Name ONE thing he did wrong. I'll wait

Name ONE thing he did wrong. I'll wait.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bG8CVUujhs
youtube.com/watch?v=F3-3hOMsgwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Then you'll wait forever. Checkmate.

He replaced peace and prosperity with iron and war and ONLY because SAURON IS A FUCKING SPERG who wanted all of his middle earth legos put together the way he wanted.

A giant jagged crybaby who couldn't even catch a dumb hobbit.

saruman death was never show in the movie

Didn't wear the ring under his armour

forge the rings ? That cost him his life

What the fuck is he reaching for, use your giant sword you dumbass

Extended Edition: youtube.com/watch?v=0bG8CVUujhs

He showed up in the Hobbit movies. That was wrong.

He didn't help get his senpai Morgoth out of the void

Lost a fight to a dog.

His boss lost a fight to a spider. I'd say Sauron was an improvement.

He is reaching out to burn Isildur with his hands. He did the same to Gil-Galad in a deleted scene.

they cut his finger off anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered

Tricked a utopian kingdom of superhumans to try and conquer heaven resulting in the complete and utter destruction of said kingdom.

Spiders are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom.

>not wanting to grasp your enemy's throat with your own hand
>not wanting to watch them wriggle and claw at you as you personally choke the life from them
>not wanting to see the life ebb from their face as you crush their windpipe
Don't think you're cut out to be a dark lord user, sorry

Started a war against white people.

The Fall of Numenor deserved to be a full-length book. That was probably the most elaborate revenge plan in the history of fiction, he took centuries to pull it off.

>dark lord god
>gets killed from losing a finger

He didn't put a fence around the volcano.

And the gods removing their realm from the world and then breaking the world as it was and twisting it to shit

he lost his fucking ring. he didn't kill everyone.

>we will never see Numenor destroyed on the big screen

feels bad

really? what are the chances warner bros. aren't going to make a lord of the rings cinematic universe? just imagine the shekels

Associated himself with Melkor.

He put all his eggs in one basket.

The Silmarillion is too complex and dry to make a good movie series imo. Imagine trying to pitch the Downfall of Numenor to a studio. And even if by some miracle it got approved, you just know they'd try to shoehorn Orlando Bloom and Ian Mckellan in there for no reason.

Didn't think to put a fence around his massive volcano that is the only source that can destroy his power.

I believe I read somewhere that the Tolkien family said that they wouldn't sell any more rights to movies after the hobbit disaster.

They could make the children of hurin into films, beren and luthien too, they would turn out shit like the hobbit but they certainly could be done

The Silmarillion would be shit as a live action film. The only way it could possibly work is as an anime and even then it'd probably be shit. Some things are best left to the imagination.

>not wearing the
ring on his penis

Spiders are scary, dogs are goofy

>Worship Morgoth
>Wants to enslave middle earth just because
>Stores all of his power into a ring like a fuckwit
>Dies
>Morgoth never really helped

>implying the destruction of numenor wasn't part of his plan

It's literally just Christopher Tolkien. No one else in the family gives a shit and will sell immediately after the old faggot dies.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3-3hOMsgwI

>Worship Morgoth
nor really, the way you put it you seem to think Morgoth is some god that Sauron prays to, like a Satan-like creature who's Eru tier, which he isn't
>just because
he wanted to industrialize Middle Earth, what did he want to do after that? Who knows, maybe he would just sit around chilling, maybe he'd try to help Morgoth, or go after the Valar (he would get rekt btw).
Because he was literally vanished to the void after his fellow Valar came and fucked his shit up

You say that like they'll do a faithful adaptation.

Lost two wars because he stuffed most of his power into a ring he them couldn't keep hold of.

He spent literally centuries doing it, too.

Morgoth was sent to the void (or turned into Tom Bombadil, depending on who you ask), he couldn't help.

>he wanted to industrialize Middle Earth, what did he want to do after that?

He wanted to enslave Middle Earth. It's not like he was just trying to build factories. It's actually kind of strange how openly and clumsily he went about it. He was so clever and careful about destroying Numenor and making the rings in the first place, but it's like he lost a hundred IQ points between losing to Isildur and the Fellowship of the Ring.

>or turned into Tom Bombadil, depending on who you ask

This is my new headcannon

Most of Sauron's skill lay in deception and manipulation combined with his incredible talent for shapeshifting

when, after the destruction of Numenor he got locked into a malicious form his potential was vastly diminished, in a way he never was truly suited for this evil overlord business and only took it up in the absence of Morgoth

>we will never see Numenor destroyed on the big screen
After the Hobbit fiasco I don't want any fucking studio touching Silmarillion or Children of Hurin for that matter.
Leave well enough alone.

everyone knows the moment Christopher dies the Silmarillion movie rights will be sold to the highest bidder
and there will be bidders, no matter how shitty the Hobbit was, it sold pretty damn well

>Morgoth was sent to the void (or turned into Tom Bombadil, depending on who you ask), he couldn't help.

God Damn user... thanks. Every time this gets mentioned, I end up reading lore for hours. Fuck. I like it though.

>Tom Bombadil
>Morgoth
Bombadil can only be some physical representation of the first creation music. I mean, omnipotently powerful and ancient but utterly indifferent to affairs on middle earth. That rules out the Ainur and Eru. Faggot liked his tunes too.

true, but there are certain sections that I think would be adaptable. I remember the children of hurin being a pretty good self contained arc.

I honestly don't care. The books will be the only things to ever be cannon, so I would more than enjoy a mediocre adaptation of anything lord of the rings

jesus christ, that's awful

He died.

Killed hundreds of people, invaded places, burnt cities, convinced Numenor to become evil.

>fell in love with the huge edgy bully
>dropped from college to follow said bully into retarded criminal schemes that resulted in no good to anyone and repeated curbstomps by the cops
>tried to fulfill a prophecy about the death of some dog because surely 'the greatest wolf who ever lived' referred to his dainty ass and not Carcharot
>dreamed of being a tyrannical dictator in order to remake the world into his own autistic utopia
>demanded everyone to call him by his gamer tag, threw hissy fits if anyone used his elvish nickname
>managed to gain control over the greatest mortal realm in history, then instead of doing his own endgame he goaded them into invading the godly realm
>tried to dodge the power dissipation clause by putting all of it in a phylactery, then used an obvious piece of jewelry for it
>got curbstomped by the good guys AGAIN, lost the ring because he made it magically compelling
>waited 3000 years, then tried the same thing again that didn't work the previous 5-7 times

Sauron was the CWC of Arda.

Old Gray Sauron, he ain't what he used to be, ain't what he used to be...

Morally wrong or just in general? Cause if it's in general, he's been on a hell of a losing streak to a couple of pint-sized folk.

Wearing the ring on the outside of his armour, wearing it on his finger instead of on his toe or cock

>or cock

"But the power of the Ring could not be undone..."

He gave to the wrong midgets

Made a super-weapon that could be so easily cut off, its stupider than putting the exhaust shaft in the death-star