Anybody here an actor?

How do you find work? Do you have an agent? Do you recommend an agent?

>Implying half the posters on this board aren't incognito celebrity actors
First day here kid?

Well then it would make sense to ask this question here now wouldn't it.

This, I have two oscars.

Ask me anything.

lol holy shit that guy looks like bruce wayne, is he a stunt double

Who are you?

I'm going to give you some actual fucking advice on this stupid board even though you definitely don't deserve it.

Get into peak physical shape. Bare minimum. For almost all men this means swole. For everyone this means carrying yourself with control and meaningful body movements. Acting 101 + lifting shit.

Then: Get a commercial agent. You can do this solely off your looks. Do advertisements, catalogs, whatever. Don't worry about your image at this point. Pretty much every celeb did ten years minimum of stupid shit if not already rich.

Once you have a decent commercial resumé and you can hold your own on a shoot, pony up cash for a good reel geared toward the type of work you want to do. Find a good videographer who will cut you a deal. Walk this into a bunch of agencies and eventually someone will sign you off your reel.

Work on absolutely anything for a few years, jumping to bigger agencies when you can. Make friends at gigs. Make friends with clients and directors and fucking everyone. Email them once or twice a year each and stay on their minds. Buy them wine on their birthdays and shit and maybe they will hire you when they get something big.

If you make it through this, you might finally be able to hit critical mass and break out into the mainstream. Of my friends who are 'full time working actors,' 95% rest comfortably here, working small roles a few times a week, until they age out of the industry. The last 5% take off, going to huge events and hanging out with Leo and shit. If you get there, let me know how it works. Until then, break a leg.

t. 'working actor'

I am not who you think I am.

I always got told I was a good actor, buf never thought about going out of local theatre. I'm not apposed to it though. Can you break in the industry even if it's not your soul passion?

cool. Well I dunno what to ask you, I don't really think of celebrities as any different than normal people. Do you wear high end fashion, like Gentle Monster?

how much dick did you have to suck

Brendan Fraser here ask me anything.

what about making your own stuff and starring in it? Or finding other non famous directors and acting for their films?

no u

Im gunna have my own YouTube thing cause I can do this pretty funny ass spiel thing (makes me laugh at least) how do I get this piece of shit off the ground and get people to give me patreon bucks - for the record I say I am doing it as art and for art sakes and that's how I feel about it legitely -but I need some cash too- also probably to shy and fucking weird to be an "actor" although it would be chill because I'm pretty good looking

fu?

>how much dick did you have to suck
about 20. Was worth it though.

Doesn't sound worth it

it isnt so bad after the first 2.

It can even be fun.

You can time yourself if you can get this fat producer to cum faster than the previous one. Bring a stopwatch and time yourself, its fun.

You sound gay

I am Dane DeHaan

not having two academy awards is gay

Yes

I literally suck dicks

are you old?
I like to imagine old celebrity oscar winners baneposting on Cred Forums

Ignore this.
Heres some better advice.
Have a parent who is already famous and jewish

>Do you recommend an agent?
Eventually, for sure. But get some money and a relatively known name in the business first.
Sean Penn

I want to be the next Orson Wells or Christian bale. What do?

>Work on absolutely anything for a few years, jumping to bigger agencies when you can. Make friends at gigs. Make friends with clients and directors and fucking everyone.
>Then: Get a commercial agent. You can do this solely off your looks. Do advertisements, catalogs, whatever. Don't worry about your image at this point. Pretty much every celeb did ten years minimum of stupid shit if not already rich.
This is the best advice. Do whatever comes your way, it actually becomes really fun (if you actually enjoy acting).
>Get into peak physical shape. Bare minimum. For almost all men this means swole. For everyone this means carrying yourself with control and meaningful body movements. Acting 101 + lifting shit.
Oh good God, this too. You have no idea how many fucking slobs there are who are decent at acting but give shit all towards their appearance let alone their physique.

