Now that the settle has dusted, can we agree that Trump won the debate?

Now that the settle has dusted, can we agree that Trump won the debate?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NBCNews/status/785299709342654465/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-man-killed-arizona-cried-begged-life-article-1.2582759
ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html
election.princeton.edu/history-of-meta-analysis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you think a fucking child complaining about being asked to stay on topic is winning

He went for cheap bullshit, never once stated a policy goal clearly and opened every answer with blaming Hillary

Honestly, I feel if you were an undecided, these debates, while bringing in some good sound bytes and a few memes, wouldn't been enough to sway you. Most of that stuff comes from outside the debates.

>"Secretary Clinton, why did your emails say you lie about your actual positions"
>"I love Abraham Lincoln and also Le Putin is evil"

He might have won in that he didn't lose. But he didn't change the trajectory of the race. It's unlikely that he will win the election.

>I want a KGB Puppet for a president.

Nice Manchurian candidate you have there, family. I bet Putin wants America to do well. :^)

I didn't say Hillary was the winner. She was certainly worse than the first debate, or at least more often caught on her heels. Its just that Trump is a fucking joke and anyone who thinks cheap bullshit like "You'd be in jail :-P" is winning a debate deserves the intense hellscape that would be Trump's America

i went in thinking his weird sexual remarks had lost him but i think he did well in this debate and there may still be hope. attacking hillary and shining more light on her faults is his best option at this point.

Keep up the delusions until november!

Yeah, the first question he goes on a tangent about ISIS, like dude, answer the fucking question about your comments on women.

Trump got some zingers in, but by and large his answers were rambling incoherent messes. Look at the transcript and try reading his responses aloud. He also deflected on the tape by ranting about ISIS which did him no favors with the women vote that he really needs to shore up to close the gap. He also had to argue with the moderators because he was getting so far off track on the questions, they had to repeat the question because he came nowhere near the answer.

FUCKING DRUMPFPOSTERS HILLARY WON ALL THE POLLS ON THE MAJOR NEWS NETWORKS SO GIVE UP ALREADY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trump's tactics get noticeably worse when addressed directly and he can't spin shit on a late night talk show or on twitter when no one can fucking respond

He keeps trying to make sound bites that make him sound right if the conversation were to end right there instead of engaging in an actual debate

Rabbit won

That's the insanity of Trump. Say anything you want and then the second you're called out, say literally anything else so that you're constituents can plug their ears and keep pretending you're fit to lead a nation of millions.

At this point he's had so many insane gaffes that his campaign is like an experiment in how fucked up the GOP can get before it outright implodes.

Trump won the debate. Hillary already won the war.

He played very well to his base with all of those counter-punch remarks, but probably further dug himself into a hole with women voters and undecided voters. The tough-man persona is super popular with his supporters, and toxic to undecided voters.

Not gonna lie, former Hillary voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Hillary crash and burn.. But in all seriousness we can't let this woman get the nuclear codes........

>crash and burn

what

you're not paid to read CTR, back to work

Her and her rapist husband were absolutely blown the fuck out tonight and it was a resounding win, numb nuts.

>But in all seriousness we can't let a woman get the nuclear codes........
Racist.

>trump made the audience laugh!
>that means he won right?

look at this shilling holy shit.

>I want to pick a fight with Russia, and start a new Cold War
Neocon pls go.

KEK

Donald trump only exists for controversy, and controversy is big money for media.

America politics is like reality tv now, a circus; shows how sad america has become, weaker and weaker, same with Europe, so weak now what is happening, only Russia strong.

Cred Forums is a Christian image board that supports Donald Trump. CTR is so prevalent on blue boards.

Is Russia strong? Thought it was controlled by Jews like every other country.

I WISH THAT I COULD TURN BACK THE TIME

That line made her mad though. Was kek.

>people sincerely think that having the best bantz means someone won the debate
America deserves whatever it gets tbqh

>Cred Forums
>any religion besides misanthropy

heh nice try kid

hush ya fuckin gob ye wee wanker, Hillary is the greatest gift to grace God's green Gearth and there's nothing you can expose that will ever change that, blessed be she in the glorious name of Muhammad

Yes, yes it does.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't like Trump, I think his policies are weak and ineffective and won't work in reality, and I am seriously concerned with his plans for the SCotUS.

