Why were we supposed to sympathize with Ferris when he was a dumb chad? Cameron was way more relatable

Why were we supposed to sympathize with Ferris when he was a dumb chad? Cameron was way more relatable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WiOYDLVW3Vk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

normies dont empathize with those they consider losers

I thought that was the point.

HAVEN'T HAD A DREAM IN A LONG TIME

was Cameron autistic?

childhood is when you idolize ferris adulthood is when you realize that the cameron makes more sense

tfw you realize that Ferris is all in Cameron's head, it was Fight Club before Fight Club.

If you aren't a normie, then when you are young you empathize with Ferris, but as you grow older and look back at your life you realize you were cameron all along.

this desu

>quoting lyrics when they play an instrumental cover
what did he mean by this?

broderick was pretty entertaining as ferris but cameron literally made that movie

it would have been so much more forgettable without him

Posting Mia Sara because why not

It doesn't help that Matthew Broderick literally murdered someone

someones

two people

What??! What happened?

he took a machete and sliced up two people in a warehouse back in 1992

really out of place and sort of sudden

>two people
The Irish are only 3/5ths of a person.
The entire population that is.

He paid the fine. Let it go, paddy.

Girlfriend and him were drunk driving. Killed part of a family in car crash (think mother and daughter? Could be wrong, been awhile since I've read it).

He got off with a very slight slap on the wrist.

Is there your way of trying to make yourself feel better about the fact that Ferris makes you self-conscious about how little you're actually living life?

Cameron was the villain you cunts.

well it seems like you're the villain now

What's cool about this question is the juxtaposition between the 80s and the 10's. In the 80s, you *rooted* for the cool, suave hero. Nowadays, of course, that person is an evil chauvinist and bully, and cannot be tolerated. It's interesting. Depressing, but interesting.

He was living life at the expense of others, namely cameron.

fuck you

Because everyone's too afraid to be cool and go against the grain. Everyone is a bandwagon faggot now man.

He did nothing wrong. He just wanted to lay in bed all day. That's a noble goal.

>literally everyone likes ferris and if they don't there pedos or have a stick up there ass
>implying ferris wasn't a living bandwagon

Ferris just wanted to show him a good time and he was being a whiny bitch about it.

That ain't livin you pathetic NEET

youtube.com/watch?v=WiOYDLVW3Vk

> virgin who just a wants to spend all day in bed
Fuck I turned into Cameron

Let my cameron goooooo

When your life is shit, you'll understand why somebody doesn't want to get out of bed too.

You don't want to
But it still has to be done

My life has been shit faggot, but that doesn't mean you should give up.

mmn

you make a sound point

You're really making me wish you stayed in bed.

Doesn't the character cameron literally die after the end of the movie?
I vaguely remember after he talks about facing up to his dad
the movie just showed text showing his name and year of birth and death. Which was the current year of the movie.

if ferris wasn't there cameron would have been bed "sick" and his shit life would have gone on.

ferris did use him to an extent but he wasn't wrong either in thinking it would be good for cameron so it wasn't necessarily at his expense, it was mutually beneficial

yeah ferris was a totally a chad

a chad who has no car, draws girls on his computer, and has wall to wall hipster posters in his room.

better to be dead than to live in fear

This is actually how I felt when I first watched this movie back in high school. I was like, this Ferris guy is a smug egotistical dick and nothing like me or any of my friends. We were all fucking losers and a movie about some guy who is socially adept and ends up having a great successful day with public approval was just annoying.

that's not what murder means

You were actually supposed to sympathize with Cameron but aspire to be more like Ferris

Cameron was a regular weak person, repressed by his obligations, overbearing parents and fear of the future. Ferris had these concerns as well but he didn't let them stop him from enjoying life. His parents would have made him go to school, something Ferris found tedious, so he played them. He was concerned about losing his girlfriend and friend so he was trying to figure out how to keep them in his life, or at least how to enjoy what time he had left with them. He wasn't malicious at all with the people he involved though, he played his parents in a way that made them feel good about themselves and he involved Cameron because he knew it would be good for him to get out and live a little instead of wallowing.

He learned to play each element to his advantage instead of just giving in to self-pity and despair like Cameron did.

Stop lying to yourself. Every Marvel hero is cool, suave hero dude with quips. Plus infinitely more handsome than Ferris, Heck in Strange Things Chad win in the end and everyone loves that show and everything about it.

Childhood is wanting to be Ferris. Adulthood is realizing Rooney makes more sense.

A $650 fine and he never even apologized.

Rooney is a giant asshole though, fuck that guy. Team Cameron

He's a fucking sociopath. He played his parents so that he could skip school and he played Cameron because he needed his car. Granted, being a charming and manipulative ass hole was the ultimate goal of every american during the 80s.

I guess it depends on your perspective. A lot of people find high school pointless babysitting so it's not really unreasonable or "bad" to not want to go every day. And he never pushed it too far really, he stayed within the 10 day limit or whatever.

And he did use Cameron for his car to an extent but I think he would've found something else to do if he didn't see that it would've been good for Cameron too.

