flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/bombadil.htm
vocaroo.com/i/s1UsLsVtRZKs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Villain shaming

>Genocide and slavery arent bad methods to get your spirit jewelry back

Lol ok

>Telepathically spooping people is a bad way to get your homemade ring back
Nice try Hackson you fucking goof

the setup for this shit series literally makes no sense.

>badguy too powerful so he puts his power into a ring which he then loses and dies

You didn't pay attention.

Sauron made the One Ring in order to dominate and control those who weild the lesser rings.

This is why he makes the three, the seven, and the nine and gives them as gifts to kings.

Why was Glorfindel not in the movies

Because needz more female presence.

They had to cut shit out, man. Like Tom Bombadil (thank god) all personality any of the orcs had, Saruman fucking up the Shire, Aragorn's dunedain pals, all the nifty songs, Denethor having a palantir, etc.

>taking advantage of your resources
he did nothing wrong

>Denethor having a palantir

I'm a little annoyed that this was cut out, because without it the movie gives the impression that Denethor has just gone insane for no particular reason. Also, why was Faramir evil in the second movie?

>shit series
Opinion discarded. You are 13

Not to mention that he only wanted the ring back so he could enslave Middle-Earth. Although honestly it seemed like he kind of had it in the bag already, if Frodo had tripped and broken his neck at any point in the story Sauron would have won.

>no particular reason
Saruman corrupted his mind with magic...it is literally setup

Wait what? I'm pretty sure I remember a scene where Denethor is using a palantir to communicate with Sauron. Did I just imagine that?

So they could have filler and leave Shelob for the third movie?
>Saruman
>having anything to do with Denethor
?

Well the gods were looking after Frodo, so prob not

I have not seen such a scene. Maybe it's some extra?

>middle earth not big enough for all the elf and human kings
Someone explain this?

>>you want your ring that you made yourself and you literally need it to live

Sure, but eternal life (with unlimited power) is not exactly a reasonable expectation. It's not like he was some blue-collar schmo just taking care of his family.

But he's a maia, eternal life is what he had by default.

But he had eternal life, didn't he? he was an angel or something.

I confused denethor with theoden but it is implied that denethor is being corrupted by using the palantir

Implied in the movies when there isn't one there at all?

He was a fucking unbeatable warlord. He could already control everything. The only thing that could possibly stop him would be placing all his power into an arbitrary item which he could then lose. It makes zero sense.

What? There is a scene with denethor talking about using the seeing stones...its in the films...denethor tells Gandalf when he arrives at Gondor, thats why hes so fucking bitter.

27 thanks m8. I actually enjoy the series as a whole but the setup for it is lazy as fuck.

>I never read the books or saw the films

>unbeatable warlord
The rings. Three for elves, seven for dwarves, nine for men. His plan was to control the rulers of all three races. That takes effort.
>about using the seeing stones
He said "I have seen more than you know", which in the books was certainly a reference to him using a palantir, but that's all the movie had. Unless there's deleted scenes I don't know anything about.

>fantasy world built on, like, 20 layers of mythical foundation spun out of this one man's head over the course of decades
>lazy setup

a little peeved desu

If you think it was lazy, then you are just an obtuse faggot with little education. Sorry.

>they cut out the scene from the books where Sam, Frodo, Merry and Pippin all bathe naked together

ehhhh wrong try again. Its funy to see the nerd fan boys circle the wagons the second any criticism is levied against the series.

>Denethor is using a palantir to communicate with Sauron.

nigga that's saruman talking to sauron

Denethor is the dude in the giant fur coat.

he also turns into the flaming man in battle of pelenor fields.

this guy gets what these idiots are doing:

circle the wagons fanboys

Pretty sure you get more hints at it in the extended. Which is the only cut worth watching. But its implied. A palantir is implied

yeah i thought i remembered merry or pippin (forget which was his houseboy) finding the palantir and going into shock or some shit

You arent offering any criticism...just saying generic and general shit about how you think its lazy or whatever.

You're thinking of when Pippin steals a glance into the palantir Wormtongue drops on them in Isengard.

I know who Denethor and Saruman are, faggot. I just remembered a shot of Denethor using a palantir.

ah you're right, my bad

>Although honestly it seemed like he kind of had it in the bag already

The way the movies and the books both present it is basically like this:

>Sauron without the ring: 99% chance that he wins
>Sauron with the ring: 100% chance that he wins

You sound really butthurt, contrarian. Why dont you project harder?