But anyone who thinks that people give a shit about policy with these elections is deluded. People don't vote based on policy, people barely pay attention to policy. What people respond to is charisma and power, and making the audience laugh is a sure winner.

>debates haven't always been epic bantz-offs

Go back and watch the Lincoln debates man

>"bag daddy"

So I am no expert in American politics or law, but isn't saying that you'd put someone in jail if you were president pretty undemocratic?
Not to mention it doesn't seem to be doable at all if you'd live in a first world country.

Yeah, that's totally it. But also her with her remarks on Cyber Security last debate, like, give me a break you have thousands of classified emails in an unsecured server, of course there was break ins.

It was controlled by Jews. The Putin came in and took control of them and now pretty much uses them and keeps them in check. I think.

I'm sure it did. The thing is- have enough people decided that the best course of action for leader of the united states is a dude committed to trolling the fuck out of the country?

We had Bush enacting war crimes as a shadow puppet for almost a decade and now we want someone even less qualified as the defacto shithead just because social progressives have become a little vocal. Insanity

it is if the person you're putting in jail is part of the Clinton crime family

Hes putting her in jail because she broke the law, not because shes running against him

t. Carl the Cuck

>break law constantly
>never get busted because youre buddies with big government officials
>New president who isn't your friend makes sure you get treated fairly under the law, like all American citizens should

>Implying Cred Forums isn't full of Cred Forumsfag Protestants

shill plz

Yeah but the president of a country doesn't really have a say if someone gets put into jail or not. Judges usually do that.

>it never rose again since july

kek. the butthurt this november will be hilarious. i'll be screencapping Cred Forums so much

I wouldn't say that Hillary won the debate, but Trump didn't win it either.

All he did was pander to his base (which already loves him). This doesn't accomplish anything though. He's not polling well enough to even come close to winning the election with just the people that already love him.

He isn't going to win the election by hitting Hillary with douchebaggy zingers. He needs something to actually convince undecideds to vote for him and he really needed to take more responsibility for the shit he said to keep women from moving away from him. Anyone who is at least 30 and has experienced a few elections will understand what I'm talking about here.

Unless you already have a decent lead, you cannot win an election by simply saying things that people who already love you want to hear.

>Pic
Is that real?!

>implying Cred Forums isn't stormfront jr. and blatant ctr style right wing transplants

how david duke's dick taste

.25 cents has been deposited ;)

Yeah, like, he doesn't explain his plans for issues. like the first debate when he talked about law and order, what the fuck did that even mean? Then he ends by saying MAGA and accusing people who call him out for it idiots.

Holy shit, I'm concerned about Cred Forums guys, are they doing ok?

cool, cool

This is what I've said since the beginning about Trump and his supporters. He isn't winning anyone over that wasn't going to already vote for him. All of the "Look at this video of black Trump supporters" shit in the world isn't going to shift the black base, for example. It's shit like policies.

The best part about those black supporter examples is nearby you'll see someone just throwing out shit about niggers. So whatever PR or good feelings you were hoping to send out are just immediately undone.

This shit's going to be like a mix between Ron Paul/Mitt Romney crashing. Cred Forums has never been BTFO this hard.

I legit like Trump.

He is invited and loved across the world before even becoming president.

I would Legit like to see Hillary go to Jail to.

>Implying you aren't an unpaid ADL intern

good goy

>the candidate I'm in favor for won the debate
>I'M NOT BEING BIASED
I just want this bullshit to be over with. Fuck America ruining the internet for the rest of us.

The candidates on foreign policy:

HILLARY:
>The Russian support for the Assad regime is dangerous and harmful to many Syrians. If Aleppo is destroyed, I will still not support putting American ground troops on the field. One option is to arm Kurds who have been a great ally against ISIS.

TRUMP:
>Uh well I think that we shouldn't tell people before we're going to attack a city and all of the generals who know established war strategies and rules are idiots

Could they be any more salty?

This really was a 3v1 and Trump came out on top the absolute madman

with complete sincerity, the law and order shit was just more coded speech for his base that all want to hear him push the idea that we don't need to unite the country or heal the strained racial divides, we just need to keep putting assault rifles in the hands of cops. Trump knows his base is largely white dudes who don't care why there are riots just that the riots could eventually come to their door.

Let's just maintain "law and order" and ignore that at some point in the near future cops will be so militarized they'll make Egyptian military style coups completely plausible threats.