Fairly sure Duncan Casey, Oliver Harper and Richard Jackson post on here.

Audition like there's no tomorrow.
>Can you break in the industry even if it's not your soul passion?
I would say: no. The way you make it is that it becomes an obsession and really fun to do. It almost has to be on your mind all the time. I am always thinking about movies, so that's how I push forward.
Doesn't hurt to try though, if you're financially stable for the most part.

I know for a fact that Kevin Spacey also posts here.

And Obama.

>I know for a fact that Kevin Spacey also posts here.
Proof please.

Fellating old jewish men.

This is some decent advice. What stuff have you starred in user?

see

>Doesn't hurt to try though, if you're financially stable for the most part.
I'm really not, and my family's got a lot of dirt on them. I don't really think an abuse victim would make it anywhere as an actress, that doesn't look good. I'll figure something else out then, thanks anyway. Also, how do you hide your meme levels?

You're okay Spacey, you should aim for some more high brow roles. You really having nothing of note for the past decade

>you should aim for some more high brow roles.
too busy getting fucking high end male prostitutes

Why haven't any of you fags fucked Sudiekis yet?

I did drama in high school, AMA.

>Also, how do you hide your meme levels?
What does this mean?
What is your current job?

How do you hide the fact that on the inside, you are a mean meme queen?

Oh, just embrace it. But don't be a prick about it.

I was talking about you skrub

That's what I do.

You where directing your speech at me though, not yourself. Well, what's it like having money? I always wonder what people who have money spend it on. Do you feel happy with your life? Have you had dysfunctional family issues? How much pedophilia actually occurs in that business?

*were
That's karma for me

I have no family issues, none are deep in the business like me. Having money is nice I don't have a HUGE amount and could probably retire, but I love working. I love my life because I love movies and acting. I love going to premiers and dressing up too. Movies are on my mind 24/7.
I know of now pedophilia that occurs around me. I'm not THAT deep in the business. If you're really interested in pedophilia cover up, look at the Royals over in the UK. Jerry Savile and that whole market is easy to see for what it really is.

Well then I'm sure I wouldn't make it as an actress. Don't get me wrong, I love acting and get told I belong on there,but I don't pay attention to celebrities and movies and directors, all that fancy jazz. I'm glad you enjoy it, though. Do you wear high end brands? What are your favorites? About the pedophilia stuff, that's really disappointing. Why can't people do anything about it?

High end brands, all the time! I used to shop at places like Goodwill or thrift stores, but having money I just get expensive stuff. Tbh, I still sneak into thrift stores for clothes. I also LOVE hair products and take good care of my face. I'm big on anything from Nordstrom.
I stopped researching the whole pedophile thing because it is disgusting and it seriously makes me ill reading about it. You'd think those rings would be in Hollywood, but thankfully I see no indication of it.

Your life sounds lovely. What would you say is the hardest thing for you right now?

i am paul dano

Are you JJL?

Thanks for supporting the site Paul Dano!

>since 2012

classic

No Colin your dad Tom has two oscars. You are just his shadow.

My uncle is a former actor who punched Jennifer Connelly in 1986.

This is legitimate good advice.

Are there any celebs who browse here?

Edward Norton can be a dickhead sometimes but nonetheless watching him act is amazing. Keanu is one of the best people I've worked with.

Agents are hard to recommend, if they like you normally they will do a better job than someone who doesn't, so feel around in the dark until someone wants to help you out.

In all honesty, i've been in the business for about 20 years, and its the hardest job i have ever had, including taking care of my children

But with that comes tons of perks, but i had to fight, and claw for every role i got until i was noticed in Hollywood.

Once you get there, everything is actually super easy, and for the most part life is super lush until you get a job.

That is the hard part, when you get a gig, you can be away from your family, for almost half a year or more, your voice hurts, pretty much your entire body is strained.

Who are these guys?