Prove me wrong: The Force Awakens was the best executed film in the series...

Prove me wrong: The Force Awakens was the best executed film in the series. The main argument I've heard towards this movie is the fact that it wasn't an original idea. That's a fine argument but you can't deny that execution wise it's nearly flawless. It recycled old ideas but did them better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No fleshed out character, lots of plot holes, lazy recycling, social justice to the roof.

It was a complete cynical disaster and an obvious cash grab.

Just hang yourself millenial.

Name one character that was more fleshed out in the original.
Name one plot hole.
I already addressed the recycling.
The amount of diversity they forced was a bit much.

I watched it high and liked it a lot. Then watched it again while high before watching the plinkett review and thought it was average at best. I don't get it, seems like the least rewatchable movie ever

All Star Wars films are average at best desu.
What Star Wars movies are rewatchable? They're all pretty self-explanatory the first time around. There's never and cryptic shit you need to rewatch to decipher.

>Prove me wrong
I'd love to hear you actually make your argument with details instead of just saying a clickbaity statement and then demanding others create argument.

That's not sarcastic or anything. I actually would like to hear your genuine thoughts, user.

Literally anyone.

>Luke (Just the first movie)
>Farmboy dreams of going out there and making something of himself
>You can tell how he's both frustrated with his foster parents, but also respects and loves them
>Is shown to be prejudiced against scoundrels like Han, and it's hinted this might come from a place of envy
>Said prejudice and envy then develops into his and Han's bond as they make their escape from the Death Star
>His arc comes full circle, becoming part of that "bigger something" he always dreamed, even if in a much different form than the original plans he had for joining the (Imperial) Academy
>Each step of the way, he grows because of what he learns and the connections he makes
Instead of because he's literally abducted by the plot and has no other choice but do what the plot demands

>Plot Hole
How about them establishing that the First Order has the bigger piece of the map already, which only misses like 5-6 star systems in the spot they need the fragment for, and where they know Luke is, but for some reason this military organization that can build Starkiller Base doesn't have the manpower or technology to send out probes and scour those handful of systems like we saw the Empire do before, even though the Empire had to search literally the entire Galaxy
Or the fact that Rey has literally the worst possible job in a scanvenger outpost, despite having every single skill that could be used to make a killing at such a place, or the innevitable nearby spaceport without which there would be no point in scavenging for spaceship parts (namely her engineering, piloting and fighting skills)
Or how a Janitor was educated in the technical specifications of the Starkiller Base, because surely every stormtrooper needs to have a better understanding of every single piece of technology in the possession of the First Order than a Starfleet Officer
Or the fact that Han, just takes them to a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

More?

Plankett just teared a hole in your entire thread, OP.

Take your autism medication.

>What Star Wars movies are rewatchable?
only a new hope. The characters and story work for me every time

I watched that review. Explain how he tore a hole in my thread?

Why are you retards even replying to this thread?

Even if this fuckwit wasn't trolling, everyone knows 7 was shit.

He explains why the movie was utter garbage.

Now keep making excuses for why it's not.

>The main argument I've heard is it's not original.

Then you haven't been on Cred Forums since it was released. I wish the fags defending this trash would noose themselves.

He actually doesn't. From what I remember he discusses (critiques) starwars as it exists as a cultural phenomenon today, mocks the ring theory (actually shitting on the prequels again), talks (facetiously) about a lot of stuff like diversity, nitpicks about "plotholes" (in a similar fashion to the hacks at cinema sins would do, obviously for effect), and complains that it was too similar to a new hope.

Mike and Jay actually liked TFA, according to the hitb episode.

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

Why do tripfags bother you so much? If seeing a post with a name upsets you so much that you go into autistic rage (really hope that it doesn't) then just anonymize every post.

=============

>Name one plot hole.

One tiny fighter escaping from gigantic warship that should be able to obliterate it in seconds.

Sending just two tie fighters after them when they knew their location.

This is just the beginning of the movie. It's literally a plothole fest: the movie.

You don't know the definition of plot hole. Google is your friend.

>flawless

it is a rehash
it has plot holes

It doesn't have plot holes. It may be the only one in the series that doesn't. NAME ONE

the droid became active at the end of the movie but not before

Why does Luke leave a map if he wants to be alone?