This image can't be real

it doesnt matter. it literally doesnt matter what he does because half the country will vote for him.

actual performance doesnt matter, he coud slap a reporters ass on live television, call people chinks, wetbacks and niggers live, threaten to kill people, it just won't matter, because no matter what, at least 40% of the country will vote for their party and him.

It just can' be...

Oh, it is.

twitter.com/NBCNews/status/785299709342654465/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

We invented the internet, you can get the fuck off it and go back to whatever Euro-poor shit-shed you crawled out of, fuckface.

And how is he going to achieve that?
Because as far as I am aware of, there is no democratic country where the president determines how and who gets persecuted. The only countries where something like that can happen are mostly dictatorships or in the least very very close to one.

>implying anyone on Cred Forums isn't neet

do you even know where you're at? of course not, because you're supposed to be on Cred Forums

>40%

>persecute
There are already many people he suggested as AG who vocally stated they would to prosecute her.

I don't really like either candidate, but at least Clinton had specific answers to the questions while Trump just vomited rhetoric. He had some good zingers, but so many of his statements were obvious lies (check out the sex tape/never said that) or previously debunked that he never sounded very credible imo.

>it literally doesnt matter what he does because half the country will vote for him
The debate isn't there to win over half of the country. It's there to win over the like 5-10% undecided voters who would actually vote. Those voters actually care a lot about what is said in the debates.

No, but the president does appoint Attorney Generals/FBI Directors who might actually enforce the law.

>Implying your computer is even turned on
>Implying you aren't in a coma

get a load of this guy

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM

>tfw when everything about my country is based around bants

there are riots because the media and the rest of the libtards encourage niggers to riot, dismantling the mainstream media and exposing its blatant biases for the world to see is a huge step in the right direction, the step after that is

wait

here it comes
don't let the niggers riot over trivial bullshit anymore, wowie

nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-man-killed-arizona-cried-begged-life-article-1.2582759

I really, truly am not able to predict how Cred Forums will react when he loses. I dont think the 2012 meltdown will even compare, Romney didnt have a cult following like Trump does

Wow, so much buthurt and all it took was 10 min..

I think this is a Trolling record!

Bill Clinton is a Rapist lol...

Call me a giant fucking nitpicking faggot but don't the judges actually determine who goes to prison? Granted, the AGs are in charge of building the case but in the end, the judge determines what will happen.
And aren't the judges in the supreme court there for lifetime? So Trump won't be able to do shit against if they claim Hillary is not guilty. And I somehow doubt this matter won't be discussed by the highest court in the USA if it comes to that.

It'll probably just be flooded by the other boards for hours

Whats funny is that the only response people have to the state polls now is:
>state
>going blue

as if their greentext carries any weight.

He knows that he has no case on her so all he can do is make baseless claims like that. What she did is shady as hell, but you can't convict someone in America, particularly in a federal court, on nothing but "this looks bad". They'd need tangible evidence and shit and they have none.

He isn't going to win so its a pointless question.

weird how that isn't plastered all over every news network across the country, it's almost like there's a bias or something

>Brailsford was charged with second-degree murder and fired from the department.
crazy how that works right, he didn't even get away with it but we should riot anyway guys 'cause muh oppression

you linking an article does literally nothing, you're not proving a point

>trips

>I really, truly am not able to predict how Cred Forums will react when he loses

Wouldn't it just be hilarious if she lost?

Despite her enormous connections, obvious government bias with the president himself campaigning for her, and nearly every major news network giving her the benefit of the doubt for securing undecided states, wouldn't it just be absolutely fucking hilarious if she lost?

And she will ;)

10 min later me as a Trump Supporter I have a Massive grin on m face this whole time.

Misanthropy isn't a religion you fucking retard.

I'm sick and when you're sick, you see through a lot of bullshit because moving hurts.

And holy fuck, how is Trump still in the race? It's like we're all trolling for the biggest laugh and we're gambling america's existence in the process. what the fuck.

Weird how a white guy killed in broad daylight by a cop results in a successful murder charge. It's almost like there's a bias or something

Hope we can keep blaming blacks for being killed on the streets by cops long enough to get RPGs into ever police station across the country. Remember, any uprising deserves swift and sudden putting down. Extreme prejudice just means law and order is being effectively carried out.

Fuck yeah, I love it. The tape actually ended up in his favor.