>LOTR
Anti-industrialisation garbage for simple minded folks who think they're reading The Great Gabsy or Atlas Shrugged.

Go read a real book, mongs.

Can you provide us with such a scene?

It taught me to read Stephen King

>but the setup for it is lazy as fuck.

Tolkein created three languages and a fantasy equivalent of The Bible just as backstory for the Lord of the Rings. I don't think any book series has ever had a more solid setup.

It is still implied that denethor is in possession of a palantir

does harry potter count?

But that user never read it so it doesn't count and therefore it's lazy.

>Atlas Shrugged
>a real book

Kinda the Osmund calling the Kettleblack, eh?

No you idiot that's why I'm confused about it.

Still better than LOTR, at least it doesn't have environmentalist propaganda.

>He was a fucking unbeatable warlord

what about that time an elf chick beated his ass so much he went crying to morgoth like a little bitch......

Sauron was never an unbeatable warlord, all of ''his'' power, was actually Melkor's power

So the scene doesn't exist?
It wasn't an Elf chick, it was the chick's dog. Sauron lost a fight to an actual dog.

>Lord of the Rings is Anti-industrialisation garbage for simple minded folks
Well considering im on a site where people hate Citizen Kane, deny the holocaust and believe the world to be flat, this doesnt surprise me that youd have such a retarded uninformed opinion about art

Sauron was never a warlord type anyway. He was a trickster and craftsman. His strengths were in deceiving people and creating things. He only seemed like an unbeatable warlord relative to elves/men/dwarves/hobbits because he's a demigod.

>He was a fucking unbeatable warlord. He could already control everything.
Nope. Sauron was beaten by a dog, then the Numenorians beat his ass around for a few thousand years, then the last alliance and then finally like a force of 26 000 men beat his army at the pelennor fields.

It was explicitly stated that Sauron was afraid of the Numenorians for example. He wasn't some all powerful warlord, he was beaten several times with militarily. Gil-Galad and Elendil were able to almost beat him in a duel.

>demigod
Sorta. He was a Maia like Gandalf.

fuck that's true, so he's more than a wimp than I remember, i have to read the Sil again ...anyhow, point proven, sauron's power is seductive not raw power

Also because the more of his power he used to create shit, the more tightly bound he became to his physical form, and since everyone by that point had seen through his bullshit, turning into a Big Guy in spiky armor was probably the best thing to do.

Is there something inherently wrong with a message like "please take care of the planet"? Thats like saying teaching kids to be nice and respectful is happiness and good will propaganda.

Its not propaganda if its a positive message, neet. Is promoting recycling some recylcist agenda? Does "Big Recycle" get a tax cut every time a bottle is saved from a landfill?

It's literally what it is about, you dumbfuck.
Tolkien denied countless accusations of allegories, but always admitted he hated industralization.

And whoever opposes industralization is a retard. Hence, Tolkien is a retard and his magnum opus his testament to his retardation.

And whoever reads it is also equally stupid.

>enviornmentalism
>is propaganda
Burgerland, ladies and gents.

And give up this handsome mug?

You are not wrong. There is a scene were Denethor says to Gandalf something along the lines of "I have seen it" (in reference to Mordor's forces), and he gives a sly glance to the side. Since I read the books, it's pretty obvious that he means a palantir, but it's not clear in the movies at all.

Sauron is a Twink

Your opinion is still uninformed and retarded. Do you need it explained as to why?

>And whoever opposes industralization is a retard.

Industrialization is going to destroy society and our way of life in a couple of decades due to depleted resources. Then we'll head back to a per-industrialized society, but shittier because we forgot how to live this way and fucked the world completely.

>BWAAAA WHY ARE YOU GUYS TRYING TO IMPROVE YOUR STANDARD OF LIVING AND PREVENT FAMINES WITH YOUR EBIL INDUSTRIES
This is literally Tolkien. A guy stuck in the past with a weird fetish for rural countryside lifestyle.
Isengard and Mordor are a metaphor for industrialization.

Your comment makes no sense. Can you even into reading comprehension?

>ad hominems
Please kys.

Kys 2.

Not like he's getting laid ever again.
Stop calling him Melkor, you'll trigger the Elves.

>And whoever opposes industralization is a retard
The lack of understanding of historical context in this post is amazing. You're an american I assume?

I like this drawing of Melkor best. idk why

>Kys 2.

Nice argument faggot.

Actually seeing the British countryside destroyed by the industrial revolution on levels that today's corporations (outside of maybe in China) couldn't even hope to accomplish is not the same thing as the stuff said today.