I just didn't see him as sociopathic, just someone who wanted to have fun and didn't care about the normal social niceties and all that. Wrecking the car pushed Cameron to confront his dad and Ferris was smart enough that he would've probably considered that as well and decided it was worth the risk for them to take it for a joyride. IMO anyways

>Guy from Fermanagh here

Mfw I am reminded Ferris bueller literally murdered 2 people 20 miles from where I live and got away with it

>tfw Jennifer Grey completely ruined her appearance with cosmetic surgery

I want to kiss her on the nose

this is cynical as fuck way to look at it

he was trying to involve his friend and knock him out of his pathetic depression cocoon.

the car is just a convenient subplot. considering all the other things he scammed in the movie he could've gotten another car for the day

pic related is the most illuminating moment of the movie imo

the closer cameron looks the less he sees, and this is how he feels about his own existence

You're 25 years too late.

pic was meant to be related

is it acceptable to wear hockey jerseys as a regular article of clothing?

for a high school kid not that weird

not nearly as pathetic as the 30-somethings i see wandering the streets on Sunday in full team-gear head to toe

It always has been in my experience. Granted, I live in Michigan, so that might play a part in that.

I actively recall my mother wearing a Gordie Howe jersey from time to time.

I'm dying.

Probably some casting agent told her that her nose was too big. Same people that tell Ariel her tits are too big.

such a travesty

Damn shame.

When I was younger, I thought Ferris was a smug asshole who acted like he deserved everything and everyone went along with the hype because of his pure charisma. And yeah, Cameron seemed 'realer' or like he saw things for what they were.

Later in life, I've come to realize there's like this almost mystical truth to Ferris's self-fulfilling luck and abundance. What I've learned is that the Cameron perspective isn't the truth, except that you make that your truth if you believe it. But if, conversely, you live in a winning, abundant mentality, life falls in line with that. And the thing is, there is no good reason to go the Cameron route. It leads to serious depression, zero accomplishment, possibly suicide. The Ferris route leads to experience, getting out, getting laid, realizing potential.

A person doesn't necessarily have to be as naturally charismatic as a Ferris, they just have to have the right attitude and feelings and self-image. Took me so long to realize the truth in it, and the world is full of "haters" who think the Ferris mentality is a lie, that it's a bubble, that it's hype, false-consciousness, magical thinking. It's not, because it gets results. It's reality is in its results.

Did Matthew make her pretend to be his sister while fucking her?

Remember that thing Cameron was doing at the baseball game? I've always liked him more because of stuff like that.

>Ferris makes out with Sloan and Cameron just has to sit there

>gets to watch her change

>A person doesn't necessarily have to be as naturally charismatic as a Ferris, they just have to have the right attitude and feelings and self-image. Took me so long to realize the truth in it, and the world is full of "haters" who think the Ferris mentality is a lie, that it's a bubble, that it's hype, false-consciousness, magical thinking. It's not, because it gets results. It's reality is in its results.

Dafuq? Guys like Ferris get locked up once they're too old for those antics to be adorable.

i had a similar sort of feeling after watching it.

i've tapped into this mindset in the past and its kind of surreal, if you let yourself go you can become whoever you want to be. for example i remember a handful of times in my life where, without going into too much detail, i basically turned on charisma and people were genuinely drawn to it and saw it as "real" (which it was, i just wasnt restraining my reactions like i normally do when bogged down by my normal "shy" "personality").

i think people like ferris are just people who have experienced this and realized how to access it whenever they want. i dont see whats so bad about charming people into getting what you want the way he does, he never really ends up hurting anyone in the process (who didn't bring it upon themselves by being petty) and actually leaves people feeling good for having been a part of the experiences he creates

what did he do that you find so awful?

i really cant help but picture you as the jaded teacher from breakfast club

>tfw he literally lives in a place named Kilcar

Ferris was a psychopath, pure and simple.

>i really cant help but picture you as the jaded teacher from breakfast club

I'll take that as a compliment.

most likely

I found nothing interesting or redeeming about Ferris and Cameron was an obvious straw man to act as a foil for the "cooler" Ferris.
His actions are exaggerated, his popularity memetic (Ferris was cool because everyone said he was cool), and his ultimate behaviour thoughtless and parasitic. His idea of good time in no way implies freedom, but reckless abandon and lack of restraint that is based on abuse of others who supply him with resources to carry on.
Cameron is dragged into it as a "friend" who is ultimately there to act as a gullible sucker for Ferris to provide for him while seemingly "sharing" in the fun that Bueller has. Cameron did not come out any better from the experience and Ferris gets away with it.

The film is presented as a teen fantasy and some interpret it as a story of letting go of your everyday petty worries, but in reality it's nothing more than what it starkly represents - a dick who gets away with his crap at expense of comically incompetent adults and gullible peers. The film itself is overblown in its fame, just as much as Ferris's popularity at school - it's empty.

Ive tried explaining this scene to people and how I relate to this more than any other part in the movie. They all think im looking too into it and its just Cameron enjoying the artwork.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is pretty much just the Cat in the Hat. Funny likeable guy comes along, offers boring normies a fun time, fucks shit up, leaves normies to deal with the realities. We want it to be like Ferris has it all the time, but we ultimately relate to Cameron coz he's the one who has to face the realities like we do.

Also, check these digits.

>Chad
he was a manlet
>dumb
he was based as fuck

Rooney made absolutely no sense.

Cameron was the only person that existed. Ferris and his GF were figments of his imagination