So do you think this movie will be good?

So do you think this movie will be good?

No.

Yes. Disney doesn't make bad movies because they don't take the risk. They only make extremely calculated films that are objectively good.

No. Also that poster is unrealistic. Unless the Death Star is purposely headed on a collision course with that planet.

>Treating Star Wars as Science Fiction.

No

name one good star wars movie

This poster is shit. Why is the Death Star so close to the planet?

I'm sure you still enjoy the Marvel movies being shit out every year that are carbon copies of one another.

Sorry, it just triggers me sometimes.

>treating disney wars as fantasy

What did he mean by this?

Attack of the clones

>thinking logically about something fits into a single genre.

It should trigger you. It's a shit poster. I guess it's supposed to draw attention away from the bottom, where rebels are running into blaster fire. Is that Sci-fi, too?

It will be ok.

Best you can hope for are some characters you like and a plot that doesn't fall apart completely if you give it any thought.

You won't be able to escape the made by committee, forced 4 quadrant movie feel every franchise has nowadays.

nah, that's actually from the Vietnam war. US troops used the wide open space to get better sight at the vietkongs hiding in the jungle. They knew humans evolved to fight on open fields, so the charlies were at a disadvantage because the jungle obstructed their vision.
that gave them the advantage to win the vietnam war.

No.
>Thinking scientifically about a fantasy film.

can't be worse than tfa

How the fuck is it scientific to notice how close the Death Star is?
wow

It'll probably be good, but not great.

This.
I expect a 7/10 popcorn flick that I will have forgotten about a week later.

>another death star

this the 5th one right?

no, it's the first.
the movie is set right before Episode 4.

It will be garbage like the rest of star wars.

I hope Jar-Jar makes a cameo.

>the tomb of Embassador Binks has been desecrated!

Doesn't matter. People don't want anything original.
But would you care if it wasn't? I doubt it.

honestly, yeah, who cares what death star it is.
the starkiller base could've been replaced by a death star and nothing would change.
I really wish they'd dare to make something just slightly different. we don't ALWAYS need a death star equivalent.

You're not enjoying them?

>that poster

Good concept horrible execution.

This movie is going to flop. Wouldn't surprise me if the Rogue One series backfires on Disney with such shit sales that they have to can the remaking sequels.

>This will be the fourth star wars film about a death star.

Why dont they ever go into that "ancient jedi magic" stuff we got to see in the games?

Caravan of Courage

Because it's not a guaranteed sell. What if people hate it, and the word of mouth kills what could have been major profit? People at TFA up, so expect the same shit for many years.

that poster looks like a battle from Warcraft 3 or some shit

because midichlorians.
Also, jokes aside, I feel the movies are too derivative to itself in terms of force power.
Floating things is really just a basic trick and the first thing you learn as a jedi, yet it seems to be the trademark jedi power nowadays.
Lightning in the original trilogy was used for torture and humiliation, not combat. it's just a thing the emperor did to fuck luke.
Oh and the handwave mind trick, which is always used in the exact same manner, and a literal handwave for when the plot just needs it.
Really what else do we have? Nothing. jedi seem to be just people with telekinetic powers, or lightning powers, depending on their moral code.
the games made up stuff out of necessity, but it's really up to the movies to catch up now.

The most truthful, "cut the bullshit" and correct answer that I've maybe ever seen on this rats nest of a board. I applaud you.

>correct answer

Kill yourself

Star Wars will dilute the product with each movie Disney releases. I think this movie will do good at the box office, but each subsequent Star Wars release will see its box office revenue drop.

7/10 implies that it will be good. It will actually be 5/10, and what I mean by that is it'll be watchable.

>box office revenue will drop
lol yeah, just like the sequels. People are morons. You're giving them way too much credit.

Poster looks like shit. Movie looks like shit.
I have very little interest in this project.

Slowly friend I am. You know that answer is the truth and it pisses you off. For fuck sake they have IP Man as a Jedi. The only thing that might save some credibility is Ben Mendohlson.

I think it will be the best Star Wars movie ever made.
Screen cap this.

No...?

Time will tell