>Isengard and Mordor are a metaphor for industrialization.

Isengard yes, Mordor is Flanders.

You didnt answer my question and you literally said that enviornmentalist measages were propaganda....

Would you like me to quote you?
We would all love for you to explain why.

I always thought Melkor sounded more intimidating than Morgoth.

>Saruman fucking up the Shire

Would have created the shittiest pacing

Stupid Flanders!

good on you, friend

>Isengard and Mordor are a metaphor for industrialization.

your a fucking idiot

LOTR was written in the fucking 1950s, retard.
What "historical context" are you talking about?

>You didnt answer my question and you literally said that enviornmentalist measages were propaganda....
No, I said LOTR is environmentalist propaganda disguised as a shitty fantasy book.
Now that we learnt you cannot fucking read, please abstain from replying to me again.

>sauron's power is seductive not raw power

Exactly. Sauron's greatest victory, the downfall of Numenor, starts with Sauron getting his ass kicked in battle and take prisoner. Then he spends the next 200 years or so influencing their kings into trying to basically declare war on "heaven" so that the "gods" destroy them.

>Reddit Letter Media reaction
that explains a lot.

>more ad hominems
Please go on, continue make a fool of yourself for my own amusement.

I prefer the more primal depiction of melkor

also this is a draw a friend of mine made, but the fucker never finished it

>No, I said LOTR is environmentalist propaganda disguised as a shitty fantasy book.
Okay, so the problem is you arent underatanding.

What the fuck IS environmentalist propaganda? What in your head does that mean? You fail to explain what makes environmentalism, implicitly, propaganda.

Never reply to me ever again.

>What "historical context" are you talking about
This has to be bait, you cant be this stupid

>get told
>throw shit in the air

Lol talking about ad hominems.

go on about what? I just stopped in to call you a fucking idiot.

that's all that's needed

No? Get off this board if you are autistically triggered

His argument is that Tolkien was opposed to industrialism because Saruman destroyed the Shire on purpose and told the Hobbits he was doing it in the name of progress.

That doesnt answer my very basic question...

Destroying the ring is their only chance, yeah.

Sauron made the ring for a reason. He wanted to weaken and control the leaders of all the races because he got btfo by crazy-powerful numenoreans and didn't want to live that again

Well I'm not him, don't ask me.

>This has to be bait, you cant be this stupid

He can be. Americucks don't know anything about countries other than Murrika, and think all industrialization started in there. They also think Britain looks like it did in the middle ages, because they get all their education from movies.

Well he cried and threw a bitch fit, now I dont think hes here anymore

>LOTR was written in the fucking 1950s, retard.
You seem to be lacking in the history of Tolkien too. Pretty bad, laddie.
>"historical context
Tolkien was not born in a heavily industrialized world, and in an area that was barely industrialized. His first experience with industrialization was in the first world war. He was also living in a time where the benefits of industrialization were not as apparent as they were today, especially when back in the day they did not have instant global communication.

You're an absolute moron if you can't see why someone who was born in an non-industrialized setting, who is a world war 1 vet would dislike industrialization.

You're speaking from the perspective of someone who was born and lives in an industrial setting, you haven't lived in any other world and thus reverting back seems unreasonable to you.

I'm from burgerland, and this is the most burgerland post I have ever laid my eyes upon.

>Propaganda

top kek

Yeah, the warhound of the God of hunting who came from paradise to hunt down monsters and all.

>What "historical context" are you talking about?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Somme

Tolkein fought in this battle and many others. He got to see first hand what industrial warfare looked like.

Not him bur rhar's not even true, there's multiple issues there.

Saruman didn't destroy the Shire, he just showed up with some asshole humans and took it over for a little while. What Saruman DID destroy was the forests around Isengard and used the lumber to create machines of war. Which went to Tolkien's biggest issue with industrialization, because it made things like WW1 which he fought in possible when without industrialization it simply couldn't happen on the scale it did.

And Saruman never did any of it in the name of progress, it was to create a new power in the world to rival Sauron's.

Doesn't change the fact that they used that loss to shame Sauron into shutting up about them invading his fortress.

Im American, I agree that our education is poor here...its because people get so distracted by faux facts and not real information. But I wouldnt paint my entire country with a broad brush, its usually juat a vocal minority of people who are retarded. Sure I take the piss out of them every now and again, but we do have some really smart people here.

Not to mention that industrialization pretty much destroyed his home town, Birmingham, and literally created a huge area that was so covered in soot it was named "the black land".