How could both parties not find Luke if only a little detail was missing?

Why does the Star Killer have the exact same weak point

How could Finn hold against a Ren who could had force choke Finn?

how could Ray defeat Rey without training?

Finn crash landed on Jakku but it was near enough to the next city

Alright, even though i've seen this copypasta displayed hundreds of times, i'll bite just for you because you've regurgitated it.

1. I'm still just as anonymous as you, the only difference is I have attached a name to each of my anonymous posts. Point being, my identity is just as anonymous as yours.
2. "Absolutely Necessary" requires defining. It is not entirely necessary, but in the sense that every thread I enter, and every shitpost I make can be identified by a name, I am accountable for each of these posts. This allows posters to follow along a string of posts. This is also helpful in having discussions that transcend threads. A discussion could theoretically pick up a day from now, and a poster would identify a tripfag and pick up the conversation. Obviously I realise this is now somewhat of a moot point since most posters here aren't regular native Cred Forums users, but cross-posters and tourists, who like you feel offended at the first sight of a tripcode because they have been conditioned to feel that way from their many hours of browsing Cred Forums (anonymous haha!)

Do I feel that my posts are important enough to warrant this type of identification? Not at all. I just thought it would be helpful for regular posters, which again, seem to be extinct nowadays, and to be able to circlejerk with other tripfaggots ;)

Empire Strikes Back is the most rewatchable, followed by Throne room in ROTJ

Anakin's lightsaber activated R2.
He didn't leave a map, it was a map to where he ran off too (the first jedi temple).
Big galaxy.
It's similar but not the same. Not a plot hole.
Ren fucking destroyed Finn.
Kylo Ren is a weak piece of shit. He was injured. Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin.

they could had used the power of the space ship to do the same (like they did in episode 1)

And the Republic didnt knew where that temple was?

Kylo was still a trained sith. he could had used the force to defeat both

I will add on to your point. Let's look at Han.
>charming rogue, only in it for the money
>develops friendship with idealistic kid, feels the call to be part of something bigger
>refuses the call, decides to take the reward and head home
>makes the choice to come back at the end triumphantly, helping the hero save the day

People underestimate just how effective the narrative of IV is. In the rebel hangar when Luke scolds Han, Chewie roars and Han shakes his head, saying 'I know what I'm doing,' but in a way that makes it very clear that he has doubts. And Lucas in the next action sequence makes you completely forget about Han, until the very last moment when he flies in with the sun behind him.

not episode 1 i mean episode 4

The intense denial from OP is strong in this thread. In the face of so much evidence, he still cannot see.

Why was Leia leading a resistance, while the actual Republic already exists? Why is the First Order this powerful again, while being an exact copy of the previous Empire (which should cause a lot of panic in the Republic). Doesn't the Republic want to fight the First Order? Or is it because they wanted to make an exact copy of the originals, which requires a rebellion against an evil empire

how did that green alien got Luke`s lightsaber?

What green alien? Yoda? What are we talking about here?

>The Force Awakens was the best executed film in the series

More proof that talentless people overcompensate with HD cameras and post-production lense flares adding photoshopping skills.

it's like a dwarf wearing ladder

When the rebels "won" at the end of Jedi, I didn't take that as a sign that the Empire was completely demolished. The remains of it, as seen as The First Order, seem like a natural continuance.

In a way he is kinda right. The Force Awakens was manufactured to be that way in every possible way. It was handled in such a way that board rooms, market research, and other such things took over, rather than creative impulses.

What makes a lot things great though is the human element. The flaws that make them imperfect, that remind us of our own imperfect humanity, are often regarded as a good thing in creative works in general.

>The Force Awakens was the best executed film in the series
>you have no argument against it
>I have no argument to support it either
This thread belongs in Cred Forums.

>the best executed film in the series
what does that even mean and how is it relevant when the movie is absolute garbage? op is a troll or a fucking retard

Lac of originality wasn't the biggest problem, it's that the movie's format was typical of a 2016 high budget Hollywood flick - constant action, lots of winking-at-the-audience dialogue etc

It felt more like a shitty Marvel movie than Star Wars.

>There's never and cryptic shit you need to rewatch to decipher.

The prequel story have a lot going on that is difficult to catch on first viewings.

I agree it makes the originals look like amateur garbage (which they are).