Does anyone else get a kick out of just watching hillaries face? She tries so hard to put on but you can see the frustration and anger in her eyes whenever trump said something she didn't like. And she even started stuttering and slipping up.

Even my normie gf said she looks like a sociopath.

>why don't you want to become a muslim shithole goys

Only because Kek saith

America was never great

We all believed a lie

Goodbye user

I guess he won. He's politically retarded though so I give him the handicapped win. He just doesn't understand that there are certain things that you say to wall street bankers that you don't say to the plebs. Only career politicians get the nuance of the game. I will vote for him just to say fuck off to these political and media assholes because I can. I don't really care what happens after that. I will probably just stop paying attention for 4 years again and hopefully my fucking taxes will be lowered and I wont have to hear these whiny political faggots when I'm trying to watch the FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME.

It was. Nobody talked about USA.
Pay attention to details next time.

That dopey bitch actually compared herself to ABRUHAM LINK-UN

What the fuck was she thinking

I'm not American, Trump did way stronger than the first time and Hillary looked quite bad at a couple of points.

They opened with what I agree was a 3 v 1 busting his balls about the tape until he actually confronted them on this, after which point the moderators were pretty good. The woman was clearly getting too invested and trying to directly challenge Trump though.

He likes to segue into his MAGA I'll kill ISIS stuff but when challenged he actually does address the challenge first. He gave a definite 'yes I said that but it's lockerroom talk, not serious. I respect women.' Whenever Hillary was challenged she always stepped around the issue and went on about how much she loved children as shown by her early legal career. She seems to talk about that every 5 minutes. Her responses always feel extremely canned and inflexible while Trump can kind of run with what's going on and get somewhat stupid but very powerful riffing in.

Calling her out on associating with billionaires was a great move, and she came the closest I've heard to anybody being booed during these things when after the emails were brought up she opened with her usual 'now that's a lie.' People just know that's not true.

And policy wise I don't think either of them strongly elaborated on their positions but Clinton is much better at making herself sound like she's giving you something of substance.

and of course a fucking fly landed on Hillary's face while she was speaking, in sharp contrast to the small bird which landed on Bernie Sanders' podium when he was speaking. If that's not proof that democracy is broken I don't know what is.

If you're going to label Bush a "shadow puppet", I wonder what you'd label Hillary.

Oh hell this is Cred Forums haha

P.S.
Bill Clinton is a Rapist,,, Im holding it in,

This poster is my spirit animal

Fuck this country. Smedley Butler in fucking 1935 realized the fucking monster it was becoming and tried to warn us. A medal of honor marine called out the government for the soulless husk it was turning into and the government has done all it can to forget him.

ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

She didn't, though. She said that the comments being referenced were when she was discussing Lincoln and how he kept his emancipation agenda private and pushed the public agenda of preserving the union.

But you probably know that, or you're just a fucking idiot.

Bump

what did he mean by this

I did know that.
Citing Lincoln was a dumb fucking move.

HONEST ABE

What is the "best" way to determine who wins a debate?

PBS had this debate series (Intelligence Squared?). They would present the audience the debate topic (creation vs evolution). And the audience would vote if they were for the position given, against, or undecided. After the debate was over, they would vote again. The winner was the side that saw the greatest change...which meant the side with the greatest number of votes didn't always win. Not sure if that would translate well to the presidential debates.

>answer the fucking question about your comments on women.

Yeah, dude, that's a super important question!

That I want to suck that cute girls cock, obviously, you dumb faggot.

Tell me what policies Hillary talked about that weren't just things attacking Trump and playing the empathy card for minorities. She doesn't care about you. She only wants the old machine to keep working in her favor.

It is a dumb move because the electorate is stupid.
You have to use simple words. No indirection or references to history.

You think Trump doesn't want that same machine to keep paying out to him in tax loopholes and decreased regulation? Holy shit

>muh degeneracy we must stop the left from destroying our values

Why is there such a large number of Cred Forums cross posters?

Trump obviously won even though he was the worse debater. In a week all people are going to remember is Trump's Jail quote, a fly landing on Hillary's face, and her bullshit answer about Abe Lincoln.

He is still going to lose. Enjoy your band-aid.

election.princeton.edu/history-of-meta-analysis/

America is already a hellscape dude, the rest of the world is just worse. Nice try.
Where are all these shills coming from out of nowhere?

I suspect that he wanted somebody to post a dick pic so that he could see some feminine coq

Going off of who was won over sounds like an okay criteria but that probably says more about your audience than your speaker.