>You seem to be lacking in the history of Tolkien too. Pretty bad, laddie.
Oh and btw, I'm not denying the book was written in the 50s. To clarify: Tolkien's books were generations in the making. Most of the broad aspects of his work were probably thought up when he was younger, so his works probably represent the ideas of a younger Tolkien rather than the one who wrote them in the 50s

This is nigger logic, you're the bad guy for killing everyone. Wanting the ring back is inconsequential to their hating you.

Agreed. Morgoth sounds like Melkor's edgy phase.

He's literally Satan. Is it possible to get more edgy than that to begin with?

Isn't that what it is? He was literally the edgy kid who felt nobody understood him so he started shitting things up for everyone else.

Pretty much this

Idk why you gave him the time of day tho, that user

do you think Melkor hatefucks sauron when he fucks up?

Did Sauron ever have sexual congress with a willing/unwilling partner of either sex of the mortal races or the Maiar?

Considering that saurons spiritual form is a piddly little thing scattered across the world, Morgoth is gonna have to find him first

his ass is just for Morgoth

Melkor didn't pick the name Morgoth you retards, it was some butthurt elf who called him that.

I like you. I fucking hate how retarded people are in this country.

Morgoth had a soft spot for Elf maids, in the version of Beren and Luthien that's in the Book of Lost Tales he got turned on when she danced for him.

He didn't "hate industrialization", faggot.

He just saw how fucking bad it can get (hundreds of acres of forest and green fields flattened into horrific slime pits filled with dead bodies in WW1).

He did deny allegory, but you'd be a retard if you think that going to war and having all your best pals die in the first week due to brand new tech doesn't affect you.

>weird fetish for rural countryside lifestyle

You mean what every man in the world wishes to retire to?

Sorry user. I did not know that. Thanks for teaching me.

>Morgoth making Sauron take his Annatar look
>give him an elf dress and make him dance for him

It's not even a fetish when it's literally what he grew up in and spent most of his life in.

>create ring
>put half your soul and power into it
>lose ring
BRAVO SAURON

>Morgoth had a soft spot for elf maids

So he forced them to fuck goblins to make orcs. He's like that guy who keeps making BLACKED threads

>Sauron imprisoned on Numernor
>raped every night in the dungeon
>forced to wear a chastity belt and a dress

im starting to feel bad for sauron

Truly the Black Numenoreans were the worst.

He just saw a chaotic world and wanted to bring order to it, in accordance with the nature the Valar had given him.

POTTERY

>ywn be a Numenorean during it's zenith and roll up to Mordor in the largest army Arda has ever seen and watch Sauron give up immediately upon seeing you.

Just kill me.

me too senpai

>ywn fuck Annatar's maiapussy

>ywn be Sauron after being "captured" by the Numenoreans, laughing on the inside because you just thought up a plan to kill every last one of them without lifting a finger

>ramming it in
>pull his head up by that long, fair head of hair
>Say it!
>One ring to rule them AHHAAHN

Don't.

He, like Melkor, did not actually train themselves in physical combat.. relied solely on their other abilities/power to instill fear.

When it came to Melkor.. sure he defeated Fingolfin but he looked like a complete bitch, his army didn't gain any morale boost from it at all and the only thing he could do was doubt himself. He was essentially a God, him not stomping the shit out of that puny elf right away was a failure.

Sauron let himself be beat by foolishly letting his finger get cut off, then later he had minimal to zero awareness of his own realm and let 2 midgets end him.

Why didn't Sauron just put the ring on his dick?

Flawless plan if Hobbits didn't exist, and even then they only manage it because Gollum shows up and destroys the ring by accident at the last second.

I wonder if Sauron really gave up. He's immortal, he doesn't think on the same timescale as humans (even Numenoreans). Maybe he thought it would be funny to make the Numenoreans destroy themselves.

That's the whole point of what he was doing.

The constant erection would be too distracting. He does not want to become a drooling slut.

Do you think Tolkien was ever going think up what happened to the seven rings of the Dwarves?

>They had to cut shit out, man. Like Tom Bombadil (thank god)

The very mention of his name makes me kek

What the fuck were the dwarves actually doing during both wars?

Hoarding shekels and being angry about Elves. Also malt beer and red meat off the bone.

What was Tolkien thinking?

somethin about makin them just slightly more greedy maybe, but it didn't drastically transform them.

thought i could be wrong and they may have not done anything, been a lil while since i've gone through muh materials.

Their jew stats went up to 11

So was he meant to be a dwarf or just a very short human?

