasional tie in to the main HP storyline.

I honestly thought that SyFy show The Magicians would have been a great show about students at a magic school, but it turned out to be something else entirely. It's good enough that I like it, but I was still let down that it wasn't a show actually about the magic school

Always thought a show about the adults while they were in hogwarts would be cool. tom riddle, lily and james, severus, etc.

Like how the fuck is the same guy the antagonist of all 7 books and movies. Lazy shitty writing

Thats part of the reason the 3rd movie is my favorite, it hardly has anything to do with Voldemort

How is she a bitch? She doesn't care enough about your Cred Forums issues to ruin her steady cash flow. If she objected to some minor "controversy", she risked alienating her tumblr crowd who buy up all of her shit.

Can't work with the same lenght for all seasons/books. The difference in size between the books is huge.

>english

It's the french blood, she's not a britbong.

Fuck you guise this fucking Hollywood industry, indoctrinated me into thinking I grew up with these guise, now I can't forget about my crush on Emma, which is deeply rooted in nostalgia and childhood bliss.

I don't care if she nags me or emasculates me into her causes, I'd still give my left nut to cuddle with her and tease her about "Its Laviosa..." and show her the autistic threads on Cred Forums and argue about kino while we sit in a comfy apartment by a fireplace.
>Waifucus Obliviate
Fuck I wan't to FOGEET HER.

Where can I watch 'Citizen Bane'?

Cool opinion. How's ninth grade going?

>Lovegood
What did she mean by this?

I don't think it takes that long to read the books

>atlas shrugged
>not 1000000 levels below shit tier
immediately dropped

>66 replies
>ctrl+f quentin
>2 replies

Oh good.

fucking nerd

No. Most television shows are shit because of the pointless filler and padding. More isn't necessarily better. Who are you fucks who actually think that shit is "comfy"? Are you NEET?

Hughmongus Wot?