In high school we had three criteria
>form
>manner
>matter
or something like that. The gist of it is 'did they speak well?,' 'Did they make good points?' and 'were the arguments well structured?'

I'd say based on these Trump won. His interruptions normally wouldn't be great but I actually think they worked for him. I saw genuine bias early in the debate and directly challenging the moderators made him look quote strong.

For matter both of them were just kind of going on about how great they were, but a challenge left hanging against you is more or less considered a conceded point and say what you will about Trump's controversies, but he faces them. Whenever controversy is directed at Clinton she either steps around it or offers some weak nonsense like 'the russian hackers are hacking our hacks with their hacks because Trump is Putin's sleeper agent.'

I'd say that if this debate were formal and scored Hillary would obviously win by a fucking landslide because the entire system is clearly on her side.

so you can say Trump won bigly?

That is exactly how you win a debate though. Facts don't matter as much as zingers and getting the crowd on your side. If you make your opponent look like a bitch then you win. It can also backfire and make you look like a desperate bully if you get too aggressive but that wasn't the case this time.

t. college debate team nerd

If you actually cared about a political outcome you'd see how pointless it is to talk about people's feelings and candidate's personal lives. The left is desperate to play as dirty as they can because they don't know how to deal with a person that will actually call them on the carpet and expose their old workings. If you want to vote Hillary because you think she cares about anything other than herself, you'd wish you didn't.

I don't understand how people can hear this moron spout "big league" over and over and still want him in office.

you libshits are beginning to sound as paranoid as the neocons who supported Bush invading Iraq.

What did the betting markets mean with this?

College debate is fucking horrid though. My dad used to do it back in his days and he's always talking about how much a travesty it currently is. I see his old tapes compared to new shit and the difference is insane.

>The left is desperate to play as dirty as they can

wait, what was Trump parading out those four women with unsubstantiated claims of sexual abuse? just curious

>american """politics"""

Betfags have gotten extremely unlucky the past year.
I can't trust a single market after the travesty this year was.

Not even mass media holds real debates. There is no such thing as a formal debate in America anymore. The media operates only on bias. The system is engrained and there is no such thing as impartiality. All the highest tier journos fuckin read off a script handed to them, and even when they don't, they inject their opinions into everything which is a fucking late-term abortion of what journalism should be.

It would take pretty fucking colossal balls to call out the former president on sexual abuse based on absolutely nothing.

And sexual abuse is serious, as is covering it up with extortion. If that's true it's absolutely proof that Clinton isn't fit to be president.

Offhand comments which are clearly just guy-talk made years ago are not serious and are not proof of anything other than that the people bringing it up are desperate for dirt and willing to pry stupidly hard to get it.

shillary will completely BTFO drumpf

screencap this

Campaign finance reform

>In a week all people are going to remember is Trump's Jail quote, a fly landing on Hillary's face, and her bullshit answer about Abe Lincoln.

exactly, it's almost like midway through the debate trump realized that it's just a game of two clowns trying to make the strongest lasting impression on a nation of people who, on average, have the human equivalent short-term memory of a fucking fish

i wish more voters realized that they're basically watching a live television show with only two actors playing a very specific role, because save for reagan and trump (maybe i'm forgetting someone) that's pretty much all this shit is; a couple of clowns putting on a show for an audience to get the nation's highest honor for best actor: potus

>see obama pretending to be christian and slipping up in a CBS interview and saying he was of muslim faith, to which john roberts (?) quickly had to remind him of his role as a christian president

not that it matters though, none of you are going to get what you want when these nitwits are elected, neither has a fucking clue what they're doing and are equally retarded, just in different areas

none of the candidates this year would have been qualified to clean the bathrooms at my local mcdonald's, let alone run a country SCREENCAP THIS POST LMAO U WILL SEE I AM RITE N 2017 AND ALL THE CHAOS THAT FOLLOWS

>inb4 "but that's what i want"

so do i, but it won't be like your stupid video game fantasies and you'll probably end up killing yourselves to escape the madness

just turning on the news is enough to drive a man off the deep end these days, it's one thing aftiFGSUO:FGVBd:IOHNGVFBIO:Hd'jBOHJ"J select all images with grass

Telling people that celebrity means you can go around grabbing pussies barely constitutes guy talk. It constitutes a sociopathy where your ability to impress people with your power means they become your playthings. A fucking 50 year old saying this on camera to a random fucking entertainment report is tantamount to Trump telling the world he's invincible.