Tom Bombadil was Eru after wasting all his powers on creating the world and the gods.

During the second war, Sauron sent a messenger to the dwarves and offered them Moria+3 of the 7 rings. Dain refused, and Sauron sent an army to destroy his kingdom.

No idea what the dwarves were doing during the first war. Probably hiding underground.

youtube.com/watch?v=8F35irQGXE4

Don't Dwarves not have souls or something? I remember they were created by like the Hephaestus of LOTR

Dwarves were too stubborn for anything to happen. All the evil Sauron could bring on them would've come out of their own greed and pettiness eventually.

Yeah, the seven ancestors were created in secret by one of the gods without consulting anyone else. They weren't meant to be.

I don't recall if they had souls or not..

What I remember is that one of the gods got impatient for the development of men and elves, so he made the dwarves

the others found out and he was like "oops, well, can I keep them anyways?"

"sure, but they gotta go to sleep and wait with the others"

I think he's supposed to be huge.

>ywn be given your own island just because your dad was a pretty cool guy.

>ywn be given a few hundred extra years to live because your mom and dad were both pretty cool

>ywn have a dad that sailed to heaven in a boat to beg the gods to be bros

>ywn have a dad that was allowed to live after defying heaven's law just cuz he's a pretty cool guy.

>ywn have kids that live for 600 years

>ywn be the tallest, fairest, bravest, best warrior, and longest living of your race

>ywn have elf/man/maiar blood

>you will always be just an average human in the real world that has no purpose

this thread is not comfy at all, friends.

All of the huge hordes of dwarf gold were started by the 7 ringbearers, so presumably they were lost in tunnels/mines or taken by dragons.

The rings apparently didn't do much other than make them greedy and help them get more gold (it's not explained how).

>it's not explained how
It gives them +5% gold when looting, duh.

>Like Tom Bombadil (thank god)
Fuck you, the barrow-wights scene would have been GOAT.

That's exactly what he did. I'm sure he didn't plan it from the get-go, but when he saw how proud and powerful they were, he figured he could win this in other ways. That's what makes him so powerful. Tolkien himself said Sauron was potentially more powerful than Melkor due to his guile and cleverness.

The barrow-wights weren't worth listening to that faggot sing.

Some were reclaimed by Sauron, others were burned by dragon fire.
They fought in the first Alliance. The movies just left it out. During the movies they were fighting Rhun with the men of Dale. Dale was sacked and Erebor besieged

I like this one the best. John Howe understood the scale of Tolkien's creations.

JESUS CHRIST, im literally in tears laughing now.
I never got that. Fucking hell Tolkien.

lol that pic

>omg stay put, fucking faggot
>heheh got your leg again

What about his hot wife?

what does Annatar maiapussy tastes like?

Wasn't she a river spirit?

Like the fruit of the entwives

>John Howe understood the scale of Tolkien's creations.
Yeah, we can thank him for the great aesthetic of the movies.
If you have the occasion to go see some of his real paintings you should definitely go. There's a lot of stuff that he made that is impossible to find on the internet.

>Siege of Angband
>Be Elf at the front of the siege line
>This gigantic legged worm beast bursts forth abruptly
>It nearly breaks the siege by itself, and lays waste and burns everything in site
>Manage to drive it back into Angband, but it survived
>As the Elf, be immortal.. therefore maintain knowledge of this beast as time goes by
>The beast lays dormant, but you know that it could come back at any time

Though Glaurung did not reappear for hundreds of years.. the knowledge of its existence must have always been in the back of the minds of the men and elves, and very troublesome/disheartening.

It's like if there were a hundred nukes scattered around underground somewhere that could go off at any moment.

Or fuck him piece by piece?

>implying the Melcock can't take spirit form and penetrate the shadowpucci

>He just saw a chaotic world and wanted to bring order to it
And that chaos was born of his master, Melkor, who sowed its seas not long after the moment of creation. In his time, Melkor quite literally smote mountains and filled oceans just to fuck with his brothers and sisters. From the War of Wrath to his eventual defeat at the end of the Third Age, Sauron worked toward the same goal, on a lesser scale.

It wouldn't necessarily be accurate to say that the Valar gave him much of anything - he was created, with the rest of the Ainur, at the beginning of time by Iluvatar himself.

>Melkor quite literally smote mountains and filled oceans just to fuck with his brothers and sisters

What was his fucking problem?

He couldn't sing. He then tried to be an edgy blackmetal kid and ruined shit to compensate for the fact that he had no talent.

He could sing, he just sang differently. It's like if Happy Feet ended with the little penguin leading an army against his hometown.

Why didn't he just smith?

Pride, mostly. He was, in effect, the mightiest of all the Ainur, and he knew it. He sought out the Secret Fire before the universe had even been born to no avail, and when the time came for the Song of the Ainur - the Ainulindalë - and the creation of Eä, he sang whatever the hell he felt like.

Daddy told him to knock his shit off, Melkor got mad, and resolved to devote his life to ruining everything.

>Also, why was Faramir evil in the second movie?
He wasn't. Watch the EE, the Boromir scene makes his character make sense. I only wish it didn't also include those retarded "DON'T BE HASTY XD" scenes that ruined the pacing for comic relief.

This man triggers the melkor.

Mel Gibson?

He tried to smith the world.

It's called capitalism. Sauron was a visionary.

this is the result of secular humanism

to you faggots stirner rational self interest egoism or communism are the only two legitimate philosophies

you faggots are too blind

I dont understand, are you saying secular humanism is...bad? Are you by chance a christfag or moralfag?

I missed that part in economics where racial cleansing was part of capitalism. Since Sauron wanted to literally wipe out all inhabitants of Middle Earth that werent his servants

secular humanism is bad you redditor

natural law is king

Nice opinion there r/philosophy. Please go into depth as to why secular humanism is bad because you dont like it

Look at all the stuff Israel did just to try to get Palestine. Insane in comparison.

Literally, wut

>lord of the rings thread.

read

mises.org/system/tdf/thelaw.pdf?file=1&type=document

Yes we get it, you are Libertarian.

Would you answer the question? What is so bad (in your eyes) with secular humanism? As The Law isnt really a comparable fucking concept...not contextually speaking

Tom Bombadil was Satan or some other creature from the void like Shelob

I want to show these to Christopher Tolkien in the hopes that the indignation kills him and someone can finally start working on adapting the rest of Middle-Earth into something.

I liked the older versions of the Silmarillion stuff in The Book of Lost Tales where some of the valar actually preferred Melkor's way.

Tom Bombadil was evil and bound to the forest. Some say a very old evil.

>I have a Silmaril in my hand right now
This fucking guy.

Shelob wasn't from the void, her ancestor was.
>Ungolianth looked like a spider but literally ate light and shat out unlight that was somehow darker than darkness
Was Tolkien buddies with Lovecraft by any chance?

Yearly reminder that Sauron did nothing wrong

*annual* user.

He just wanted shit to run right, that's all.

>yfw Tulkas put Morgoth in the camel clutch.

Bombadil is Melkor. What other being in LOTR lore (that isn't in Valinor) would be strong enough to resist Sauron and his entire army all by himself?

This guy

>This is why he makes the three
Celebrimbor made the three in secret. Sauron never touched them.

So Fingolfin fights Morgoth with an umbrella.

Is it really genocide if it's another species entirely? In this world it'd be like overfishing or poaching.

>Teach the elves of Eregion how to make rings of power.
>Celebrimbor makes the three rings by himself.
>Sauron then goes to the next step in his master plan.
>Makes the one ring
>Puts it on.
>Elves instantly know what's up and takes theirs off foiling his scheme.

Sauron really didn't think that shit through did he.

He got nine human kings, that's pretty good.

Metal as fuck.

>Failed to get the Elves
>Gave out seven to dwarves
>Turns out they are resistant to magic and control
>All it does is turn them into super jews
>All Saruon managed to get were a bunch of c-listers

Angmar was half of the descendants of Numenor though, I think it was a decent blow.

When you out that way... poor sauron. He tried at least.

fucking nerds

Fucking neet.

What's that? No I don't want fries with that, thanks.

>Implying Samwise "Big Balls" Gamgee wouldn't have completed the mission for Mister Frodo

It should've been Bilbo and Gaffer Gamgee on that trip.

LOTR lore threads are always great

You're my big guy, Cred Forums

Comfy af senpai

Really makes you think...

The two towers always reminds me of my dad

I miss my dad

no he didn't have two dicks

So why does it remind you of him, my lad?

>he never inspected and compared cocks with his dad

Sad

For you

Damn you're right, I forgot all about that.

The elves didn't actually start using the shit out of the three until Sauron was defeated by the last alliance.

It's implied in the story tho that even if Sauron didn't make them, Celebrimbror used Sauron's techniques in their making and, through the one, would have influence over them.