Give me a reason why you don't think Bill was an out of control philanderer. I liked him when he was president because he kept a cap on some of the bad shit and we were doing well as a country. But you know as well as any other thinking person that he was up to some fucked up sex shit across the board, many elites usually are. The times have changed too much for Hillary to be Bill 2 and return us to when he was president.

He's out, and now there's only her, and they're both decrepit old corrupt shills that will suck anyone's cock for money, they don't care about you, they would rather see you dead than have a wrench thrown in their kike machine that keeps them living plush.

It doesn't take balls to peddle conspiracies against the president. Trump has been doing it for years

Not gonna lie, former Hillary voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Hillary crash and burn.. But in all seriousness we can't let this woman get the nuclear codes.

All celebrity's (and politicians are celebrities) are either completely emotionally broken or sociopaths. That's just something we should all take for granted.

Being one of many people saying Obama wasn't born in America, a technical detail, is one thing. Coming forward as an individual and a nobody and saying 'the former president sexually assaulted me and the first lady covered it up' is on a whole other level.

And did anybody else see Bill's face when this stuff was brought up.He looked quite shaken. Of course innocent until proven guilty but it doesn't look good.

Trump won

Some quick reactions:

>1. When the Access Hollywood tape came up, Trump dismissed it as locker room banter that he regrets. You expected that part. The persuasion move was that he quickly contrasted that “small” issue with images of ISIS beheadings, and cage-drownings. It was a high ground maneuver, a powerful visual anchor (like the Rosie O’Donnell move from his first primary debate), and a contrast play. In this framing, Trump cares about saving your life while Clinton cares about your choice of words. I realize the issue is Trump’s alleged deeds, not his words. But in terms of debate persuasion, Trump nailed it hard.

>2. Clinton’s body language was defensive. Trump is physically larger and prowled the stage. He won the optics. It only got worse when a fly landed on Clinton’s face mid-answer. Both candidates looked perfect in terms of wardrobe and hair, given what they have to work with.

>3. Trump threw in enough random details about Syria to persuade viewers that he knows more than they thought he knew. And he did a great job selling the idea that he knows more than the generals (as ridiculous as that sounds), at least in terms of not announcing where we plan to attack. I agree with the moderator who said there might be good reasons for announcing attacks – such as giving time for civilians to leave – but it wasn’t quite a counter-argument. Trump succeeded in looking informed on Syria, and at the same time reinforced the “can’t keep a secret” theme for Clinton.

>4. Trump’s pre-debate show with Bill’s alleged victims dismantled Clinton’s pro-woman high ground before the debate even started. I didn’t see the pre-debate show, but I assume it was impactful. It had to be. Clinton looked shaken from the start.

(cont).

>5. The best quotable moments from the debate are pro-Trump. His comment about putting Clinton in jail has that marvelous visual persuasion quality about it, and it was the laugh of the night, which means it will be repeated endlessly. He also looked like he meant it.
Clinton’s Abe Lincoln defense for two-faced politicking failed as hard as anything can fail. Mrs. Clinton, I knew Abe Lincoln, and you’re no Abe Lincoln. You know that was in your head. Or it will be.

>6. Most of the rest was policy stuff that no one understands or cares about. We don’t know how to fix Obamacare or what to do with TPP. But by acting competent on these and other policy issues, Trump gains more than Clinton in persuasion.

>7. Trump attacked Clinton on emails, and did a good job. His base needed that.

>8. Clinton had to defend her “deplorables” comment. She said she regretted it. Regret isn’t what the public wanted to hear. That’s about her. They wanted to hear that she doesn’t think that way. She failed to address the emotional part of that topic, and that’s a persuasion fail.

>9. Trump defended his “extreme” vetting fairly well, but he did miss a huge opportunity for reframing. Trump mentioned the need for Muslims to help the country by informing on known terrorists in their ranks. He could have gone a step farther and said that he takes responsibility for some Islamophobia by his tough talk, but the solution to Islamaphobia is not what Trump says or does going forward. The solution is for the community itself to self-police the bad elements in its ranks. You can think that is unfair – because it is – but it might be the only solution in the long run.

Neither did particularly well, but I'd say Trump won this one with that "because you'd be in jail" line. He definitely fared better this time.