That's why the elves didn't care about the outcome of the war. If Sauron was successful, he would lay waste to middle earth and force the elves to sail West. Of the ring was destroyed, then all the enchantments woven by the three would be undone and the power of the elves would wither away. So they end up leaving no matter what.

:3

It was the only lord of the rings dvd I had, I don't know why I just liked it the most. Somehow whenever I watched it my dad would appear at the same scene every time. It was when aragorn fell of the cliff and theoden would say leave the dead.

From then on my dad would constantly repeat that line to me as a joke and it never made sense but always made me laugh

Didn't Gandalf end up having one of the three rings?

So am I the only one who can enjoy the actual lore and the fake vidya lore from Shadow of Mordor?

Also thoughts on Warchief Ratbag?

Yes, the fire one - given to him by an elder elf guy (i think it was Cirdan) when he arrived at Middle Earth

I love SoM, as non-canon as it is. It's like a really fun fanfic, and the orcs and their hi-jinks never fail to entertain me.

I think that game would be more fun as an orc working your way up

>Yes, the fire one - given to him by an elder elf guy (i think it was Cirdan) when he arrived at Middle Earth
Probably he screwed Saruman at this point.

>be dirty snaga
>think you'd be a great warchief
>what do?
I can dig it.

Nothing better than putting a Orc titled "The Friendly" or "The Complainer" as a warchief.

I'd use a shit stained spear

Is it time?

>how unfortunate...for you

Wow, that pic is perfection.

My personal favorite Warchief is called The Immortal, he has a hook hand, a hook leg and a bag over his head.

thanks I made it with my own two hands

>ywn watch them fuck

Get this hothead out of here.

>tfw your own ghost ritual experiment kills off your warchiefs
>tfw you're left with that shitter Ratbag, how'd he even rank up this high?!
>tfw your Master Sauron prefers the Mouth over you
>tfw there are no evil women in Mordor to make your waifu
>tfw it smells like Orc shit everywhere you go
>tfw your crotch itches but you can't scratch it in full plate
>tfw goddamn morgai fly nests everywhere and no Orcs clear them out

Could be worse, he could be The Tower and have to eat fish every day.

>Me right now lads

I wish it was actually raining

But it's raining fucking idiot

moddb.com/mods/the-last-days

oi mr gandalf can you do somethin bout this dleuge

It's raining, and it will continue to rain until the rain is done.

Ywn see the sacking of gondolin in imax

It would just be full of Legolas doing impossible shit to CGI mooks anyway.

Ywn see ungoliant in her full glory

youtube.com/watch?v=aNHK565cVe8

Good thing he wasn't even born then

thank god

So Morgoth had to have made her right? Otherwise wouldn't that imply Eru created this abomination that was powerful enough to cripple Morgoth?

Not the Legolas we know, but there was A Legolas fighting during the fall of Gondolin.
No, she wasn't made by any of them, it said she came from the outer darkness.

No one knows. But the widely accepted theory is that she was created during the discord that melkors song caused

Are the books worth reading? Kinda keen to get into them

>Are the books worth reading?
naw

I've read Lord of the Rings 8 times. Yes they're worth reading.
1. Read The Hobbit
2. Read LotR
3. Read Silmarillion
4. Read Children of Hurin
5. Read The History of Middle-Earth

Ecthelion wouldn't be a faggot. They just need a good casting

Yes God dammit

Do you have a high tolerance for scenery descriptions? Year back I put down the book because the plot moved too slowly for my taste. Stopped a little after Tom Bombadil meeting Frodo.

>giving up during the worst part of the all the books
I know how you feel, but I'm still disappointed in you.

What you need to understand about Middle-Earth is that the complete novels are the least interesting stuff Tolkien had planned out. All the really interesting and properly epic stuff is found in unfinished manuscripts and notes and shit. If you don't have the will to read through hundreds of pages of annotated stuff that isn't even meant to be read as prose, you're going to miss out on so much.

>Do you have a high tolerance for scenery descriptions?

I keep hearing this thrown out as a criticism but it's not even that prevalent withing the narrative

No, it's pretty boring. Descriptions of trees, descriptions of stew, descriptions of mountains, the characters don't have any personalities. Jackson (and John Howe) actually really enhanced the material.

Joking. Read it and Silmarillion.

It doesn't help that there is a big chunk early on of Frodo's hobbit crew just in a forest with no active antagonists for the reader to be concerned about.

I think at this time the Black Riders have started searching, but they're nowhere near Frodo's group at this time.

Hell at least in The Hobbit, the forest the group goes through is malevolent with trees that can make you lose your sense of direction, darkness, massive spiders and asshole wood Elves.

That lean though
>toptenanimebattles.jpg

like Umbar, the dark lands and the Uttermost East

The New Shadow Trilogy by Del Toro when??

Speaking of that, who here would have actually enjoyed reading what The New Shadow would have been about?

I played the Fourth Age mod for Rome Total War which is loosely based around this story. I like the idea it set up that a civil war would break out and you'd get an evil Gondorian faction that start recruiting Orcs and has an evil Palpatine figure mentoring him. Meanwhile Harad sets up plans to invade the Reunited Kingdom.

Tell me more.

Yeah the first chapter of lotr is incredibly hard to get through i dropped it and then picked it up and forced myself through it.

Years later and several reads after and it's my favourite chapter desu

The Old Forest did the same thing as Mirkwood in that it made them get lost and that one tree was going to kill them all until Bombadillo came skipping along singing a gay little tune.

>they just wanted to smoke weed and paw some hobbetits

I hope you mean gay as in happy user

Well yes.

thefourthage.wikidot.com/overview

Adûnabâr is the name for the kingdom that splits off from the Reunited Kingdom. The plot at the start of the game is the brother of the King of the Reunited Kingdom falls sway to the Shadow Cult and creates a revolt in the Mordor territories. The rise of this new evil brings back some Orc tribes to serve under this new leader.

In game you can actually convert Adûnabâr back to good, but you lose the ability to recruit orcs, trolls and Shadow cultists.

LotR was filmed 17 years ago

I like the barrow wight episode too.

So this somehow relates to the plans Tolkien had about the sequel where Elessar and Eomer fought the Morgoth cultists?
STANDING
ON THE EDGE
OF
THE UNDERWORLD
LOOKING AT THE ABYSS

It's a game that expands that idea to "What if the cultists converted a member of Elessar's bloodline and sparked a civil war"

>you will never read the LotR for the first time during middle school
>you will never watch the Fellowship of the Ring for the first time at christmas with your gf

Thoughts on the animated versions?

Yes...

But what about the Orcs? Did honorable King Elessar order his Gondorian knights to raid Orc villages and kill innocent Orc children after the war?

>Individual responsible for the downfall of Numenor
>Nothing wrong

But they're orcs so it's okay.

>Eyys a gud boi, dindu nuffin. Jus ned moar meats frum dem programs

Fuck why is that worst feel I've ever had?

Yes, as should have been done to all the fucking Tardaryans after they were beaten.

His is the Witch-King. He has power over the creatures in the forest because he ordered them to go there.

That makes no sense
Are you talking about the Witch-king of Angmar?

the other one

flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/bombadil.htm

Bump

I see what you did there

I wouldn't want to go anywhere either if I woke up to that everyday

Will Sauron ever make a come back since he's immortal?

Isn't Melkor/Morgoth suppose to be inspired by Lucifer/Satan ? they both rebel against their father and fuck shit up. They both become the paragons of evil in their respective works of fiction and they both make some nasty shit.

You're fucking baiting people now, if you think LotR of all things has a lazy setup, I'd suggest re-reading the Silmarillion and then promptly killing yourself.

Dude this nigger is a classic millennial. Disregard his shit opinion.

of course he is, retard

I'm reading them for the first time now. The books really drag though. Aragorn doesn't show up till like 200pages in.

They used them before sauron revealed himself and his devices. Sauron was in disguise when he approached the elves and based cirdan was the only one who smelled something fishy.

If I like how Lovecraft describes architecture for pages on end will I like Tolkien?
I had read the first book up until I think the point where they move on from Tom Bombadil (not because of him, just got distracted) but I cant remember much about the style.

How do I get the full experience? Is there a version of the books with annotations on the side or do I have to gather it all together manually?

>It doesn't help that there is a big chunk early on of Frodo's hobbit crew just in a forest with no active antagonists for the reader to be concerned about.
The black riders are chasing them while they're still in the shire. The ring wraith is at bag end when frodo and sam leave. They're chased into farmer maggot's field and then barely get away at the ferry. Then fatty bolger gets attacked at crickhollow.

Once they get into the old forest the forest itself becomes the threat till the bump into tom.

>If I like how Lovecraft describes architecture for pages on end will I like Tolkien?
Tolkien writing is more about landscapes, old pathways and mountains, he's pretty thin about architecture (his cities always feel empty for me).

Listen to this excerpt from the audiobook and then decide if it sounds good.

vocaroo.com/i/s1UsLsVtRZKs